Media Videogame thread

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
So as leaked a few days ago, Persona 3 is getting remade as Persona 3 Reload. You can look up a lot of what it looks like, but the biggest news is this:

The English Voice Cast will be completely overhauled.

Certain actors from the original had to go sadly because of recent events revealing their true colors, but it'll be a shame to lose iconic voices like Liam O'Brien as Akihiko and Michelle Ruff as Yukari. That said, I respect the decision to go all out in recasting the voices. A great voice ensemble is driven not only by good individual performances from the actors but also that there's a genuine chemistry between all of the actors and that as a result their performances can genuinely bounce off each other well.

One of the things that irritated me about the recasts in the Persona 4 spinoffs was that they recast people who they couldn't get ahold of while keeping other original VAs as if nothing had happened. The best thing about P4 Golden's dub was the fact that many of the actors in that game are best friends IRL (like Yuri Lowenthal, Troy Baker, and Laura Bailey) which in addition to their inherently excellent performances allows them to bounce off each other magnificently and create for a great chemistry between the characters in the game so when some voices were replaced in the later spinoffs that same magic just wasn't there.

So in a sense I can respect the decision to overhaul the new cast entirely. A new dub with new actors who all have new performances that not only will work in a new direction but also bounce off each other thanks to a formed cast based on the chemistry between the actors to create for a strong dub, and in doing so create a better dub and effective voice ensemble.

Voltage

OTTN5
is a Pre-Contributor
I think the recasting makes sense and I am really excited for the new cast to get to play the characters. I think given the careers of the all the VAs who gave it their all in 2006, it's a little unrealistic to assume that they'd return to redo lines 18 years later given the audio fidelity of the PS2's lines (and their compression). But I think that the best part is that if you want the original lines, P3P's ports still lets you use them and ultimately, I'm all for giving new talent time to shine.

And because Allegra Clark is going to absolutely destroy it at Mitsuru if her performances in the AI games are anything to go by.

since everyones probobly playing totk, ill share some tips. spoiler warning.
after you beat a proving grounds shrine, you can go back in and collect the materials it has. on an unrelated note, rubies spawn in proving grounds: lights out.
while satori mountain may have lost the diamond rock and durians, it is still a great grinding spot. for one, it has a fair amount of hearty truffles and endura carrots. it also contains an orchard with about 150 apples. add a bunch of apples glued together to your autobuild, and you can clear out the entire orchard in under 5 minutes. keep in mind that each apple sells for 2 rupees, so thats a total of 300 rupees in under 5 minutes. and thats assuming none of them are golden apples.
instead of upgrading your soldiers helmet to level 4, get the amber earings instead. while to upgrade the soldiers helm, you nead to kill at least five lynels, to upgrade the amber earings, you just need a bunch of amber and flint.
forget everything you knew about dragon farming, because it will be of no use. dragons no longer have a schedule dictating where they apear, so you cant just keep changing the time to get them to apear where you want. in addition, you can only get a dragon part every 10 minutes. the good news is that you can now ride them.
dont get the master sword until you fully upgrade the champions lethers. the light dragon is by far the most difficult dragon to find, as it takes almost 2 real life hours to complete its flight path, so you will need to know where its located.
tulin should be your first sage.
yunobo makes gerudo a whole lot easier, as the gibdos are weak to fire as well as lightning.
yunobo, sidon, and mineru can help you mine without wasting your weapons duribility.
mineru can get you free bullet time by jumping off her back
there is a frost emiter in typhlo ruins, near one of the captain construct 3s. it will probobly fuse it to its weapon before you can get your hands on it, but jsut save and reload after you beat it, and the emiter will be right back.
dont think just because you have the thunder helm that you can take on a thunder gleeok for free. not only do they have a melee attack, but there beams arent entirely an electrical attack, and you can still take damage from them.
if you are wearing a lisalfos mask and throw a ice fruit at a fire breath lisalfos and vice versa the other lisalfos will not attack you. i dont know why this happens, but i assume it is because since the lisalfos technically didnt take damage, and instead instantly died, they arent aggroed because you technically didnt damage them. after more testing, i found that it will sometimes just not work for no reason. this game is wierd.
im pretty sure gloom weapons can only damage you if durability is consumed.
the earthquake technique makes moldugas a joke. you can use it to lure them away, hit their bellies when they are in their second phase, it has long range, and it can be used indefinitely.

