would you take this course?

An intense course on the inner-game of pokemon battling designed for non-Pokemon majors. Students will be expected to demonstrate practical applications of the damage formulas and practical knowledge of EV/IVs
Material will cover the minium stat/power to take down various pokemon weak to a certain element taking into account statistics and probablitiy. Course will also touch down on battling tatics and predictions. ("Chance of him switching Blissey away from Machamp..100%!" "Surf..to the left side fo the court..80%!!!")
Final will be designing a team modeled on their own Pokemon Thesis from the knowledge received in this course. Along with a 30 page report of the weakness/strenghts, and statistical analysis of their team.
Game Cartridge and Game System are not provided
3 Credit Course
Pre-Requiste: Intro the Philosophy, MircoEconomics, and B or higher in the "EV/IV Compentacy Test"

What other things should be included in the course description?

I don't think I would. A 30-page paper?! Even if it's easy, I hate writing (typing is different).

Maybe something about a weekly aptitude test to see if the students grasp what they've learned that week could be added...

Probably something about the clauses should be in there.

But yeah, 30 pages is a bit ridicolous. You'd have to REEEAAALLLY stretch your scentences to get that out of 6 pokemon.

that's only like 5 pages per pokemon..for a team.

Sample Question:

Aerodactyl has a defense of 250 and HP of 340.
You have a Garchomp with IceFang(yea i know). His atk is 280 and an IV of 15 in that stat(no EVs have been added)
What is the minium amount of EVs needed to 1hitKO Aerodactly with IceFang.
If this is not possible, explain why and list and explain 3 alternative options.

(Forumlas are provided for the Weekly Exams, No graphing calucators allowed)

wth....this is quite funny, i dont think anyone will take this course when you can just browse smogon!

Sample Question:

You have a Garchomp with IceFang(yea i know). His atk is 280 and an IV of 15 in that stat(no EVs have been added)
If this is not possible, explain why and list and explain 3 alternative options.

That's harsh.

Theory isn't enough; you need to apply your skills.

The real "exam" should be taking on the Smogon Frontier. Then you've got a PhD in Pokemon. :P

Sample Question:

How is 5 pages per pokemon ONLY? There's really not that much to write about.

is this a serious course?

but anyway, I think that 5 pages per pokemon is a bit much as it proably takes only 1 page, to a page and a half to explain your theories and reasoning......

What sort of course sets exams which restrict the student in ways in which he would never be restricted in a genuine application of the discipline? Oh, every university course. Carry on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)