You're Never Over

Windsong

stumbling down elysian fields
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

You're Never Over - UU Hail

Introduction
The advent of Gen V UU created a metagame filled with a huge variety of deadly threats, many of which are incredibly overpowered, and capable of curbstomping half of the metagame. Then you have stuff like Chansey, Drought, Kyurem, Victini, stuff that the metagame is incredibly centralized around. In fact, nearly all of the teams commonly seen on the ladder are likely to have at least one of those few things on them.

I made this team with the basis in mind of breaking all of the main common teams in the metagame. In other words, to build a team that could easily manage to systematically take apart opposing Hail offense, Drought offense, stall, and of course, the slightly rarer general non-weather offense teams. This inevitably led to me using some rather strange and gimmicky sets in the early making of this team, including Calm Mind + Toxic Espeon, Choice Specs Kingdra, and LO 4 Attacks Kirikizan, all of which played highly important roles in the original version of this team, leading to the team finally forming a sort of Balanced/Offensive nature, despite Kirikizan being replaced and some changes being made to the rest of the team.

In terms of the success of this team, I've managed to hit ~#5 or so, at 1400+ CRE on the UU ladder as windong and windsong13, and currently rests at 1409 at #8 or so on the ladder. However, the team isn't really ideal for laddering, simply due to some of the strategies it employs (lures, specifically) and struggles a bit against the teams that have popped up later in the suspect period that an absurd amount of answers to Kyurem.

So, as the suspect period draws to a close, I've seen it fit to post this team, to see if there are any thoughts on how I could improve it a bit, and I would definitely be happy if people could offer some advice!

Team at a Glance

~The days are cold livin’ without you
The nights are long, I’m growing older~

Abomasnow@Choice Scarf
Timid | Snow Warning
24 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 228 Spd
~
- Blizzard
- Grass Knot / Wood Hammer
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam
~
Abomasnow arguably plays the most crucial role of any member of my team, in setting up Hail. Hail is extremely useful in the current UU metagame, with hardly anything immune, and more importantly, nullifying the speed boost on Chlorophyll sweepers in the sun, effectively allowing me to beat Drought, and providing passive damage against Chansey. Hail also combines well with Toxic Spikes, allowing me to force out stuff like Milotic, who walls a large portion of my team. Finally, Hail allows me to hit Blizzards at 100% accuracy, effectively meaning that I can spam it after I've removed the opponent's Ice resists (or hell, half the time before I get rid of their Ice resists and just muscle through them between Abomasnow/Kingdra/Kyurem). Abomasnow is also the closest thing I have to a lead, what with team preview making set leads no longer necessary, but to be honest, I rarely lead with him. However, Abomasnow has the useful ability to force opponents who're running sun teams to lead with Vulpix, meaning that I can lead with Kingdra for a free KO.

The given EVSpread allows me to outspeed everything up to neutral natured base 115s, so all I really lose out on is outspeeding Azelf, who I'm not outspeeding even with max speed EVs. I run max Special Attack for the Blizzard 3HKO on Offensive Kyurem (yeah, 3HKO, Kyurem is absurd) or the 2HKO with Focus Blast. The rest of the EVs are placed into HP, with four placed into Special Defense to let me switch in on Stealth Rock four times. Choice Scarf is honestly really cool, and I'm pretty much unwilling to switch it, as it lets me easily get surprise KOs on stuff like Sawsbuck that thinks it can stay in and KO me despite the weather switching. I've been pretty content with the current moveset, but I've been considering Wood Hammer over Grass Knot, for dealing with Crocune a bit better.

~We'll walk this road together, through the storm
Whatever weather, cold or warm
Just lettin you know that, you're not alone
Holla if you feel like you've been down the same road (same road)~

Kingdra@Choice Specs
Modest | Swift Swim
252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spd
~
- Draco Meteor
- Hydro Pump
- Blizzard
- Surf
~
Kingdra finds its place on my team as my one and only Fire resist, something that's pretty much required in the current meta, with Victini and Arcanine around every twist and turn. Kingdra switches on both of them with ease, sporting the 4x resist to Fire, and very nice typing in general, to be honest. In addition, unlike all the other bulky Waters available to me -- most notably Quagsire, Gastrodon, Slowbro, and Milotic, all of which are relatively common, Kingdra doesn't detract from the offensive pace of the team the way those three would. Having tested the team with all four of them, Kingdra is honestly the best fit by far.

