Harry Potter Mafia

Gmax

kuahahahaha
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Well, IMO the surprise could mean either being turned on by one of his own, or some totally unexpected entity. So unless there is a special Ministry/Death Eater out there, its got to be a night role. I thought the basilisk could be a kind of Mason.

Obi's out? Thank goodness.

As some have suggested, yes, Obi was quite active during the night. He went so far as to PM nearly half of the players about a Ministry message board he had set up for the "members" to join. That was his trap to extract information, of course, but I had to see it for myself and see what he would be willing to share.

He only said two things, though. He didn't get any powers other than the list of the Ministry (which you have to say if you're posing as Ministry). He also mentioned that he was a mole-style character, clean upon inspection.

Who knows what else he would've done had he been allowed to exist in that capacity? I guess the Ministry wouldn't allow it. XD

Shiv

mostly harmless
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
why is that? :(

I'm suspicious of Ae as well but if I'm saying that its VERY probable that Gorm is mafia and I said that about aamto and it was true, why wouldn't you vote him?

I have more proof that gorm is mafia than aamto anyway. I would say its a 100% thing but then that really fucks me over if I'm wrong. So please, trust me and vote gorm.

GreenPikachu

pumpkin pieco
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
the surprised look is definitely important. that'd be crazy if there's a basilisk roaming around. it's a good thing i have a bunch of ROOSTERS!!!

it would make sense though-3 deaths? there has to be a role similar to werewolf then.

also, shiv seems to be on top of his stuff. so gorm sounds like a good vote. i want to hear a bit more though before i make my vote official. shiv is there any specific evidence you have that you want to share, or is it just a hunch?

edit: ok, shiv sounds really convinced. haha. i vote for gormenghast

Toothache

Let the music play!
is a Community Leader Alumnus
I don't know. Whats this evidence that you have against Gormenghast, Shiv? I don't want to waste my vote on a bandwagon.
QFT.

Also, Obi was one of the loudest people and turned out to be a Death Eater. He also said he had a mole-style role which would be clean upon inspection. How are we to know Shiv is not the same?

Of course, he's managed to organise a lot of the villagers with his supposed hint, but again who's to say he didn't get extra information above other members of a mafia group. Now he's attempting to vote gorm on from what I see very little evidence.

He has gathered a lot of trust from the students based on one small tidbit from a PM, and seems to be the most informed person here. Perhaps too well informed. Notice how the first night only Death Eaters died? It would be logical to conclude that Shiv is Ministry, and has organised the villagers to take one group out first, then with all the knowledge he has, can eliminate enough key roles on the student side to win.

Of course, Shiv will claim his innocence, as regular players of mafia know, he always does until the last possible moment, and is very convincing. He also takes the slightest bit of information and is able to use it to his advantage. As in this case, his hint to the students could very well come from an informed mole who recieved extra information to effectively seal his role.

I'll post my vote in a bit, but I wanted to get this out the way before I'm targeted by Shiv's bandwagons (he already has it in for me).

Rule #1 of Mafia - Never Trust Shiv

Where's Dak? I'd like his perspective on all this.

Why Dak, you ask? You see, for those not in the know, in that message board that Obi set up, Dak posted that the only special role that he knew of was Shiv's role as Cornelius Fudge! That follows from Toothache's logic.

I'd just like to know how Dak came up with that information, however.

One thing is that on irc mafia gormenghast never false claims villager. That being said, this is not irc mafia and strictly speaking there are no villagers, so he could use that loophole to claim student and appear genuine.

Hey guys, I am kinda not really liking Obi's "trap" anymore and it doesn't really have a use, so I'd like to ask you to stop posting there at all and especially not impersonate anyone there. I made a rule that you couldn't give out information anonymously, and that the one you talk to must know who you are in the game. That means you can't just take someone else's name.

I asked Obi on IRC to freeze his trap and I'm doing it here again. He can't even use any information from it anymore since he is dead.

