XY OU Weavile, The underrated threat (1500 and climbing)

Hey everyone, Showdown deleted all my teams for some reason, so i started making new teams and thought i'd share this one with y'all. I decided to make it around Weavile because...I like Weavile :P

Weavile (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pickpocket
Ev: 252 Atk / 24 Def / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
-Knock Off
-Ice Punch
-Ice Shard
-Low Kick

This is the star of the team here, and he's a power house. The sets pretty simple, Come in on a free switch or safely, then hit hard. I chose Pickpocket for the small chance of stealing an item late game if Weavile is knocked off, plus i just dislike pressure. The Ev spread is to outspeed Greninja, which pretty much makes Weavile the fastest unboosted unscarfed pokemon in the tier. The rest are thrown into attack to maximize attack and the last few are put into defense. Knock off is to get rid of pesky items (I'm looking at you Chansey). Ice Punch is his strongest ice STAB since he can't run Icicle Crash with Knock Off. Ice Shard is for strong STAB priority. Low kick doesn't have too many uses, as its not too reliable, its more for hitting pokemon like Heatran or Ferrothorn on the switch, as it 2HKO both of them. This set is my main way at attacking dragon types in the Tier, as Knock off OHKO's the Lati twins, Can almost kill Dragonite through Multiscale, kills Gliscor and Landorus easily. Landorus-T however does give him trouble, as fully defensive sets and intimidate rob Weavile of the OHKO, while scarf sets can kill Weavile easily, or pivot out and deal damage with U-Turn.

Medicham (F) @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Ev: 252 Atk / 4 Spd / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
-High Jump Kick
-Psycho Cut
-Fire Punch
-Fake Out

Medicham is the team mega, and works real well with Weavile as a physical partner as not many Physical walls can take hits from both of them besides Skarmory. Medichams role is to eliminate Fighting, Rock and Steel types for Weavile, while Weavile eliminates Psychic, Ghost and Flying pokemon in return. The Ev spread is generic sweeper. High Jump Kick is the main fighting STAB with great base power, Im debating drain punch for Hp recovery and no miss recoil but i don't know. Psycho Cut is the strong secondary stab. I chose it over Zen Headbutt because the power drop is not that big, perfect accuracy and high crit rate. Fire punch is for Scizor. I went with it over Ice Punch because Weavile handles all the threats that Ice Punch would hit, and Scizor poses a bigger problem to Weavile, so another pokemon Medicham handles. Fake Out is for free damage, while letting Medicham mega evolve on the first turn to get to its high speed.

Magnazone (N/A) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
Ev: 124 Hp / 252 SpA / 132 Spe
Modest Nature
-Thunderbolt
-Flash Cannon
-Hidden Power Fire
-Volt Switch

This guy plays as my special wallbreaker and Steel type trapper. The Ev spread is to maximize on bulk and power. The speed Evs are used to outspeed Uninvested Skarmory and Scizors. Thunderbolt is the main electric STAB. Flash Cannon is for the rare Sylveon and a secondary STAB. Hp Fire is for they steel types he traps (Scizor, Skarmory, Ferrothorn, etc.). Volt Switch is for momentum if i want to gain some switch initiative while still doing a good amount of damage.

Mandibuzz (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
Ev: 248 Hp / 200 Def / 44 Spd / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
-Foul Play
-Roost
-Defog
-Whirlwind

Mandibuzz plays as the team defogger. The Ev spread is to maximize mostly on Defense, while giving her a little special defense. The speed evs are to outspeed max speed Azumarill. Foul Play is to make sure Mandibuzz isn't taunt fodder and to punish physical attackers and set up sweepers . Roost is for recovery and defog is for hazard removal. Whirlwind is to phase pokemon out if they wanna set up subs and all that.

(Wont let me put a picture of Landorus-T here, if you want to see one lemme know how i can fix it)

Landorus-T (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Ev: 248 Hp / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-U-Turn
-Stealth Rock

Landorus is my stealth rock setter. I used the bulky set for maximum physical bulk to repeatedly set up rocks. Earthquake and Stone edge are used for EdgeQuake coverage, while U-Turn makes a VoltTurn core with Magnazone, with a slow U-Turn to get Medicham or Weavile in safely since they hate hard switches. Landorus also works good for intimidating and getting out quickly.

(Slowbro is in the same boat as Landorus :[ )

Slowbro (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
Iv: 0 Atk
Ev: 248 Hp / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
-Scald
-Psyshock
-Fire Blast
-Ice Beam

Slowbro plays as a Talonflame counter and bulky switch in. With the Assault Vest, He has Overall great bulk, while he still has healing in regenerator and has good move pool coverage. The Ivs are to minimize foul play damage. The Evs are to maximize Physical bulk. Scald is a STAB that has a good chance to burn my opponent. Psyshock is to hit Mega Venasaur and to get passed Sylveon. Fire Blast is to hit Scizor or other steel types. Ice beam is for Dragon and Grass types. Slowbro is usually my main lead, as it can't usually be one shotted, and it can hit a large plethora of pokemon on the switch in.

