Vth Gen Pre-Evo Stone Team

So... I kept seeing that people were using pre-evolutions on there team. Wondering why, I asked. Then I learned of an amazing item called "The Evolution Stone". Curious, I researched it. Smogon has a nice thread about the item, and its amazing benefits. Pleased with my findings, I went off to build a team, all of which carry the Evo-Stone, (So, I guess you'd call this a Gimmick team) and while this team isn't "EPICALLY AMAZING!" it holds its own very nicely. (Not Joking, I've actually won with this team... though that was only once, and it was by stallout. Otherwise I loose by 1 or 2 pokemon.)

Porygon2 @ Evolution Stone
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 HP | 96 Def | 160 Sp.D
Nature: Calm
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Toxic

I've seen this one used quite a bit, and it works very well. Shockingly, and much to my surprise, this pokemon sort of turned into a revenge killer, as it has OHKO'd every dragon I've faced, as well Zapdos(I was shocked there...) Recover, so he can keep coming in and killing things, and Toxic for the Stall that seems to come at the end.

Scyther @ Evolution Stone
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk | 128 Def | 128 Sp.Def
Nature: Adamant
- Swords Dance
- Aerial Ace
- Bug Bite
- Roost

My primary physical Attacker. His biggest problem is his X4 weakness to (Stealth) Rock. On a few occasions, if I a stone Edge had missed, then the team would have a few more wins under there belt. While his attack is already amazing, sitting at an amazing 350, SD helps it go up just a bit more, while things switch in to handle it. The only thing I'm unsure of, is if I should remove a few Atk EVs and put it on Spe. Aerial Ace and Bug Bite are amazing STAB moves, both boosted by his Technician ability.

Graveler @ Evolution Stone
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk | 252 Def | 4 Sp.D
Nature: Adamant
- Stone Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

I put Graveler on my team for 2 reasons. One, his access to Stealth Rock, because my team needs the entry hazard support, and 2, his ability Sturdy, which acts a Focus Sash, making him a decent lead. Stone Edge and Earthquake are the fundamental attacks of this Rock Hard Pokemon, while Sucker Punch is a great Priority Move, that when mixed with his 317 Atk, leaves a hole in the enemy.

Chansey @ Evolution Stone
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP | 252 Def | 252 Sp.D
Nature: Bold
- Wish
- Protect
- Softboiled
- Toxic

Chansey, with her move set, and EVs, allow her to easily Stall almost any pokemon in the metagame currently. While she does add more to my fighting weakness, she does a great job elsewhere. Wish allows her to heal her other teammates (though I will admit, I need better timing on when I try and heal my other pokemon.) and it is usually because of Chansey that I win or loose a match, such as when she faced a Drapion, who she couldn't Toxic, and Softboiled wasn't healing enough for her to pass a Wish off to Scyther who was off to the side.

Roselia @ Evolution Stone
Ability: Poison Point
EVs: 252 Sp.A | 4 Sp.D | 252 Speed
Nature: Timid
- Leech Seed
- Sleep Powder
- Toxic Spikes
- Grass Knot

I needed a Special Attacker, but I feel like she's just not cutting it. Whether its because of her poor move set only consisting of Grass Knot for an attack, or what, I just don't know. Leech Seed and Sleep Powder help my keep other pokemon healthy, which is what this team strives to do. Toxic Spikes are a safety precaution, incase I don't have a chance to actually Toxic someone.

Bronzor @ Evolution Stone
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP | 4 Atk | 252 Sp.A | 0 Spe IVs
Nature: Sassy
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic
- Reflect
- Light Screen

Like Roselia, I just don't feel like Bronzor is holding his up his end very well. While he doesn't die quickly, usually falling to a 2-3HKO from someone who doesn't have a Stab Fire Move, he is to slow to get both Reflect and Light Screen up before he dies.

(I'd make up a threat list, but there really is no point, as there are a ton of them!) So... go ahead a RATE MY TEAM!

Wow, Blaziken or Infernape 6-0 your entire team with STAB. Half the team is weak to fire and the other fighting. Terakion and Kerudio aren't much worse.

And yeah, considering the fact that Grass is resisted by 7 types, many of the top pokemon 4x resist it, and the fact that weight diffrences skew damage, I' dsay that makes for a pretty crappy special sweeper.

Only other pokemon I could suggest is Mischievous Heart Murkrow and some kind of Water type.

Why are you using graveller instead of rhydon? Sure suckerpunch is nice, but rhydons defense and attack in comparison to gravellers makes it way more worth it. Also it seems like roselia is there for the sake of it. You dont really need toxic spikes. Shelgon allows you to retain you water resistance and the ability to potentially sweep with his defenses (preferably behind screens) aswell as act as a bulky pivot. Worth looking into imo.

Yeah, someone also mentioned Murkrow to me, as well as Dusclops. I'm still playing around the team, and posted this here for suggestions. Shelgon would be a very nice pokemon to add, and possibly even Dragonair, I'm going to have look into it.

As for Rhydon... I didn't even think of him. *Runs off to replace Graveler*

Needs Rapid Spin. I suggest um, Wartortle?

Evo Stone teams seem much harder than they look, especially if it's stall...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)