VGC '12 United Kingdom National - Birmingham - March 3 - WON BY KobraTail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Theyre being bitches not telling us if its swiss or single elimination, but nearly every other country/event knows! Its unfair!
Y'know I'm thinking it will be singles elimination. Reasoning for me thinking this is that America get regionals then qualifying tournament, whereas we just get one event. Feel free to yell at me people :naughty:

hurr hurr haven't even looked at a team idea yet, but I'll probably be there. Stupid early start, though - it's about a 4 hour drive from here to Birmingham. ;o

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
The only reason I'm going to this is to keep Keely and Gec happy. Lets just bear this in mind when I don't do so good.

Screw this meta, I'm all about the night before. Gonna be leaving Zog incapacitated on his green juice stuff.

gec

pharos
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Get Zog so drunk the night before he doesn't make it to VGC the next morning. Sounds great :D

If you two are paying for the green stuff, I'm more than up for the challenge.

FIESTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ;3

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, Rob got a reply to his e-mail yesterday asking whether it was Swiss or Single Elimination. I sent a similar e-mail a bit before and got a lame-ass reply (go figure). They said Single Elimination and maybe it was finally brought to their attention that it wasn't on the page - so they added it now.

Single Elimination, I wasn't fancying it again this year.. But we've had to deal with that the past three years, so it's no issue at all in the end.

Dozz

Urgh, Single Elimination is chodes. But I guess it's the best way, considering the time constraints, and the limited multi-lingual staff they have.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Urgh, Single Elimination is chodes. But I guess it's the best way, considering the time constraints, and the limited multi-lingual staff they have.
I actually think the only reason they have not done swiss is because we only have a one-day event, where as the US has two (for Nationals). This is because they would want to have a top cut after the swiss. However, I honestly think they could have easily done a swiss with no top cut and just picked the four players with the best swiss record. Maybe they want to make sure the grand final is on the stage to get a good atmosphere etc.

Ah well. Can't complain too much.

Dozz

Ah well. Can't complain too much.
Yeah we can, we have a British sterotype to live up to. We'll stand in line, and moan about that, and then we'll get a single elimination, and moan about that. And complain about the temperature, and music, and all sorts.

I prefer it to be Single Elim tbh, the reason being that it just would've stirred a lot of shit if they did Swiss WITHOUT cuts. Of course I would've been glad if they had done Swiss WITH top cut KO matches but it was obvious with a one-day-event that this was not going to happen. But yeah, getting 5th because of tiebreakers and not winning the trip to Worlds by 1% is something a lot of people would have complained about. With Single Elim it's at least very clear-cut and no-one can really complain about the system.

Well, let's just applaud them for giving out four trips to Hawaii :)

Just want to thank TPCi for sorting out this important missing piece of information and Havak I'm sorry after coming back from a nightclub that I didn't take your 3.30AM conversation about single elimination very seriously. x

Okay so it is a shame there are no lies there, I think we all know that single elimination is not the easiest system to allow the best players to go through, now see if from finalists lounge onwards Best Of Three Single Elimination now that would definately be worth considering and I strongly suggest this to the hosts and you can still do it surely? I think this would be a great way to rectify this so that Europe has an even stronger line up ready for Worlds, I don't want to hax out someone like Zog without him having an opportunity to try again, it just seems wrong.

Thanks for reading anyway guys, I did send an e-mail and I am happy they have sorted this, I will be attending all the european qualifiers and I cannot wait to meet europe's best!

I think we all know that single elimination is not the easiest system to allow the best players to go through,
For this year and 10 at least the best players have gone through... UK top 4 last year was zog/rees/twash/ruben which is an incredibly strong lineup lol, same with the year before when it was gec/kinneas/osirus/rees, even if it was swiss people would still get haxed and have their W/L dropped, or have their tiebreakers ruined by terrible players.

I think this would be a great way to rectify this so that Europe has an even stronger line up ready for Worlds
Europe made up 5/8 slots in the worlds top cut, that's pretty strong really...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)