Media Yu-Gi-Oh discussion

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I kind of miss Yu-Gi-Oh but I never got serious into it. There were always two decks that I liked. Bug and Zombies. Especially Zombies.

...Any good Zombie-ish decks available nowadays or are the times changing too much for my undead? :(

I kind of miss Yu-Gi-Oh but I never got serious into it. There were always two decks that I liked. Bug and Zombies. Especially Zombies.

...Any good Zombie-ish decks available nowadays or are the times changing too much for my undead? :(
I haven't played any pure Zombie decks. I'm hearing they're not that great.

However, I have seen one that has an emphasis on a couple Zombie's for easy special summoning (can't remember any card names though). So you can mix the theme with the new stuff though.

zombies used to be pretty amazing, but that got hit hard by the banlist and are now just alright. they ate getting some toys like pain painter in the new set but probably won't ever be as insane as they were...

Zombies really need 2 Mezuki and 3 BfaDD to be great again. Still, you can splash Plagues into most decks as a good tuner, although in terms of splashable tuner engines, the plant engine is really just unbeatable right now. Other decks are just plain faster than Zombies at this point.

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I used to love Yugioh; I was never very good but I spent so much money on booster packs over the years. The only decks I still have together (that I know of) are an elemental hero one and one with a bunch of rock monsters. I just went on a nostalgia trip after I found my binder full of the holographic cards. Honestly I wish I could sell some of them as I have a fuckton (don't even know if they're worth anything anymore though hehe). If anyone does know of a place where they would sell or if they're worth anything at all let me know!! For reference I have stuff ranging from the very first booster pack (Legend of Blue Eyes iirc?) through the booster packs that had they guy from Yugioh GX on it...

I used to love Yugioh; I was never very good but I spent so much money on booster packs over the years. The only decks I still have together (that I know of) are an elemental hero one and one with a bunch of rock monsters. I just went on a nostalgia trip after I found my binder full of the holographic cards. Honestly I wish I could sell some of them as I have a fuckton (don't even know if they're worth anything anymore though hehe). If anyone does know of a place where they would sell or if they're worth anything at all let me know!! For reference I have stuff ranging from the very first booster pack (Legend of Blue Eyes iirc?) through the booster packs that had they guy from Yugioh GX on it...
My brother had every Elemental Hero card and he was pretty good with it. I like using a Blue Eyes White Dragon deck though.

I have been running a Rabbit Xyz deck and it is very good. It's ridiculously easy to get Ragia out, many times on the first or second turn and I often get more than one out which locks down my opponent.

Drawing Tour Guide automatically means I get to bring out Leviathan with Sangan, raise it's attack to 2500 by ditching Sangan and then search for Rabbit and bring out Ragia the following turn. For mid/late game I use Tour Guide to go into Leviair and use it's effect to bring back a banished Rabbit and go into another Ragia.

Normals are not a liability at all. With proper support they run smoothly. It's not as if you need to run a full Normal deck to get Rabbit to work. All you really need is x3 of two dinos (I run 8 in total). I find it easy to recycle them with Common Charity / Pot of Avarice / Leviair, so there are many times where I can actually get Ragia on the field without the help of Rabbit, however this is usually while I'm already in control and I generally have Ragia or Utopia already on the field.

Why would you touch Rescue Rabbit? It plays like a much worse Rescue Cat. Much worse being it requires you to use Normal Monsters.

EDIT:

Rescue Rabbit is totally balanced. If it could bring out Gemini Monsters this would be a huge issue, but unfortunately they are Effect Monsters in the deck.

Drawing Tour Guide automatically means I get to bring out Leviathan with Sangan, raise it's attack to 2500 by ditching Sangan and then search for Rabbit
You can't do that. Rulings state that when an XYZ material monster is removed from the XYZ monster, it does not count as going from the field to the graveyard. Sangan can't search. Kevin verified the ruling himself, and I've got confirmation from DuelingDays and Elliot Gale. I can link you if you want.

You can't do that. Rulings state that when an XYZ material monster is removed from the XYZ monster, it does not count as going from the field to the graveyard. Sangan can't search. Kevin verified the ruling himself, and I've got confirmation from DuelingDays and Elliot Gale. I can link you if you want.
"For everyone at Gencon, its official, Xyz Materials are considered "On the field". When a Tengu is removed from an Xyz monster, it will get its effect. When Sangan is sent to the Graveyard from being an Xyz Material, it will activate its effect." ~ Kevin Tewart

hence why grenosaurus jumped to like 15 dollars the night before gencon

zombies are going to be top tier.

goblin zombie working with xyz monsters is a very, very stupid decision on their part. xyz for whatever with goblin zombie + x, blue blooded oni detaches gobzomb to summon a zombie from grave and search a zombie from deck? k.................................

