Victini's Wrath

Wow. I did not expect this much feedback! Thanks to all of you for all of your critiques/criticism (both positive and negative), I'll definitely make sure all of the percentages are right before I attempt another warstory (thanks to Jimera0 for the suggestion about using the replay viewer, I'll do that next time), and I will wait until I am better at battling and get a better battle. I just have one question, and it is for Verbatim. How/why would crustle be the better choice for a custap/explosion set? Gigalith gets the stone edge/earthquake combo for almost perfect coverage and has 40 more base attack.

Sorry, but this wasn't a great Warstory. Your format was fantastic, but the battle was pretty bad. Your opponent made many stupid moves (such as switching in Mismagius when he had a Heracross waiting in the wings. On your part, switching in Gengar to Jolteon was equally foolish. The biggest deal breaker, however, was the horrible hax at the end.

4.5/10. That's probably a little harsh for a first war story, but the battle was simply horrible. If you can find a compelling battle and work on your commentaries, I'm sure you'll be writing 9s and 10s in no time. Good luck!

sorry to say but both you an opponent are clearly not that great battlers and both your moves show that which is ashame as otherwise not a bad read

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Wow. I did not expect this much feedback! Thanks to all of you for all of your critiques/criticism (both positive and negative), I'll definitely make sure all of the percentages are right before I attempt another warstory (thanks to Jimera0 for the suggestion about using the replay viewer, I'll do that next time), and I will wait until I am better at battling and get a better battle. I just have one question, and it is for Verbatim. How/why would crustle be the better choice for a custap/explosion set? Gigalith gets the stone edge/earthquake combo for almost perfect coverage and has 40 more base attack.
Quite frankly, Crustle can use the second turn to get a layer of spikes up in addition to his stealth rocks. Though to be honest, if you want rocks up guaranteed Deoxys-S is the best option hands down.

well i have to agree with verbatim, Alphatron's HP Percent Messages are f*cking epic but, we shouldnt copy them... also i got somewhat dissapointed when you didnt check pkmns base speed during the battle, asuming something is what a noob does, checking and calculating during battles is the way pros role. overall 6/10

> checking and calculating during battles is the way pros role

Firstly, it's 'roll'. Second, seasoned veterans need rarely even check speed tiers or run calcs, it's mostly the 'noobs' who do that. You meant 'idiots'. They are the noobs who don't do that.

You overestimated the Victory Star Ability. Zen Headbutt's accuracy is only raised by x10% by Victory Star, so it would have 99% accuracy, therefore a 1% miss. I use Zen Headbutt on my White squad's Victini, and out of ~80 times it used it, how many times did it miss? 1.

well i have to agree with verbatim, Alphatron's HP Percent Messages are f*cking epic but, we shouldnt copy them... also i got somewhat dissapointed when you didnt check pkmns base speed during the battle, asuming something is what a noob does, checking and calculating during battles is the way pros role. overall 6/10

They aren't epic. They are annoying as heck. People should stop doing that.

But on to the story rate.

Average battle.

Opponent probably copied a Jolteon set that had those exact moves (Probably a Serebii) and just chose Ice because "It hits dragons" (Why most people chose). Also teams were not that good overall (Props for Gastrodon though)

I like the fact that you lost in this story. Not many people actually post ones they lose. The title gave away the battle quickly exspecially when I saw whose team Victini was on.

Overall 3/10

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)