Other [UU Alpha] Bob the Slowbro ft. Watfor

Slowbro.

• Slowbro!

Votes: 15 55.6%
  • Slowbro?

Votes: 12 44.4%

• Total voters

Bob the Slowbro ft. Watfor
Hi it is Bob the Bro and Watfor!!! We made a team together and it has been doing excellently so we decided to make an RMT about it. Enjoy!!! n,n

Peak

The Team & Teambuilding Process

Slowbro
Slowbro-Mega @ Slowbronite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rest
- Calm Mind
- Iron Defense
- Scald

Mega Slowbro is the star of this team because we realize that it is nigh impossible to beat once it sets up. Also acts nicely as a pivot thanks to its juicy defense stat and access to Regenerator prior to mega evolution. We went with the mono-attacking Dual Dance set because we have Weavile and Decidueye to trap/lure most Slowbro answers and the defense boosts help it 1v1 the dragons in this tier.

Weavile
Weavile @ Choice Band

Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit

Almost every SM UU Alpha team has a Weavile and it is easy to see why. Its speed, power and STABs gives the team a check to a myriad of threats in the metagame. It also has amazing synergy with Slowbro since it traps most special attackers that beat Slowbro 1v1. These include the likes of both forms of Thundurus, Gengar, Alakazam, Starmie, Latias and Mew+Celebi to a lesser extent. Slowbro acts as a switch in for the fighting types that Weavile invites in.

Whilst we do acknowledge the extra versatility of Life Orb, we believe that Choice Band is genuinely more beneficial to the team. Eliminating the special attackers as mentioned above is absolutely necessary in order for Slowbro to sweep. Choice Band Pursuit kills Gengar regardless and kills both Starmie and Latias after two switch-ins to rocks. Having Weavile live more rocks switch-ins is also nice.

Volcarona
Volcarona @ Leftovers

Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Quiver Dance
- Roost
- Fiery Dance
- Giga Drain

Volcarona is added because at this point our team is pretty weak to Scizor and Jirachi, and defensive QD Volcarona is one of the best answers to them at the moment thanks to Flame Body deterring them from spamming U-turn. Giga Drain is our coverage of choice because it beats down opposing water types that might give Slowbro trouble.

This set is a monster against offense and balanced team. Its bulk allows it to comfortably set up on prominent physical attackers such as Mamoswine, Weavile and Krookodile. Overall a pretty simple and self-explanatory Pokemon that sometimes just wins games on its own.

Decidueye
Decidueye @ Decidium Z

Ability: Overgrow
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Spirit Shackle
- Sucker Punch

The addition of Decidueye is a stroke of genius by our resident ladder hero Bob the Bro. By using Spirit Shackle and the Z-move, Decidueye can lure in (and sometimes, trap) a couple of unsuspecting Grass types that can give Slowbro trouble. Sucker Punch is addition priority and priority is always welcome on offensive teams.

I initially used this set in OU at the beginning of the gen shift, albeit without much success. However, Grass/Ghost stab in UU is no joke. Stall teams have very limited options when dealing with this outside of random stuff like Alolan-Muk or Arcanine. We chose to run Jolly since it can outspeed neutral base 80s.

Krookodile
Krookodile @ Rocky Helmet

Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

Krookodile is one of the most reliable rockers in the tier even with all the new drops. With a decent speed and Taunt in its arsenal, it is able to shut down a lot of rockers and defoggers. The rest of its moves and EVs are self explanatory.

Having at least one ground types in any team is extremely helpful to help block Volt Switch and forces Electric types in a predicament between clicking their STAB which lets Krookodile switch in and get rocks up or choosing a coverage that could let either Slowbro or Volcarona setup. Rocky Helmet also chips physical attackers that Krookodile is supposed to check.

Scizor
Scizor @ Leftovers

Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch

With a Volcarona on the team it is pretty much necessitated to run a hazards remover. Scizor was our choice of defogger because of its plethora of resistances and slow U-turn for bringing in its teammates safely.

This was initially a fast Tentacruel as I do prefer Spin over Defog. However, I found out the hard way that this team was stupidly weak to Mega Sharpedo. I first experimented with Cobalion over Krookodile, but the Ground typing was too precious to the team. This is why I chose to have a defensive Scizor. Max defense means it can tank two Crunches from Sharpedo and proceed to roost it off. Bug/Steel is also an incredible defensive typing, allowing it to take on a myriad of threats currently in the tier such as Kyurem B and Mega Aerodactyl.

Note: The speed EVs on Slowbro, Volcarona and Scizor are different to what I personally have on my team because I don't want to disclose my speedcreeps.

Threats
No team is perfect, and this is no exception. Especially with the current state of the meta, it's just not possible to have switch-ins for everything.
Charizard - Rocks.
Volcarona - Play very carefully with scizor; always double and click only U-Turn.
Hydreigon - Very uncommon in UU Alpha, make sure to scout.
Rain - Rain is broken.

Mahmudkipz for building most of this team with me and helping me with this post
Aquadext for feeding me ez wins
Shiba for being my slave
LLH and eht for the emotional support
GrilledClawitzer for being the Dhelmise adversary
Lixx for being homo
dodmen for no reason
more to come when I remember

Last edited:
Very good team. Make sure you have a way of dealing with water absorb/dry skin for slowbro (he can't touch them). For rain, could hippowdon work (it's legal now) as a stealth rocker? Hippowdon cancels out the rain. I'll go test this out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)