Unofficial UUs (Read Post #13) (don't post bugs here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well obviously Chansey is a great mixed wall, this shouldn't even be up for discussion, a Wallbreaker/Sweeper is pretty much required to take the thing down.

Chansey needs to go. I said it last gen, and I'm saying it again now. When a dedicated special wall is bulky enough to avoid a 2HKO from an 80 BP STAB off a banded adamant base 130 atk mon, it's just too bulky. Add in its ridiculously good healing potential, wonderful support movepool, immunity to status, and basically an immunity to special attacks, and it's extremely centralizing because only a few things can beat it and Chansey's team can handle them.

On another note, aside from not 2HKOing Chansey with Crunch, CB Pangoro has been a monstrous threat. OHKOs a good number of walls like Slowbro and P2 (I think Hammer Arm OHKOs Chansey as well), and can do serious damage to everything else (Crunch can 3HKO some Mega Aggrons, for reference). Parting Shot is the lovechild of U-Turn and Memento, grabbing momentum and setup opportunities and allowing you to mindgame your opponent. Round it out with Poison Jab to deal damage to fairies, and you have a pretty good set.

chansey isn't even that difficult (hint: knock off). personally i don't think chansey is really that big of an issue, compared to some of the other guys you have out there. you've got latias, bisharp, tornadus-t, keldeo etc. to take care of.

heck i'd say deoxys-d is better than chansey. a lot more versatile movepool, knock off, and actual recovery in a tier where the only auto-weather are the ones that hurt you.

chansey isn't even that difficult (hint: knock off). personally i don't think chansey is really that big of an issue, compared to some of the other guys you have out there. you've got latias, bisharp, tornadus-t, keldeo etc. to take care of.

heck i'd say deoxys-d is better than chansey. a lot more versatile movepool, knock off, and actual recovery in a tier where the only auto-weather are the ones that hurt you.
Agree 100% Other 'mons like the ones mentioned should be looked at first before Chansey.

Chansey is just one of those things that's just really frustrating to deal with when you lose the one or two things on your team that deals with it. You lose your one or two checks to Medicham and it just kills everything in 4 turns. You lose the things that deal with Chansey and you spend the next 40 turns trying to break it

I don't get the Knock Off thing. What are the Knock Off users that Chansey would stay in on? Something that can lure Chansey in and give it an unsuspecting Knock Off. Chansey just isn't going to stay in on any Knock Off users. I guess saying that Knock Off can threaten it out and force more hazard damage (huge for Eviolite walls) is a fair point. If that's the case, Knock Off is essentially the same as strong physical fighting types. It'll never connect with a hit, but it forces Chansey out and forces it to take hazards damage repeatedly.

The knock off argument is non sense. You'll never knock chansey's eviolite off unless the opponent is sacking it. Absol, bisharp, weavile, tangrowth already beat chansey anyway so no one is going to send the blob in them. That said, they DO beat chansey and are great pokemons in general, but seriously, lets stop talk as if chansey is suddenly losing its eviolite easily, thats not happening.

I'm glad to see the Chansey discussion has come full circle; I think at this point we can all agree that Chansey is not especially vulnerable to Knock Off since it shouldn't be trying to take on the Pokemon that commonly run the move. If anything Chansey fears Trick, which it is far more likely to switch into.

It does however means that you need to run something alongside it to take Knock Off and now that Mega-Heracross is banned we've lost the best option for offensive teams. Mega-Blastoise is awesome and all but the fact that it takes up your Mega slot is less than ideal so I've had to resort to other means. Popular choices for offensive teams include Keldeo and Hydreigon, but tbh I find their frailty to be off-putting even as offensive checks and both of them hate losing their items. For this reason I'm really liking Cobalion right now:

Cobalion @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 152 Atk / 252 Spd / 104 HP
Naive Nature
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Taunt
- Volt Switch
I love this set because it's got a lot of utility, being a wallbreaker, utility check and momentum builder all in one. The Atk EVs are needed to 2HKO Florges after SR, but honestly without Life Orb its power is underwhelming and there's no point running LO if you're just gonna switch into Knock Off anyway. For this reason I picked Lefties + some HP investment which does cool stuff like avoid the OHKO from Low Kick LO Bisharp (I've yet to run into it though thankfully).
It can form a very nice core with Latias, with which it has a lot of synergy, and I love the backbone it gives to my offensive team.

I like Cobalion, but I alwase found it underwhelming as a Pokemon. First you have the option of running a Stealth Rock set, but wait, Gligar has beter Defenses with Eviolite, and access to U-Turn (Which ground is not immune to). Also with the abundance of Fire and Fighting types there are in the tier, many offensive threats would love to rock Cobalion's boat. But there is some pluses to running a defensive Cobalion. For one, its high speed and access to Taunt make it a pretty good lead if running Stealth Rocks. Also Close Combat definitely will do damage to some of UU newer installments, namely Jolteon, Hydregon, and Magnezone and as you said, it does have defenses that are above the norm. I think it a niche pokemon, with potential, but its not something that I would consider suitable for dealing with the likes of Choice Band Crawdaunt, Eviolite Tangrowth, and the many other Fire/Fighting types that get U-Turn to troll your Defensive Core.

On the Chansey debate, I agree completely with SmashBrosBrawl. Why would Chansey ever be out on common Knock Off users, such as Bisharp, Crawdaunt, and Deoyxs-D?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)