Manectric-Mega (M) @ Manectite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Manectric is the primary weapon on the team. His high speed and good coverage make him able to 2HKO a lot of the tier. His main usage is forcing switches and keeping momentum through volt switch, then when threats he can't outspeed are removed and pokes he can't OHKO are whittled down, he makes a great cleaner.

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Defog

He's a great partner to Manectric due to his immunity to ground moves, access to Defog, and can similarly force switches with its access to Intimidate, high speed, and diversity of sets. I've experimented with Stealth Rock instead of Stone Edge, but having a reliable way to damage flying types like Landorus-T (who's scarf variant is one of Manectric's main threats) and Zapdos has proven more useful.

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Ability: Multiscale
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

Dragonite is extremely useful for 2 reasons; high damage, and strong priority. He is able to reliably revenge kill speedy threats like Mega Alakazam and boosted sweepers like DD Gyarados, AND he can survive SE hits and break a lot of walls with Outrage. Assuming you've removed any fairies, he makes a very effective cleaner against a variety of teams. Extreme Speed beats most offensive teams, Outrage beats a lot of balanced teams.

I've experimented with Flynium-Z sets and Weakness Policy sets which make it a more effective wall breaker and cleaner respectively, but I've had the most luck with the balance of the Band set.

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover
- Substitute

Toxapex is a Pokémon I often switch into since there are so few threats that can reliably 2HKO it. I forego Haze since Toxic and Scald are enough to keep most set up threats out anyway, and I added Substitute as a safe option to use when I'm confident the opponent will switch but I don't know what to. Substitute helps it avoid a lot of status moves, things like Knockoff, gives it a guaranteed chance to either Toxic or Scald (depending on which is better for the situation), let's it stall for toxic damage easier, and the 25% automatically heals with Regenerator.

I've thought about using Toxic Spikes instead of Toxic, but Toxapex usually comes in too late for it to be super useful, and the direct access is generally better.

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Flash Cannon
- Ice Beam
- Volt Switch

Magearna is there mostly to absorb special attacks and safely switch in faster pivots using its slow Volt Switch. It's also a pretty good bait for things like scarfed Landorus-T, and can really help against threats like Tapu Lele. I've flip flopped on what Fairy Type move to use, but Dazzling Gleam has been more consistent for me.

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Smart Strike

This is the last member I've added and the one I'm most uncertain on. He's useful as a back up in case Manectric goes down to something I didn't expect since he's a solid cleaner. He can revenge kill just about any weakened Pokémon and is an effective cleaner. He also has a lot of utility with knockoff, and can deal a lot of damage to threats like Clefable that give a lot of my other teammates trouble.

Overall, the team is really fun to use, but obviously has a few weaknesses to look out for. Getting stuck into Dragonite or Kartana can lose the momentum that the team is based completely around, if Landorus goes down, Stealth Rock becomes a real pain, and stall teams tend to just not care too much about the chip damage volt Turn does over time. That said, using this team usually nets you the win if you are able to make the right choices.

Hi Kairyu.gen1, Mega Manectric is sort of a hidden gem amongst the volatile wasteland that is SM OU and fell out of favor due to the reign of Tapu Koko and its immense versatility. However, it does have distinct advantages over it and experienced players know that.
The changes I'd make are the following:

1. :Manectric-Mega: Flamethrower -> Overheat
Although Flamethrower seems to be the superior Fire type coverage move on Mega Manectric, having a 100% accuracy stat and a 10% chance to burn the opponent, Overheat is way more reliable at netting crucial OHKOs on some really important Pokemon, such as Ferrothorn and Mega Scizor. The damage output is very important, as it needs to immediately threaten these Pokemon out in order to work, as that is its most prevalent argument in favor of it, that being that it has immediately threatening Fire type coverage.

252 SpA Manectric-Mega Overheat vs. 252 HP / 232+ SpD Ferrothorn: 384-456 (109 - 129.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
VS.
252 SpA Manectric-Mega Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 232+ SpD Ferrothorn: 268-316 (76.1 - 89.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
and
252 SpA Manectric-Mega Overheat vs. 248 HP / 244 SpD Scizor-Mega: 464-548 (135.2 - 159.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
VS.
252 SpA Manectric-Mega Flamethrower vs. 248 HP / 244 SpD Scizor-Mega: 320-380 (93.2 - 110.7%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO

2. :Landorus-Therian: -> defensive EV spread + Stealth Rock
The moves and idea you are going for here are absolutely correct, but I'd suggest investing more into bulk than into firepower to get more out of Leftovers and to let it perform its role as a pivot for longer. You also have no way of exerting pressure over entry hazards, that in conjunction with the lack of Haze on Toxapex lets this team get completely toyed with by Volcarona.

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Defog

3. :Toxapex: Substitute -> Haze + altered EV spread
You expressed your slight distaste for Haze on Toxapex in your RMT, but I cannot distress enough how little Substitute does for Toxapex and how much Haze does for it. Opting for Haze would mean that you have a reliable and proven way to deal with Terrain Seed Hawlucha (not that the team's weak to it otherwise, but it's a wonky game-plan) and especially Volcarona (outside of Psychic/+ Psychium Z). Going for a bit of special defense and compressing Toxapex's slot would mean to put pressure off of Magearna, which could then run a less passive item.

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 180 Def / 80 SpD
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Scald
- Toxic
- Haze

4. :Magearna: AV Pivot -> Stallbreaker
My first thought was an offensive Z-Move set, but that'd make it too offensive and less reliable at dealing with Tapu Lele and Mega Alakazam. As the team's matchup against stall is a straight loss as there's no breaker, I strongly suggest a Stallbreaker set. Giving Magearna recovery options also highly increases its sticking power.

Magearna @ Fairium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 248 HP / 28 Def / 224 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Pain Split
- Fleur Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Calm Mind

The team has a solid foundation and there is definitely room for evolution here. Just experiment a bit with what what you come up with in the future and what I and others recommend to you and you'll see yourself having a straight A team right here! Have a good one.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)