UU RMT - Saltwater Room (Minions Style)

SlottedPig

sem feio
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Introduction:

Warning: This is a big block of text, and Bob the Builder didn't make it! -Gasp!-

As usual, if you are impatient, skip this.

After questing in OU the two glorious years I've had Shoddy Battle, I decided to go where I never before ventured: UU. I made an RMT but not many people commented on it, so I let it die.

After making drastic changes to the team, I decided to give it a new name altogether: The Saltwater Room (Minions Style). It focused on the Pokemon that I guessed were most likely to get the banhammer (from UU), and a few pokemon that had excellent synergy with them.

This is that team.

After 2 days I had excellent avail with it, but today (mainly hax but also) better players have knocked me down 50 rating points.

This is where you come in, Smogon!

As a side note, I play Minions when I'm agitated (by amazing hax rates) / bored of Shoddy Battle. This is what my name, and avatar, are based on. I am not RainbowPwnie / test on Shoddy Battle, but I 'borrowed' the idea. Thanks, RainbowPwnie :). The name of my Pokemon are after Minions they are most like.

Changes are indicated like this.

_______

Team Saltwater Room
_______

Team Saltwater Room was a team inspired by the Grass / Water / Fire core: it is simply amazing. As my Fire Type is not weak to Stealth Rock, they can easily take full advantage of free switchins.

This team also plays under Item Clause (when not on Ladder, of course). As implied before, I play Shoddy Battle.

Saltwater Room is based on the Owl City song, Saltwater Room. I felt this was fitting as my favorite UU is a Water-Type, which relates to ocean, which has Saltwater in it. Not to mention it is a kickass song.

I think I've babbled enough: Without further adieu, let's meet Saltwater Room (up close and personal!):

_____

In-Depth Look
_____

Doc the Mesprit @ Lum Berry
~Ice Beam
~Psychic
~U-Turn
~Stealth Rock
Modest Nature (+SpA, -Atk)
EVs: 252 HP / 68 SpA / 188 Spe
Ability: Levitate
IVs: 2 Atk

Mesprit kicks off my team well, giving me a reliable source of Stealth Rock while ensuring it stays on the field using STAB to scare away the most popular Spinner, Hitmontop. Uxie can run a very similar set, but I'll get into that later.

Mesprit's moveset is rather simple. Stealth Rock is practically needed in UU, with Moltres and Charizard littered everywhere - and the ability to get a free switch-in when an enemy uses Rapid Spin. Trick and U-Turn provides the combo that made TrickScarfing famous: it can scout switches and cripple bulky Stealth Rock leads. Psychic gives Mesprit a form of attack, and is used over Zen Headbutt (although the flinching and full-power U-Turn is nice) to combat Hitmontop better; Rapid Spin Hitmontop typically carries Intimidate. Ice Beam is used to damage Stalltaria, who, if you read more, carries a large walling threat to my team. Lum Berry helps to fake a Choice Scarf against Fake Out 'Tops and U-Turn against the likely Scarfed switch-in, and give Mesprit a chance to take Roserade's Sleep Powder and break it's Sash with U-Turn (Stealth Rock is not a main priority).

Mesprit has several key advantages over Uxie. Uxie can run the exact same set, with a better amount of bulk and speed to boot. Mesprit has a key advantage, and that's her Special Attack. Uxie has base 75 Attack and Mesprit has 105. This makes Mesprit's Psychic and U-Turn more powerful. Although U-Turn is not meant to attack, Mesprit's common switch-ins - like Absol and Umbreon - will lose a chunk of health upon switching in. It also makes Mesprit an effective anti-lead. Mesprit also gets access to Ice Beam, giving it a fantastic move to maim Altaria with. Even if Uxie had it, it would not KO with those sadistic offenses.

Roserade and Venomoth are common Toxic Spikes leads. Although Roserade often carries Focus Sash, effectively making both Mesprit and Uxie 2HKO, Venomoth sometimes carries Occa Berry or Lum Berry. Mesprit can OHKO, whereas Uxie cannot.

Mesprit v. min / min Venomoth (Psychic): 100%
Uxie v. min / min Venomoth (Zen Headbutt): 73.31% - 87.54%

Uxie can never KO Venomoth without using EVs or a positive nature, reducing the amount of bulk and speed that makes Uxie 'superior' to Mesprit as a lead. Obviously, using Psychic just lowers the power of U-Turn and forces Uxie to sacrifice more EVs, as Venomoth has higher base SpD than Defense (or nessesscitate a Poison-Type teammate). Additionally, Mesprit doesn't have a bigass head.

Mesprit's EVs are rather simple. 252 HP EVs maximizes overall durability using 252 EVs, which is all I could afford. 188 Speed EVs outspeeds 184 Mixed Blaziken. SpA EVs were used to soup up Psychic a bit, and Modest Nature was to grant the highest possible total stats (to be honest Mesprit cares more about HP than Def / SpD).

Mesprit is named after Doc. Although Doc is known for healing it's teammates, which Mesprit cannot do without Wish (pretty please, Gamefreak?), Doc has other traits that make him known. The most important of these scouting with an ability, "Far Sight." Mesprit doesn't scout with Far Sight, but rather with U-Turn: still, the resemblance is uncanny.

_____

Basher the (M) Blaziken @ Life Orb
~Fire Blast
~Hidden Power [Grass]
~Superpower
~Vacuum Wave
Mild Nature (+SpA, -SpD)
EVs: 236 Atk / 252 SpA / 20 Spe
Ability: Blaze

Blaziken is the Pokemon on my team that will take any revenge-kill if the enemy is slower. Blaziken packs incredible firepower, able to 2HKO just about any Pokemon in the UU metagame, and easily the best user of Life Orb (bar maybe Scyther) in said metagame.

Blaziken uses the moveset that of a Mixed Attacker. Fire Blast is Blaziken's typical STAB, and as Blaziken is not a sweeper, but a mixed wall-breaker, reliability is not it's main concern, but power. Hidden Power [Grass] creams Water-Types, specifically Kabutops (and honestly, most just use Swords Dance, expecting a switch). Superpower is like mortar on a chicken: it is, hands-down, Blaziken's strongest attack and possibly the strongest attack any UU Fighter has to offer, perhaps maybe Medicham. Vacuum Wave provides valuable priority with an excellent type, picking off rampaging Tauros or Kangaskhan with ease.

