SPOILERS! Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon Datamine Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there anything special that should happen in the Pikachu place on the 2nd island? There's a Pikachu repeatedly emerging from a house (sometimes three), and a lonely one you you can't interact with, supposedly requiring a Cap Pikachu for something?

Speaking of which, what's the point in interacting with Pokemon at all? Can you ever get anything out of it?
at one point serebii.net stated that something happens when you bring the ash-hat pikachu to the pikachu valley, but didnt know what

whats the dex count in us/um? im prepping it in advance. i think i have almost everything but wanna double check and make sure im not missing anything based on number count

If you become a top surfer at all 4 surfer spots, you get a Pikachu with surf holding a gold bottle cap. Pikachu isn’t shiny locked so yes, it can be shiny.

Also, all Mega Stones are obtainable in USUM Battle Tree by purchasing them. Except for the ones Red gives you.
I'm assuming that you can evolve it and it's not just some Cosplay Pikachu thing all over again, right?
(I seriously want a Alolan Raichu with Surf).

I'm assuming that you can evolve it and it's not just some Cosplay Pikachu thing all over again, right?
(I seriously want a Alolan Raichu with Surf).
Yes, it appears you can evolve it just like any normal Pikachu. I guess it goes for the flying one as well. Seriously, if this thing got lightingrod, it would be perfect - you can soft reset for nature, IVs, shinyness... just this ability suck (tough it doesn´t matter as much if you want to evolve it into Alolachu).
I personally am going to SR for shiny Timid one (just hope Synchronizer works on this thing).

Has anyone figured out the identity of the trigger found in the coding that lets Pikachu, Exeggcute, and Cubone evolve into their Kanto evolutions?

How does the Rotom based "use 2 Z-moves per battle" thing work, do you have to use a Rotom item before battle, always after it's unlocked, or just a random occurrence?

And just because someone else is going to ask: does it work in multiplayer/Battle Tree/Agency?
Random, apparently depends on how much Rotom likes you

It seems that we will need to wait until the actual on sale date/a sufficiently large amount of people using "some sort of method" to get the game and test everything. Just relying on data mining and the very scarce amount of people working on it would leave so many questions unsolved.

I asked this a bit earlier in the thread, but does anyone know if the megastones are obtainable in USUM? And if they are here, where are they? I need to know before I restart my SM game for a possible nuzlocke.

Based on Ribombee getting Sticky Web, I'm trying to figure out a Webs Ribombee set. Outspeeding and OHKOing Greninja is something Ribombee can do but the old standard, Galvantula, cannot.

Maybe something like this is OK:
Ribombee @ Life Orb / Focus Sash
Ability: Shield Dust
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power Ground / U-turn
- Quiver Dance / Stun Spore / U-turn

Sticky Web is a good move, and Moonblast is Ribombee's strongest STAB and has good coverage. Quiver Dance, U-turn, and Stun Spore all hopefully prevent Ribombee from becoming set-up fodder while it lays Webs. Hidden Power Ground has the best coverage with Fairy, IMO, although being unable to hit Celesteela and Skarmory super-effectively hurts. At least you get to 2HKO Heatran (guaranteed without boosting against all variants as long as you use Life Orb). Shield Dust is Ribombee's only good ability.

Ribombee getting outsped and OHKOd by Tapu Koko hurts, though, which is why Focus Sash is an option.

Last edited:
Based on Ribombee getting Sticky Web, I'm trying to figure out a Webs Ribombee set. Outspeeding and OHKOing Greninja is something Ribombee can do but the old standard, Galvantula, cannot.

Maybe something like this is OK:
Ribombee @ Life Orb / Focus Sash
Ability: Shield Dust
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power Ground / U-turn
- Quiver Dance / Stun Spore / U-turn

Sticky Web is a good move, and Moonblast is Ribombee's strongest STAB and has good coverage. Quiver Dance, U-turn, and Stun Spore all hopefully prevent Ribombee from becoming set-up fodder while it lays Webs. Hidden Power Ground has the best coverage with Fairy, IMO, although being unable to hit Celesteela and Skarmory super-effectively hurts. At least you get to 2HKO Heatran (guaranteed without boosting against all variants as long as you use Life Orb). Shield Dust is Ribombee's only good ability.

Ribombee getting outsped and OHKOd by Tapu Koko hurts, though, which is why Focus Slash is an option.
I could see HP Steel being a better option because it lets Ribombee OHKO Diancie.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
So I went ahead and made a list of all the Pokemon that previously did not have significant (>/=75BP) physical ground coverage that now do with Stomping Tantrum that might actually use it to some effect (and bolded some of the mons and added sets that would take most advantage) :

Raticate
Alolan Raticate
Dodrio (Brave Bird/Return/Stomping Tantrum/[Mirror Move & Flyinium Z / Swords Dance & Life Orb])
Kingler (Crabhammer/Knock Off/Stomping Tantrum/Swords Dance & Life Orb)

