What a "Shocker" another Volt-Turn team.

Hey fellow smogonites and smogonettes! It's Cosbykid here with a RMT that is pretty solid but needs some help! As you can tell by the title it is the very popular strategy. It all started when my old playstyle of stall wasn't working so I tryed something new and it works pretty well. Now without further a do let's get into the team building process.

TEAM BUILDING PROCESS

1. When I start team building for a volt turn team I always start off with the designated sweeper (usually physical because of the threat of Chansey). I was researching around for a good sweeper and I discovered an interesting set for D-nite. His purpose is to uhhhh well sweep of course :)

2. Then of course the two pokes that EVERY single volt turn team must have is Rotom-W and . Their job as you may already know is to fuck shit up and cause many un-wanted switches for my opponent. They also have great synergy together.

3. Then I thought to myself every good volt turn team has a hazard setter and one of my new favorites ones was mamoswine. He is here to set hazards and put HUGE holes onto teams with endeavor.​

4. Then I thought " I need a Rapid spinner and a good Rapid spinner is Starmie!! Starmie also has pretty good synergy with my team but synergy is not my goal it is to sweep. Starmie can also be a pretty good revenge killer because of that massive speed.​

5. Next I needed a cleric and a dual screener and the one that I thought of was Celebii. It does have many weaknesses but it can set up an a
bunch of pokes that why I chose him.​

Note* I really feel like I need another sweeper any suggestions/ replacements?

Starmie @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin
- Surf

So this is my rapid spinner and my revenge killer. As you can see max speed and 252 sp att 4 Hp the Evs are for maximizing offensive potential. Starmie is such a good rapid spinner in my opinion because many of the Ghosts that try to come in on it are easily killer and are generally scared of coming in especially Jellicent. Gengar is not super afraid but from experience I noticed that it can't switch in many times. Life orb is to help revenge killing potential. Surf/T-bolt/Ice beam are for great coverage I'm kind of thinking about putting HP fire on there but not sure of that is needed I just dont want to get trolled by Ferro. That's about it on starmie just a simple rapid spinner because having a clear field is very essential for my team to function correctly.

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Probably the most predictable pokemon ever :/. I use to run the Choice Scarf set here but it didn't dish out as much damage as I would have hoped for it definatley caught people off guard. I run 248 Evs because somebody told me that you get more SR switch ins but I'm unsure if this is true. Max attack is for dishing out huge damage with Bullet Punch. The moves are so standard I don't really see a need to explain why I have them. Scizor has great synergy with Rotom-w that is why they're best friends. They team up together and U-turn and Volt Switch everything causing my oppnent to switch and take 12.5% everytime.

Rotom-W @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]

THis is thing is beastly! I understand why it is the #3 in usage. If you think about it I have the #1 #2 #3 most used pokes in OU on my team does that make me a whore? Anyways I really like the choise specs on this bad boy but in some situations I wish I had scarf but when I put a scarf on I feel like it is missing that "oomph" when it hits. Volt switch was my new fav move of 5th gen I really like how they made it special. The evs are to maximize offensive potential. Hydro Pump is very very strong and H-P fire is to stop Scizor, and Ferro but Ferro is mostly found in the rain so it is not as good. Thunderbolt is for when I don't want to give my opponent switch advantage but it is mainly for stopping Sub DD gyarados.

Dragonite (M) @ Chesto Berry
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Dance
- Rest

Have you ever tried this set? If you haven't you should definatley give it a try because it really packs a punch (no pun intended). Most people try to stop Dragon Dance Dragonites by giving them status but with this one it won't work because you can just rest back up and get you multi scale back. This set has great coverage except it is helpless against Heatran so I have to kill that before I can set up my sweep. Dragon Claw for STAB and fire punch for those pesky Steel types. The biggest problem with this poke is it's in ability to take down Skarmory and Ferrothorn. Gliscor is not usually a problem because Ice fang is pathetic.

Celebi @ Light Clay
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd
- U-turn
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Heal Bell

Celebii surprisingly is a great dual screener because it has a scouting move and it's decent defenses and huge HP stat. Heal bell is really "healpful" when my sweeper had to rest an extra time or one of my pokes got a very unwanted status. Reflect and light screen are for well... ya know. U-turn to switch out into my sweeper or get switch advantage. Evs are to maximize speed and HP for longer survivability. Light clay is to have screens for an extra 3 turns then they would normally activate for.

Mamoswine (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Snow Cloak
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Endeavor
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake

Mamo is like the best hazrad setter ever and I wish that I would have used this set in 4th gen. The thing that makes this set so good in my opinion is the fact of focus sash, endeavor , and priority it catches people off guard so much that why it is so essential that my side of the field is clear of hazards so I can endaevor it is also eesential for Dragonite's multscale. Stealth Rock is very important for a volt turning team because if the opponents cconstant switching. mamo is never a good idea to lead off with because of all of the weather inducers have a super effective move to just wreck him with. Jolly is to maximize speed so I can endeavor all day. Mamo is also my electricity absorber he is really good for finding out if a Rotom-w is choiced or not so he can be used as a scout. Evs to maximize physical ability believe it or not Mamo's Earthquake is actually pretty deadly.

THE ENDING

Thank you in advanced for rating this team! I take a lot of prides in my team and would like some constructive critisism! I kind of feel like I need an extra sweeper and was wondering if you (raters) had any suggestions. I hope you liked my Rmt I tried to make it a little bit entertaing with some puns here and there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)