There's one thing I can say about Blaziken, and that's risk. If Blaziken uses the wrong move, it could give a very powerful attacker an easy switch-in or just plainly be outstalled by Stealth Rock, Life Orb and a possible Weather. Although Blaziken can easily take advantage of Life Orb recoil to unleash powerful Blaze Fire Blasts late-game, when Stealth Rock and Weather pile up on it Blaziken only has, at maximum, 2 turns to unleash Blaze. However, if Blaziken uses the right move it is 2HKOing any Pokemon. Bulky Waters are not a problem, as the Fire Blast + HP [Grass] combination beats Slowbro and HP [Grass] + Superpower is Blaziken's trump card against Milotic. Add on top something that can use a powerful priority, and this is easily one of the toptier UUs.

Blaziken's EVs are simple and effective. 20 Speed EVs outspeeds 16 Speed EV Blaziken and 4 Speed EV Milotic. Mild nature and 252 EVs maximizes Blaziken's Special Attack, giving it an incredibly powerful Fire Blast. The rest is dumped into Attack, making Blaziken's Superpower much more powerful and all that much more likely to KO members, one by one, of a stall team.

Blaziken is the Basher of the team. Basher offers the highest DPS of any Minion, which is exactly what Blaziken does: give raw power to muscle through even Registeel with it's excellent offensive typing. Basher has an "Armor-Piercing" skill which really defines Blaziken's job, Wall-breaking. Basher also has a powerful skill, "Overload," to boost it's attack speed, which is kind of like Vacuum Wave. Also Basher looks good in red.

_____

Dash the (F) Venusaur @ Salac Berry
~Earthquake
~Seed Bomb
~Substitute
~Swords Dance
Adamant Nature (+Spe, -SpA)
EVs: 12 HP / 244 Atk / 252 Spe
Ability: Overgrow

Was Venusaur's face always this ugly? Shame it's a girl.

Venusaur forms the heart of my attack force, toppling a large portion of UU once Venusaur has fully set up. Venusaur is the true opportunitist of my team; if an enemy only has a Grass attack as an attacking move, such as Meganium, or is Choiced into a Grass attack (not Scarf), such as Leafeon or Execgutor, Venusaur comes in.

Venusaur has a unique Overgrow moveset that performs incredibly similarly to "A
gility SubPetaya" Empguin in OU. Venusaur finds prey, sets up a Substitute, and then pwns from there. If the opponent is faster, Venusaur Substitutes down to Salac and Overgrow range, and sweeps from behind a Substitute or Swords Dances, and then sweeps. If the opponent is slower, Venusaur spams Substitute and grabs every chance to Swords Dance, then sweeps: Personally, I like +0 with Substitute more than +2 without. Earthquake smacks Fire and Steel types, types that very commonly switch into Venusaur, for an insane amount of damage.

Venusaur may be susceptible to Hail and Sandstorm, but not many people are willing to risk a whole Pokemon slot just to set it up, and Rain Dance is common in UU which makes it even less popular (as it is hard to repeatedly switch in Snover or Hippopotas against powerful Water sweepers). Venusaur also resists 3 of the 5 most common priority moves in UU, Aqua Jet, Mach Punch, and Vacuum Wave (the other two being Fake Out and Sucker Punch, the former of which Venusaur "resists" when Substitute is up).

Venusaur's EVs are a no-brainer. 12 HP EVs provides insurance against Aqua Jet, Mach Punch, and Vacuum Wave, leaving Venusaur with 25% after 3 Substitutes (rather than 1% after 4), which are taken from Atk (Venusaur is likely getting +4 ATK anyway). 252 Speed EVs are to maximize Venusaur's Speed, as Venusaur hates going last. Adamant Nature soups up the power of Venusaur's attacks even more.

(I am thinking of switching this to a Spikes Offensive Roserade. It's not on the analysis, so it would be hell fun to use. When most players see Spikes Roserade, they immediately switch to their Blazikens as it couldn't be harmed much, and Sleep Powder is out of the picture as it is illegal with Spikes. However, Roserade can 2HKO Blaziken with a powerful Life Orb Sludge Bomb / HP [Ground] and outspeed it as well. As Leaf Storm is unfortunately illegal with Spikes, I would have to resort to Energy Ball, but that isn't much of a downside. The real downside of using this over Venusaur would be the incredible drop in Defense, although as Venusaur really hates any kind of attack anyways (as it will only have 25% to work with) I figured that wasn't much of a bad point.)

Dash is, contrary to it's name, not very fast. However, Dash is very light and has wheels like that of a chair, so on the ice, Dash plays the game his way. Like Dash, Venusaur simply rules the game when all priority and Choice Scarf attackers are eliminated, with an average of +4 Attack, +1 Speed, and a wickedly overpowered STAB. Dash also has the unique ability "Frenzy," which quadruples his attack rate for a short amount of time. Unfortunately, Dash is very vulnerable when Frenzy, or his unique invisibility skill, Blur, are not active. Venusaur is very vulnerable with 25% and no Substitute.

_____

Stinger the Rotom @ Choice Specs
~Hidden Power [Ice]
~Thunderbolt
~Trick
~Will-O-Wisp
Modest Nature
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Def / 224 Spe
Ability: Levitate

Rotom serves as the physical buffer, and only true-blue Special Attacker, of the team. Rotom has access to two of the best crippling attacks in the game, and has the typing (and Speed) to use them.

Rotom has a custom 'Buffer' moveset, utilizing the two crippling moves that Rotom-Appliance (in OU) is known for. Will-O-Wisp screws over Absol and Drapion, common switch-ins to Rotom, and Trick provides further annoyance. Hidden Power [Ice] is a great move to maim Altaria (a Pokemon that Blaziken, Venusaur AND Azumarill just plain hate), who often doesn't expect it and easily gets OHKOd. Thunderbolt pairs nicely with Hidden Power [Ice] and zaps two pokemon who Rotom easily walls: Scyther and Swellow. Choice Specs gives Rotom some attacking power and an item to Trick.

Regular Rotom holds a special place in my heart (that Appliance would never have), and ends up on most of my UU teams. Ghost / Electric is a priceless offensive (and when paired with Levitate, Defensive) typing and the wide movepool of crippling moves (which further include Thunder Wave, Toxic, and Confuse Ray) is incredible. Rotom has the unique ability to cut Marowak's power into 1/8th, as well (Trick, Will-O-Wisp, and then Reflect).

