ORAS Ubers Who Needs Groudon?

So back at the beginning of ORAS Ubers there was a certain Pokemon known as Groudon. He was everywhere so I tried to make a team that could counter P-Don in multiple ways without using one myself. And after a few tweak my team became somewhat decent. But I still think it could be much, much better. And so my team is comprised of...

Leviathan (Kyogre-Primal) @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Origin Pulse
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Ground]
This guy was my first choice for a P-Don counter, and Kyogre does a pretty good job (most of the time). He acts as a sweeper and a wallbreaker for my team, which is why I gave it a modest nature with 252 in Sp. atk. Origin Pulse is his best STAB and hits lots of things hard. Thunder is for flying types such as Lugia and water types such as Arceus-Water. Ice Beam is for coverage, and HP Ground is for P-Don when he thinks that he can switch in, and can 2HKO unless Groundon is specially defensive. Max speed is so he can speed tie other neutral base 90s such as Zekrom.

Earth Day (Arceus-Ground) @ Earth Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Judgment
- Recover
- Defog
- Ice Beam
I soon found that I needed another way to beat P-Don, so I went with ground Arceus. He works well with Kyogre by countering Zekrom and can function as a wallbreaker or a pivot. Judgment is STAB that can OHKO most variants of Groudon and recover is to help keep Arceus healthy. Defog is used for hazard removal because of how often I switch out using this team, and ice beam is for mega salamence and flying types that Arceus wouldn't be able to touch otherwise.

BleedingEdge (Scizor-Mega) @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Atk / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Pursuit
- U-turn
Scizor is an excellent Xerneas counter and a good pivot in general. Bullet Punch is for fairy types such as xerneas that would normally outspeed scizor, roost is for recovery, pursuit is for trapping psychics and ghosts, and u-turn is an all around helpful STAB that helps get other team members in safely. The EVs and nature allows scizor to survive almost any attack from a +2 Xerneas and tank other non-supereffective attacks that come his way.

PowerGrid (Zekrom) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Bolt Strike
- Outrage
- Draco Meteor
- Volt Switch
I needed a way to deal with other Primal Kyogre and specially defensive lugia, both of which zekrom can demolish. Choice scarf allows him to outspeed threats and naughty nature allows him to be effective as a mixed attacker. Bolt strike and outrage are his strongest physical STABs and Draco meteor is for more physically bulky pokemon. Volt switch is for scouting and allows Zekrom to form a voltturn core with Mega scizor.

Feed Me (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Protect
Ferrothorn is my mixed wall and my main e-killer arceus and mega kangaskhan check. The EVs give ferro all-around bulk and the nature and IVs make gyro ball as strong as possible. Stealth rock is a helpful hazard that breaks focus sashes and multiscale and gyro ball is ferro's main STAB. Leech seed and leftovers are for recovery, and protect is for scouting and enabling ferro to have a free turn of passive recovery.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 248 SpD / 12 Spe
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Moonblast
I had a problem with set up sweepers such as Salamence and with status, and Clefable solves that problem. Wish is for recovery for clefable and other teammates, protect is for scouting and guaranteeing wish recovery. Heal bell is to solve the status problem that my team has, and moonblast is for dragon types and keeps Clefable from being taunt bait.

So what do you think? I'm open to all suggestions, as long as I can still beat P-Don without using P-Don.
Leviathan (Kyogre-Primal) @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Origin Pulse
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Earth Day (Arceus-Ground) @ Earth Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Judgment
- Recover
- Defog
- Ice Beam

BleedingEdge (Scizor-Mega) @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Atk / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Pursuit
- U-turn

PowerGrid (Zekrom) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Bolt Strike
- Outrage
- Draco Meteor
- Volt Switch

Feed Me (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 248 SpD / 12 Spe
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Moonblast

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)