Pokémon Wyrdeer

0899Wyrdeer.png
Normal/Psychic

Base Stats: 103/105/72/105/75/65
Abilities: Intimidate, Frisk, Sap Sipper (H)
Notable Moves (Note that most of these are probably notable in ZU):

- Agility
- Calm Mind
- Earth Power
- Psychic
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Stored Power
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

Intro:
When one expects an evolution for someone like Stantler, it seems like all of it has to be nothing but up. Stantler, while its stats aren't that great do have potential to be something when it evolves. And unpredictable mixed attacker with a massive speed boost on evolution- haha lmao good mixed attackers mixed and high speed literally imagine

Pros:
- It's got some pretty unique abilities. Intimidate is of course amazing, especially because it echances Wyrdeer's physical bulk, which we will get to in a bit.
- Sap Sipper isn't a bad ability either, giving a Grass immunity to a Pokemon with not a lot of resistances to begin with.
- 103/72/75 isn't special, but with invested bulk on one side, it can take hits, especially with the Intimidate boost.

However, the Monkey's Paw curled his finger, because all of these have a catch.

Cons:
- It's offensive STAB is actively bad. Especially its laughably terrible options of special normal moves. This makes it completely outclassed by literally any other special attacker in the tier.
- You are wasting your tera on an attacker with 65 base speed. 105 attacking stats aren't great either unless it has things to back it up, such as Dragapult's high base speed and even higher base power moves.
- Defensively, it's a bad typing too. The one thing Psychic is good for defensively is gone. Good luck being exposed to every Fighting Pokemon ever.
- Grass coverage is absolutely rare asides from Meowscarada which can nullify Wyrdeer anyways with a single Knock Off.
- It can Tera to nullify such a bad type combination, such as Water, but Wyrdeer has no niche as a defensive mon as it lacks any utility moves it could ever used to do so. It doesn't even have recovery.

Potential Sets:
Skill (Wyrdeer) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Agility
- Tera Blast
- Stored Power

With this set, Wyrdeer attempts to pick up the slack that Espathra left behind before they were assassinated [EDIT: THE SMOGON COUNCIL WOULD LIKE TO CLARIFY THAT ESPATHRA DIED OF A FENTANYL OVERDOSE.] using Wyrdeer's useful ability in Intimidate, most likely forcing the user out of a switch for a free set-up opportunity. Agility must be always prioritized and used first as Wyrdeer is piss slow, and Calm Mind if Wyrdeer actually wants to hit anything hard. It isn't much, but with enough smart playing on the 1300 ELO ladder, it's honest work.

Tera Fighting is used to hit Dark types such as Kingambit, and Samurott-Hisui, as well as hit Steels such as Magearna for anything. Tera Fairy can be used for Hoopa-Unbound which poops on Wyrdeer thanks to its comically high special defense. Be warned that Tera is a requirement if Wyrdeer is going to do anything because its default typing is bad, and that you will be at a handicap because Wyrdeer will inevitably be worn down because most people will know what you are cooking, and its not like Wyrdeer has anything to reinforce itself such as subbing or healing itself. It makes me realize how broken Espathra is as a stored power sweeper

...Though this is not to say this is a set that's going to be bad in the lower tiers. Credit me when Wyrdeer becomes ZUBL

Other Options:
Use of its mixed attacking stats are better off done with Iron Valiant.

View attachment 520724
Normal/Psychic

Base Stats: 103/105/72/105/75/65
Abilities: Intimidate, Frisk, Sap Sipper (H)
Notable Moves (Note that most of these are probably notable in ZU):

- Agility
- Calm Mind
- Earth Power
- Psychic
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Stored Power
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

Intro:
When one expects an evolution for someone like Stantler, it seems like all of it has to be nothing but up. Stantler, while its stats aren't that great do have potential to be something when it evolves. And unpredictable mixed attacker with a massive speed boost on evolution- haha lmao good mixed attackers mixed and high speed literally imagine

Pros:
- It's got some pretty unique abilities. Intimidate is of course amazing, especially because it echances Wyrdeer's physical bulk, which we will get to in a bit.
- Sap Sipper isn't a bad ability either, giving a Grass immunity to a Pokemon with not a lot of resistances to begin with.
- 103/72/75 isn't special, but with invested bulk on one side, it can take hits, especially with the Intimidate boost.

However, the Monkey's Paw curled his finger, because all of these have a catch.

Cons:
- It's offensive STAB is actively bad. Especially its laughably terrible options of special normal moves. This makes it completely outclassed by literally any other special attacker in the tier.
- You are wasting your tera on an attacker with 65 base speed. 105 attacking stats aren't great either unless it has things to back it up, such as Dragapult's high base speed and even higher base power moves.
- Defensively, it's a bad typing too. The one thing Psychic is good for defensively is gone. Good luck being exposed to every Fighting Pokemon ever.
- Grass coverage is absolutely rare asides from Meowscarada which can nullify Wyrdeer anyways with a single Knock Off.
- It can Tera to nullify such a bad type combination, such as Water, but Wyrdeer has no niche as a defensive mon as it lacks any utility moves it could ever used to do so. It doesn't even have recovery.