Shiv

mostly harmless
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
hey toothache you know it and i know it that you're mafia so lets leave it there.

i can post logs but lets say, i sort of put gorm and toothache both into a corner where they ended up confessing.

here's the proof you guys need:

[10:26:55] <Toothache> alright so I'll admit I am one of the mafia groups, but I won't say which

now also toothache ill reveal MORE info about your convo with me because you seem to not stick to your word:

[10:27:45] <Toothache> how about a deal
[10:27:49] <Shiv> that is?
[10:27:49] <Toothache> yeah
[10:28:01] <Shiv> what deal
[10:28:34] <Toothache> I can supply some info if you leave me be, I'll keep this hush-hush between my fellow mafias
[10:28:50] <Shiv> a) what sort of info
[10:28:55] <Shiv> and b) what do you mean by hush hush
[10:29:02] <Shiv> youll tell your fellow mafia's about this
[10:29:06] <Shiv> or hide it from them
[10:29:16] <Toothache> I'll hide it from them

looks like toothache was ready to give up info to save his butt!

also now gorm tried to get away by claiming some stuff but i figured him out and:

[10:59:10] <Shiv> hi mafia
[10:59:13] <Shiv> you got caught
[10:59:14] <Gormenghast> i tried
[10:59:17] <Gormenghast> >:(
[10:59:30] <Shiv> tried what lol
[10:59:42] <Gormenghast> to get out of it
[10:59:47] <Gormenghast> you didnt give me alot of optioons

not giving more details. also people if i was evil trust me, there would've been a good number of special roles dying here.

:)

oh also, cookie, thats because we KNOW there are only like 2 or 3 villagers. Over here, the number is uncertain and not many people claim it so you cant catch anyone over for false claiming it.

this proof enough?

Shiv

mostly harmless
oh and i just wanted this in a separate post. jig's over toothache!

get gorm first then toothache. gorm claimed ministry and tooth claimed death eater btw.

Until Dak confirms his source, I'll have to take this information with a grain of salt. After all, it's allegedly coming from the mouth of Fudge, himself!

If this is true, though, then it proves that Gorm and Toothache are Death Eaters. (After all, Fudge wouldn't do that to his own... would he?) Okay, I need more time to figure out who to believe...

evan

I did my best -- I have no regrets
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
If there's one thing we can be sure of, now that Obi is dead and revealed Death Eater, it' that the "ministry" message boards were completely fake and nothing posted there can be trusted. Cards, if anything you're simply drawing suspicion to yourself considering the logs just posted. Do you know how hard it is to convincingly fake a log? Especially of someone a lot of people know and talk to on a regular basis?

Vote Gormenghast easily

That is true, Shiv.

Also, a couple of things from Obi's "trap" you should know that I find interesting, particularly in the usernames that were used to sign up for them. (Not fake!) The two names that stand out in that board's member list are:

shiv_why_didnt_you_pm_me
jackai_da_mole

From what I gather from Shiv's name, he must've been alerted to Obi's trap, directed to the board, and registered there because he really was Ministry.

And Jackal? Perhaps he's a mole character like Obi claimed to be. I still can't tell exactly which group he belongs to, though.

Of course, those are opinions, which I could be completely wrong about, so form your own conclusions from them.

@TheBM: I'm only going by what Dak said, and I still can't completely trust it.

Toothache

Let the music play!
is a Community Leader Alumnus
I like how Shiv believed everything I told him in that conversation.

Read through it again Shiv. Notice how deliberately cagey I was. Notice I had almost no information to give you. If I was really prepared to giveaway my team mates, why wouldn't I do so to save my own neck if I knew them?

Shiv isn't the only one who can play games. But I've got his number, oh yes. Ministry Shiv I am saying.

timw06 said:
The reason I have contacted you is because I believe you to be a mafioso who, despite belonging to a faction that I am at war with, is at least clear as to whose side you are on.

According to information I have received (from someone who shall remain forever nameless) there is a member of your team who does not fully share your objectives. It was this "widow's son" that Obi was trying to investigate on the night he was killed and it is his (or her) identity that I can disclose to you.

However, as a good student (I am sure you are well informed enough to be able to verify my identity from these words "I am now off to whine in a corner" in my second post in the thread) I will require information in exchange.

Why am I doing this? It is not in my interests to see the Ministry, the Death Eaters or the Slytherins become too powerful and besides, the more useful I am, the less incentive you have to kill me.

I look forward to hearing your reply...

Finally, keep this PM entirely secret, you never know who you can trust in this game...
WTF! I'm not mafia. Why are you implying that?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)