However, absorbing Fire attacks is by far not the only thing that Kingdra's useful for. Specsdra is one of the best holepunchers in UU right now, and is almost always responsible for starting off my battles at essentially 6 - 5 my favor. I lure out an answer to Abomasnow, usually something that can also take on DD Kingdra, it is worthwhile to note, and then hit it in the face with either a Choice Specs Hydro Pump or Draco Meteor. I'm almost always OHKOing standard Escavelier and Hitmontop that come in to deal with Abomasnow and dealing around 70 - 80% to Eviolite Vulpix, who either stays in to burn me anticipating a DD set, or switches to a sun sweeper who's destroyed by the incoming Specs Draco Meteor.

Sadly, Kingdra's one downfall is that she does lack bulk, which sadly isn't great because my team has no recovery. An intelligent opponent also won't spam V-Generate with Victini early in the game, often meaning that Kingdra's forced to eat a couple of U-Turns, which add up pretty quickly. Also being vulnerable to all of the entry hazards hurts Kingdra a bit, seeing as I have no spinner, and am entirely relying on Espeon to Reflect back hazards.

~Too late for the other side
Caught in a chase
25 to life~

Nidoqueen@Leftovers
Bold | Poison Point
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
~
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic Spikes
~
Nidoqueen is the main member of the team's defensive backbone, and basically the reason I don't get swept by half of the phyiscally based threats in the metagame. Heracross, Escavelier, Hitmontop, hell, even defensive Arcanine are all handled by Nidoqueen. I even can take a CB V-Generate from Victini if I'm at full HP, letting me proceed to set up Rocks or KO it with Earth Power. Nidoqueen also provides key support for my main offensive core of Abomasnow/Kingdra/SubKyurem in the form of Toxic Spikes, which lets those guys break through Slowking, Slowbro, Milotic, and of course, the pink blob herself, Chansey. Toxic Spikes also help me deal with stuff like opposing SubKyurem and StallBreaker Mew, both of whom are a bit of a problem for the team, as I normally have to pivot around a lot or sacrifice something to beat them if I don't have TSpikes up.

Nidoqueen's coolest point though is probably the ability to switch in on the premier Rapid Spinner of the tier, Hitmontop, and I can wear him down by setting up hazards as he spins and inevitably gets poisoned after a few turns. Combined with Hail and/or Life Orb damage, as a fair amount of Hitmontop are running LO Technitop sets so as to better deal with Kyurem. As you may have noticed by this point, Nidoqueen does subtract from the offensive momentum of the team, and while that's a slight problem, I honestly prefer losing the tempo of the match to having to use Nidoking, as the difference in bulk between the two is huge, and using Nidoking would leave me extremely vulnerable to scarf Heracross and Escavelier.

~No apologies, nah suckers I'm not sorry
You can all sue me, y'all could be the cause of me
No apologies, not even acknowledging you at all
'till I get a call that god's coming~

Espeon@Leftovers
Timid | Magic Mirror
232 HP / 24 SpA / 252 Spd
~
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fight]
- Calm Mind
- Toxic
~
Espeon makes a debut on my team, keeping the field clear of hazards, which is incredibly important in allowing my central core of sweepers, all of whom are hit by all the entry hazards (and two of whom are hit super effective by Rocks). Espeon is also my team's greatest weapon against stall, which will struggle to predict correctly against me, and will be taking a risk setting hazards until they've gotten rid of Espeon. Meanwhile I can safely set up Calm Mind boosts against the majority of most common stall teams. In addition, while a Rapid Spinner may be the superior option, just in case I make a rather foolish move that causes the opponent to be allowed to set Rocks up. However, no common Rapid Spinners can easily take repeated hits from fighting types, or manage to survive scarf Blizzards from opposing Kyurem.