This EV spread, I admit, is weird. 252 HP EVs maximizes Defensive capabilities, again, with only 252 HP EVs (considering the difference between Rotom's HP and Defenses) and 32 Defense EVs are slapped into Defense to further that, and provide bulk against enemies Rotom burns. 224 Speed EVs is just enough to outrun Jolly Absol, who Rotom can burn (and obviously Sucker Punch will fail). Modest Nature maximizes the stat total AND has a chance to 2HKO Altaria without Stealth Rock or Choice Specs (Tricked away): 0.72% chance, which Timid prohibits. (With Stealth Rock, both 2HKO w/ HP [Ice]).

This one was obvious. Stinger is THE support minion, able to Stun and Slow (both side-effects of paralysis, which is a side-effect of Thunderbolt, which Rotom uses). Stinger didn't have much horsepower, but it didn't need to, as it had a skill to boost attack rate and speed (Boost), much like Rotom invests heavily in Speed and uses Choice Specs to help out its mediocre base offense stats.

_____

Shouty the (M) Drapion @ Black Sludge
~Crunch
~Earthquake
~Pursuit
~Taunt
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SpA)
EVs: 76 HP / 84 Atk / 96 Spe / 252 SpD
Ability: Battle Armor

I think that you simply cannot use Rotom to it's full potential without Drapion. Drapion not only resists all of Rotom's weaknesses (and vice-versa), Drapion has an excellent defensive typing to halt UU Special Sweepers, complimenting Rotom's ability to stop physicals cold.

This is a spin on the "Utility Special Defender" set. Crunch was an obvious choice for STAB (and great type coverage), considering the only other attack candidate was Poison Jab (or Night Slash, whose side effect is not as helpful as Crunch's against walls). Taunt was practically forced, as my team has no other means of defense against Baton Pass / stat-ups (and I prefer Taunt over Roar / Whirlwind as the latter does nothing against last Pokemon), and then I chose Earthquake to compliment Crunch - while it didn't do much against the two only used UU Steels, Registeel and Steelix, neither has recovery and it at least dents them, while giving a great option to maim Blaziken with. Pursuit is the real spin on this set, smacking Espeon and Mismagius when they flee (although admittedly it is a free switch-in).

As noted, I believe Drapion is the best single partner for Rotom ever. Drapion's also one of the only UUs that can single-handedly deal with a +1 Mismagius, even without a Substitute (barring scarfers) with the Crunch / Pursuit combo. Drapion also has the ability Battle Armor, which helps circumvate the hax that is on Shoddy. Unfortunately, it's easily walled by Steels.

The EV spread on this Drapion is tailored to meet my needs. 84 Atk EVs ensures that an 80 BP STAB move will OHKO min / min Mismagius: Crunch if it stays in, Pursuit if it doesn't (although 48 HP EVs is the now-standard, many have used Substitute beforehand, and SR will make sure Mismagius is a truly dead Ghost). 96 Spe EVs and Jolly (which, as it is Drapion's highest non-Defense stat, again maximizes Stat total) outspeeds Adamant Hitmonlee. Interestingly enough, Adamant Hitmonlee with a Life Orb never OHKOs Drapion, even with Stealth Rock. At only -1, Hitmonlee loses an absolute minimum of 74% to Drapion's Earthquake, and an average of 80%. Factoring in Stealth Rock and Life Orb recoil, if Drapion rolls absolute average damage Hitmonlee only needs 5% of extra damage to be KOd. If Stealth Rock isn't up, and Hitmonlee realizes this, Hitmonlee is 2HKOd by the combination of (-1) Earthquake and Pursuit (if both roll average damage), even without Life Orb or Stealth Rock damage. 252 SpD gives Drapion a great amount of bulk on the special side (important, as he's my only real check to +1 Mismagius), and the leftovers are put into HP for obvious reasons.

I think Drapion was the hardest to name for me. However, I soon came to a conclusion. Drapion is Shouty, one of the hardest to play Minions (Drapion needs good prediction to work effectively, 2 +1 Thunderbolts does massive damage to Drapion from Mismagius if Drapion uses Pursuit as it stays in.). Shouty has the amazing skill Missile, which hones in on targets, dealing damage even if they flee (much like Pursuit). Shouty also needs much support to work at it's best, like Drapion needs teammates that enjoy Mismagius fainted to work at it's best.

_____

Cutter the (F) Azumarill @ Leftovers
~Aqua Jet
~Focus Punch
~Substitute
~Ice Punch
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Atk / 36 Def / 8 Spe
Ability: Huge Power

The star of the show is Azumarill. Azumarill is quite amazing in UU, much like a Breloom in OU. In fact, Breloom can run the exact same set (although with 12% recovery instead of 6%) with Mach Punch over Aqua Jet and Seed Bomb over Waterfall.

Azumarill utilizes a SubPunch set to deal massive damage and equip good coverage. Water and Fighting has about as good of coverage as Water / Normal (although now it is walled by Mantine). Focus Punch seriously harms most of Azumarill's switch-ins: Feraligatr is 2HKOd. If Azumarill uses Substitute on the switch-in, it can then use Focus Punch to lower it's HP drastically while it's Sub breaks. As Feraligatr uses Earthquake on an unprotected Azumarill, Azumarill goes last and uses Substitute again to protect itself, then KO with Focus Punch. Aqua Jet is like Azumarill's signature move, surpassing Azumarill's terrible speed and putting his fantastic Attack to good use. Ice Punch seriously harms the only (common) resistance to Water and Fighting in UU, Altaria.

Azumarill was the only Pokemon I knew I wanted when making this team, and it hasn't failed me, getting at least two kilsl nearly every match. Azumarill wields a powerful Attack and high base-power moves along with Aqua Jet, the UU equivalent of Breloom (although Sing really is a poor man's Spore).

Azumarill's EV spread is the standard with a bit of tweaking. 252 HP EVs forges 101 HP Subs, which is a great go-along with 8 Speed EVs to outspeed 4 Speed Chansey (outspeeds Regi's and other Chansey). 212 Atk EVs and Adamant nature is the standard and gives a great amount of waterpower (puns >_<), whereas the leftovers are stashed into Defense to take DDTaria's Outrage better.

Azumarill is named "Cutter" mainly because of one thing: Cutter is the Minion most people call broken. The only other real similarity is that Cutter has the skill Nitro, upgrading it to insane speeds, much like Aqua Jet, and it has decent DPS (like Azumarill's Attack, which isn't nearly it's full potential thanks to not-Max ATK + no LO / CB.

_____
Final Glance:

Hate / Rate / Steal!

Team Building Section:

The team all started with a few spectated UU Shoddy matches after quitting OU. Most UUs were really iffy to use on a team, but one pokemon shone: Azumarill.