Last edited:

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
As one of the five people in existence with a PS5, I decided to download the FFXVI demo. I've followed very little press material for it so far so, I went in without too many expectations outside of knowing it's being handled by FFXIV vets.

It's good. Combat is fun and the story is interesting with what little we're given. I'd buy it day 1 if I wasn't going on vacation immediately after it comes out.

While not strictly a GBA game, I have continued to ply games that were slightly before my time. Here are my thoughts on the Metroid Prime remaster. I have not played the original.

It looks pretty good. Nothing visually looks like it originated on the Gamecube, though the original technical limitations do still appear within the map design (there's a lot of smallish corridors with minor obstacles just to slow the player down while the next big room loads, now redundant because said rooms load way faster). I don't know how much the amount of concept art is a good indicator, but there's basically the same amount from the original and remake specifically.

I don't feel that the level theming went too far out of standard Metroid things, though that baseline still mostly does a good job of avoiding my pet peeve with fictional worlds (making the environments something I could see on mundane old Earth). I say 'mostly' because I wasn't thrilled with the first area, Tallon Overworld.

It kind of feels like the original system this was made for had an extra set of buttons. Effectively, there's five different sets of actions that all want four buttons/a stick (movement, basic actions [jump, attack, etc.], aiming, switching beams, and switching visors) There are several control options, but with the possible exception of using the pointer (which I didn't try), all end up using a trigger to swap between two modes. Theoretically, they could have had gyro aim always enabled, but I could also see that resulting in too much camera movement in non-combat sections. It can feel a bit clunky early on, but the controls themselves felt much better after both having time with them and filling up more of the inventory (making it clearer where all the actions fit in).

That said, I did feel that I struggled with the platforming aspects. In particular, I had a hard time determining if I had the horizontal distance for a given jump. However, I also haven't played a first-person game in five years, so it's entirely possible that I'm just bad.

The visor system was whelming. For the most part, there's just something invisible to the regular visor, forcing you to equip the correct one and play in an uglier setup. It was however interesting when a particular visor could be used to lock on to a weak point of an enemy that would just be a slugfest otherwise. I had heard about X-ray+plasma beam doing that, but I didn't encounter it personally (only using the thermal visor against the Elite Pirates). I guess it might have been introduced in one of the sequels?

Each of the different beam weapons feel like they have a niche, which is broadly good. However, the game will sometimes attempt to force beam switches on top of that by having enemies only vulnerable to one weapon type. These are often colour-coded, which poses an issue when combined with areas that use the alternate visors (which don't display regular colours). As someone who was already falling off platforms semi-regularly, I didn't enjoy one particular room where it felt like seeing how to fight enemies and seeing platforms were mutually exclusive.

The map is pretty good for figuring out where you are, and you have an option for the game to give the location of the next item in sequence after some time of wandering around. However, the map lacks any indication of whether you have picked up an item somewhere. It also only displays doors, so the only locations that you know are newly accessible are ones locked behind new beam options. Even doing a final sweep with a guide nearby, I still ended up missing four missile packs because I thought I had cleared those locations the first time.

I don't think there are any glitchless sequence breaks, which is a damper on doing another playthrough immediately (as I would be doing the same route). That said, if feel like a lot of that kind of thing in the 2D Metroid games is enabled by the Speed Booster, which doesn't feel like it would translate well to a 3D game.

