Weatherless Synergy Team

Introduction:
A few days ago I was bored and got into a battle. I faced a Gyarados and saw it to be a really powerful threat to me. As it killed a Pokémon of mine then another and another Moxie seemed to be a really nice tool for this Sea Lord. So I decided to build a team around it. This team uses a F/G/W core and a fast stealth rocker so that Gyarados can get a sweep going without worrying about sashes or Sturdy Pokemon since I don't have Sandstorm. I know this team isn't the best, so I'm posting it to ask for help.

Team At A Glance:

@ Expert Belt
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 48 Atk / 252 SAtk / 208 Spd
Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
- Low Kick
- Stealth Rock
- Psycho Boost
- Thunder

An outstanding lead as well as Pokemon in general. This guy gets the job done most of the time. Low Kick is for those Tyranitar leads and Thunder is for Politoad leads. Psycho Boost is there for obvious STAB and being a powerful force with 140 Base Power. Stealth Rock is an always helpful tool in my game-style and to break sashers and Sturdy Pokemon. The only change I'm considering here is to use my own Focus Sash over Expert Belt or a Life Orb.

@ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Part 1 of my Core. Strong force in the 4th Gen, and the same in the 5th. Air Balloon helps out many Pokemon and Heatran is one of the many. Usually I switch into something that fears Heatran and get up a Substitute which is always great. Flamethrower is there because I was never much of a fan of Fire Blast since it never hits for me ever. Earth Power is there for obvious opposing Fire Pokemon. HP Ice is here for Gliscors, Landorus ( if i have Air Balloon) and Dragons.

@ Leftovers
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 156 HP / 72 Atk / 96 Def / 184 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Bounce
- Taunt
- Waterfall

Part 2 of my Core and the sweeper of the team. Have done wonders with this guy. I run Jolly and Moxie which imo is a great combination. As I have the speed, I get the strength as I easily outspeed then kill many Pokemon and get stronger and stronger. Taunt on this guy is really helpful against Skarmorys and other Pokemon who try to phaze me cause I'm not having that ;). Waterfall is here for obvious STAB reasons. Bounce is here because its a great move with great chance to paralyze my opponent and these moves get good coverage.

@ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 232 HP / 240 SAtk / 36 Spd
- Thunder Wave
- Recover
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Leaf Storm

Part 3 of my Core. This guy is really underrated imo. I like the set I'm using on him. Paralyze my target, then hit hard with a Grass or Fire attack and Recover off damage easy. This guy has saved me a lot of times and I can always rely on him to paralyze a strong threat to my team.

@ Shed Shell
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Brave Bird
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Roost

Not in my core, but always a great Pokemon. Spikes is a great move to weaken down my opponent down EVEN MORE with Stealth Rock so that Gyarados can sweep even easier and get his Moxie boost with ease. Brave Bird is a great STAB move and equipped with Roost to help with recoil. Shed Shell is here so that this guy doesn't get trapped since it helps me out with Excadrills and other threats. Whirlwind is here for obvious phazing since Sturdy if a gift for this guy to survive then kick bitches out.

@ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
- Pain Split
- Focus Blast

With Spikes + SR on my team and needing them to get rid of Sashers and Sturdy Pokemon I realized I needed a spin blocker so I got this guy to do that for me. Sub Gar is actually is really underrated set. Pain Split helps me stall out Blisseys and Chanseys ;) so this guy is a really helpful and quick threat.

Threats: I'll just name the Pokemon who can take care of it.
Big threats will be in red.
Excadrill- Skarmory & Celebi can take those without X-Scissor
Conkeldurr- Skarmory + Gyarados
Hydreigon- Heatran?
Volcarona- Gyarados
Terrakion- Skarmory
Landorus- Heatran can check since I have a Balloon
Chandelure- Gyarados
Haxorus- Skarmory + Heatran might be able to check
Virizion- Gyarados + Heatran
Thundurus- Deoxys can hit hard with Psycho Boost if its alive and Celebi might be able to Thunder Wave it.
Scrafty- Skarmory
Reuniclus- Gengar
Victini- Gyarados
Mienshao- Skarmory
Darmanitan- Gyarados
Keldeo- Celebi
Genesect- Heatran
Tornadus-
Latias-
Salamence-
Cloyster- Skarmory
Politoed- Celebi
Venusaur- Heatran
Ninetails- Heatran?
Toxicroak- Gyarados
Breloom- Celebi
Ditto- Depends
Scizor- Heatran
Ludicolo- Gyarados
Metagross- Heatran
Infernape- Gyarados might be able to
Heatran- Gyarados
Dragonite-
Whimsicott- Celebi + Heatran
Jirachi- Heatran
Rotom-W- Celebi
Gyarados- Celebi
Suicune- Celebi
Kabutops- Celebi
Tyranitar- Gengar?
Gliscor- Skarmory + Heatran if it has Balloon

So please help ^_^

Importable:
Deoxys-S @ Expert Belt
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 48 Atk / 252 SAtk / 208 Spd
Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
- Low Kick
- Stealth Rock
- Psycho Boost
- Thunder

Heatran (M) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Substitute
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 156 HP / 72 Atk / 96 Def / 184 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Bounce
- Taunt
- Waterfall

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 232 HP / 240 SAtk / 36 Spd
- Thunder Wave
- Recover
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Leaf Storm

Skarmory (M) @ Shed Shell
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Brave Bird
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Roost

Gengar (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
- Pain Split
- Focus Blast

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi, it seems that Gengar is the weak link of your team. You list him as a spinblocker. But Gengar is too frail to take any hits. As well, many of its roles are already being fulfilled by another member of your team. Your team has enough offense that it doesn't need spikes and stealth rocks to get kills, so spinblocking is not a necessity. Instead of using a spinblocker, why not use this teamslot to fit a pokemon to deal with what you struggle against? Judging from your threat list, by removing Gengar, the main threats to your team are dragons, genies, Reuniclus, and Tyranitar. Whats somebody that can take on nearly every one of these? A Choice Scarf Genesect. Removes TTar, Reuniclus, and the Latii twins with Bug Buzz/ U-Turn. Removes all the dragons and genies except DD Mence with Ice Beam, and removes pesky steel types with Flamethrower.

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Download
Naive
252 SpA/ 252 Spe/ 4 Atk
U-Turn
Bug Buzz
Ice Beam
Flamethrower

For your DD Mence problem, I suggest switching to a Bulky Dancer with Stone Edge. Not exactly the best way to deal with it, but hey, it works in an emergency.

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Intimidate
Adamant
156 Hp/ 72 Atk/ 96 Def/ 184 Spe
Dragon Dance
Waterfall
Stone Edge
Taunt

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)