Azumarill is the most powerful raw physical attacker in UU, barring Medicham and Rampardos. Azumarill is the bulkiest of the both of them, and Aqua Jet priority. Although Azumarill has excellent type coverage with it's STAB alone, Medicham and Rampardos both do as well. I decided to use the bulk and priority to my advantage, crafting a SubPunch set.

I also had used Azumarill my share of times in OU, and this SubPuncher was an excellent counter to Blissey. It could setup Substitute in it's face and get a free turn to attack, and with Attack over 400 that would never be good for my opponent!

And so the team looked like this:

After about 5 minutes of converse between my friend and I, I figured Azumarill should have a partner that can eliminate it's only real counter, which was Slowbro by type, bulk, and threat of Grass Knot or Calm Mind. After reading a few UU analysis, I figured a Mixed Blaziken could lure and smack Slowbro into a 2HKO with the combination of Fire Blast and Hidden Power [Grass]. Unfortunately, doing so would require a lot of Special Attack EVs. I just figured I could make it a pure wall-breaker, Speed as a small priority, and just dumped most EVs into his attack stats.

Additionally, after a little bit of playtesting, Azumarill usually manages ~60% to Milotic with Focus Punch, and with Milotic out of the picture, Blaziken would have a far easier time just spamming Fire Blast instead of being forced to use Superpower.

And so the team looked like this:

I also realized the Fire / Grass / Water core was incredibly popular in UU, and for good reason. I decided as I already had 2 parts, I'd add in another.

I remembered all the times Agility SubPetaya Empoleon swept against both me and other players. I decided my Grass-Type could be something of the sort, so I looked up all starter Grass Types (Overgrow). Sceptile and Torterra seemed both very viable, as they both had Swords Dance and a +2 Speed move (Agility / Rock Polish). My mate tested both Sceptile and Torterra and said, "Sceptile is too frail to priority, and Torterra is too slow. If Torterra uses Rock Polish, it's too weak." So I rechecked, and found out Venusaur had Swords Dance, and a good mix of bulk and speed.

I had my Fire / Grass / Water core now. The team looked like this:

With half the team done, I lurked more. I understood bulky Rotom was amazing, capable of shutting down UU's top threats: Absol, Scyther, and Swellow easily, as well as giving a go-to for Fighting attacks (seeing as a fast Fighter would wreck my partial-team as Venusaur doesn't like coming out early game).

I lurked around in the Smogon forums and found out that Trick was also popular on Rotom, so I gave it a Choice Specs to beef up it's power against an unsuspecting opponent and slapped Trick on it. After using Rotom-Appliance a fair share of times in OU, I knew it's dual STAB was only resisted by Magnezone and Steelix. In UU, that's Magneton and Steelix, one of which is crippled by Will-O-Wisp. So I gave it Shadow Ball / Thunderbolt, then I figured I was weak to Altaria so threw HP [Ice] into the mix, removing Shadow Ball as Mismagius, the only real target of it, would never dare switching in directly (barring a free switch), and because BoltBeam was about as good (Boltbeam is actually worse; Lanturn, Magneton and Shedinja now resist it).

Now with my core and buffer in the party, the team looked like this:

After a ton of research on Rotom's unique type combo, I found two Pokemon that worked well with it: Drapion and Registeel. Drapion took Ghost and Dark attacks, Rotom's weaknesses, like a champ, whereas Rotom loved getting in on Drapion's only bane, Ground attacks. Additionally, both had great types for a Special Wall, complimenting Rotom's burning ability. I chose Drapion mainly because he is THE Mismagius counter of the moment (with Crunch and Pursuit) as well as adding some backbone against Blaziken.

So with my core, buffer and buffer synergetic partner, the team looked like this:

I looked back at my team. I didn't have a single form of entry hazard, except Drapion's Toxic Spikes, which would suck on an offensive team like this. I also lacked my single favorite move in the game, U-Turn. After remembering the combo Jirachi made famous, I looked up all UUs who had the Stealth Rock - U-Turn combination:

Mesprit / Uxie.

I chose Mesprit after figuring out Uxie was cliche (and comparing their stats, and as Mesprit had higher Attack / Special Attack, it fit better in my team), and then I had my team, full-force!

------

TEAM SYNERGY

This is a big point in team-building; synergy. Synergy is teamwork; but it's not just resisting each other's weaknesses. It is utilizing those free turns to smash through the only thing holding your opponent from loss, and this team has excellent Synergy!

Offensive Synergy

Who helps who in sweeping?

This is the cornerstone of my team.

Azumarill's Part for Blaziken:

Azumarill easily smashes through Milotic, who cannot destroy Azumarill's Substitute outside of Hidden Power and who takes more damage from Focus Punch than they can recover. Milotic is one of Blaziken's biggest threats, as if it gets in safely, it can most certainly defeat Blaziken. With Milotic out of the way, Blaziken can more easily use Fire Blast.

Blaziken's Part for Azumarill:

Slowbro is quite certainly the best counter to my Azumarill. Blaziken, however, can beat it. If I predict correctly, it is fainting to a double dose of Hidden Power [Grass]. Most Pokemon who resist Grass are weak to either Fire or Fighting, so there's absolutely no free switch-in. When the turtle faints, Azumarill can sweep with far more ease.

---

A combination included in my team by chance, however, after an opponent who had much sportsmanship noted it out, I was sure to abuse it.

Venusaur's Part for Rotom:

There are few Pokemon in UU that resist BoltBeam, which Rotom uses as an offensive duo. Magneton, Shedinja and Lanturn are the only ones, however, Venusaur can destroy them all. Venusaur disposes of Magneton with Earthquake and Lanturn with souped-up Seed Bombs. Although Venusaur can do nothing against Shedinja, what's the point? Rotom handily takes care of Shedinja with a well-timed burn, and Shedinja certainly isn't the trainer's first choice to send into a Ghost pokemon!

Rotom's Part for Venusaur:

The straight-up answer is Trick and Will-O-Wisp, fantastic support options. For one, Trick can lock opponents into a Grass move, giving a grand opportunity to set-up with Venusaur. Will-O-Wisp gives the effect of 2 Intimidates, however the opponent is being sapped of 12% each turn. With Will-O-Wisp, Venusaur could prevent the magical 25% to break a Substitute and setup Swords Dances to it's heart's content.

---

Defensive Synergy

Who resists who's weaknesses, and who covers each other's threats?

When I c
reated my core, I knew I wanted Bulky Rotom on my team as it was both bulky and a fantastic support unit. Drapion sprang to mind, as they resist each other's weaknesses perfectly.

