Tyranitar (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Atk / 220 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Aqua Tail

When someone read my last RMT you might notice I built another team around Tyranitar as trapper. I really love trapping foes á la Latios.
This time I run a Choice Band set to Pursuit because I want to hit his archrivals Politoed and Ninetails. Even if he gets burned Pursuit still deals decent while Tyranitar eats apecial attacks like a boss.
Also Tyranitar makes up a magnificant synergy with Reuniclus, because Reuniclus takes out Conkelldurr, while Tyranitar makes short work of Latias, Deoxys-D and Mew.
Landorus, Forry and Magneton also like the sandstorm-support.
Aqua Tail is a coverage move to hit Hippowdon and Gliscor.

Magneton @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon

The ultimate Scizorkiller.
TTar and Reunclus don't like Scizor. This set instant OHKOes any Scizor with HP Fire (unless it's raining). He also terminates annoying iron birdy, annoying iron tentacle and annoying iron spinner (unless they have a Shed Shell).
Also Magneton adds some nice techs for my Voltturn Combo. Flash Cannon hits annoying hailpokés.

Landorus (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sand Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]

The most important gear in my machine. He is able to finish off teams with Earthquakes ridiculously power while there is a Sandstorm. Also his U-turn provides me with great monumentum due his great speed. Lategame he gets rid of scarfed Genesect. His 101 Base speed allow him to revengekill Burtalanda and Dragonite on a rampage at +1 with HP Ice.
Worth mentioning is, that he can tank some U-turns, which hit Reuniclus and TTar hard. Stone Edge makes Gyarados fear. It also hits many threats at least neutral.
His most important job is to take out Jirachi which is really a pain in the ass for my team.

Forretress (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Volt Switch

He rolls out the layers. Heavy Hazards are important- specially because they cripple Genesect down. The EV-Split allows him to set up among some other things against watertypes.
Technically just TTar really enjoys the Rapidspinsupport. Well bouncing Stealth Rocks away is actually on almost every lineup worth it.
Volt Switch adds another tech to my Voltturn combo. When I predict a Tentacruel switch, I Volt Switch to Landorus, preventing him to bounce my hazards away.

Reuniclus (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock

The heart of my team.
As already mentioned he makes up a good synergy with TTar. He also deals with the blobs, the ponies and is in general pretty hard to counter. Fortunatly Magneton takes one of his biggest foes, particulary Scizor, out consequently. Unfortunatly the other one, Genesect, is tricky to catch, when he spams U-turn all day.

Opponent´s TTars are actually no problem to get rid off. Rotom-W makes him suffering burn hax or K.O him straight with Hydropump. Landorus U-turn and Earthquake hit him like a truck.

Landorus deals with Jirachi and Metagross.
TTar deals with Latias.

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SAtk / 144 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

I picked him at last to cover my major weaknesses. He tanks water attacks thanks to his bulk and resistance, threatens bulky grounds like Gliscor and Hippowdon and supports my Voltturn combo. Furthermore he can burn Jirachi to disturb his Iron Head spamming.
Pain Split serves as pseudo recovery.

-Genesect, Genesect and Genesect. Landorus is able to KO that bitch. But due his massive U-turn spam it's very hard to catch.

-Technician Breloom could be troublesome too. He can easily set up against my team and a+2 Machpunch hits almost everything hard on my team.

Hello again, VictimSanctuary. It's nice to see that you've become interested in VoltTurn, too, but you seem to have too much VoltTurn in the process.

My first suggestion would be for Reuniclus:
Bold: 252 Hp/ 252 Defense/ 4 Sp.Defense
Psyshock, Focusblast, Recover & CalmMind

The simple change from Quiet to Bold nature allows Reuniclus to take physical attacks better while also enabling it to outpace opposing threats like Ferrothorn.

Also, I'd suggest DualScreen Magnezone over your current Magneton to supply more support for your team. While Scarfed Magneton looks good, they die easily; being outpace by more than half the usual Scarf users. Magnezone would support your team enough to keep it from being taken out by weather counters once Tyranitar is gone.

Here's a Magnezone set you could try out:
Magnezone@Lightclay/Leftovers; Magnetpull/Sturdy
Bold: 252 Hp/ 136 Defense/ 120 Sp.Defense
Reflect, LightClay, T-wave & VoltSwitch/HP(Ice/Fire)

At any rate, good luck w/ the team. :)

I'll just point out some weaknesses I've noted in your team.