The EVs and moves are weird, I admit that. Really weird, in fact, but they all have their uses. Toxic helps me wear down Specially bulky Mew, who can be a bit of a problem for my team if I haven't managed to set up TSpikes yet, or they were spun/absorbed away. Toxic also puts Chansey in a bit of a dilemma - I can weaken Chansey to the turn just before they're about to heal then switch out, and bring in Heracross when they're around 50-60%. This lets me force out Chansey, who's taking heavy damage upon entry, and can then be broken down by another member of the team with relative ease. The EVs I run are enough to take two Close Combats from Scarfcross, iirc, and also let me take three Seismic Tosses from Chansey or Night Shades from Mew and live, even with Hail up. I plug the remaining EVs into Special Attack for hitting Kyurem harder and OHKOing bulky Kirikizan with Hidden Power.

~You show me nothing but hate
You ran me into the ground
But what comes around goes around
I don’t need you no more~

Heracross@Choice Scarf
Adamant | Guts
44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spd
~
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
~
Heracross is basically the glue of the team. He hits ridiculously hard, especially if I can manage to get statused, and outspeeds a huge amount of the metagame. This lets me revenge pretty much everything that's not boosted in speed, and also lets Heracross play a key factor in cleaning up lategame. In addition, Heracross curbstomps like half of the meta (yeah, he's one of those Pokes) and a huge amount of teams out there are ridiculously unprepared for dealing with STAB Megahorns and Close Combats. And the combination is practically unresisted, and the majority of the stuff that resists Megahorn and CC is either 2HKO'd by Megahorn anyways (Mismagius) or handled pretty well by the rest of the team. Finally, it's really helpful that Kingdra lures in Hitmontop and (lol) some bulky Arcanine on sun teams pretty well, and neither of them is able to stand up to Heracross's assaults after eating the specs Draco Meteor.

I run a pretty standard spread, enough speed to outrun Aerodactyl or something like that and take it out with Stone Edge, and in general Heracross is just really good in the meta right now and there's no reason not to use him.

~So bat ya eyelashes, and keep winking and blowin' kisses
'Cause your flirting with death, I'm destroying your livelihood
I ain't just hurting your rep, I catch a flow and get goin'
No remorse, I'm showin', they slowin' for no one~

Kyurem@Leftovers
Modest | Pressure
52 HP / 252 SpA / 204 Spd
~
- Blizzard
- Substitute
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast
~
Kyurem is the most broken son of a bitch in all of UU. Victini is nothing to this guy. Neither is Drought. Heck, nothing is really. He's got a BST of 660, defensive stats that rival those of dedicated walls, and hits like a frickin' freight train. Blizzard 2HKO's basically everything not named Chansey (and physically defensive sets take ~25%+ easily) that doesn't resist. Dragon Pulse and Focus Blast cover everything else basically, Focus Blast hitting all Steels common in UU for a 2HKO at worst, with Dragon Pulse 2HKOing basically everything else. Substitute helps me abuse Toxic Spikes to their fullest, and easily lets me wear down stuff that actually tries to wall me. Some other cool things include the EVspread, which lets me get 101 hp Substitutes, meaning that Mew and Deo-D aren't breaking my Substitutes with Night Shade, and Chansey isn't breaking them with Seismic Toss either. The loss in speed doesn't really matter as I only really send Kyurem in lategame, when I know that I have a pretty clean sweep available.

My entire team supports Kyurem really really well, with Kingdra luring in many Pokemon that attempt to revenge Kyurem, Toxic Spikes from Nidoqueen allowing me to sweep past Chansey, and Espeon helping wear down Chansey and reflecting all the entry hazards that heavily damage Kyurem. Finally, Abomasnow of course sets hail up, allowing me to annihilate half the meta with Blizzard. Oh yeah and we should ban Kyurem from BW UU.