Overall, I think I'd say it was good but not quite great. A lot of effort went into making it 3D, and I think it succeeded in being a 3D Metroid game, but that effort meant that some other gameplay aspects are lacking polish. The remaster appears to be a significant technical improvement, but doesn't address all of those aspects. I still think I'm interested in the sequels if/when their own remasters release, being able to iterate on a formula instead of needing to reinvent it entirely feels like it would help a lot.

Karxrida

While not strictly a GBA game, I have continued to ply games that were slightly before my time. Here are my thoughts on the Metroid Prime remaster. I have not played the original.

It looks pretty good. Nothing visually looks like it originated on the Gamecube, though the original technical limitations do still appear within the map design (there's a lot of smallish corridors with minor obstacles just to slow the player down while the next big room loads, now redundant because said rooms load way faster). I don't know how much the amount of concept art is a good indicator, but there's basically the same amount from the original and remake specifically.

I don't feel that the level theming went too far out of standard Metroid things, though that baseline still mostly does a good job of avoiding my pet peeve with fictional worlds (making the environments something I could see on mundane old Earth). I say 'mostly' because I wasn't thrilled with the first area, Tallon Overworld.

It kind of feels like the original system this was made for had an extra set of buttons. Effectively, there's five different sets of actions that all want four buttons/a stick (movement, basic actions [jump, attack, etc.], aiming, switching beams, and switching visors) There are several control options, but with the possible exception of using the pointer (which I didn't try), all end up using a trigger to swap between two modes. Theoretically, they could have had gyro aim always enabled, but I could also see that resulting in too much camera movement in non-combat sections. It can feel a bit clunky early on, but the controls themselves felt much better after both having time with them and filling up more of the inventory (making it clearer where all the actions fit in).

That said, I did feel that I struggled with the platforming aspects. In particular, I had a hard time determining if I had the horizontal distance for a given jump. However, I also haven't played a first-person game in five years, so it's entirely possible that I'm just bad.

The visor system was whelming. For the most part, there's just something invisible to the regular visor, forcing you to equip the correct one and play in an uglier setup. It was however interesting when a particular visor could be used to lock on to a weak point of an enemy that would just be a slugfest otherwise. I had heard about X-ray+plasma beam doing that, but I didn't encounter it personally (only using the thermal visor against the Elite Pirates). I guess it might have been introduced in one of the sequels?

Each of the different beam weapons feel like they have a niche, which is broadly good. However, the game will sometimes attempt to force beam switches on top of that by having enemies only vulnerable to one weapon type. These are often colour-coded, which poses an issue when combined with areas that use the alternate visors (which don't display regular colours). As someone who was already falling off platforms semi-regularly, I didn't enjoy one particular room where it felt like seeing how to fight enemies and seeing platforms were mutually exclusive.

The map is pretty good for figuring out where you are, and you have an option for the game to give the location of the next item in sequence after some time of wandering around. However, the map lacks any indication of whether you have picked up an item somewhere. It also only displays doors, so the only locations that you know are newly accessible are ones locked behind new beam options. Even doing a final sweep with a guide nearby, I still ended up missing four missile packs because I thought I had cleared those locations the first time.

I don't think there are any glitchless sequence breaks, which is a damper on doing another playthrough immediately (as I would be doing the same route). That said, if feel like a lot of that kind of thing in the 2D Metroid games is enabled by the Speed Booster, which doesn't feel like it would translate well to a 3D game.

Overall, I think I'd say it was good but not quite great. A lot of effort went into making it 3D, and I think it succeeded in being a 3D Metroid game, but that effort meant that some other gameplay aspects are lacking polish. The remaster appears to be a significant technical improvement, but doesn't address all of those aspects. I still think I'm interested in the sequels if/when their own remasters release, being able to iterate on a formula instead of needing to reinvent it entirely feels like it would help a lot.
My main and biggest issue with Prime is the lack of any fast travel, and the remaster doesn't address it at all. It's especially problematic since there's no convenient way to get to certain locations like the Mines. Prime 2 (which I think is a better game don't @ me) actually has fast travel btw, though it's obtained late.

