Tournament UUPL VI - Finals [Won by Mikan Island Monsters]

Sacri'

the end is here
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
ggs monsters, really sorry for the way i handled both games in finals
was a fun season thanks to the team, shoutout to y'all guys and i hope i'll get to see the newer players of the team on the big stage in the coming months. i havent felt comfortable w/ building (or even playing apparently) uu ever since spl has ended so it's probably time for me to let it go for a while. this tier had been my favorite for so long and i'm glad i was able to compete on the big stage very frequently thanks to some good runs last year, i hope it'll keep on growing playerbase wise and that more people will be able to enjoy it as much as i have for the past 3 years or so.
(ye this post has been really dramatic so may as well go all the way)
farewell uu

Kink

it's a thug life ¨̮
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
and so after the 3rd appearance of the respective Cleveland and Golden State Teams, Golden State comes out ahead.

shoutout to my teammates. I thought we were ahead.

special thanks to my captain Sacri' who helped convince me to bring on some great dudes.

special thanks to my great dudes who lit the fire all season and brought us to the finals.

ultra special shout out to the fans in our discord who supported us all season. see some of you in uupl next year.

we pushed it to the last possible scenario in a tiebreaker, so I'll take my half win and see you in finals next year.

shoutout to Pearl and the monsters for representing greatness. We'll take it from you one day.

EviGaro

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
RU Leader
Grats Monsters, especially Gama, you're a goon but that's why we like you.

Thanks to Kink from picking me up from the streets, it was fun playing more BW this year and in such a cool environment, got some great memories and met great people from this opportunity, both as new teammates and opponents. Shoutout to the Classiest gang, to MrAldo for being the guy in this too and [REDACTED] for trying to help everyone. Biggest shoutout is probably to Sage for being so supportive from the beginning and always listening to my rants and being up for tests. In general, you're definitely the future of this community and I hope you'll get a chance to manage next year, you are definitely the kind of person who would succeed at it.

Also thanks to every other Battle Girl for making this super entertaining!

ceraa

Banned deucer.
ggs monsters, really sorry for the way i handled both games in finals
was a fun season thanks to the team, shoutout to y'all guys and i hope i'll get to see the newer players of the team on the big stage in the coming months. i havent felt comfortable w/ building (or even playing apparently) uu ever since spl has ended so it's probably time for me to let it go for a while. this tier had been my favorite for so long and i'm glad i was able to compete on the big stage very frequently thanks to some good runs last year, i hope it'll keep on growing playerbase wise and that more people will be able to enjoy it as much as i have for the past 3 years or so.
(ye this post has been really dramatic so may as well go all the way)
farewell uu
grats sacri

justdrew

All dogs go to heaven
is an official Team Rateris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
PUPL Champion
As a spectator and a first time viewer of UUPL, this was an amazing season. It allowed me to see an immense amount of high level gameplay from some of the best UU players like TDK and Rodribultar, to some new UUPL’ers and my close friends like Amane Misa, Yeezyknows, and Sage. The new managers Tricking and Bushtush deserve a special shoutout for their good work. Congrats everyone! Bye sacri, you will be missed.

Last edited:

Sage

From the River To the Sea
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Shouted out most of my team in discord, y'all know ur the best, was a fun season yada yada

A special thanks to two people not on my team who really helped my season: Ark and Lavos, you both were incredibly helpful in the playoffs for me to bounce ideas off of and test with, and were a big part of why I won both my playoff games. Reaching .500 on the season was really big for my confidence and helped my team make it to tiebreakers, thank you both for your support.

Lastly, to all the room / ladder players out there who haven't had their chance yet, a little encouragement. I was in your shoes six months ago, just some old washed up relic from BW days with zero accomplishments to my name. All it takes is a little hard work and dedication, you'll break through and get your chances.

s/o MSPL

Finally:

AHEAD.PNG

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Thanks a lot to Kink for drafting me, I wish would have done more for the team in terms of results but hopefully my cheerleading abilities and ability of making good team atmosphere was up to part! A really lovely experience, I REALLY like being part of team tours.

