NOC Popcorn Mafia 3 Game Thread

pulsar512b

ss ou fangirl
is a Pre-Contributor
so sad that we cant play irl mafia while this game is going because thatd be outside contact. actually what are the rules if two people here get paired in some tournament (say smogon masters)

Analysis:
Post 661: Looks a lot like just a joke to me. Don't like it, but doesn't feel AI.

CB... will shoot on vibes and not wait long. Wonders why people scumread him without refuting it. Lots of jokes, not sure if asking for Texas to be shot for nominative determinism was a joke? Probably? Goes against Psy's democracy idea (ftr, I find re-adding it that way both hilarious and a worthy experiment). Says' he'd shoot HH, Tex, and Flyhn. Not sure about the TBZ reaction. Lambasts me for trusting something Dusk said, which is fair... Says he'd go after me.
Early Conclusion: shooting him if he's town would promptly get two town dead. I'm dubious about shooting him for now.

Ehmcee: Seems to misunderstand the rules? READ THE MANUAL. Am I the only one who does that? Oh, but here's the thing: also knew there were 6 mafia, despite the misunderstanding. Argues for shooting Celever, sorta TRs TBZ? Whole bunch of joking without much content, then gets serious. Suggests randshooting. In the first two games, that was actually an optimal strategy. I tried to calculate it for parity, but my Python interpreter isn't working. Then joins in liking Psy's democracy innovation. Argues for shooting anyone who says they wouldn't give Psy the gun, and I can see why. That's an anti-realiti. Then TRs Zippy. Celever grows on him, CB does not.
Conclusion: Probably Town

Sticking on Zippy for now, though I could change it because treatment + work + looking at other people made me forget other than that I scumread him before and nothing came up to change that. Also willing to swap to CB.

Clouds

False Pretenses
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
So my gut reaction off of reading these is that I really didn't like Zippy speaking in absolutes this early in the game, to say that he's definitely sure pulsar isn't scam, as well as a definite "Clouds is Mafia" really resounded to me as being weird.

This is the only instance I've seen where he's made a similar full on read early on

From Vote n Veto

I'm not quite sure if I should take those earlier reads with a grain of salt, I just don't like how certain he's saying it.
Texas Cloverleaf you seeing this

sure i can see that thats fair i was also kinda thinking about the latter. idk if id say its indicative of a pre-planned plan it might just be him being like. well ok i dont have as much time so lets lay low a little more, lemonade out of lemons
i dont think it was like his master plan or anything. if this is the case, it would be something more like someone telling him to not worry too much about defending himself because us wacky smogon players will get impatient and point the finger at someone else eventually

Clouds

False Pretenses
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
assuming this post where i made a joke about psy having a gun and that he potentially shoot me. Was just a joke cause of the aftermath of knights errant 2 lol
i won't harp on it, i just put myself in the place of mafia chad when reading it and could see it being your way of pretending you're unaffiliated with psy getting gun

i don't want you shot today regardless cause i feel ok about my chances of being able to read you when you're more present

so sad that we cant play irl mafia while this game is going because thatd be outside contact. actually what are the rules if two people here get paired in some tournament (say smogon masters)
i mean we can like. talk to each other as friends or acquaintances. if i wanna send like ls a meme or tell clouds hes a snake and a misfortune to all those around him i can still do that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)