Credits
Delta 2777 - Delta helped me a ton with making this team, which was really cool of him, and encouraged me a ton all through the laddering period.
Zeph - You're one of the coolest guys out there, and you helped me a ton with perfecting some little glitches in the team, and finishing it up.
PttP - You're new username sucks change it back. Also you're a cocky and arrogant 14 year old but awesome and can actually back your talk up, so who caressssssssss!
Eternal - I talked a lot with you about Gen V UU, and you're a really cool guy and I was glad to finally talk with you intelligently rather than just trolling Teamuber like I used to~
Folgorio - Foololgrio more like. But whatever!!!! You seem to be a pretty cool guy and not nearly as insane as PttP, so it was cool to talk with you a bit lately!
#genvuu - All you guys were really helpful in making this team, even if it was just random dumb comments from Snunch most of the time! (Nah kidding, it was only dumb comments from Snunch some of the time. Most of them were from PttP. xD )
#moof - Joel, Muffin, Solace <3

Also listen to Eminem music cause it's really good! (The name of the RMT comes from the Eminem song "You're Never Over")

End

Windsong

stumbling down elysian fields
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Threatlist
Small Threat
Moderate Threat

Aerodactyl - Heracross can beat LO sets, and I can pivot around a bit and weaken it between LO recoil and Hail.
Azumarill - Kyurem deals a ton of damage with Dragon Pulse, Kingdra OHKOs, and Abomasnow can deal a ton of damage too. Not that common anyways.
Empoleon - Espeon reflects rocks, Heracross can outright KO with Close Combat, Nidoqueen can't take hits well, but can do a fair amount of damage to it.
Raikou - Heracross can revenge, Toxic Spikes stop it from setting up, Abomasnow can take anything other than Aura Sphere, as can Kyurem, Espeon can CM up alongside it, and Nidoqueen can handle it as a last resort.
Flygon - Prediction is pretty key, but basically I play resistances until it's weakened enough. It almost always U-Turns early too, so I can set up free subs and Meteor stuff with Kingdra easily without risking too much damage.
Kyurem - Kyurem is broken, that should be relatively obvious to anyone who's played much UU this suspect period. However, I check it pretty well between Kingdra, Abomasnow, and Heracross, and my own Kyurem can also often force it out by threatening a scarf set before they know I'm sub.
Houndoom - worn down really easily by hazards. Kingdra can beat it even if sun's up. Espeon can play mind games with it, forcing it to choose between sucker punch and pursuit, and either dying or facing a counter if they predict wrong. Heracross and Abomasnow can revenge.
Vulpix - Ok, Vulpix is pretty interesting, because it in itself isn't really a problem, it's more of what it represents, Drought. However, against Drought teams, I always lead with Kingdra, netting me an instant free kill or free 70%+ damage against Vulpix, allowing me to win the weather war remarkably easily lategame.
Charizard - Get rid of Sun, then send in Kyurem and kill it. Kingdra and Espeon can also take it, and non scarf sets are revenged easily by Heracross and Aboma.
Emboar - Emboar is a bad Pokemon, and Kingdra beats it, Espeon can switch in on fighting moves, Kyurem does a ton of damage to it, and it's also setup bait for Nidoqueen if it's running too much bulk and not enough attack.
Victreebel - Victreebell is only on Sun teams, so not too much of a problem, as I deal with sun really well. Abomasnow can switch in on anything it was to offer other than Sludge Bomb and KO with Blizzard, whilst shifting the weather into my favor. Heracross can deal a ton of damage, and Kyurem KOs it handily, and can also scare it out to set up a sub. Espeon can reflect Sleep Powder and set up against it too.
Tangrowth - Basically the same as Victreebell, except a lot of them are physically based. This is okay, however, as it means that in addition to Abomasnow and Kyurem wrecking it, Nidoqueen can also set up a little bit against it.
Altaria - Altaria's kind of a joke, I thought; if you really want to counter weather focus on stuff that actually beats the sweepers, not just random stuff that nullifies the weather. Anyhow, all this does is make it so that Blizzard doesn't hit 100% of the time, so I just spam Ice Beam from Aboma and Dragon Pulse/Draco Meteor from Kyurem and Kingdra respectively. Nidoqueen can also set up on physical sets that aren't running DD or weaker mixed sets.
Kingdra - DD Kingdra are taken apart by passive damage and the team as a whole, and revenged pretty easily by Heracross. They also really don't get all that much setup room, and Nidoqueen's Toxic Spikes prevent setup from sets that don't run Lum (and are thus vulnerable to Hail). However, Specs sets can punch solid wholes in my team, but I'm honestly the only person I've known to use Specsdra on the ladder.