Shoutout to Sage for stepping up on GSC UU over me, Im glad I could help you to understand the meta a bit through tests, and you really did it miles better than I did (I certainly want to get better at it tho, really need to learn how to count the sleep turns properly, always fuck up at it). Such a cool and inspirational lad, UU has a bright future with you. Keep it up!

To [REDACTED] for providing gsc teams when I needed. Thanks, it means a lot!

To Sacri' for vouching for me despite not having much talk about UU. Means a lot. Hopefully I was a good cheerleader!

To my team: Blackoblivion Pohjis Rodriblutar Kory2600 Mazz martha and the others I didnt talk much like Heysup and The Kyle . Thanks for making a wonderful atmosphere, so supportive and we could talk about everything and share interests and what not. Magnificent. Special shoutouts to EviGaro for being the BEST and an AMAZING friend. Such notable BW skills!

At least I didnt go winless! I will certainly work a lot on gsc skills. Really digged the meta despite being super duper upper centralized and I believe it should be given a couple more of opportunities in the future. Is just a different set of pace that can be refreshing at times with all the power creep in modern generations, and that can be nice.

Cheers! GGs to the monsters and thanks for everything!

Even though I wasn't a huge factor for the team and was only slated to play 3 games, I'll take my time to thank the Battle Girls on a fantastic season and congratulate the Monsters on winning UUPL6.

Kink I've already thanked you, but I'll do it again: I've dug myself into a nice little hole on this platform and every year you're always willing to give me opportunities that I haven't done much to deserve. It means a lot that you refuse to give up on me. I'm glad I can call you a friend.

Heysup, The Kyle, Sage thanks for beating some sort of utility out of me in a metagame I'm only somewhat familiar with. ADV UU is really, really fun and the three of you only added to how enjoyable it can be. My two matches against Bro Fist were some of the "biggest" games I've had the opportunity to play in and I enjoyed every minute of it. From the amount of prep we put into teams and making sure I was beyond comfortable using them, you guys helped give me everything I needed to win. Can't thank you three enough. Heysup, I'm honoured that you find me competent enough to be willing to just randomly challenge me for test matches. You're one of the old-time greats and it does mean something to me that you feel like I'm worth reaching out to.

EviGaro it was really fun watching you bloom as a BWUU player. Admittedly, I had zero clue as to who you were before the season started and you've blown me away with how efficient and calculated your games were. Glad I was able to be of some help with your prep vs Finch, and I'm thankful for the prep you helped me with going into my (dead) match with We Three Kings. I feel like you've really made a name for yourself this PL season with your achievements in UUPL and RUPL. Best of luck in PUPL this season!

To MrAldo, Rodriblutar, Blackoblivion, Pohjis, Kory2600, Ernesloru, martha, and YouthBerry: we may have had no or limited interaction but you were all a major part in getting this machine of a team to the finals! It was a hell of a ride!

Sacri' I want you to enjoy whatever you choose to move onto! You're an outstanding player and an even better person. Take it easy fren!

SOMALIA, thanks for being a piece of shit, the team couldn't have done it with you!

Pearl

Romance は風のまま
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the 7th Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Champion

Find out the answer in the next episode of the UUPL Chronicles!
Ladies and gentlemen! A bunch of days and plot twists after, the answer to this question has finally been unveiled! It turns out that bro fist does have the ability to win games that matter. Kudos to him :psytear:

That aside, it would be a shame if no one from the monsters posted in this thread, so it's only fair that I take initiative as the team's manager. For reference (and this time it's actually for real, as opposed to the many times I said I'd keep things short just to drag them out for ages), I'll try to make this post bearable to whoever decides to read it in its entirety. It's shout out time!

First things first, thank you TonyFlygon for letting me take over the team and for being around whenever your heart allowed you to. Real life constraints made you miss a huge chunk of the season, but you still guaranteed that your time in our chat was as meaningful as possible, and I'm sure Gama's random.org would be empty if it wasn't for you.