Rotom's Part for Drapion:

Rotom covers physical attackers well, as no physical attacker wants to be burned or tricked a Choice Scarf. Drapion is a terrible Physical defender without any Defense EVs and a weakness to the incredibly common Earthquake. Rotom happily switches into any Earthquake.

Rotom also lures in Mismagius, who Drapion takes on any day.

Drapion's Part for Rotom:

Mismagius is a hot choice to revenge-kill Rotom, and for good reason. This is where Drapion comes into play. Not even including Black Sludge, it takes around 30% from +1 Shadow Ball and can easily KO - this means Drapion can even beat Mismagius with a Substitute up. Drapion also excellently counters Psychic Types, which Rotom actually helps when it Tricks them a Choice Specs (barring the uncommon Medicham).

THREAT LIST

Threat List

My team covers most, if not all, threats, with little to no problem: and you'll see that in this organized list.

(Otherwise: LOL! Does this team even NEED a threat list?)
Not a problem
Minor threat
Major threat

(again, I love the Fire / Water / Grass core.)

(I am not listing the NU's, because they are NU for a reason. Walrein and Cacturne get notable mentions, however, as they are deadly in certain conditions.)

*I've got 10 Major Threats, so for those of you saying this is a perfect team, wrong. It is really close, though.*

Offensive Threats
Absol
- Normally switches in on Rotom or a weakened teammate. If it's a weakened teammate, I sac it and switch in Rotom (unless it didn't have Life Orb recoil, then it's Scarfed and I switch in Blaziken if it used Night Slash and Mesprit if it used Psycho Cut. Superpower / U-Turn). Rotom is EVd to outspeed Jolly Absol and cripple it with W-o-W or Trick (in that order).

Altaria
- Azumarill takes +1 DD LO Outrage and OHKOs. Mesprit is in a similar boat, although early damage does not mean anything good.

Ambipom
- Lol. Rotom. Rotom can take a 75 2x BP Payback and cripple it.

Arcanine
- If it's a lead, as most are, I'll spam Psychic (Stealth Rock is not a priority, early kills are). It can only 2HKO with Flare Blitz, and using Toxic is a waste of turns. Psychic and 2 turns of Flare Blitz recoil puts it under 50%. Choice Banders meet Azumarill, and Specs / Scarf = lol.

Azumarill - If it gets a Substitute, I'm screwed. Generally I sac whoever's in. Mesprit U-Turns to Azumarill, however. Smart players try to get up Sub against Blaziken, and Superpower + Vacuum Wave KOs.

Blaziken - Mesprit outspeeds and KOs, while taking Life Orb Fire Blast with a bit of HP to spare. Azumarill can revenge-kill. Drapion can outspeed non-max Speed / scarf versions and smack it with a powerful Earthquake. If it is scarfed, I use smart prediction and Mesprit's U-Turn to wear it down.

Cacturne - If it switches in on Mesprit's U-Turn, and Sand Veil doesn't save it, I can say good-bye to the biggest sandstorm threat in UU. Can't switch in safely to any other Pokemon either.

Charizard - Honestly, what is this thing getting Sub up on? Everyone can break this guy's Sub, even Rotom's Choice Specs Hidden Power, except Venusaur. If it gets in on Venusaur I get it to 25% using Mesprit (Mesprit is my weak link) and then smack it with Azumarill's Aqua Jet. If I get up SR and Rotom stays around to block it, lol. If it's Specsed, it has to switch alot and die in 3 switch-ins without my help.

Drapion - One of the harder guys to handle if it's a Swords Dancer, but thankfully it's quite rare. Venusaur can actually handle a +2 Non-crit Night Slash and take the time to Swords Dance and unleash a powerful Earthquake. A beating from Stealth Rock and Mesprit's U-Turn puts it in KO range for Azumarill's Ice Punch + Ice Punch + Aqua Jet combo.

Dugtrio
- You never know when this thing is coming, but both Drapion and Blaziken, my only ground weaks, can retaliate. Drapion can revenge it with Pursuit and Blaziken can hit it hard with Vacuum Wave.

Electrode - U-Turn to Azumarill as it Taunts. Thunder is incredibly unreliable, so it probably will use Rain Dance and give Azumarill a free Sub and an Aqua Jet as powerful as Ambi's Fake Out to work with.

Espeon - Drapion and Mesprit work around her; Azumarill can slug it with 2 Aqua Jets while avoiding certain death from SpecsPsychic.

Feraligatr - This thing can ONLY come in "safely" against Azumarill. Focus Punch 2HKOs, Substitute first thing and use Focus Punch. Then use Substitute again and finish him. +0 Earthquake does about 40% on Azumarill.

Hitmonlee / Hitmonchan / Primeape
- Lumped together as the "offensive Fighters of UU," these guys are all handled handily (bar Primeape) by Rotom. Drapion outspeeds Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan (although Hitmonlee must be Adamant) and do over 50% to them with a single Earthquake. -1 Def Hitmonlee takes a huge 75% minimum from Earthquake.

Houndoom - As it's dangerous, I'll sac something. Everything on my team has a super-effective move on it, other than Rotom. With no time to Nasty Plot (barring taking over 50%) it isn't much of a threat.

Kabutops
- Think this guy can force Blaziken out with a possible revenge kill? Think again. Stay in and Hidden Power [Grass] this guy to hell (it's worked all ~20 times for me). If that doesn't work, use Drapion's Earthquake. It takes +2 Aqua Jet with ease... although +2 Waterfall in the rain could present a problem.

Ludicolo - Stall it out of Rain by sacrificing Mesprit and Drapion, both of who aren't so great against Rain teams. If this guy thinks he can force Blaziken out and set up Rain Dance, it is going to take the Superpower + Vacuum Wave combo.

Magmortar - Azumarill can easily OHKO this guy, so why not setup a Sub? It's getting no free switches anytime soon as even Mesprit's Psychic, the weakest and only STAB (besides Venusaur but that has Earthquake) on my team that won't OHKO, (+ Stealth Rock) does sizable damage on it.

Milotic - Venusaur takes a LO Ice Beam and sets up. Bulkier versions can actually be beat with Azumarill's Focus Punch, unless they have Hidden Power [Grass]/[Electric].

Mismagius - Drapion is freakin' tailored to beat this thing. Taking 30% on average from a +1 Shadow Ball is not an easy feat, and Crunch and Pursuit (both doing 100% if it catches it in the right situation) make sure that feat isn't wasted. Azumarill can take a +1 Shadow Ball and 2HKO with Aqua Jet.