Ariados (Lunge/Toxic/Stomping Tantrum/Sticky Web & Focus Sash)
Entei (Extreme Speed/Sacred Fire/Stone Edge/Stomping Tantrum & Life Orb)

Linoone (Belly Drum/Extreme Speed/Shadow Claw/Stomping Tantrum & Life Orb)
Delcatty
Spinda
Cacturne (Swords Dance/Sucker Punch/Stomping Tantrum/Seed Bomb & Life Orb [If Sucker Punch fails, Stomping Tantrum doubles next attack])
Deoxys

Bibarel
Purugly

Watchog
Stoutland (Return / Play Rough / Stomping Tantrum / Ice Fang & Life Orb)
Audino
Amoonguss (Clear Smog / Synthesis / Stomping Tantrum / Spore & Leftovers)

Heatmor

Lycanroc (also learns Drill Run)

Both as a standalone move and for a one-time 140BP Tectonic Rage, this could actually be a sleeper move for some of these Pokemon. Perhaps they wouldn't break into the tier above them, but certainly it provides them a fairly competent new coverage type. The best move to combo with this? Toxic. If you know a Steel or Poison type vulnerable to Ground will switch in, lead with Toxic. Stomping Tantrum will most likely annihilate them the next turn.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Dodrio has no reason to run Stomping Tantrum as it has Jump Kick to deal with Rocks and Steels. Well, outside of Doublade, I guess.
Recoil and Acc issues. It's also better against Electric checks, though it's slightly weaker than Return without the damage boost. In theory you could forgo Return for it and run Brave Bird/Jump Kick/Stomping Tantrum/Swords Dance or Mirror Move. Dodrio's never really had that third good coverage option (lewl Steel Wing, though Knock Off is somewhat serviceable I suppose).

Will Stomping Tantrum get doubled power if the move used before it misses?
Quoting the first post in the Sun/Moon research thread:

Stomping Tantrum gets its power doubled after every "But it failed!" including both types of move failure (those that activate Protean and those that don't). Launching moves into immunities and no target also triggers the boost, but launching moves into Protect does not. Only gets doubled power if 0 targets were successfully hit (unless one or more of them were protecting themselves)

Other than Yanma/Yanmega, can someone give me a TL;DR of the non-legendaries available only in Ultra Space?
Yanma/Yanmega
Wooper/Quagsire
buizel/floatzel
slugma/magcargo
meditite/medicham
Audino
Sigilyph
Stunfisk
Snover/Abomasnow
Swablu/Altaria
Ducklett/Swanna
Tailow/Swellow
Skorup/Drapion
Helioptile/Heliolisk
Seedot/Nuzleaf/Shiftry (specifically, Nuzleaf)
Lotad/Lombre/Ludicolo (specifically Lombre)
Spoink/Grumpig
Dwebble/Crustle
Hippopotas/Hippowdon
Binacle/Barbaracle

I don't know if some are VE or not, the datamine just sort of had them all there. And it's not a wormhole pokemon, but you can seemingly find an Electrode in the RR base? idk if you can capture it, but probably?

Fun fact: between the alola dex expansion, island scan, and wormholes you can get every mega evolution pokemon except diance.....and camerupt. If it wasn't for the fact that the datamine seems to have information for VE legends (ie: Groudon and Kyogre), I'd think camerupt was just a VE wormhole encounter

Last edited:
Recoil and Acc issues. It's also better against Electric checks, though it's slightly weaker than Return without the damage boost. In theory you could forgo Return for it and run Brave Bird/Jump Kick/Stomping Tantrum/Swords Dance or Mirror Move. Dodrio's never really had that third good coverage option (lewl Steel Wing, though Knock Off is somewhat serviceable I suppose).
Accuracy isn't really much of an issue, since Jump Kick's Accuracy is 95%, and recoil is only an issue in the 5% chance of a miss. All in all, the power difference between K and ST is significant enough to justify the slight risk. Having Tantrum as back up for dealing with the odd Golem-A could work, I guess, but I'd probably just run Return or Knock Off instead.

Having Tantrum as back up for dealing with the odd Golem-A could work, I guess, but I'd probably just run Return or Knock Off instead.
Quick question, where are common sets listed for usage on Showdown? Having a hard time navigating it and I am really intrigued what people are using with Golem-A.

Yanma/Yanmega
Wooper/Quagsire
buizel/floatzel
slugma/magcargo
meditite/medicham
Audino
Sigilyph
Stunfisk
Snover/Abomasnow
Swablu/Altaria
Ducklett/Swanna
Tailow/Swellow
Skorup/Drapion
Helioptile/Heliolisk
Seedot/Nuzleaf/Shiftry (specifically, Nuzleaf)
Lotad/Lombre/Ludicolo (specifically Lombre)
Spoink/Grumpig
Dwebble/Crustle
Hippopotas/Hippowdon
Binacle/Barbaracle
This list, I LIKE IT! So many Apricorn Balls needed though xD.

Will be nice to not be able to choose between Heat Wave and Hurricane now with Swellow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)