ORAS Ubers uber team for ubers

i made this team for the lulz to try ubers and it actually ended up working very fine. had lots of fun playing with it and had pretty decent results in both tours and ladder ( peaked 7, i didn't go any further 'cause i stopped laddering after i got back to 20 or so).

anyway, the team:

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock

this is set is something. mainly used as a rock setter, it does also deal with annoying steel type, archeo kyogre and everything wh know groudon can do. t wave is there for 2 reasons: to deal with defoggers like latias and giving me time to reset the rocks every time, and to stop eventual fast threats. eq and f punch are a fairly obvious choice.

Sableye @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Foul Play
- Recover
- Confuse Ray
- Will-O-Wisp

i put sableye to put pressure to rock setters and deals with them. it just make deoxys and mewtwos useless with foul play destroying every form of them. depending on the set and hax of confuse ray it can eventually deal with groudon too. ( one confusion is needed). foul play does approximatly 35% to a groudon. eventually it helps me with bouncing back stats and taunts

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Geomancy
- Focus Blast
- Aromatherapy

it's pretty obvious why this is here and also the set i guess. made for sweeping it does it stupidly fine.

Arceus @ Life Orb
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Recover
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake

i didn't put any ghost moves on this one since i literally never need to use one. after a sword dance this thing is a powerhouse and destroys almost everything of the opponent team. recover is there just in case i need to. eq is there for steel types and groudon. one of the common uses for this thing is to revenge kill other darkrays, which i find very annoying. and it just does it.

Lugia @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Protect

this set is the ultimate stall set, there's really no arceus or groudon that passes this lugia. it does also an incredible job against boosted mons, since it can absorb the initial damage with multiscale and then whirlwind. litterally a phyical threat has a very hard time facing this, as it's almost impossibile to pass it.

Darkrai @ Life Orb
Ability: Bad Dreams
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Dark Void

yes, i know. eventually sludge bomb is a better solution and i'm considering it. but i have to say for some mons also ice beam is fine. not considering this, the set is obvious and it's made for sweeping very easily against the opposite team. dark void is a great move that allows me to gain time to boost with nasty plot. after one single nasty plot the only things i have to worry about are klefkys and other arceus.

threats

only 2 mons can sometimes give me problems. the first is ho-oh, the banded set. it can do quite a lot of damage, but if i have rocks up then it's not such a huge problem, since arceus kills it easily when at 50%. the second is genesect, but not really a huge problem after all. with him i have to make some predictions, that's all.

i know i don't run defog, but: magic bounce sableye is there for a reason. second in ubers defoggers are omnipresent, so i just take advantage of somebody else defogging, or at least i can play rocks up both sides, it does not disturb the team very much.

as the team suggests i generally like to play offensively, lugia aside, so the sets are made to fit that standard.

PISTOLERO

I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him.
Hello, I'm going to start off by saying that Lugia on offense is not really something that works very well. I'll delve into EV spreads and other general things first.

Your Groudon should probably be specially defensive, with a Careful nature, max HP and max Special Defense. This lets it take Kyogre and Geomancy Xerneas. Arceus should be Jolly and should run Shadow Claw over Recover. Xerneas should probably run something like 56 Speed and put the rest into HP for bulk. Lastly, I would recommend running Sludge Bomb on Darkrai over Ice Beam as it lets Darkrai break its most common switchins, Fairy-types.

Now, I would reconsider some of your teammembers. If you want a Magic Bouncer, I would recommend you use Diancie over Sableye as it is much more offensive and would therefore fit better, and would also solve your problem with Ho-Oh, outspeeding it and OHKOing it with Diamond Storm. I would recommend 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe Naive or Timid, with a moveset of Diamond Storm / Moonblast / Earth Power / Protect. Protect lets you Mega Evolve safely and also lets you scout Scarf Genesect's U-Turn or Iron Head.

Next, I would recommend you change out Lugia for Latias or Latios, as this provides you with a few of the things Lugia does like checking Groudon etc, whilst also giving you significant offensive presence. You can use Calm Mind / Roost / Draco / Psyshock with either twin, the choice of Lati@s is completely up to you. I would run max Speed and SpAtk myself, but if you want to run a bulkier teammember i would recommend Latias with 160 HP / 52 Def / 44 SpA / 252 Spe Timid.

I hope this rate helped you, don't forget the Soul Dew on Lati@s by the way!

hi thanks for the rate.

Hello, I'm going to start off by saying that Lugia on offense is not really something that works very well. I'll delve into EV spreads and other general things first.
i never said it's an HO team, only that i like playing offensively. and lugia does fit to take hits the rest of the team can not.

Your Groudon should probably be specially defensive, with a Careful nature, max HP and max Special Defense. This lets it take Kyogre and Geomancy Xerneas. Arceus should be Jolly and should run Shadow Claw over Recover. Xerneas should probably run something like 56 Speed and put the rest into HP for bulk. Lastly, I would recommend running Sludge Bomb on Darkrai over Ice Beam as it lets Darkrai break its most common switchins, Fairy-types.
kyogre is hardly a threat for the team since groudon 2hko it, arceus eventually does 50% on it eventually. xerneas is hardly a problem, at least it has never been so far in my matches. i don't see why running jolly over adamente when he uses most of the times his e speed. recover is needed in some occasion, it doesn't really need shadow claw. the only thing i'm considering as i also said in the previous post is that darkray could eventually run sludge bomb, it's something i'm considering.