Karxrida

Nobody ever seems to talk about how Nintendo kills it with Genesis releases on NSO. It's kind of crazy how consistently good the updates are.

For example, Crusader of Centy. It may be an ALttP clone but it's a really excellent one, and it continues the trend of Nintendo securing really rare gems from the system. Seriously, they didn't have to grab Castlevania: Bloodlines (already in the Castlevania classic collection but cool) or Mega Man: The Wily Wars (only got a physical cart release within the last couple years as a limited reprint and is otherwise hard to play legit) but they did.

The other additions from the batch are also super solid. Ghouls 'n Ghosts needs no introduction, Revenge of Shinobi is a nice action game from the early Genesis, and Landstalker is a decent adventure with clever writing for the time.

Last edited:

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

New trailer for P3 Reload just came out.

Also we get to hear the new voice cast in action. Seems they're voice matching the originals and staying close to the characterizations established by the original dub cast.

I like this approach. The new cast is capturing the essence of the original cast while breathing their own life into it as well.

Mr. Uncompetitive

What makes us human?
is a Contributor Alumnus
Games I've been playing recently: Y2K Edition

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

BROUGHT TO YOU BY SEGA

1688514344828.png
1688514362960.png
1688515734062.png
1688514371956.png
Cosmic Smash (2001)
System: Dreamcast / Arcade
Developer/Publisher: Sega
Genre: Squash / Breakout Clone
Completion Notes: Full playthrough on easiest time settings (which is what most of the Youtube uploads do lol)

The beauty of retro gaming is that there's always some hidden gem you've never heard of before, and I hadn't heard of Cosmic Smash until this past February, thanks to it both being shouted out by Youtuber Rebeltaxi and the out-of-nowhere reveal in Sony's State of Play of C-Smash VRS, a reimagining of the game that came out about a week and a half ago on Playstation VR2.

Cosmic Smash is a very straightfoward game; it's Breakout/Arkanoid, but instead of controlling a paddle, you break the blocks by playing Squash/Racquetball. The blocks exist in 3D space, which sometimes makes it difficult to tell how many blocks deep you have to clear, and gray blocks serve as obstacles that you'll need to ricochet the ball past. Unlike Breakout, instead of having lives, the whole game is run on a timer with extensions being given every time you finish a level. By default, you start with 80 seconds and gain 20 seconds per level clear, though I'm still trying to finish the game on that setting and would recommend starting with the highest (but still not easy!) setting of 150 seconds with 50 second bonuses. 20 seconds might sound unreasonable, but most levels can be cleared within 20 seconds with good (and not necessarily optimized) play, though there are some tougher levels later on that you'll really need the extra time for, namely the level before the first route split. On that note, the levels are arranged like a subway map and you clear the game upon making it to the "end of a line", so even if the game is very short, there's plenty of replay value
1688500230659.png
Despite how simple the game is, it has a deceptive amount of intuitive nuance: Angling your control stick as you hit the ball let's you adjust the ball's trajectory. You can jump, slide, and even wall-jump for added mobility. Finally, you have a powerful Trick Shot, which costs time to use, but can pierce through blocks; it's not a move you can afford to spam, and you'll want to balance using it to potentially end stages quickly versus using normal shots that cost less time. I will have to confess that even with all this, the game can be a bit of a crapshoot at times; sometimes the ball just will not hit the target no matter how much you try and sometimes you will get clean stage clears in what feels like an accident, but I suppose that's par for the course for a Breakout-style game. Still, the game feels quite natural to control, so maybe the satisfying act of getting your angles just right to end a stage in just a few seconds is working on a subconscious level.