Moltres
- Repeatedly hit it with Stealth Rock. Blaziken's Superpower + Vacuum Wave KOs if SR has been setup. Drapion can take anything Moltres throws at it and finish it off.

Nidoking - Rotom, need I say more? Nidoking only threatens Rotom with Sucker Punch, and Rotom can Burn and Trick it.

Omastar
- Who uses this anymore? Unlike Kabutops this can never OHKO Venusaur unless it gets +1 from Ancientpower, so Venusaur can deliver a KO. Rotom can take a LO Surf (not in the rain) and OHKO.

Porygon2
- Blaziken outspeeds and KOs. This guy threatens the other members of my core, however. It can be beat 1-on-1 with Rotom (as long as Drapion has Taunted it beforehand).

Roserade - Mesprit takes a Sleep and breaks it's Sash with U-Turn if it's a lead, and Drapion then finishes it. If it's the LO assort, Drapion easily handles it if Sleep Clause is activated. (Switch in on Leaf Storm, take ~40% damage, Pursuit it).

Sceptile - Subseeders certainly don't like Taunters, especially when that Taunter is a Poison Type. Swords Dance = lol. Venusaur usually can use this as setup fodder if it switches into Leaf Blade or Energy Ball.

Scyther - This is the main reason, along with Swellow, that Rotom was added onto the team. Rotom takes Aerial Ace well and OHKOs. If it incorrectly predicts Blaziken using Superpower and comes in on a Fire Blast, bye-bye Scyther.

Swellow - This is the main reason, along with Scyther, that Rotom was added onto the team. Rotom takes Guts BB well and OHKOs. Even a +2 Overgrow Seed Bomb does massive damage onto it, along with Stealth Rock and the Status orb slowly eating it alive.

Torterra - Mesprit OHKOs this guy with Ice Beam, Azumarill OHKOs this guy with Ice Punch, Blaziken OHKOs this guy with Fire Blast, Venusaur 2HKOs this guy with +0 Overgrow Seed Bomb, Rotom 2HKOs this guy with Hidden Power, and Drapion is just sad against him... the deal is to not let him set up at all costs.

Toxicroak - Nasty Plot being the unpredictable set, my ass. Everyone uses NPcroak these days, or else as a Rainfrog. Drapion handles NPcroak, taking +2 Vacuum Wave, Sludge Bomb and Dark Pulse with ease. Rainfreaks certainly do not like neutral Fire Blasts (even including the Rain), and Venusaur can maim it with Earthquake.

Typhlosion
- U-Turn out with Mesprit so Azumarill gets in unscathed, and Aqua Jet. Even though the opponent will likely switchin, if Mesprit gets in Stealth Rock Typhlosion's Eruption will be considerably less powerful with 75% HP. Venusaur harms this guy seriously with Earthquake, and it's an OHKO with +2.

Yanmega
- Mesprit's Ice Beam OHKOs whereas it always survives a non-boosted Bug Buzz. Rotom can beat it if Sleep Clause is activated, if it must. If this guy predicts incorrectly and switches in on Blaziken's Fire Blast instead of Superpower, it's a burnt bug.

Defensive Threats

Altaria - Stealth Rock, Superpower and Fire Blast add up to a KO on this gal through practice. Azumarill can smash it with a well-timed Ice Punch. Mesprit and Rotom OHKO and 2HKO it respectively with their Ice moves.

Blastoise - Sub fodder for Azumarill. Venusaur can easily force it out and setup.

Chansey - Rotom and Drapion can cripple it with Trick and Taunt. This nurse can't do anything against Azumarill, who has 101 Subs and a Substitute faster than Thunder Wave. Blaziken OHKOs.

Claydol - Claydol SUCKS. The only pokemon on my team it can "wall," Mesprit, can simply use U-Turn or Ice Beam and if Blaziken roasts it, then uses Hidden Power, it's KOd.

Clefable
- One of the tough guys to KO. Generally I let Mesprit eat the Thunder Wave while weakening it (lol not really) with Psychic. When I am paralyzed, I U-Turn to Blaziken, bringing it in unharmed (besides possibly SR) and start owning things.

Donphan - Funnily enough my team is almost built to handle him, although he became UU only yesterday. Again, Blaziken can roast it to a crisp-o-phant with Fire Blast and Mesprit can check this guy, as only Stone Edge can really hurt it. Azumarill and Venusaur see this guy as easy Substitute fodder.

Hariyama - Rotom easily gets a Trick and WoW on it, seeing as many are cocky and think they can Payback it. Blaziken can overwhelm it with Superpower, and Mesprit handles it well with Psychic.

Hitmontop
- Rotom is my best bet. If it switches into Mesprit to Spin, I keep it in and spam Psychic.

Lanturn - Superpower + Hidden Power [Grass] lol's at this guy, cool as he may be. My Runny Babbit trustfully 2HKOs with Focus Punch. If it relies on only it's STAB moves to attack, Venusaur thinks he is very cool as well. If it comes down to it, I use Drapion's Earthquake to 2HKO it.

Miltank - Rotom royally screws it over. Very few run Scrappy, except the Curse versions, which are still screwed if they get Tricked on a Curse. Blaziken obviously smacks it silly with Superpower.
Mesprit - Most run Thunder Wave and are leads, so I set up Stealth Rock and U-Turn out, taking the Thunder Wave if I have to. (If so I'll dent at it with Ice Beam)

Nidoqueen - Psychic is the clear 2HKO. Toxic Spikes and Stealth Rock don't really harm my team too much, as Venusaur and Drapion handily take care of Toxic Spikes and Stealth Rock sucks against a team with no weaknesses to it.

Regirock - This thing annoyingly almost always gets up SR against my team, and Blaziken's Superpower won't bail me out here. I can feint it out with Azumarill, although Azumarill can't really do anything to it either. Rotom is my best bet with Trick and Will-O-Wisp (Regirock does 65% with Stone Edge to Rotom! Freaking beast!).

Registeel - Far easier to handle thanks to sadistic offenses, I let Mesprit take the T-Wave and bring in the Chicken to destroy it.

Rotom - As long as it steers clear of WoW, Drapion is a great counter to it, taking little from Thunderbolt and still smexifying it with Crunch and Pursuit. Bulky versions are very likely to WoW Drapion, but also very likely to be slower than it, so Taunt works nicely here. Again, bulky versions sincerely hate Venusaur, as it's Subs take 3 Thunderbolts before fading.

Slowbro - I can really only remove this from play by predicting and smacking it with Blaziken's Hidden Power [Grass]. Thankfully, few run Calm Mind, which my team hates INCREDIBLY. Still, Rotom can beat Calm Minders with Trick and Thunderbolt.

