SPOILERS! Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon Datamine Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really, really don't think so. That thread had a lot of confusion. It seems like there are specific ones that are set to be shiny, and others that are presumably normal, where you could theoretically soft-reset and have your otherwise normal chance of the 'mon you encounter being shiny. But maybe I'm wrong and it's actually that insane.

I think that, if they had given Totem Vikavolt Special Attacks, it would just one-shot everything you put on its way.
Everything except for Lightning Rod Alolan Marowak, but forcing you to use only one Pokemon would have been a horrible idea.

I think the Lurantis Totem challenge can be the standard for future Pokemon boss fights, providing a legit challenge without it being unfair.

So apparently the shiny wormholes let you reset for the mon inside and it will always be shiny. So two questions, does that mean non-shiny wormholes will have shiny-locked mons, and does this apply to wormholes for legendaries?
Interesting, so we can know beforehand if the UB we are getting is shiny?

Interesting, so we can know beforehand if the UB we are getting is shiny?
Yes. Some Ultra Wormholes have a special yellow border/white center that pretty much guarantees a shiny encounter. Tho it’s not confirmed exactly which encounters are.

Some people claim that you can SR inside the dimension to get a shiny but only legendaries were shown and no words for UB and regular Pokemon.

How does the Rotom based "use 2 Z-moves per battle" thing work, do you have to use a Rotom item before battle, always after it's unlocked, or just a random occurrence?

And just because someone else is going to ask: does it work in multiplayer/Battle Tree/Agency?

Well, I still haven't had the answer for this... Do we have a chance that the Alolan starters now are available in the wild and be caught in different balls?
And also, their HA. (not that it matters for me if it improves nothing for Primarina)

the alola starters aren't available anywhere in the wild or island scan or the wormholes
Which is a damn shame. I mean, no Liquid Voice or Long Reach isn't the end of the world, but Intimidate Incineroar is a must, especially now that it has Drain Punch and Knock Off.

Oh well, it'll probably end up being an event or a PGL Tournament prize at some point. It's just a little disappointing having to wait like this after XY gave us HA Starters immediately.

Which is a damn shame. I mean, no Liquid Voice or Long Reach isn't the end of the world, but Intimidate Incineroar is a must, especially now that it has Drain Punch and Knock Off.

Oh well, it'll probably end up being an event or a PGL Tournament prize at some point. It's just a little disappointing having to wait like this after XY gave us HA Starters immediately.
Well, the BW starters had to wait one and a half generations to get their Hidden Abilities even though they were introduced in the same generation as them...

Well, the BW starters had to wait one and a half generations to get their Hidden Abilities even though they were introduced in the same generation as them...
Yeah, but GF seems to have gotten faster about getting HA's out starting in Gen 6, with only the Skrelp, Clauncher, Tyrunt, and Amaura lines being the only non-Legends/Mythicals not to get theirs right away, and all Gen 6 Mons having their HA's released by the end of the Generation.

At the moment, it's just the Starters, the Tapus, and Passimian/Oranguru (actually, can they be SOS'd now?) that are unreleased, and with USUM being the last games on the 3DS, there may not be much time left to get them out (though I wouldn't be surprised if the Telepathy Tapus rollover into Gen 8), so I'm curious as to how/when we'll get them.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
I got 2BP per session. Each session took about 2 to 3 minutes and the amount of BP earned didn't seem to increase so... Maybe as you get higher scores the amount BPs increase but it honestly felt like more of a chore than climbing the BT. It's one of those things you'll really only want to do once or twice.
No lie, you must be pretty awful at Mantine surfing.

(yes it correlates with higher scores)

Once you get to the first surfing spot, you can consistently get 10 Battle Points without trouble, and 14 Battle Points in Ula'Ula if you can pull off Starmie 720 and Primarina Twist consistently. That's like 50 BP in 10 minutes and it is actually a very easy farm. You can even abuse this and go to the Battle Royal and get items like Leftovers incredibly early in the game. It will take no time.

TBH, I don't want just this to grind. I want real post game areas where I can actually explore and grind, like BW2's parts of Unova (well, a hell of a lot more too) and that island in Sinnoh (what is this place's name? I never found out for sure, i thought it was battle island or something like that). I don't just want to endlessly battle Chansey and Blissey for exp. It feels rushed and lazy of them.
But even in vanilla, like 60% of Poni Island have been post-game. Maybe that's not as big as that Sinnoh Island, but a post-game definitely exists.

Do you possibly have the exact location on the island where they appear?
Thought they had been posted earlier, but I guess not, nothing pops up when I search. Here they are:

Charmander - Route 3
Squirtle - Seaward Cave
Onix - Ten Carat Hill
Horsea - Kala'e Bay
Scatterbug - Hau'oli City
Bulbasaur - Route 2
Litwick - Hau'oli Cemetary

Ralts - Route 6
Spheal - Route 7
Combusken - Route 8
Honedge - Akala Outskirts
Beedrill - Route 4
Grovyle - Route 5
Marshtomp - Brooklet Hill

Rhyhorn - Blush Mountain
Swinub - Tapu Village
Prinplup - Route 16
Grotle - Ula'ula Meadow
Pidgeot - Route 10
Monferno - Route 11
Axew - Mount Hokulani

Eelektross - Poni Grove
Aggron - Poni Plains
Rotom - Poni Gauntlet
Leavanny - Poni Meadow
Chesnaught - Exeggutor Island
Greninja - Poni Wilds
Delphox - Ancient Poni Path

Went poking around the game text dump and located the clothes section. Agent Sunglasses are mentioned alongside a few other interesting outfits. Hopefully we will be able to get those

Looking at the Totem Battles....

The Ghost one. Why on earth does Jellicent have Snore in its moveset? Am I missing something?

At the moment, it's just the Starters, the Tapus, and Passimian/Oranguru (actually, can they be SOS'd now?) that are unreleased, and with USUM being the last games on the 3DS, there may not be much time left to get them out (though I wouldn't be surprised if the Telepathy Tapus rollover into Gen 8), so I'm curious as to how/when we'll get them.
^Knowing if Passimian finally has its HA would be nice.

Last edited:
Is there anything special that should happen in the Pikachu place on the 2nd island? There's a Pikachu repeatedly emerging from a house (sometimes three), and a lonely one you you can't interact with, supposedly requiring a Cap Pikachu for something?

Speaking of which, what's the point in interacting with Pokemon at all? Can you ever get anything out of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)