If this game was just its gameplay, it would be a simple for forgettable diversion, but Cosmic Smash's minimalist Y2K artstyle carries it so far. I don't think I need to comment on its look, the screenshots tell it all. Combine it with a filtered, almost robotic narrator, stylized level transitions, and a CLEAN OST inspired by IDM and Atmospheric Jungle (my favorite track being White Stellar Room), Cosmic Smash makes for an incredibly engrossing experience. Rebeltaxi wished there were items, power-ups, or other gameplay elements added, but I disagree; I think having simple and stripped-back gameplay that relies more on natural feel rather than meticulous play blends perfectly with the style this game is going for.

Unfortunately, the staff who worked on Cosmic Smash don't really have many other game credits, not even the game's narrator. The exception is one of the programmers being relative newcomer Katsuyasu Ando, who was soon scooped up by Nintendo to join Koizumi's crew for Donkey Kong Jungle Beat and every 3D Mario since Galaxy 1. If that's not a sign of the talent that went into this project, I don't know what is.

There's not really much to say about Cosmic Smash. There might not be a game whose screenshots make its appeal more obvious.

8/10 (Truly Great)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

GREETINGS. THIS IS CUBELLO. LET'S PLAY THE GAME.

1688446746646.png
1688446807062.png
1688446865407.png
Art Style: CUBELLO (2008)
System: WiiWare
Developer/Publisher: Skip / Nintendo
Genre: Puzzle
Completion Notes: Currently on Stage 5 of 6

Cubello, meanwhile, came out well after Y2K and is part of the Art Style series, one of many "I've heard of it but never played it" franchises in Nintendo's catalogue.

In Cubello, you're given a multi-colored prism composed of blocks called a cubello (I'll use lowercase to indicate the term and uppercase for the game name), with your goal being to eliminate blocks until only the center cube remains. Blocks are cleared whenever four or more of the same color connect with each other. You can place blocks next to the face of any other block in the cubello, but your ability to place blocks is limited and only increases as you clear more blocks; the game ends if you run out of blocks. You can't manually control the position of the cubello, instead the cubello slowly moves towards you and rotates (if it hits you it's a game over), so you need to place your blocks with careful timing. Also there's this roulette and I don't understand the mechanics of how it works, but basically sometimes the game randomly gives you the place any number of blocks for a short period of time.

Yeah...Cubello's gameplay is very difficult to explain, it's one of those games that will make sense as you play it. The biggest problem is getting a feel for the aiming. Since the cubello is constantly rotating and you have no control over its movement, you need extreme precision when placing blocks. Remember, you have limited time and your cursor needs to highlight a FACE, not just a block. It is very easy to mess up your block placements in the short term. Thankfully, between bonus time and just how easy it is to get four blocks of a matching color, digging yourself out of a hole is pretty easy in Cubello. Most of the strategy kicks in at the end of a stage when you're trying to remove the last few blocks, including the new blocks you're adding. Admittedly a puzzle game where educated guessing can get you far sounds like a bad idea, but it's kinda like Cosmic Smash and higher levels of Tetris in that Cubello is a game that works more off of feel than deep thinking.

Cubello's minimalist aesthetics are pretty good, but I dunno, it's not quite as good Cosmic Smash (I think the simple but generic HUD and the vacant background, while fitting, could've been improved even more). The narrator this time is done by a DECTalk-esque speech generator instead of an actual voice actor. I read IGN's review saying that they found the voice annoying, but I personally didn't mind it, I think it adds to the game's flavor. As far as the soundtrack goes the title and menu themes are some great ambient pieces, to the point where they sound like the music a Youtube essayist would use at the 40 minute mark of their video as they're about to deliver the "emotional climax". The remaining tracks are more playful ambient techno tracks; they're good and they fit the tone of the game, but they don't help the game stand out in the same way that Cosmic Smash's OST does.