Changes Made
  • Slowbro-Slowking
  • Gave Magnezone enough speed to outrun Mega Scizor

Slowking (M) @ Leftovers
Ivs: 0 Atk
Ev: 248 Hp / 8 SpA / 252 Spd
Calm Nature
-Scald
-Psyshock
-Slack Off
-Thunder Wave

Threat list
Azumarill- If this thing gets a Belly Drum off, its almost GG if Magnezone is dead. Choice Band sets are usually handled with Magnezone though still a problem.

Bisharp- Medicham doesn't always like taking a Sucker Punch and can always miss, Landorus just gives it a free boost with Intimidate, and Magnezone takes a good chunk from Sucker Punch.

Gyarados and Zard X- DD sets are a pain because i don't have a Scarfer, But i have a fair amount of priority and bulk, as well as Mandibuzz, so just have to stop the sweep early.

Manetric- He outspends my whole team, has all the right coverage to hit my walls super effectively or can Volt Switch out and do chip damage.

Thats my team Lemme know what your suggestions are, don't worry, i don't bite :]

Last edited:
I like this set much more

Slowbro @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Fire Blast
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off

okay I won't force you if you don't want to. but in the future if you want to improve your team, you should listen to other peoples suggestions. you don't have to defend your team so much. after all, 1500 is nothing. the rmt forum is where you get a team rated, you should learn from your mistakes, this isn't a place to show off your team. good luck in the future

okay I won't force you if you don't want to. but in the future if you want to improve your team, you should listen to other peoples suggestions. you don't have to defend your team so much. after all, 1500 is nothing. the rmt forum is where you get a team rated, you should learn from your mistakes, this isn't a place to show off your team. good luck in the future
I listen to people who give reasons behind their suggestions you just said run this because i like it more, thats not a reason for me to use it. Ive done these before i know how to make these lul.

i already said, i'm fine if you don't want to run it. no need to be defensive. i don't care if you want my suggestion or not.

Hey Master B8s, cool team.

Weavile should use Pressure. Pickpocket is extremely situational. He has to survive a Knock Off (I know he resists it, but he is very physically frail) and then survive another contact move, most likely physical, with his 70/65 defense. Pressure will work for every move the opponent uses. It's not great, but it's better than Pickpocket.

Medicham looks fine, Zen Headbutt is an option over Psycho Cut for more power at the cost of 10% accuracy.

Magnazone looks fine.

Can you explain the SpD EVs on Mandibuzz?

Lando-T looks fine, but Knock Off is a good option over Stone Edge. Then again, Weavile likes his Knock Off to be strong.

On Slowbro, I too would recommend the defensive set with Slack Off and T-wave. This set is a full stop to dangerous set-up sweepers like ZardX and it has the physical bulk and recovery to continuously take hits from things like CB Azu. Who are the special attackers that you think your Slowbro can switch in on? With no SpD investment, he takes over half from a lot of special attacks. He can easily be 2HKO'd by Landorus and Greninja with rocks up. If you want a Water/Psychic Assault Vest user, Slowking has much better SpD. Trying to make Slowbro able to take both special and physical attacks results in it being unable to counter what it needs to and unable to switch into OU's most powerful attacks.

Weavile- I switched pressure
Medicham- I explained that I like the Perfect accuracy since the power drop is only 10 bp, while psycho cut has high crit rate, ik I'm not spamming for crits, but it just seems more reliable.
Mandibuzz- The sets a bit outdated, but the 44 lets its take hits from Landorus-I, i might give it 108 though to make sure Landorus 3HKOs him, but yea thats what the EVs are for.
Landorus-T- I debated that to, but I figured Weavile having it was much more useful in terms of damage output.
Slowbro im debating switching to Slowking for a better way for this team to take special attacks, as its quite frail special wise. I would run the T-Wave slack off set with it then, but I'm open for another special wall though :]

Weavile- I switched pressure
Medicham- I explained that I like the Perfect accuracy since the power drop is only 10 bp, while psycho cut has high crit rate, ik I'm not spamming for crits, but it just seems more reliable.
Mandibuzz- The sets a bit outdated, but the 44 lets its take hits from Landorus-I, i might give it 108 though to make sure Landorus 3HKOs him, but yea thats what the EVs are for.
Landorus-T- I debated that to, but I figured Weavile having it was much more useful in terms of damage output.
Slowbro im debating switching to Slowking for a better way for this team to take special attacks, as its quite frail special wise. I would run the T-Wave slack off set with it then, but I'm open for another special wall though :]
Minor point, but since Zen Headbutt and Psycho Cut get STAB, the difference is more akin to 15 BP (120 vs. 105). Also, Headbutt has the 20% flinch chance. Psycho Cut is still a good option for the 100% accuracy though, especially because Medicham is frail.