Spiritomb - Even if this switches into Mesprit's SR or Psychic, it can take a Sucker Punch and U-Turn out to Drapion or Blaziken, both of whom beat Spiritomb with their powerful STAB.

Steelix - Trick'n'Burn this guy with Rotom. This is always easy pickings for Blaziken if it doesn't switch into Explosion or Earthquake.

Tangrowth - Venusaur can usually use this guy as setup fodder, avoiding Power Whip, Knock-Off and Sleep Powder ( the last move usually is Leech Seed) with Substitute. Blaziken obviously OHKOs and can use the opportunity to weaken a switch-in with Superpower if Tangrowth switches. My two Special Ice attackers can do a load of damage onto it.

Uxie - Somehow this guy is even easier to beat than Mesprit despite the higher Defenses. 2HKOd by Fire Blast and can't even KO with Psychic (Blaziken) that is sad, and another reason I use Mesprit. Drapion also royally screws it over with Taunt and Pursuit, as Uxie's only attacks are usually (Psychic or Zen Headbutt) and U-Turn.

Venusaur - I'm glad SubSwordsDanceSalac hasn't caught on. Usually I simply spam super effective Psychics and Fire Blasts at it until it crumbles. Venusaur is also a good way to setup my own. I can Substitute the first turn to get Sleep Powder nullified, and get one Swords Dance as it breaks. Then, I use Swords Dance again as I get hit by a weak Sludge Bomb. Finally, I use Substitute to activate the Salac Berry, and if the enemy Venusaur uses Sleep Powder again, it's going to be owned by 4x Attack Earthquake behind a Sub.

Walrein - Beast! Thankfully, Fire Blast + Superpower does a large amount on this guy, and without Froslass to take Superpower, he has to sacrifice one to get around Blaziken. Even so, I always save Rotom's Trick for this guy. Azumarill does a handy job against it with Focus Punch.

Weezing - Lol. If I know this guy is hiding in the enemy ranks, I lure it in with Azumarill and switch in Mesprit and keep U-Turning back to Azumarill. If the enemy catches on, I quickly 2HKO them with Mesprit's Psychic.

-----

Edit: I have fixed the team... dont rate! Seriously! Don't!

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Wow, how did this team slip under my radar and wind up on the second page without a single rate? Anyway, I really am enjoying the look of this highly offensive team but I feel there are a few things that could be done to improve it!

The first thing I see is that you are walled all day every day by Stalltaria, not a single one of your pokemon can hope to break through it at all. I think that in order to remedy this you should place either Stone Edge or Hidden Power Ice on your Blaziken. Most stall teams employ the use of Altaria to take care of their Blaziken worries, but with Stone Edge that no longer works because even the most defensive Altarias are still taking 60% from a Stone Edge, an easy 2HKO. Personally I would get rid of Vacuum Wave, Vacuum Wave is more useful against offensive teams who employ things like Absol and Azumarill, but you already have those two Pokemon really well covered so Vacuum Wave is definitely the expendable attack on your set. You could get rid of HP Grass but then you have some pretty significant Milotic problems that I just as soon would rather not see arise.

--------

I really dislike your using a Scarf on Mesprit. I have used Choice Scarf Mesprit a lot in my days and it's always been kind of meh, not to mention you already have one Trick user on your team and using two of them can sometimes get cumbersome (let's say you trick your Specs off of Rotom, well now they have an absorber of Trick for your Mesprit, so you will generally never get a chance to hit a second mon with trick). I also kind of dislike the use of Physical moves on your Stealth Rock user. You have the advantage in using Mesprit of warding off those pesky Foresight Hitmontops by threatening Psychic, you should use it to your advantage! I would prefer to see a specially based set with Psychic / Ice Beam or Tbolt (probably Ice Beam to further help with the Altaria problem) / U-turn or Thunder Wave / Stealth Rock. This should help guarantee that not only do your Stealth Rocks hit the field, but that you make sure they STAY on the field.

--------

Your EVs on Drapion are a bit screwy. If you're trying to maximize your ability to take Special attacks, then you should max out SpD and then put the remaining EVs into HP. I recommend maintaining the Atk and Spe EVs, but altering your defensive EVs to be more like this 76 HP / 252 SpD. This lets you take special hits that you rely on Drapion to sponge way better.

--------

Without Crobat in the tier, there's really no reason to run +Nature on base 80 Pokemon that are set to get a +1 boost, so you should probably change your Venusaur to Adamant for the added power, I'm sure you'll appreciate it when you have it.

--------

After that the team looks really solid, I love the thought put into it and you can certainly take on the majority of threats that may be posed to your team. Well done! (hint: I rated you 5 stars! ^_^)

SlottedPig

sem feio
Thank you, finally I've gotten a great rate.

(Am adding in the edits now)

Edits I Made:

Mesprit's whole set has been changed;
Venusaur is now Adamant;
Drapion has been EVd to take special hits better.

I didn't add Stone Edge on Blaziken because I know some Stalltaria are EVed to outspeed the "Mixed Priority Attacker," and even though I can smack it on the switch-in I need both a critical hit AND a hit (which is more than i bargain for, seeing as Stone Edge hates me) to KO it (including SR).

Possible Change: Add Ice Punch to Azumarill? I wouldn't want to get rid of his core moves, though.

Needs more rates, please!

EDIT: Ty for 5Star ^_^

Wow, really well thought through, you've got most of your types covered, and all the players work well together.
Just a little something though, in relation to your possible change, you could try running azumarill with superpower and ice punch over sub-punch.
You'll lose some power on your fighting move, not to mention you get the power drop meaning you'll have to switch out. But you'll have an easier time with the altaria problem.
Brick break can also be used if you want to stay in with power, rather than having to switch out, but you'd be losing half the power in relation to focus punch.
In my opinion lead mesprits are gone too fast for you to be able to pull out an ice beam near endgame, having ice punch on azumarill would be a good insurance.

If your heart is set on sub-punch strategy then I've nothing else to say. It's a great team, I think I'll try something similar to this; I've always loved the grass-fire-water cores.

SlottedPig

sem feio
Azumarill is meant to be my main sweeper, hiding behind a Sub. Without Substitute and Focus Punch, he loses a lot of effectivity as a sweeper.

Thanks, though.

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Problems:

DD Altaria

How to fix it:

I browse through the team and it seems that Altaria is a counter to most of them. It can have an easy time with Azumarill, Venusaur and Blaziken. With this, the move set needs tweaking. The team is excellent and I don't want to tweak too much.