But yeah, not much to say about Cubello either.The game is pretty short at only 6 main stages, but it contains two special alterations, B and C, for each of the stages (GAME THEORY: Celeste RIPPED OFF Cubello?????), so there is a fair amount of content, no clue if I'll do it all though. It's not a perfect game by any means, but it's a good time. I think above all else, Cubello really makes me miss this era of Nintendo where they were open to developing and publishing a looot of smaller-scale projects with unique ideas/execution rather than focusing on higher-budget titles

7/10 ("This is a Good Video Game")

Last edited:

Mr. Uncompetitive

What makes us human?
is a Contributor Alumnus
Felt like flexing the pearl of my retro collection.
Do you think it's bad if I thought this game was pretty overhyped? It's still a very good game and extremely impressive for mid-1998, but it has a pretty weak cast imo and I have some very mixed feelings with the last third or so of the game, both gameplay and story-wise

Anyways, if we're in the position to flex the rare items in our collections, here's mine that I posted a few years ago

1690326647677.png

PacificMarill

vibing marill-y
is a member of the Battle Simulator Staff

New trailer for P3 Reload just came out.

Also we get to hear the new voice cast in action. Seems they're voice matching the originals and staying close to the characterizations established by the original dub cast.

I like this approach. The new cast is capturing the essence of the original cast while breathing their own life into it as well.
I am lowkey really excited for this, as someone who never played P3. I only played P4G and P5, so this will be so nice! :bellipog:

bdt2002

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs superfan
is a Pre-Contributor
I’ve made a few posts on here before about how I’m looking for more games I can actually enjoy, but I’ve been thinking about gaming as a whole a lot lately, and I think I’m ready to bite to bullet and just admit it. Playing pretty much any video game not only isn’t fun anymore, but if anything it feels like a distraction. A lot has happened in my life over the past two or three years, and when I look around at all of these games I have but never played through, I start asking myself: why do I have them?

People can give me recommendations all they want, and can easily say I need to find something new. But that won’t fix the problem that I’m tired of ignoring. I feel like I have the ability to slowly cut back on how much I play games, but one issue remains. Playing games is the main thing me and several of my friends in different friend groups all have in common. We might not like the same games, sure, but at least they used to be fun to talk about. Some may say it’s because I’m getting older. Maybe it’s because I have too many games available. I personally think it’s a little bit of both of those, more specifically how I would rather work for and actually learn to appreciate the things I have.

I’m sorry for making a post like that’s pretty long and was made without warning, but I felt like this thread was the best place I could talk about how I’m feeling. I want to keep cutting out video games from my daily routine in place of other things, but I know my friends well and know that they will be upset with some of the changes I want to make. My only option right now is just to ask for advice on how to navigate this situation.

I'm in the exact same position. I think it's actually a good thing: a life well lived is not one of constant consumption. Playing a game for its own sake doesn't often make us grow, so I've come to appreciate social aspects more. I'm happy to stream a playthrough of something to my friends, since it's a great way to generate conversation and laughs. I'm way more willing to draft on Magic the Gathering: Arena when my friend is also invested in the current expansion, sharing opinions and moments. Part of that is because my friends are well-rounded people; they aren't identified with any one thing, so they don't take anything terribly seriously (this is why game 'communities' are anything but).

If you aren't having fun, you just aren't. Embrace the life transition, extract yourself from superficial relationships, and find new ones.

I am extremely late to this discussion, but I wanted to bring up the "Most Important Video Games" list, and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate should absolutely be on there. It is the single best selling fighting game of all time, beating all other fighting games on the list so far, and is also one of the most impressive, if not THE most impressive video game ever made. Not necessarily the best, but the most impressive. When is the next time we are going to see Mario, Minecraft Steve, and Sora all fight in a video game while Megalovania plays in the background? I think it has broke too many records to not be on the list.

Also I would swap Highly Responsive to Prayers with Embodiment of Scarlet Devil. Kinda feels like the only reason it is on here is because it is the first. Being the first game in the series does not automatically mean it is the most important or influential. Embodiment of Scarlet Devil was the birth of Touhou as we know it, with the introduction of spell cards and much more memorable characters. The gameplay of HRTP is nothing like the Touhou that we are all used to, and I doubt you can name any of the characters other than Reimu or Mima.