If you switch Slowbro to Slowking, it can take on Landorus-I quite easily barring Knock Off, so you may then want to switch the EVs on Mandibuzz to full defensive.

Minor point, but since Zen Headbutt and Psycho Cut get STAB, the difference is more akin to 15 BP (120 vs. 105). Also, Headbutt has the 20% flinch chance. Psycho Cut is still a good option for the 100% accuracy though, especially because Medicham is frail.

If you switch Slowbro to Slowking, it can take on Landorus-I quite easily barring Knock Off, so you may then want to switch the EVs on Mandibuzz to full defensive.
Ill probably run Psycho Cut till i get robbed of a OHKO, but for the most part Psycho Cut kills what needs to be killed for Weavile. I have Landorus-T for full physical bulk, and it doesn't hurt to have 2 checks to Landorus-I because its S-Rank, but Knock off doesn't OHKO Slowking so if it stays in it most likely will die to scald. Ill probably go full physical since it takes the tanking off Landorus a bit, since it lacks recovery, and the ice weakness they do share, Slowking eats up just fine

Ill probably run Psycho Cut till i get robbed of a OHKO, but for the most part Psycho Cut kills what needs to be killed for Weavile. I have Landorus-T for full physical bulk, and it doesn't hurt to have 2 checks to Landorus-I because its S-Rank, but Knock off doesn't OHKO Slowking so if it stays in it most likely will die to scald. Ill probably go full physical since it takes the tanking off Landorus a bit, since it lacks recovery, and the ice weakness they do share, Slowking eats up just fine
You're definitely right about the S rank, you should have at least two checks. That said, I agree with all of these changes

You're definitely right about the S rank, you should have at least two checks. That said, I agree with all of these changes
Thanks for the help! i might experiment with a Scarf Landorus-T with SR. It seems dumb at first, but my team doesn't have a revenge killer, and my only two forms of priority are fake out and ice shard, and scizor resists both, plus it seems like a good early game bluff to get rocks up and then grab a kill later in the game with the opponent not expecting the scarf.

Hi Master B8s, cool team!
I have a series of suggestions that could improve your team. Firstly, in the RMT, you mentioned that Magnezone's intended purpose was to trap Scizors and the like. For this reason, I recommend investing 132 Speed EVS; with this investment, Magnezone would outspeed Mega Scizor investing 4EVs in speed. This will allow you to avoid Superpowers, and deal damage with HP fire.
Secondly, you could trial Skarmory over Mandibuzz. Skarmory not only performs the role of stealth rocker and defogger well, but is an amazing physical wall that can Whirlwind out +6 Azumarill or any other setup threat due to its Sturdy. You could also take this opportunity to change Landorus-T's set to a Scarfed Landorus set. This will help you combat Mega Manectric, which is a big threat to your team. However, it is worth noting, that Mandibuzz does get Overcoat which is also helpful.

Mandibuzz - > Skarmory

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
EVs: 124 HP / 252 SpA / 132 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Superpower

Hope the changes helped!

PS: Nice profile pic :]

Last edited:
Hi Master B8s, cool team!
I have a series of suggestions that could improve your team. Firstly, in the RMT, you mentioned that Magnezone's intended purpose was to trap Scizors and the like. For this reason, I recommend investing 132 Speed EVS; with this investment, Magnezone would outspeed Mega Scizor investing 4EVs in speed. This will allow you to avoid Superpowers, and deal damage with HP fire.
Secondly, you could trial Skarmory over Mandibuzz. Skarmory not only performs the role of stealth rocker and defogger well, but is an amazing physical wall that can Whirlwind out +6 Azumarill or any other setup threat due to its Sturdy. You could also take this opportunity to change Landorus-T's set to a Scarfed Landorus set. This will help you combat Mega Manectric, which is a big threat to your team. However, it is worth noting, that Mandibuzz does get Overcoat which is also helpful.

Mandibuzz - > Skarmory

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
EVs: 124 HP / 252 SpA / 132 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Superpower

Hope the changes helped!

PS: Nice profile pic :]
I considered Skarmory, but then i realized it really compounded a fire weakness so i went with Mandibuzz who can do his job with a little better mix bulk. The only problem i have with switching Landorus-T to a Scarf set is he sets up my rocks, and Scarfing him would give this team no entry hazards, i know you don't need them but i usually like to have rocks just to break some Sashes/Sturdy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)