Escavelier - Escavelier is annoying because it resists Blizzard, but it's basically OHKOd or 2HKOd by everything else. Nidoqueen can switch in on Megahorn and threaten the KO with Fire Blast or set up, Kingdra can switch in on Iron Head and Hydro Pump for the KO, and Kyurem 2HKOs with Focus Blast anyways. Hazards and hail damage also hurt Escavelier a bit. Sort of annoying that it can trap Espeon though.
Dusknoir - Lol, people actually use this? Free setup for Espeon, Nidoqueen, Kyurem, etc. Heracross can switch in on a WoW for a free Guts boost, which is pretty cool, but I normally save Heracross for later in the game instead of switching in recklessly on stuff that I can't really touch.
Mew - Sigh, can we ban this along with Kyurem? Most sets are okay to face, with Baton Pass getting destroyed by sub Kyurem (I hit the switch in from the Pass with Dragon Pulse then stall with Sub for a bit wearing it down and waiting until the opponent's screens wear out, usually). The only set that's kind of annoying is the Specially Defensive Stallbreaker set, but Toxic Spikes and Heracross can beat it, as can Kyurem if I play right.
Azelf - Lead sets are beaten by a combination of Abomasnow + Espeon + Heracross, and any set that attempts to sweep me midgame will be met by Heracross.
Deoxys-d - Deo-d is an interesting little Pokemon, and one that usually works to my advantage. First off, I lure the Taunt with Nidoqueen, and then switch in to Espeon reflecting either Taunt or Spikes. If I reflect Spikes, then I Toxic it, and if I reflect Taunt, then I go back to Nidoqueen and set up. Also, Heracross beats it, it doesn't like taking hits from Abomasnow or Kingdra, and it can't break Kyurem's subs in one hit.
Wobbuffet - It can kill my scarfers, I guess, but it isn't really a problem and can't really switch in on anything easily. Kyurem can set up a Sub against it, and Nidoqueen can set up Rocks and TSpikes against it as well. But yeah, it's annoying (I'll probably vote to ban it).
Honchkrow - Blizzards coming from all sides are not exactly an ideal environment for Honchkrow to attempt to sweep in.
Togekiss - See Honchkrow
Spiritomb - Nidoqueen sets up on Spiritomb forever basically, and Spiritomb can't really do anything back. Kyurem can set up a sub on it, Kingdra can outright OHKO physically defensive sets really easily with Hydro Pump or Draco Meteor, and finally, it really doesn't like taking hits from Abomasnow. It can trap Espeon though, which sucks.
Heracross - Nidoqueen and Espeon are my two fighting resists, and of them, only Nidoqueen can really switch in safely on Heracross. It's okay though, since Heracross isn't gonna be breaking through Nidoqueen any day soon, and I can easily set up against it. My own Heracross can revenge lategame, and depending what move it's locked into, various stuff can switch in on it.
Zapdos - My entire team sort of kills Zapdos. Espeon can switch in on the SubRoost sets and if lucky, bounce back a toxic that permanently cripples them. Nidoqueen can also set up on the SubRoost sets really easily. Finally, with Blizzards flying everywhere between Abomasnow and Kyurem, Zapdos has a hard time switching in, and it can't really do much to Kyu anyways.
Snorlax - It's annoying that it absorbs Blizzards like they're nothing, but Kyu's 3HKOing it anyhow with Focus Blast, and Dragon Pulse also does a fair amount. Since Snorlax has no reliable recovery, Nidoqueen can deal some damage to it that it can't recover off without becoming a sitting duck, and Heracross of course destroys it as well. Also Kingdra deals ~60% damage to it with DM and 3HKOs easily with Hydro Pump. Finally, Nidoqueen can set up against it pretty well, being 5HKOed by the attacks that common Curselax offer.
Roserade - Espeon stops it from setting up, as well as deals a hefty amount of damage to it with Psychic and sets up on it easily through use of Calm Mind. Blizzards deal a ton of damage to it too, and Heracross can come in and kill it with Megahorn or Pursuit. It can't really switch in to anything other than Nidoqueen, and even that's sort of difficult, as Hail + Fire Blast + Rocks adds up quickly.
Celebi - Blizzards, Megahorn, etc. It's never going to sweep me, really, but it can be sort of annoying, to be fair. I can handle SD and NP sets with complete ease though, so it's not all that much of a problem. Only weird sets with Rocks and stuff are annoying.
Victini - Kingdra is my only true counter, so to speak, if Victini even has a true counter in UU right now. I take ~25% from CB V-Generate outside of Sun, and can revenge it really easily with pretty much all of my team. However, it's really annoying and I'll be happy once either it or sun is gone, since frankly, they break each other.
