Gen VII: Pokemon Sun and Moon Discussion MKII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mq

It's Megaqwer's Time!
Just curious if Z-crystals could be knocked off or not......
Moreover,
Alola forms, they all look cool, I like how the typings changed in all of them.Ninetale looks totally a pokemon version of "snow white" to me, while sandslash steel typing doesnt make sense to me (If anyone would like to...)

While I dont see any good defensive mon yet and also, any chances of the other three guardian being FWG?

Also, where is my mega mons and synchro mons? ;~;

My main problem with the new forms is that they don't exist anywhere else. Like hoenn and sinnoh yield some of the same Pokemon in the same form despite their drastically different climates. So the continuity is kinda broken, even in the new timeline. Really my main problem is with exeggutor. Everything about him. Yeah, he looks more like an actual tree, but it looks dumb (in my opinion) along with the head tail thing and the dragon typing makes absolutely no sense. I feel like they added it in just for variety, not on any actual basis. I cannot see any logical explanation for its dragon typing. I guess we'll wait and see what (if anything) they come up with.

Wow, I just saw all the news regarding Pokemon with different typing and forms and I think it's straight bs. Exeggutor is grass/dragon?! What the actual fuck. I mean some of them look kind of cool, but I feel like all these new forms just took an absolute shit on the Pokemon franchise in a very bad way.
Why? I mean, this is Pokémon at it's purest. Pokémon are literally the animals of their world, whether the creators play them off as human or not; granted, some are more intelligent than others (including some psychic-types and most legendaries), and some still (Alakazam, Mewtwo, Metagross) are supposed to be more intellegent than humans can claim to be. The common run-of-the-mill Caterpie and Lillipup, however, as well as Sandshrew and Vulpix, are still animals. The fact that the world is wide enough for alternative biological evolutions to exist is very encouraging for the world that Game Freak has been building for the past twenty years. What's more is that there has been canon evidence of such biological differences, including the delta species in the TCG and the Crystal Onix, even if they were never accessible in the traditional sense.

These new forms in particular are very encouraging, because they show that Alola is not just analogous to Hawaii, but that they draw inspiration from the Galapagos Islands as well, which opens the reasonable idea that other islands, Pacific islands in particular, are fair game for influence as well.

My main problem with the new forms is that they don't exist anywhere else. Like hoenn and sinnoh yield some of the same Pokemon in the same form despite their drastically different climates. So the continuity is kinda broken, even in the new timeline. Really my main problem is with exeggutor. Everything about him. Yeah, he looks more like an actual tree, but it looks dumb (in my opinion) along with the head tail thing and the dragon typing makes absolutely no sense. I feel like they added it in just for variety, not on any actual basis. I cannot see any logical explanation for its dragon typing. I guess we'll wait and see what (if anything) they come up with.
Yeah that does leave a little hiccup in the continuity, but its possible they will retcon that. If they remake Gen 4 they may include new forms there as well, since that is kinda where the idea of new forms started with the shellos family. And retconing is nothing new for the series.

As mentioned before, this was the original design from exeggutor all the way back in first gen. It's a 20 years old design.

Something to note is actually for the official image for pokemon riding.

from what I can tell, you use the device in the trainer's hand to 'pick' a pokemon to ride and then take a weird pokeball out of the device and let out the pokemon (look at the female trainer, it looks like theres an orb shape in the place where there's a hole for the male trainer's device) so maybe it's a sort of portable storage system of some sort? It'll probably be explained in the game, but either way, it's a cool detail you don't see in the trailer.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
Something to note is actually for the official image for pokemon riding.

from what I can tell, you use the device in the trainer's hand to 'pick' a pokemon to ride and then take a weird pokeball out of the device and let out the pokemon (look at the female trainer, it looks like theres an orb shape in the place where there's a hole for the male trainer's device) so maybe it's a sort of portable storage system of some sort? It'll probably be explained in the game, but either way, it's a cool detail you don't see in the trailer.
I like the hawlucha helmet

Time to voice an unpopular (probably) opinion. I really like the new Alola formes, particularly Ninetales-A - it looks gorgeous. That said, I wish it and the Sandshrew line had a better ability. It would be interesting to see if the formes were interchangeable (I'm guessing no at the moment).

Maybe Game Freak will buff Ice-types this generation. Please, they've been crap for far too long.

Icetales and Iceslash seem to hint to them attempting to buff that Type this gen, which is something that has been overdue for FAR too long.

Oricorio has now ascended to being one of my most hyped Pokemon, due to that ability that is just born to punish DDMence or Volcarona alongside individual typing to fit in team slots easier.

also, FREAKING GUMSHOOS.

Why? I mean, this is Pokémon at it's purest. Pokémon are literally the animals of their world, whether the creators play them off as human or not; granted, some are more intelligent than others (including some psychic-types and most legendaries), and some still (Alakazam, Mewtwo, Metagross) are supposed to be more intellegent than humans can claim to be. The common run-of-the-mill Caterpie and Lillipup, however, as well as Sandshrew and Vulpix, are still animals. The fact that the world is wide enough for alternative biological evolutions to exist is very encouraging for the world that Game Freak has been building for the past twenty years. What's more is that there has been canon evidence of such biological differences, including the delta species in the TCG and the Crystal Onix, even if they were never accessible in the traditional sense.

These new forms in particular are very encouraging, because they show that Alola is not just analogous to Hawaii, but that they draw inspiration from the Galapagos Islands as well, which opens the reasonable idea that other islands, Pacific islands in particular, are fair game for influence as well.
My problem right now is that there have been no other examples of different forms based on evolution (the Darwinian kind) in previous Pokemon games, where there seemingly should have been if there were in alola. We will see what they do going forward. And although it would be interesting to see things like the crystal onix and delta species, those are canon for the anime and tcg respectively, not the games (as of now, although the new forms are kinda like delta species). Hopefully as they release more remakes they make the necessary changes of different Pokemon forms in different regions (where appropriate).

People have been making this joke for the past couple of months.
Ah right, only got back into pokes few days ago, haven't seen anything until today.

The Ice types of the pokes look very, very interesting, and the whole 4 island trial concept behind the story looks unique and vibrant.

Icetales and Iceslash seem to hint to them attempting to buff that Type this gen, which is something that has been overdue for FAR too long.
Let's REALLY hope that. The way some types are just that terrible to have is really frustrating. They've never done any changes before without the introductions of new typings, but GF is changing a lot of trends recently, becoming much more unpredictable. I really hope Ice will have some buff, like Flying resistance and being neutral to Fighting... And maybe an added effect from hail (a Filter-like effect would be interesting). Also other small changes like removing Bug resistance from Fairy type would be cool: it's ok for every typing to have its weaknesses, but it's just too annoying how some of them are really inferior to the others.

Honestly I'm liking ice type additions anything that buffs my boy Infernape and Typhlosion (for lower tiers) is cool by me.

I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who is obsessed with buffs for my fire starters but man we go way back and seeing more opportunities for some of my favorite Pokemon to shine makes me excited as hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)