Well, it's UU.

The team is mainly defensive and the little hits from each poke add up and can result into killing them. Status moves also help killing them like Toxic! Yay! Stall!​

The Team

Ambipom (M) @ Silk Scarf
Trait: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Fake Out
- Return
- Taunt
- U-turn​

Always loved using this poke and still do. Fake Out and Technician is AMAZING and with Return (+ Silk Scarf!) is even more amazing since it can sometimes 2HKO if the opponents poke doesn't resist it plus if it doesn't die I can revenge kill with Fake Out later in the game. Taunt to stop the opponent from setting up entry hazards and also other things like status aswell as weather changing moves. U-Turn lets me get the heck out of there when I can't do anything and can swap to a appropriate counter.​

Altaria (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Dragon Pulse
- Heal Bell
- Heat Wave
- Roost​

This some sort of dragon/cloud is my cleric. Dragon Pulse and Heat Wave get really good coverage (don't think it's perfect...) and I might get the lucky burn from Heat Wave. Roost will be my recovery move and will also make me lose my Flying-type for a turn (yay, 2x Ice and neutral to Rock!) which is helpful. Heal Bell is for getting rid of status since I have no status absorbers.​

Claydol @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Earth Power
- Rapid Spin
- Shadow Ball
- Toxic​

Claydol, the clay doll pokemon is my Rapid Spinner. Earth Power and Shadow Ball are my attacking moves. Earth Power gets STAB and is Claydol's primary way of dealing damage and Shadow Ball is for damaging the Ghost-types that switch in when I'm spinning. Rapid Spin, the main move of the set. Spinning away any entry hazards... And with Levitate letting me hover over those spikes (and some of which are poisonous) he is also a Ground-type, letting me resist those Stealth Rocks being laid everywhere if Ambipom's Taunt doesn't stop them from entering the stage. Toxic is so I can hurt those bulky pokes.

Venusaur (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Overgrow
EVs: 64 HP / 164 Atk / 184 Spd / 96 SAtk
Mild Nature (+SAtk, -Def)
- Power Whip
- Sleep Powder
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis​

Ah, Venusaur, a AMAZING pokemon. Putting them to sleep with Sleep Powder... then attacking or swapping to a counter. His two attacking moves, Power Whip and Sludge Bomb are his STAB moves. Power Whip can 2HKO Slowbro and Chansey with these EVs and Sludge Bomb can hit other Grass pokemon. Synthesis for recovery! Luckily, Raikou and Cresselia are gone so I don't have to worry about them. :)

Regirock @ Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Atk / 220 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Explosion
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave​

Regirock is my Stealth Rocker and can also paralyze things. Rock Slide is my STAB and hurts things... Regirock can take hits and has lots of time to lay some rocks down which is always helpful. Thunder Wave is there to prz things and if I'm low on health I can use Explosion and hopefully they'll be paralyzed so I'll be faster and they can't attack me before. Regirock is very helpful to Venusaur defensively, protecting it from stuff like Swellow aswell as helping it sweep easier with Stealth Rock and Thunder Wave.​

Milotic (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Light Screen
- Recover
- Surf
- Toxic​

Always loved this.... uh, thing. Light Screen is helpful for my team as special attacks don't hurt as much so my team will survive. Recover is my source of recovery and using that with Toxic I can stall my opponent out and going back to Light Screen Milotic can easily survive hits. Surf has STAB and damages the opponent and used with the other three moves Milotic can be very annoying to deal with.​

Well, that's the end of my team... hope you enjoyed it!​

This is quite a solid stall team. However, If I'm honest, Ambipom is a poor lead. Fake out is just too predictable, and the lack of Low Kick means Pokemon like Aggron and Rhyperior will just set up on you, or Spiritomb will come in and Pursuit/Sucker Punch you to death. What stall would benefit from is a Spiker lead, so that you can rack up a lot of residual damage, and making the opponent easier to break down. Omastar is one of the best spikers.

Omastar @ Leftovers
Bold - 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD
- Surf
- Spikes
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock

Usually gets one or two layers down. Altaria or Venusaur can absorb the Grass attacks coming Omastar's way. Its also quite usable later on in the game, so Leftovers is the item of choice

I think Milotic needs Ice Beam over Light Screen otherwise Venusaur will just set up on you. Also, Flamethrower over Heat Wave on Altaria. The accuracy sacrifice is not worth the 5 more Base Power

A nice team, and good luck

You can either Drop SR on Regirock for something like EQ, or you could drop SR on Omastar for Knock Off or HP Grass. EQ on Registeel is probably better.

I agree with Alexa888 that an Ampibom lead is poor for this team, but I think that you should opt for a Qwilfish spiker or toxic spiker lead because an Omastar or Cloyster lead leaves you with 4 pokes weak to Venusaur's power whip or Sceptile's Leaf Storm. Toxic spikes are a little more risky because of the high prevalence of venusaurs that can just absorb them with imputiny, but toxic spikes do wonders for stall teams. So, I would reccomend a spiking Qwilfish lead.

Qwilfish Suicide Lead
Jolly @ Focus Sash
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
-Spikes
-Explosion
-Taunt / Aqua Jet / Poison Jab
-Waterfall

This set guarantees two layers of spikes nearly 100% of the time and hopefully a nice explosion. Taunt can block other hazard-laying leads and waterfall can threaten two of the UU metagame's most threatening rapid spinners, Claydol and Donphan, with STAB Waterfall. You can choose Poison Jab for STAB and wearing down another RSer, Blastoise, or Aqua Jet for priority against quick fire types. I hope Qwilfish will be a welcome additon to your team and GOOD LUCK!

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hi,

This is quite a solid stall team, well done. Now, I'd recommend replacing your Ambipom lead with the Omastar suggested above, as Spikes and Stealth Rock go a long way in helping your team to stall out the opponent by forcing switches and racking up residual damage.

Your team is quite weak to strong special attackers, especially Mismagius and Rotom. I'd recommend changing Venusaur's EV spread to a more Specially Defensive one, ideally 252 HP/252 Sp Def with a Sassy nature.

Your team also lacks a Spin-Blocker, which is a vital component of any Stall team, to prevent your precious hazards from being spun away. Since your team is a bit weak to Alakazam, I'd suggest running Spiritomb as your Spin-Bolcker. It also has great synergy with Claydol as it gets rid of Ghost types that could prevent Claydol from spinning. Regirock seems to be the most replaceable:

Spiritomb@Leftovers
252 HP, 140 Def, 116 Sp Def
Calm
- Shadow Ball
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Will-O-Wisp

Good team, well done and gl.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)