180 Speed EVs outpaces low-speed base 70's and importantly, 16 Speed Hitmontop.
I don't think you need 180 EVs to outpace base 70s which doesn't even pose a threat to you. Hitmontop can't hurt you badly and you have Mespirit or Rotom to handle it. Just trade it of for some bulk and 101 Subs to give more bulk. With that EV spread you have a slight chance of survival when you battle +1 Altaria and Outrage. It will deal 93.35% - 109.97% on 80 HP / 0 Def Azumarill. Tweak it to this

Azumarill @ Leftovers
Adamant
252 HP / 212 Atk / 44 Spe

- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Aqua Jet / Ice Punch
- Waterfall / Ice Punch

Its the standard one and you could opt to go for plain 252 252 investment. With the trade for bulk you can take a +1 Outrage (83.42% - 98.27%) and strike with Ice Punch. You choose with one to remove, Waterfall or Aqua Jet.

Rotom can serve as a scarfer to handle DD Feraligatr and DD Altaria. Revenge kill with Thunderbolt or HP Ice. You can consider Sleep Powder for Substitute on Venusaur. It sleep induces your counters and allows you to unleash SD on a switch out (to a generic Special wall). In the end SubSalac is a decent option but isn't really that good without decent speed. You can keep Salac if you want but Life Orb is a better option.

Summary:

Solid team, only DD Altaria can hurt you and a little bit of SubRoost Moltres.

SlottedPig

sem feio
Another great rate:

Edits:

Azumarill now has
252 HP / 212 ATK / 8 SPE / 36 DEF

Although Ice Punch seems like a great idea, Azumarill can't give up Aqua Jet, leaving me with only one priority attacker [Blaziken] [who doesn't do SHIT against +1 Mismagius), and Waterfall would leave it too weak when it can't set up a Substitute. 8 Speed EVs outspeeds 4 Speed Chansey which outspeeds 0 Speed Regi's (to finish them off quickly with SToss), as 44 Speed EVs only outspeeds Blissey (who, obviously, is nonexistent in the tier). The extra EVs are stashed into Defense to let Azumarill take those +1 Outrages a little better (and give a better chance to survive when SR is layed down.)

In conclusion:

Azumarill @ Leftovers
~Aqua Jet
~Focus Punch
~Substitute
~Waterfall
Adamant Nature
Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Atk / 36 Def / 8 Spe

About Rotom: I think the main thing about this team is not getting walled. Having a Choice Scarf would make Rotom even more easily walled.

Honestly, this team is great, and you have covered nearly everything in the UU tier. So, consider this a bump since I cannot think of anything to say about this team, other than bravo.

Oh, and I'm RainbowPwnie/Test :D

Feel free to keep the emblem. haha

EDIT: You're Welcome.

Also, what are you on the leaderboards with this team?

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I still don't understand, how will you handle DD Altaria? You tweaked the EV spread to make it bulkier like I suggested but you don't slip in Ice Punch?

Azumarril needs Ice Punch over Waterfall. Focus Punch is the attack you should be using behind a sub, and outside of a sub, Ice Punch hits threats he's weak against while Aqua Jet is still a priority STAB.

Sub/salac Venusaur is interesting, but Torterra would pull off the set better, as it has higher in both physical stats, and can be EV'd to be very bulky as well, AND it gets STAB on Earthquake.

SlottedPig

sem feio
After enough votes (2 xD) I am giving Azumarill Ice Punch.

I understand how you say Torterra would be a better sweeper, but it is slower, and with Rock Polish, it is weaker. If Drapion is fainted and Toxic Spikes are up, Torterra is practically screwed. Additionally, Venusaur can set up on Meganium (who does only 7% with Energy Ball in my experience) while with the exact same HP and SpD, Torterra takes 36% (and for some reason, Meggy is getting more popular)

EDIT: I've only fought Altaria once, but when I did, it switched in on Blaziken and got 2HKOd by Fire Blast + Superpower before it could move (Stealth Rock was up). It had Lefties recovery, too, so Blaziken isn't getting Stone Edge any time soon!

SlottedPig

sem feio
Now with Dugtrio and Donphan in the world of UU, I think I might have to make some slight changes to my team; any ideas?

EDIT: The beauty about this team is that it can beat any threat if playing correctly. For example, Kabutops coming in to "revenge-kill" Blaziken will almost always Swords Dance, netting me a free kill with Hidden Power [Grass]. This is the reason a Threat List is not included.

EDIT 2: Kabutops can also be crippled by a large amount of damage by Rotom, Drapion, Azumarill, and Venusaur as well; that is to say Mesprit does the least on it.

I don't really see why you would need to change your team, since it can effectively rape both dugtrio and donaphan. After dugtrio is revealed and kills either Blaziken or Drapion, just double switch to Azumarill the next time you summon the remaining ground-weak pokemon. Free sub!

Mesprit has several key advantages over Uxie. Uxie can run the exact same set, with a better amount of bulk and speed to boot. Mesprit has a key advantage, and that's her Special Attack. Uxie has base 75 Attack and Mesprit has 110. This makes Mesprit's Psychic and U-Turn more powerful. Although U-Turn is not meant to attack, Mesprit's common switch-ins - like Absol and Umbreon - will lose a chunk of health upon switching in. It also makes Mesprit an effective anti-lead. Mesprit also gets access to Ice Beam, giving it a fantastic move to maim Altaria with. Even if Uxie had it, it would not KO with those sadistic offenses.

Mesprit has base 105 Atk and SAtk, not 110. Great team. Also a good choice to use Ice Punch on Azumarill.

I am also using lead Mesprit, but with another set. I use this Mesprit. Fits my fast offense teams better than Uxie, Mesprit can attack and Uxie not.

Mesprit@Choice Scarf
Jolly, 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spe
- Trick
- Zen Headbutt
- Stealth Rock
- U-Turn

SlottedPig

sem feio
Aquamilotic:

Thanks, edited it in. Thanks for the compliment as well. About Mesprit, I have actually used that exact same set on Mesprit when I first posted this team, but it was edited. Trick was a waste of a slot, and Mesprit badly needed an Ice move. I slapped Ice Beam over it and gave Mesprit a Lum Berry to actually hurt Roserade. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

EDIT: Also, thanks for the bump.

Yes, but the major problems are already covered. I hope you will get a good rating on Shoddy. Good luck! You did the effort to do so.

Solid UU team. I've been "testing" it out to success. No real weak link, and other than status, the team does well.

Congrats.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)