Potential Sets:
Skill (Wyrdeer) @ Leftovers
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Agility
- Tera Blast
- Stored Power

With this set, Wyrdeer attempts to pick up the slack that Espathra left behind before they were assassinated [EDIT: THE SMOGON COUNCIL WOULD LIKE TO CLARIFY THAT ESPATHRA DIED OF A FENTANYL OVERDOSE.] using Wyrdeer's useful ability in Intimidate, most likely forcing the user out of a switch for a free set-up opportunity. Agility must be always prioritized and used first as Wyrdeer is piss slow, and Calm Mind if Wyrdeer actually wants to hit anything hard. It isn't much, but with enough smart playing on the 1300 ELO ladder, it's honest work.

Tera Fighting is used to hit Dark types such as Kingambit, and Samurott-Hisui, as well as hit Steels such as Magearna for anything. Tera Fairy can be used for Hoopa-Unbound which poops on Wyrdeer thanks to its comically high special defense. Be warned that Tera is a requirement if Wyrdeer is going to do anything because its default typing is bad, and that you will be at a handicap because Wyrdeer will inevitably be worn down because most people will know what you are cooking, and its not like Wyrdeer has anything to reinforce itself such as subbing or healing itself. It makes me realize how broken Espathra is as a stored power sweeper

...Though this is not to say this is a set that's going to be bad in the lower tiers. Credit me when Wyrdeer becomes ZUBL

Other Options:
Use of its mixed attacking stats are better off done with Iron Valiant.
Why aren’t physical moves/sets mentioned? Not even the signature move is brought up.

Hm. I might edit this thread later so I can add more sets to this Pokemon. I completely forgot this thing had a signature move lmao though it may be hard to find an actual set that utilizes it decently. Couldn't this thing just have gotten Bpress

Laddering with Wyrdeer is very hard, though. I'll try.

Could an Assault Vest set work? This is pure theorycrafting (I think I'll give it a try later), but:

Wyrdeer @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Psyshield Bash
- Trailblaze
- Stored Power
- Earthquake

It its kind of a fake Espathra, and it has a a couple of self-boosting moves (You could swap EQ or Trailblaze for Charge Beam, but EQ hits Steels and Trail somewhat patches up that horrible speed)
With Psyshield Bash guaranteed Defense boost, Intimidate and Assault Vest, could this work?

Could an Assault Vest set work? This is pure theorycrafting (I think I'll give it a try later), but:

Wyrdeer @ Assault Vest
Brave Nature
- Psyshield Bash
- Trailblaze
- Stored Power
- Earthquake

It its kind of a fake Espathra, and it has a a couple of self-boosting moves (You could swap EQ or Trailblaze for Charge Beam, but EQ hits Steels and Trail somewhat patches up that horrible speed)
With Psyshield Bash guaranteed Defense boost, Intimidate and Assault Vest, could this work?
I think AV is ok for it, but you don’t get boosts fast enough to make Stored Power work. I’d rather just run Body Slam for consistent STAB damage + Para and maybe Wild Charge over Trailblaze to hit Corv in a pinch.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist

Wyrdeer @ Assault Vest
Brave Nature
- Psyshield Bash
- Trailblaze
- Stored Power
- Earthquake

why a brave nature if you're also boosting speed?

Wyrdeer @ Life Orb / Expert Belt
Ability: Sap Sipper / Intimidate
EVs: 76 Atk/ 180 SpAtk / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Psyshield Bash
- Trailblaze
- Thunderbolt / Shadow Ball
- Earthquake / Body Slam

Come in on a grass move, get +1 attack with Sap Sipper and either Trailblaze for speed or Psyshield Bash for +1 defense with Itimidate.

Wyrdeer @ Choice Band
Ability: Sap Sipper / Intimidate
Tera Type: Dark / Fighting
EVs: 252 Atk/ 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Psyshield Bash
- Trailblaze
- Body Slam / Tera Blast
- Earthquake

Take advantage of STAB Tera Blast with Psyshield Bash and Trailblaze for +1 stat buffs and coverage. Earthquake for final slot. Tera typing gives you some flexibility as if your opponent can bring their own Wydeer in, Tera dark slaps them up in the face.

A Special Attack variant can replace Psyshield Bash for Psychic, Tera Blast for coverage and typing, with Energy Ball and Earth Power over Trailblaze and Earthquake. Shadow Ball and Calm mind are also there as well.

Last edited:
I think AV is ok for it, but you don’t get boosts fast enough to make Stored Power work. I’d rather just run Body Slam for consistent STAB damage + Para and maybe Wild Charge over Trailblaze to hit Corv in a pinch.
Yeah, I played with Wyrdeer on a team over the weekend (with better results than I was expected, I must say xD) and noticed that too, so now I'm changing moves to deal with some problems it has. The new set I'm using right now is:

Wyrdeer (F) @ Assault Vest
Brave Nature
- Psyshield Bash
- Megahorn
- Shadow Ball
- Earthquake

Wasn't using Trailblaze and Stored Power at all, so I changed them for Megahorn for Dark and fellow Psychics (there's a bunch now that Trick Room is popular), and Shadow Ball to hit Goldy Boi (I swear, I hate that pile of gold coins ¬¬)
But now that you mention Corviknight, maybe I can change SB for Thunderbolt (or Thunder even, but too risky xD)

why a brave nature if you're also boosting speed?
I didn't want to lower the special attack or any other stat, and when I did it I forgot about neutral natures xDDDDD
Though with Trick Room being somewhat popular, and how fast the metagame is, lowering the speed of an already slow Pokemon (comparatively) does little damage xD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)