Hitmontop - Espeon and Nidoqueen deal with it pretty well, and it doesn't really do anything other than Spin anyhow. Hell, Nidoqueen can even set up against it, because it poisons itself through Poison Point pretty quickly and I just keep setting Rocks till it's either forced out or rests, then I switch to Kyurem if it Rests or just play from what they switch out to. Also it doesn't take repeated Blizzards well at all.
Bisharp - If it switches into Kyurem, it'll be met with Substitute, and then I just Focus Blast and get rid of it. If Focus Blast misses, I just play the prediction game and sub as he Sucker Punches etc etc. Espeon can also force him to play guessing games, and as most Pursuit, can normally eliminate it. Nidoqueen sets up against Bisharp, and Kingdra outright KOs it, though must be careful of Sucker Punch, which hurts. Abomasnow OHKOs with Focus Blast.
Jolteon - I don't think I've run into any of these, but they can't OHKO Kingdra whereas I OHKO them, Kyurem can set up against most of its attacks, Abomasnow takes basically nothing from its attacks, choiced Thunderbolts and Volt Changes are easily switched into by Nidoqueen, and Espeon can reflect back weird stuff like Yawn.
Smeargle - Espeon reflects the Spore back at it, but normally I just play it like any other Baton Passer, switching in Kyu and subbing, and then destroying the receiver. Spikes/Rocks sets are basically nonexistent, but Espeon can get rid of them really easily. Finally...it's Smeargle, basically everything on the team can wreck it.
Sigilyph - Sigilyph is basically the only reason that I run Modest Kyurem over Timid Kyurem, who's probably more useful in the long run for speed ties and stuff. I still 2HKO it at +1, even if it tries to boost to +2 against me, and the rest of my team can also wear it down a bit over time. Magic Guard sucks though.
Zoroark - Mostly people are really bad at disguising this, and TSpikes and Rocks help a ton, so I can usually figure out which Pokemon is Zoroark. Otherwise, I may lose one Poke, but it's really a non-issue, since it can't really sweep me very well due to its lackluster base speed.
Quagsire - Isn't really that bulky and hates taking specs Draco Meteors from Kingdra and Blizzards from Kyurem. Grass Knots from Abomasnow and Toxics from Espeon also hurt it. Not really a threat.
Nidoking - Nidoking can't switch in on anything, even Heracross, who does a fair amount of damage to it, since most are offensively EV'd. In general, it's setup bait for Kyurem, and the every member of my team other than Heracross is literally capable of OHKOing it. Another one that isn't an issue.
Arcanine - Arcanine is pretty annoying to face, but with morning sun's recovery nerfed in Hail, it's not too much of a problem. Taking repeated Blizzards hurts, as does Rocks and Toxic Spikes, and Kingdra is capable of forcing Arcanine out and hitting the switch in really really hard with Draco Meteor. Nidoqueen can take on the defensive sets and come out on top, or at least set up several layers of hazards before dying, and Heracross can revenge it easily.
Gorebyss - See Mew/Smeargle; basically another Baton Passer but without the threat of Spore.
Dugtrio - Dugtrio doesn't really trap anything on my team other than Focus Blast locked Abomasnow (who deals a ton of damage to it) and Kyurem not behind a sub. Nidoqueen is technically also trapped and hit for SE damage, but it really doesn't matter, since even Adamant CB (and no one runs that) Earthquake isn't even hitting for more than 80% tops or so, so I can take it out with Earth Power or set up Rocks.
Yanmega - I haven't run into any yet, but Rocks I guess, and Blizzards. Yanmegas don't like taking Blizzards.
Lilligant - Lilligant is almost entirely exclusive to sun teams, and I normally handle them somewhat like this: First off, I switch to Espeon, and reflect the Sleep Powder, effectively getting rid of Lilligant for a few turns. Then I go to Abomasnow and restart Hail and threaten it with Blizzard. From there I pivot back to Kingdra as they bring in Vulpix, as then Draco Meteor, forcing them to either bring in their Dragon resist (for the second time, at least, as this will have already happened at the beginning of the battle), or forcing them to sacrifice something to take the meteor.
Staraptor - Currently hands down one of the most broken Pokemon in UU, 2HKOing literally the entire metagame between Close Combat and Reckless boosted Brave Bird. However, CB sets die turn 1 to Abomasnow, since they usually lead with them once they see Aboma, and Kingdra can take a hit if necessary. Scarf sets don't pack all that much power, but are a bit harder to deal with. Thankfully, Rocks hurt them a lot, and Nidoqueen can take a hit or two if I'm in a bind.
Drapion - It takes away my TSpikes, but other than that, it doesn't really hurt the team at all.