Yugioh Wiki Rulings said:
Differences
In the OCG, it is ruled that Xyz Materials are not considered to be cards, and thus cannot be considered cards on the field. In the TCG, Kevin Tewart has announced that they are considered on the field. So in the TCG, Reborn Tengu can activate its effect when it is detached.[1]
Sangan's page doesn't mention anything on this matter, but I figure it's the same for all cards that have an effect requiring them to be removed from the field.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Rulings:Reborn_Tengu

Yep, tewart decided that the tcg and ocg needed another rulings difference and made xyz (and tengu) much more broken than they should've been :(

Edit: Though I am happy that the new problem solving text on armory arm officially eliminates the colossal fighter otk.

"For everyone at Gencon, its official, Xyz Materials are considered "On the field". When a Tengu is removed from an Xyz monster, it will get its effect. When Sangan is sent to the Graveyard from being an Xyz Material, it will activate its effect." ~ Kevin Tewart

hence why grenosaurus jumped to like 15 dollars the night before gencon
well thanks for that

sorry crafty :(

that's just stupid then. broken cards in a broken metagame for the next few months.

Ancien Régime

washed gay RSE player
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
ok i was bored so here is my proposed banlist (this is not what i think will actually happen, but what i want to happen to help the metagame)

Mind Master (from Limited)
T.G. Hyper Librarian (from Unlimited)
Future Fusion (from Limited)
Gateway of the Six (from Limited)
Giant Trunade (from Limited) Agreed on all of those, though I think Mind Master needs to be reprinted with a 3k LP cost or somethng.
Mind Control (from Limited) Costless monster stealers are bad for the game. Absolutely agreed.
Monster Reborn (from Limited) I don't care either way
Royal Tribute (from Semi-Limited) meh, I'd prefer to 1

Grapha, Dragon God of Dark World (from Unlimited): Grapha is literally the only thing that makes DW good; stays at 2-3 until it gets a more balanced but still powerful boss monster.
Lonefire Blossom (from Semi-Limited) Agreed
Rescue Rabbit (from Unlimited) Agreed
Treeborn Frog (from Unlimited) my monarch deck got treeborn crowed, gg? Semi it. It dies to Chain Disappearance no matter what anyway.
Formula Synchron (from Unlimited) sure
Legendary Six Samurai - Shi En (from Unlimited) Sure
Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier (from Unlimited) Yes
Heavy Storm (from Forbidden) Yes until they print one that works like Cards From the Sky
Mystical Space Typhoon (from Semi-Limited) uhh, don't see the point, you're trading storm for trunade, not going back to 1 storm/1 trunade/1 mst
Pot of Avarice (from Unlimited) Yes
Shien's Smoke Signal (from Unlimited) Semi
Solemn Warning (from Semi-Limited) Yes
Ultimate Offering (from Unlimited) Sure I guess because of XYZ

Dewloren, Tiger King of the Ice Barrier (from Unlimited)
Reborn Tengu (from Unlimited)
Destiny Draw (from Limited)

Sure on the semis

Magical Stone Excavation (from Semi-Limited)
Overload Fusion (from Semi-Limited)
Bottomless Trap Hole (from Semi-Limited) If we ever get OCG prio ruling it kinda has to go back to 2
Magic Cylinder (from Semi-Limited)
Ojama Trio (from Semi-Limited)

also some of these are probably obvious, but if anyone wants me to explain my choices just ask
my thoughts in bold

I have been running a Rabbit Xyz deck and it is very good. It's ridiculously easy to get Ragia out, many times on the first or second turn and I often get more than one out which locks down my opponent.

Drawing Tour Guide automatically means I get to bring out Leviathan with Sangan, raise it's attack to 2500 by ditching Sangan and then search for Rabbit and bring out Ragia the following turn. For mid/late game I use Tour Guide to go into Leviair and use it's effect to bring back a banished Rabbit and go into another Ragia.

Normals are not a liability at all. With proper support they run smoothly. It's not as if you need to run a full Normal deck to get Rabbit to work. All you really need is x3 of two dinos (I run 8 in total). I find it easy to recycle them with Common Charity / Pot of Avarice / Leviair, so there are many times where I can actually get Ragia on the field without the help of Rabbit, however this is usually while I'm already in control and I generally have Ragia or Utopia already on the field.

