Until the day I die

Yeah. This is a new team I made. Looks good on paper but really fails in practice. Or it could be just the way I play with this team. Anyway, here it is

Flame on (Typhlosion) (M) @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Blaze
EVs: 144 Atk/136 Spd/230 SAtk
Mild nature (+SAtk, -Def)
- Eruption
- Flamethrower
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Scarfphlosion. This spread was given to me by a friend of mine from Youtube called Yellow Shark 1130. HP Ice is to deal with Dragons and Focus Punch is to deal with Blissey and Heatran switchins. The weakest link on my team so far as it gets easily countered early on by Heatran and Bulky waters. Works as a decent late game cleaner but SR wrecks that plan. A real shame, I always wanted to try one of these.

---
Listen (Celebi) @ Leftovers

Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP/154 Def/104 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Grass Knot
- Thunder Wave
- Leech Seed
- Recover

Pretty strandard Celebi. T Wave stuff on the switch and Leech seed helps with Wall breaking.

---

Bronzong @ Leftovers

Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/154 Atk/8 Def/96 SDef
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Hypnosis

Prett strandard here aswell. Covers a fair few weaknesses and acts as a physical wall.

---

Mr T (Machamp) (M) @ Leftovers

Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/6 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dynamicpunch
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- SE

SleepTalk Champ. Dynamic Punch + No Guard rocks my socks. SE to deal with Gyrados and Flyers.

---

Leviathan (Gyarados) (F) @ Leftovers

Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 82 HP/252 Atk/176 Spd
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

Pretty Strandard offensive Gyarados. SE for Other Gyradoses. Leftovers to give it more durability.

---
Flygon (M) @ Life Orb

EVs: /252 Atk//216 Spd/ 40 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Roost

Flygon is used for his resistances. Dragon Claw + EQ give good coverage. Fire Blast is to hit Phys walls who think they can wall me.---

Thanks in advance for all rates, tips and advice.

resttalk machamp might want guts to take advantage of that sleep and possibly close combat or cross chop over dynamicpunch.

edit: I just noticed that your only potent source of special attack is a scarfer. perhaps changing flygon to something like specs or mixmence?

resttalk machamp might want guts to take advantage of that sleep and possibly close combat or cross chop over dynamicpunch.

edit: I just noticed that your only potent source of special attack is a scarfer. perhaps changing flygon to something like specs or mixmence?
Changing Flygon to a Specs Variant makes it an inferior Specmence TBH. I'll think about the champ comment. Thanks for the rate though.:toast:

Changing Flygon to a Specs Variant makes it an inferior Specmence TBH. I'll think about the champ comment. Thanks for the rate though.:toast:
If you'll notice I suggested replacing flygon altogether with salamence. flygon's offensive capabilities just never seemed to cut it for me...

If you'll notice I suggested replacing flygon altogether with salamence. flygon's offensive capabilities just never seemed to cut it for me...
But Mence gives me three SR weaks which blows. Also Flygon is used for his resistances and to cover weaknesses.

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
how does tpunch help with the bulky waters when it hits for as much power as dpunch (also without the confusion). run stone edge or ice punch

junior

jet fuel can't melt steel beams
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Yeah. This is a new team I made. Looks good on paper but really fails in practice. Or it could be just the way I play with this team. Anyway, here it is

Flame on (Typhlosion) (M) @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Blaze
EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Eruption
- Flamethrower
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

I don't think outspeeding Modest ScarfGar is a good thing anymore. TimidScarfGars are WAY common now and so I suggest Modest for its nature to hit more pokemons harder.

---
Listen (Celebi) @ Leftovers

Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP/154 Def/104 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Grass Knot
- Thunder Wave
- Leech Seed
- Recover

240 HP please. I don't think its necessary for the extra 3 HP for 404 HP. Surviving 5 Seismic Toss is cool enough. Its better to only use a 252 variant when using Substitute IMO.

Seems fine otherwise.

---

Bronzong @ Leftovers

EVs: 252 HP/154 Atk/8 Def/96 SDef
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Hypnosis

Explosion for last resort please. I would take out Earthquake for it. I don't think you should use that many atk EVs, despite it being standard. IMO, its better to be more bulky so it can take hits better. It already is at a disadvantage with no reliable recovery move.

---

Mr T (Machamp) (M) @ Leftovers

Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/6 SAtk
- Dynamicpunch
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Thunderpunch

Stone Edge hits general Flyers harder like Salamence. Go with it. The only thing that Thunderpunch would do more than Dynamic Punch is against Gyarados.

Dynamicpunch = 100. With STAB, it becomes a base 150 attack.
Thunderpunch = 75. With x2 SE, it becomes a base 150.

What I'm saying is that Thunderpunch for Bulky Waters is a waste.
You might say
'but it does more than Stone Edge to Gyara

Stone Edge = 100. With x2 SE, it becomes base 200.
Thunderpunch = 75. With x4 SE, it becomes base 300.'

BUT! Gyara isn't the only threat. Think of flyers in general.

Stone Edge = base 200 move with x2 SE.
Thunderpunch = base 150 move with x2 SE.

Which move do you want now?

---

Leviathan (Gyarados) (F) @ Leftovers

Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 82 HP/252 Atk/176 Spd
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

Drop EQ for Taunt otherwise many walls will just phaze your hard work to set up.

---
Flygon (M) @ Life Orb

EVs: 34 HP/252 Atk/8 Def/216 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Roost

Nah, needs more MixGon. It works a hell of a lot better. Seeing how Flygon are commonly seem scarf or band (out of my long experience of BL battling), having Fire Blast in there should help greatly.

Are there any particular reason why you're running 32 HP and 8 Def EVs? If not, just slam them all to SAtk and change nature to Hasty or Naive.

Ditch U-Turn for Fire Blast.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Not to forget that Dynamicpunch will still confuse a Gyarados, which will hesitate the opponent who would orginally go for the sweep. Also, if Stealth Rock is in play, then Thunderpunch is useless. So, I would remove Thunderpunch.

(I haven't looked into the team properly).

thyphlosion seems like a worse heatran to me and it cant explode on the bulky waters that stop gyara like heatran can

i dont see why you need flygon when you have 2 other pokes that resist rock/ground. i'd take it out for weavile/hera/ttar since bulky psychics wall your team

puggy! no oceanian love? :( why is flygon used over garchomp? roost isn't going to help you much imo because of all the ice around. u-turn is useful with gyara but his stats are just too low for my liking.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)