Warlight - aka who wants to play some goddamn RISK

ok i joined, idg whats up with the multi day thing though, is that just so you can play without everyone actually being there?

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
yeah, everyone takes their turns whenever they can and then everyone gets sent an email letting them know the next turn is starting

lol, if someone only makes one move a day then the average game of Risk would be over in like two and a half months.

I love this game, but I keep getting crushed on the third single player mission.
Oh yeah I had a lot of problems with that one too. You have to turtle for a good amount time; expand your borders slowly and only when you know you have enough troops. Don't let your opponents surround you.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Oh yeah I had a lot of problems with that one too. You have to turtle for a good amount time; expand your borders slowly and only when you know you have enough troops. Don't let your opponents surround you.
That's playing with fire. Eventually, one of your opponents is going to start pulling ahead and getting major bonuses, and then you're screwed.

When I did it I did pretty much that, slowly built up my borders, expanding when it was safe, except taking africa asap, since there was nobody really around there, and its pretty easy to defend, so I just massed up numbers on the crossover points to south america and antarctica, then concentrated on taking asia, ignoring america, then I pretty much wiped out south + north america when I had high numbers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)