Last edited:

Mex

The last ace in a lost hand
With Pikmin 4 coming out, I got the urge to start playing a game in the franchise again after having not done so for several years

Which lead to me picking up Pikmin 2 for the switch

Which lead to me getting every treasure within less than a week of real time

Thoughts on the game are that it's kinda brutal on the difficulty. A lot of the enemies are extremely annoying to fight, especially the two enemies that they decided could revive if you don't collect their corpse post-death, Bomb Rocks feel really bad, especially when enemies spawn them, effectively making your best option to fight them useless because they will instantly explode if hit by a purple pikmin

Electrical hazards are also extremely overtuned, having an instakill compared to water, poison and fire which have a period that you can save the pikmin affected by them, though this is less of a criticism since there is a way to deal with them

The controls on the game feel awkward after being used to the New Play Control format, I kinda got used to them but never to a degree that i wasn't struggling. This made Purple Pikmin feel even stronger than they already are considering they have the homing dive bomb, though you're fighting most things with them. Yellows are the worst because the high arc throws me off a ton, but they were the second most used for fighting because the high arc allows them to deal with bosses like the Snagrets and Beady Long Legs so much easier

Overall a fun game, but one with major flaws. Some Pikmin are just objectively better than others (90% of the time you're using either Purple or Yellows for fighting, Blues only when the enemies are in water, Whites and Reds only when i'm using every pikmin i brought at once, or when i'm fighting a Careening Dirigibug). You'd think that not having the hard time limit over the original game would make it easier, but the difficulty spikes so much more that it ends up being way harder

TLDR for the spoiler; fun game, has issues, would give it like a 7/10, maybe an 8/10

Not necessarily a new game but I've recently been getting back into "Getting Over It With Bennett Foddy". One of the things I love doing is streaming. But not on things like YouTube and Twitch as I find it kind of hard to make good reactions. I'll sometimes stream to some friends on discord and making the most absurd reactions is something I actually rather enjoy. Kind of always been a fan of putting on an act, if you will. Digressing aside, I honestly find the game to be rather relaxing. I'll put some jazz on if I'm bored and I'll just play this game. It's honestly a blast.

A game I finished not too long ago was Subnautica. Overall a pretty damn good game, made a Blue Oyster Cult reference when I finished the game (if you know, you know.) and just a ton of fun. Music is very good and something I can just kind of fall asleep to.

Kind of want to get back into Final Fantasy XIV again.

Ordered a 3DS from ebay as well as some older pokemon games. So I'll be looking into playing them for some good ol' nostalgia.

PacificMarill

vibing marill-y
Not necessarily a new game but I've recently been getting back into "Getting Over It With Bennett Foddy". One of the things I love doing is streaming. But not on things like YouTube and Twitch as I find it kind of hard to make good reactions. I'll sometimes stream to some friends on discord and making the most absurd reactions is something I actually rather enjoy. Kind of always been a fan of putting on an act, if you will. Digressing aside, I honestly find the game to be rather relaxing. I'll put some jazz on if I'm bored and I'll just play this game. It's honestly a blast.

A game I finished not too long ago was Subnautica. Overall a pretty damn good game, made a Blue Oyster Cult reference when I finished the game (if you know, you know.) and just a ton of fun. Music is very good and something I can just kind of fall asleep to.

Kind of want to get back into Final Fantasy XIV again.

Ordered a 3DS from ebay as well as some older pokemon games. So I'll be looking into playing them for some good ol' nostalgia.
Which games did you get? I also love to play some of the older ones for nostalgia, and I've really wanted to play B2/W2. It's the only one I've not gotten to play

Which games did you get? I also love to play some of the older ones for nostalgia, and I've really wanted to play B2/W2. It's the only one I've not gotten to play
DP and Pt, as well as HG/SS on the way. I already have some 3DS ones that I've kept around since my old 3DS broke lol
(mainly getting the version exclusives because I'm a FREAK)
((not a Math freak though Mathy you can keep that title))

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)