Slowbro - SLowbro is an interesting Pokemon, handling a huge number of metagame threats with remarkable ease. However, due to the anti-meta nature of my team, I possess only one Pokemon that Slowbro is capable of damaging; Nidoqueen, and everything else can eliminate Slowbro easily. And since all Slowbro are physically defensive, it's taking ~30%+ from Abomasnow's Blizzards.
Shaymin - My team is basically as anti Shaymin as can get (sorry Ciele. >_< ) But seriously, Shaymin loses to all of my Blizzarders, Espeon can beat some sets, and Heracross can revenge it really easily with STAB Megahorn, which also hits common switch ins really hard.
Chansey - Chansey's the most annoying pink blob ever created by Nintendo. I mean, at least Kirby was sort of cute, but this thing is just annoying. It lives freaking Close Combats from Heracross for God's sake. However, Hail + Rocks + TSpikes wears it down really fast, and Pursuit on Heracross means that if I can catch it at the right time, it won't be able to switch in and wall me well.
Mamoswine - I literally haven't even seen one of these, but I assume that it wouldn't like taking Blizzards (unless it was Thick Fat Mamo, but honestly it's really rare as it is) and Heracross can revenge kill it with Close Combat. Kyurem can DPulse it, and if it's locked into Superpower or Stone Edge, Nidoqueen sets up on it. Kingdra can live a hit and take it out with any of its attacks.
Registeel - Registeel's sort of annoying to play against, but normally i switch in with Espeon and reflect Rocks soon as possible, getting rocks up against my opponent and preventing him from doing the same to me. From there on, I damage it a little with Hidden Power, go to Heracross and threaten the KO with Close Combat, double switch to Kyurem, and Focus Blast followed by Blizzard to KO the Registeel switch in. Annoying, but doable.
Suicune - Suicune can set up CMs on stuff, but not easily, and TSpikes make it so that I can take it out with Kyurem before it sets up too much. Heracross can do a fair amount of damage to it if need be, but normally I'm able to beat it with Kyurem. Suicune also hates taking specs Draco Meteors.
Weavile - Kingdra destroys it, and if it's CB, I can pivot around really easily to beat it.
Cobalion - My best answer to Cobalion is easily Nidoqueen, who walls the physical sets, sets up on those without Taunt, and can sometimes even beat CM sets. Heracross revenges it without much difficulty through use of Close Combat, and Espeon can switch in on Focus Blast and deal a ton with HP Fighting or set up alongside it. Cobalion also doesn't take specs Hydro Pumps well, and even repeated Dragon Pulses and Blizzards wear it out fast.
Milotic - Milotic absolutely hates Toxic Spikes, since most of them run Recover instead of Rest. The ones that run Rest would be a problem, but they can't immediately recover from Kingdra's Draco Meteor, which is doing 70%+, easily 2HKOing it. However, Milotic is sort of troublesome lategame occasionally, but all I really have to do to beat it is keep Toxic Spikes down.
Abomasnow - Abomasnow sucks what sort of noob uses it. Nah, jk, obviously, but it can't really hurt much of my team, with Espeon reflecting Leech Seed from defensive Abomasnow and the rest of my team demolishing it with their respective STAB and super effective moves. Nidoqueen even OHKOs 252/0 Abomasnow with Fire Blast.
Durant - Nidoqueen is probably my best answer, but Durant isn't that durable, despite its name, and thus doesn't take repeated hits from any of my offensive core, specifically Kingdra, well.
Xatu - Blizzspam let's get it. Xatu is sort of annoying cause it can Reflect my hazards, but it means that if I double switch intelligently, I'm able to get a ton of free subs up with Kyurem cause Xatu isn't going to ever stay in against me.
Nidoqueen - Nidoqueen is really bad against my team, as all it really does it sponge hits from my Heracross. Everything else does a ton of damage to it, even my own Nidoqueen, who beats the common defensive EV spreads easily due to using Earth Power instead of Earthquake.
Mismagius - What is Mismagius going to switch in on, honestly. The one vulnerable Pokemon on my team, Nidoqueen, even does a ton of damage to it with Fire Blast, and all that damage adds up really quickly. The rest of my team handles it pretty well though.
Rotom-h - Specially defensive sets are annoying, cause they can tank Blizzards really well. However, Kingdra beats all Rotom-h sets, and a huge amount of them stay in to either Trick or WoW me. Kyurem hits it hard with Blizzard, and Heracross hits it hard with Close Combat. Choiced sets are set up on by Nidoqueen. Relatively easy to handle.
Donphan - Blizzarddddddddd! And Espeon can also reflect Rocks with Magic Mirror, and 2HKOs most Donphan.