Now, I would reconsider some of your teammembers. If you want a Magic Bouncer, I would recommend you use Diancie over Sableye as it is much more offensive and would therefore fit better, and would also solve your problem with Ho-Oh, outspeeding it and OHKOing it with Diamond Storm. I would recommend 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe Naive or Timid, with a moveset of Diamond Storm / Moonblast / Earth Power / Protect. Protect lets you Mega Evolve safely and also lets you scout Scarf Genesect's U-Turn or Iron Head.
the diance thing is something i considered too, and i'm testing it in a secondary team.

Next, I would recommend you change out Lugia for Latias or Latios, as this provides you with a few of the things Lugia does like checking Groudon etc, whilst also giving you significant offensive presence. You can use Calm Mind / Roost / Draco / Psyshock with either twin, the choice of Lati@s is completely up to you. I would run max Speed and SpAtk myself, but if you want to run a bulkier teammember i would recommend Latias with 160 HP / 52 Def / 44 SpA / 252 Spe Timid.
this deinetly not, i like how lugia fits in the team.

PISTOLERO

I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him.
The problem with Lugia is that it does not allow you to "play offensively" since it saps momentum and hands all the initiative to your opponent. The reason I advocated a change to specially defensive Groudon is that it takes a lot of pressure off your team, since fully specially defensive Groudon can to an extent take on both Xerneas and Kyogre on an opposing team, whereas with the Pokemon you have now, Geomancy Xerneas can easily run through your team after Groudon has been softened even slightly, whereas against fully specially defensive Groudon it needs to wait until Groudon has taken almost 50% damage to sweep securely. Lastly, something I did not notice before is that you are running Confuse Ray Sableye, I would consider running Toxic or Knock Off as those are not gimmicky moves, you can Knock Off Life Orbs and Power Herbs from the like of Xerneas and Yveltal, or poison Arceus formes etc. This is of course if you decide to keep Sableye and not repalce it with Diancie.

Blaziken (M) @ Blazikenite
Ability: Speed Boost
Lonely Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA
- Power-Up Punch
- Swords Dance
- Blaze Kick
- Baton Pass

Breloom (M) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Gentle Nature
- Leech Seed
- Giga Drain
- Drain Punch
- Seed Bomb

Garchomp (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
Quirky Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Flamethrower
- Stone Edge

Talonflame (F) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Gale Wings
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Zapdos @ Cell Battery
Ability: Pressure
Mild Nature
- Thunder
- Drill Peck
- Heat Wave
- Thunderbolt

Ludicolo @ Leftovers
Ability: Rain Dish
- Leech Seed
- Rain Dance
- Giga Drain
- Hydro Pump

could you rate it plz thanks
Don't post on other peoples' threads to get your team rated, you should create your own.

In addition to this, you have to provide three sentences of description of each member of your team, or the thread will be locked.

One other note: Manual Rain Dance without Damp Rock is terrible, don't use it.

Hey spec m,
looking at the teampreview, the team does not seem bad. But the wierd sets changed my opinion. It is kinda redundant how your team works. Either you play a nice balance team or you play more offensive but the mix of everything doesn't work that great. First of all change Sableyes move to Taunt. It doesn't need it and will give you hate, which you do not need. Taunt allows you to beat stall and prohibits Deoxys-S from laying hazards. My next suggestion would be, using CM Aromatherapy Xerneas with max defensive and max hp, because I think a defensive cleric would fit the best in my opinion. Since you are Flyingspam weak, namily Mega Mence and Ho-OH, I would give Arceus Rock a try. It is the best way to stop birds from beating you, and defensive Xerneas and Rockeus will beat this playstyle. Lugia and Arceus will abuse the Clericsupport of Xerneas. Lugia doesn't need Protect. In my opinion you should use Aeroblast over it to hit Gengar and Groudon. Psychic can work as well.
My last suggestion is using Sdef Ho-Oh to cover up the potential Xerneas weak if Lugia can t take on it. The birds combo of Lugia and Ho-Oh is really annoying if you play it right and if you are able to prohibit your opponent from laying down his hazards. Xerneas supports that team really well.

I hope I was able to help you. :]

1. Ho-Oh @ Leftovers
    Trait: Regenerator
    EVs: 248 HP / 204 SDef / 56 Spd
    Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
    - Brave Bird
    - Whirlwind
    - Roost
    - Sacred Fire

Lugia @ Leftovers
    Trait: Multiscale
    EVs: 248 HP / 220 Def / 40 Spd
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Aeroblast
    - Whirlwind
    - Recover
    - Toxic

Arceus-Ground (Arceus-Rock) @ Stone Plate
    Trait: Multitype
    EVs: 248 HP / 166 Def / 96 Spd
    IVs: 0 Atk
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Judgment
    - Recover
    - Defog

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)