EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- U-turn
- Brave Bird
- Defog
- Roost
[SET COMMENTS]
Corviknights decent defenses, good defensive movepool, and a great defensive typing, Corviknight is one of the best hazard removal, pivot, and walling options in AAA. U-turn allows corviknight to pivot out with its abysmal speed stat into one of its teammates, providing momentum and chip damage. Drill Peck is a STAB move that allows Corviknight to not just be setup fodder and do actual damage into targets like Meowscarada, Great Tusk, and Ogerpon-Wellspring. Defog allows Corviknight to keep its teammates healthy by removing hazards, while Roost allows Corviknight to stay healthy and wall most threats in the tier. Leftovers allows for a bit of chip recovery, providing extra healing which can make it harder to break.

Corviknight's best teammates are offensive pokemon that benefit from its ability to slow pivot into it Azelf is an extremely offensive presence that benefits from having a safe in, as its defensive stats aren't the best. Other pokemon that benefit from Corviknights turning ability are Deoxys-Speed, Roaring Moon, and Chien Pao. Other great teammates defensively include Empoleon and Mandibuzz, as they both heavily benefit from Volt Absorb. However, Corviknight is weak to several common threats, including Gouging Fire, Heatran, and Iron Moth.

[SET CREDITS]
Written by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/genisu.644309/
Quality checked by:

Grammar checked by:

Last edited:

Gimmicky

You give me chills, I've had it with the drills
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Rejected and sent back to WIP, this needs to be nearly entirely redone. I think this is salvagable, so I'm not going to push for a reassignment.

AAA analyses use the following format, do not deviate from this. Rewrite this to match the outline as closely as you can. There is only one paragraph in an OM Mini analysis.
[SET]
[Set Name] (Pokemon name) @ [Item]
Ability: [Ability]
Tera Type: [Type]
EVs: [EVs]
[Nature] Nature
IVs: [IVs] (optional)
- [Move 1]
- [Move 2]
- [Move 3]
- [Move 4]

[SET COMMENTS]
Outline: 1-2 sentence overview explaining the mon's role, 1-2 sentences on important moves, 1-2 sentence on Tera and EVs / items, 1-2 sentences on partners (keep it to 6-7 sentences preferably)

In this section, make sure to include:
- the role that the Pokémon plays;
- coverage moves that affect its role;
- a description of the EV spread in one sentence or less; don't focus on "default" things like maximum Attack investment, do give reasoning behind the benchmarks chosen;
- a brief example of teammates that benefit from the analyzed Pokemon's presence;
- a brief example of foes that the analyses Pokemon is vulnerable to + teammates to help cover them.
- a brief explanation of Tera type (if applicable)

Additionally, do not make changes to the set without consulting QC first. Brave Bird is listed on the Smogdex for its higher power, and is always preferred. STAB moves do not need to be explained unless there are multiple choices with their own merits, nor does a move like Defog or an item like Leftovers need to be elaborated on. This space is better spent elaborating on teammates, use cases, matchups, etc. When writing about a defensive piece like Corviknight, you should give examples of relevant Pokemon it walls. Simply saying it's a wall does not give information on how to use it to the reader.

Mention me here or ping me on the Smogon discord for a recheck when you've redone this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)