Is there a reason you are using Poison Point over Sheer Force on Nidoqueen?

With Sheer Force and Earth Power + Ice Beam, you get excellent coverage and a welcome boost in offensive presence. You could even get phazing going with Dragon Tail.

Solid team otherwise, but I would be wary of having half your mons Choiced.

Eevee, did you really need to quote eminem lyrics for every pokemon =P

but anyways,you don't have a spinner, which could be a problem if you predict poorly, or if espeon is ouu. Also, having half of your team choiced could be bad, but it may work, and honestly i don't think you need choiced abomasnow. I would go for subseed. You also may want to have have a phazer, because it really helps deal with sigilyph, which can be a pain when it sets up.

Otherwise, it looks like a good team

As a side note, Sheer Force is illegal with Stealth Rock anyway.

I recommend changing Psychic to Psyshock on Espeon. Your team looks like it has moderate problems against Chansey and Suicune if toxic spikes arent present for some reason (absorbed, spun, etc), and Psyshock will win you CM wars. If you want extra insurance you could consider Dragon Tail over Focus Blast on Kyurem, as you have multiple safe switches into Empoleon and Registeel anyway.

Give Abomasnow some kind of Hidden Power over Ice Beam. Gaining 100% acc against Altaria isn't worth an entire moveslot. Stuff like Giga Drain, Shadow Ball, Focus Punch, or even Frost Breath would be more useful in that slot.

You may also want to consider running max speed on Heracross (given how common Scarf Hera is, there'll be lots of chances to speed tie). Max speed on Kyurem would be beneficial as well, speed tying other Kyurem (non-Scarf variants) and outspeeding things near its base. But then again, if your spread has been working for you (esp. with that Sub), then go ahead and use it.

P.S. Your gray-scale hurts my eyes.

@Cyborg Ninja Four: I can't fit in a spinner anywhere. Using one over Espy would toss out my second fighting resist, which is really important. I tried using Hitmontop at one point, but it just didn't work as well and in general also left me more vulnerable to fullstall. I also already outlined several times how scarf Abomasnow helps me a ton against sun teams. And on the phazer thing, the only possible member of the team that could be given a phazing move is nidoqueen, who loses to Sigilyph.
Well, if you're in need of a Rapid Spinner with a Fighting-type resist, you could always use Claydol. Immune to two sets of hazards along with resisting Stealth Rock. Of course, it's mediocre defenses don't help now that the entire game is power-creep, but it's just something to consider.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)