Strategy & Metagame Underrated Movesets In ORAS OU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey article approval squad,

I've been hoping to do a remake of this article for a while, only to accommodate to the current ORAS metagame rather than the DPP one. I have nothing else to make note of here; the basic idea of the article is that I will list sets that are underrated and that I will explain them. Most of these sets will be

I have not found any article resembling this one for ORAS OU. Also, this will be underrated sets, not Pokemon, meaning that I may even list some popular Pokemon's underrated sets.

Many players tend to use standard sets on Pokemon because they're, well, standard. As such, many players begin to prepare for the ordinary sets that they are used to seeing everyday when battling, thus leading into a cycle. To break this cycle, some players choose to use underused and innovative sets that can break this cycle by turning most common Pokemon that prey on a Pokemon into targets. Sets like these are also able to function differently and provide different roles on a team. These sets also induce a surprise factor to the opponent in that the opponent, most of the time, will not be prepared for such sets as they are usually prepared for the standard sets that the Pokemon carries. A good example of this would be Solar Beam Heatran. Many players rely on Water-types such as Azumarill and Rotom-W to act as a Heatran check. However, Power Herb on Heatran allows it to use Solar Beam in one turn and strike both these Pokemon for great damage. In this article, I will be listing many different sets that are underrated in OU. Without further ado, lets get into it.

without writing full sets, the sets i plan to use are solarbeam heatran, subPuP metagross, belly drum chesnaught, mixed victini, and mixed defensive slowking. this varies obviously. Valmanway

i legit hate being a bother but i hope this hasn't been overlooked and i'd definitely like to write it for this issue :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)