Well, I did say I was willing to be convinced otherwise in a later post :V

Nice field

I would play yu gi oh, but i find that it is not as fun as pokemon because i cannot find anyone around who plays it also.

ok i was bored so here is my proposed banlist (this is not what i think will actually happen, but what i want to happen to help the metagame)

Mind Master (from Limited)
T.G. Hyper Librarian (from Unlimited)
Future Fusion (from Limited)
Gateway of the Six (from Limited)
Giant Trunade (from Limited)
Mind Control (from Limited)
Monster Reborn (from Limited)
Royal Tribute (from Semi-Limited)

Grapha, Dragon God of Dark World (from Unlimited)
Lonefire Blossom (from Semi-Limited)
Rescue Rabbit (from Unlimited)
Treeborn Frog (from Unlimited)
Formula Synchron (from Unlimited)
Legendary Six Samurai - Shi En (from Unlimited)
Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier (from Unlimited)
Heavy Storm (from Forbidden)
Mystical Space Typhoon (from Semi-Limited)
Pot of Avarice (from Unlimited)
Shien's Smoke Signal (from Unlimited)
Solemn Warning (from Semi-Limited)
Ultimate Offering (from Unlimited)

Dewloren, Tiger King of the Ice Barrier (from Unlimited)
Reborn Tengu (from Unlimited)
Destiny Draw (from Limited)

Magical Stone Excavation (from Semi-Limited)
Overload Fusion (from Semi-Limited)
Bottomless Trap Hole (from Semi-Limited)
Magic Cylinder (from Semi-Limited)
Ojama Trio (from Semi-Limited)

also some of these are probably obvious, but if anyone wants me to explain my choices just ask
Out of curiosity, why limit Formula if you're banning TGHL? The main problem is that you can draw 2 cards for summoning Formula if you have TGHL, and that's ridiculously easy in stuff like Plants.

I've been working on a Disaster Dragon deck for a while now. This is V1.0 right now.

3x Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon
3x Red-Eyes Wyvern
2x Light and Darkness Dragon
1x Prime Material Dragon
3x Axe Dragonute
1x Lancer Dragonute
2x Totem Dragon
3x Masked Dragon
1x Delta Flyer
1x Dodger Dragon

1x Dragon Ravine
1x Future Fusion
1x Monster Reborn
1x Giant Trunade
1x Book of Moon
2x Forbidden Lance
2x Gold Sarcophagus

3x Deck Devastation Virus
1x Eradicator Epidemic Virus
1x Solemn Judgment
1x Mirror Force
1x Torrential Tribute
2x Black Horn of Heaven
2x Compulsory Evacuation Device

1x Dark End Dragon
1x Exploder Dragonwing
1x Trident Dragion
1x Stardust Dragon
1x Red Dragon Archfiend
1x Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
1x Iron Chain Dragon
1x Orient Dragon
1x Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
1x Light End Dragon

Out of curiosity, why limit Formula if you're banning TGHL? The main problem is that you can draw 2 cards for summoning Formula if you have TGHL, and that's ridiculously easy in stuff like Plants.
The beef some people have with Formula is that it's easy as hell to make with either synchro engine (in addition to the pluses it generates).

Am I the only one who thinks the Virus cards are kind of broken? It's not like it's hard to meet the requirements, and they will cause easy wins through how well easily they're able to cripple the opponent/yourself (whoever's using it) for three whole turns.

Am I the only one who thinks the Virus cards are kind of broken? It's not like it's hard to meet the requirements, and they will cause easy wins through how well easily they're able to cripple the opponent/yourself (whoever's using it) for three whole turns.
Wait untill Dark World SD hits the TCG...

Anyway, Rabbit Ragia is going to be ridiculous, even more so if "Tewart's rulings" stand(which I guess they will).

I think that the 3 Rabbit + 4 Vanilla Dinosaurs + 3 Tour Guide + Sangan set-up is something that could work in a lot of different frameworks. As those cards on their own already win games.(going first with Rabbit + Tour Guide in hand means Leviair + Double Ragia on the field by turn 2 =x)
I've tried with some Jurrac's and Hydrogeddon mixed in but those never even needed to be played. Perhaps something with Spies and other XYZ enabling cards would work better.

Pick up your Tour Guides now while they're relatively cheap, at a price point of ~80€ >_>

I find Six Samurai a skilled archetype, because of the many options they provide (maybe it's just because I never draw the cards I need for the first-turn Shi En. I don't play them, I've built a deck, please don't shoot me.

IRL, I play GKs and Tigerless Glads, but if anyone here uses DN/YVD, I have like a zillion decks on there, so... I'm waiting for the new format to change/get a new deck, since this format's awful (who can sack the hardest and fastest?), mainly plants... not much else to say on my part, lol.

I find Six Samurai a skilled archetype, because of the many options they provide (maybe it's just because I never draw the cards I need for the first-turn Shi En. I don't play them, I've built a deck, please don't shoot me.

IRL, I play GKs and Tigerless Glads, but if anyone here uses DN/YVD, I have like a zillion decks on there, so... I'm waiting for the new format to change/get a new deck, since this format's awful (who can sack the hardest and fastest?), mainly plants... not much else to say on my part, lol.
I think Samurais take no skill when they draw that god hand. However, when they don't draw god, you need to pace the deck much differently to win with it I think.

Also, you sound like me! I like control decks nowadays, and yes I can't wait for the banlist. xD

I wanna start playing wind-ups, but I've no idea of any good builds to use (though i'm sure they <3 goblindberg).
Oh, also i'm dueling networks senior admin, so worship me and junk.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)