Sun: The main problem here stems from Chlorophyll sweepers. Victreebel and Venusaur tear through your team. Even if Tyranitar comes in and sets up sand, he won't exactly enjoy boosted grass moves, especially physical. In fact any poke with grass and fire has perfect coverage.

Dugtrio: Even if you kill an opposing steel, Duggy comes in to revenge you. Focus sash variants are especially dangerous, killing tyranitar and forretress, and putting a dent in reuniclus.

The Muskateers: Terrakion, in particular double dance and variants with rock gem, is basically guaranteed to KO a lot. After a rock polish it outspeeds and can kill anything with its gem. Specs keldeo is a threat if it predicts properly.

As you stated, Techniloom can sweep your whole team, especially SD variants.

Once Magneton is gone, Sableye walls your team. Hard. Gengar poses a sizable threat as well. Also, your team is quite heavily reliant on Rotom-W's resistances, so be sure to keep it alive or Tornadus-T and Mamoswine wreak havoc as well as others.

Suggestions: As stated before, change Reuniclus' nature to Bold. The defensive capability far outweighs the smidgen of extra power. Reuniclus wants to set up, not hit hard off the bat. I also think Magnezone far ouclasses Magneton, as you have a fast scarfer already and the steels you are trapping are slow, so extra bulk and power comes in handy.

Change Landorus to Landorus-T. The therian form far outclasses original even if it sacrifices some power, but most importantly it is sure to outspeed the muskateers and base 100 scarfers (scarfmence comes to mind). To make up for power a +atk nature can be used.

Another option is replace landorus with Dragonite. Dragonite is great against sun teams, and along with magnezone it resists every type. Unfortunately Dnite doesn't like Terrakion, except if Multiscales up. I reckon the DD set can be used to make up for lost speed, or the CB set w/ fire punch fits. If you like the change but want speed, change rotom's set to a scarfer.

This is small, but i suggest getting rid of an entry hazard on Forretress and replacing it with an attack like EQ. It means you're not complete fodder and can hurt Magnezone, plus a balanced team doesn't need so many hazards. Hope I helped ^^.

@ CedOmega

Reuniclus was a little mistake of mine. I run a Trick Room set before and I totally forgot to fix the nature. After some test runs with Magnezone, thanks for pointing it out.

After some testruns I must say I'm quite unsatisfied with Magnezone´s DualScreens. Reuniclus doesn't really need Screens to set up imho. And since my strategie is somekindof hit´n run my team technically doesn't exploit the screensupport to its fullest.

@LordAlpaca

Yeah, after some more games I noticed, that Sunteams could give me some trouble. Therefore I have to rely on winning the weather war and to scout Ninetails a lot for trapping him with After TTar takes out Ninetails I actually don't mind if Dugtrio locked and revenged him. Magneton speeds max speed Dugtrio out and Flash Cannon is 2HKO (also very good prediction required).

I totally agree with Specs Keldeo. I faced some of these guys and it is really a had task to take them out. Double Dance Terrakions are quite rare, but I think he is also an admissible threat too. Therefore I will change Landorus to his Terrianform for sure.

Sableyes are indeed annoying. But also Rotom-W can take those on.

Magneton OHKOes Mamoswine with Flash Cannon. Magneton also speeds Tornadus out.

Dragonite pretty sounds cool. But unfortnunatly Multiscale hates Sandstorms. I could give the Choice Band set a try - although that would mean I sacrafice my U-turn monumentum. If I played Dragonite with Inner Focus, he also could stand up against Jirachi (which was the main purpose of Landorus).

Anyways thanks for your advices, mates.

Edit: I will kick Forry´s Spikes for Earthquake as well + putting some ATK EV´s for the 100% OHKO on Zone.

Forgot to mention, a good alternative to Magnezone's set is a ChoiceSpecs set:

Magnezone@ChoiceSpecs; MagnetPull
Timid/Modest: 252 Sp.Attack/252 Speed/ 4 Sp.Defense
VoltSwitch, Thunder/Thunderbolt, FlashCannon & HP(Fire)

Change Landorus to Landorus-T. The therian form far outclasses original even if it sacrifices some power, but most importantly it is sure to outspeed the muskateers and base 100 scarfers (scarfmence comes to mind). To make up for power a +atk nature can be used.
Last I checked, Landorus-T Lost speed in exchange for attack. If speed is more important, than it should remain incarnate forme.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)