TDK and Poek, I'm glad you decided to stick around for another round despite how hard it was to top last year's run. A little pointless to keep on going considering the fact that we literally chat on the daily, but I hope that we can keep the tradition alive somehow next year.

FLCL, fuck you for being the first to leave our team chat. In the same day we won the tour too; what a fucking mood killer.

bro fist, thanks for showing a glimpse of the reason why you're in pretty much every single tiebreaker your WCoP teams have ever played, and also for believing me when I said I'd break the bank on you while you were hesitant on signing up. See you on Cytube, big J.

Kaori, if you didn't offer to play GSC UU I'm sure that our team would've been fucked down the road. You probably didn't enjoy yourself much, but your contribute is heavily appreciated. Let's win SPL together now, shall we?

Empo, sorry that I didn't put you in SM from the get go, but in a way it would just be unfair if we started with a 4-0 there every week right off the bat, right? I hope you had a good time with us :psyglad:

Nat, perfectionism is an enemy of enjoyment. I know how much it sucks to go out on a negative note, but that fact alone shouldn't be used to devalue the wins you nabbed for us throughout the whole thing. I'm also grateful that you actually bothered to learn the ORAS UU metagame and attempted to make your own stuff, as it made things a lot easier on me. Overall, you were a great person to have around, and having an actual good RU player on one of my teams was a nice change of pace in comparison to SPL.

Eternal Spirit, the way you play Pokemon makes me question the meaning of life itself. Whether this is a good thing or not is up to your interpretation, but you're a really fun lad. random.org is a worried manager's worst nightmare, by the way, so you better pray you never have to play under me in a trophy team tour :psynervous:

Arii Stella, your semifinals showing was a joy to watch. If it were in a different DPP tier, I'd probably be calling you "Highlady" on the daily at this point. Thanks for letting me assist your UPL team in your quest for greatness, and I hope that this win is enough to make up for the highway robbery that went on there :psycry:

Sun, a shout out post wouldn't be complete without the good old "your record isn't a real indicator of your skill level", so here we go. Can't really say you played perfectly throughout your games this UUPL, but I've seen you wreck some guys during Smogtour before, so perhaps you'll be able to prove yourself in the near future. Thank you for all the ORAS teams and enthusiastic advice in SM, that really came in clutch for us earlier in the season :psywoke:

Hootie, you should've talked to us more :psysad:

Helpers: @rozes, obii, CrashinBoomBang, col49. With the exception of obii, who was only there to bully nat out of the team chat during finals, all of you helped us patch up some of the holes with our original draft, helping out in GSC, ADV and BW respectively. You're all people I talk to frequently, and it was nice that we could share yet another chat. Thank y'all.

Kink Sacri' and everyone else on the Battlegirls: good series! Things were a lot tighter this year, and any small variance in individual results could've tilted the result in an entirely different way. Contrary to me, who mostly relied on the good ol' reliable circlejerk for this tournament, you guys helped raising a lot of young talent and proved that a motivated set of players, regardless of how grizzled they are, can overcome most of the obstacles that come their way. Considering this tournament's results, It is safe to say that your ability to lead a team within our community is close to unmatched, and I'm looking forward to seeing that get rewarded in the future, but hopefully not till the monster franchise has been retired for good :blobtriumph:

I'll see you again next year.

I gotta say this tournament was pretty great even though low tiers sucks dick our team chat was really funny, really really good skill-wise and everyone laughed at my jokes so I had the most fun playing this one compared to the other unnofficial PLs that I played (I won 2 out of 4 and 1 2nd place btw :nice:) so shoutouts to @everyone on our team
Special thanks for Kink for buying me and being a good captain, Christo for trading me and Mazz for a better team, Heysup for doing all the work and helping me and everyone outside the team like Hogg (sorry if me and honchcrow offended you with our sexist jokes) honchkrow and @slumrz :slurmz:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)