2010 music

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You Me At Six - Hold Me Down
Motion City Soundtrack - My Dinosaur Life

These are the two albums I'm most looking forward to for 2010, and funnily enough they're both released mid-January 2010, so not much of a wait now! I've always been impressed by everything done by both bands so far and hopefully that will continue.

I'll also be getting the blink-182 album once that's released, which will hopefully be as catchy as their previous stuff. Also, I'll delve into My Chemical Romance again as they'll be dishing out their fourth studio album. I've gone off My Chemical Romance since not long after The Black Parade was released, but hopefully they can draw me in again with something new.

And yeah, that's about it for me really.. I might have to have a look around for some new bands next year. Most of the bands I really like released albums this year, hence me not having much to look forward to next year.

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I hope Relapse 2 has him more like on Forever and Drop The World.

Also, Venom from Chamillionaire and RED from Game.
I just laughed when I heard Relapse. I just deleted that shit off my computer. I definitely am not getting Relapse 2.

Venom's name got changed I think. And I don't even know if Cham's gonna drop it in 2010.

The Game = The Shame. Hated that rapper since ever.

Liam Gallagher from Oasis is supposed to release something in July.
Coldplay was supposed to release something before the end of this year but I doubt it'll happen, so I look forward to it in 2010.

I'm looking forward most to the Crystal Castles album, the Arcade Fire, and Liars. Liars stun you with every album; like Glen said, they are the masters of reinvention. I'd say Romance Is Boring by Los Campesinos!, but that leaked, and I'm downloading it as we speak. New Hot Chip release as well, and... well, there's so many awesome bands releasing stuff in 2010! Also, hell, yeah, Radiohead! Some other highlights: Fleet Foxes, Portishead?, Massive Attack... bands I haven't listened to in awhile, but now this is reigniting my interest :)

Vampire Weekend's Contra, can't freakin' wait for this album. Horchata is great, not so keen on Cousins (honestly kinda hate it). California English sounds pretty awesome too (live performance wise).

New Crystal Castles finally~

Heartsrevolution releases their first LP. Holy crap.

Minus the Bear and MGMT too.

3 highly anticipated albums, and 2 should-be-great albums... Ahhh what a great start, 2010.

Minus the Bear

On their Twitter page, they said that they'd release their fourth album in April ^_^

I cant wait for that.

I'll most likely/probably check these:

Vampire Weekend: Contra
OK Go: Of the Blue Colour of the Sky
Cold War Kids: Behave Yourself(EP)
Eels: End Times
Spoon: Transference
The Dillinger Escape Plan: Option Paralysis
Does it Offend You, Yeah?: Don't Say We Didn't Warn You
Godsmack: Untitled
Deftones: Untitled
Interpol: Untitled
MGMT: Congratulations
Minus the Bear: Untitled
Against Me!: White Crosses
Arcade Fire: Untitled
Blink-182: Untitled
Circa Survive: Untitled
Flobots: Untitled
The Gaslight Anthem: Untitled
Gorillaz: Plastic Beach
Incubus: Untitled (this one will be awesome I hope)
Infectious Grooves: Untitled
Jimmy Eat World: Untitled
Kings of Leon: Untitled
KoRn: Untitled
The Offspring: Untitled
Radiohead: Untitled (I might be wrong)
The Shins: Untitled
Stone Sour: Untitled
The Strokes: Untitled
Tool: Untitled

yea, all the common stuff, but 2010 looks awesome.

Cooky

Banned deucer.
Fleet Foxes, Portishead?, Massive Attack... bands I haven't listened to in awhile, but now this is reigniting my interest :)
portishead must be the most annoyingly cryptic band, although i'd love it if they produced another album in 2010.
massive attack on the other hand seem to be losing their touch, especially tricky, who's basically just been running on the strength of maxinquaye for years now. incidentally they've collaborated (suppposedly) with 2 out of 3 members of portishead (think glory box and hope) and damon albarn on heliogoland, so im hoping its a return to form.
also looking forward massively to new Fleet Foxes album. apparently they're endeavouring to make it less "poppy" and "upbeat", and more mellow. whatever that means.

edit: agreeing with extra, yeasayer were another disappontment. screw them.

sorry for double posting, but the new lc! album leaked and it is reeeealy fucking good! i'd put it somewhere between the very twee begginings of hold on now, youngster.. and we are beautiful, we are doomed where they tried to grow up a bit.

listening through a second time, and im not dissapointed at all. so worth the wait :x
The last three songs were brilliant on it, a complete change in the pace of the album, and imo the most hard-hitting, and the title song is very catchy.

I don't know what I expect out of 2010, but I'll download the albums as they come out. I'd love to hear the new Gorillaz album though, Radiohead would be cool since I downloaded their whole discography a while back. I'm going to check out some new bands with their new albums and see if I like them and then work backwards from there.

knocking on wood here, bad there's almost no way Incubus could possibly release a bad album
MGMT and Circa Survive I hadn't known about. Both should be excellent.
2010 is looking to be an excellent start to the decade

Yeasayer - Odd Blood sucked.

waiting for new CTTS, Kay Kay and His Weathered Underground and Hella albums since i assume none of those are going to be releasing their albums in 2009 like they all said.

aside from that, i'm interested in new 13 & God, 65daysofstatic (maybe), Minus The Bear, Modest Mouse, possibly new Owls (just a rumour i think but it better happen) and Kayo Dot to name a few.

probably some more i'm forgetting. i don't really pay attention to who's releasing what and just find out things as the year progresses.

Kid Cudi's follow-up album Cudder is coming out early in 2010. Yet another must have. He's already announced the track list, too. The Cool Kids' LP is coming out, too. All I need is Kanye to release a new album and I'll be happy (hip-hop wise, I mean).

Though isn't Kanye supposedly been working in the studio? Come on man, announce a new album (that isn't a continuation of 808s plz, 1 of those is enough for awhile).

What I'm hoping for:
Lady Gaga comes out with her third album / second LP (Does The Fame Monster count as an LP?) gaaaawdd that would be amazing. Full length LP. New La Roux would be nice, too.

But back to what is confirmed, 2010 is shaping up to be a great year. Really really can't wait for Heartsrevolutions' first LP, oh my.

Joanna Newsom, Spoon, The Knife's Charles Darwin opera, Moonface (another Spencer Krug band) Dreamland EP: Marimba and Shit-Drums on vinyl, (hopefully) Robyn.

The national, gaslight anthem and Arcade fire albums will hopefully be awesome. Also Rise against could have a new album out sometime this year which would be incredible.

listened to the new liars album without having heard anything by them before; it was pretty cool

the first song was awesome, and then the second song sounded like wolf parade if wolf parade were good. so it caught my interest and then there was a bunch of fairly average songs until drop dead / the overachievers which i liked. album seems pretty based around the vocalist, didn't like that much, he gets a bit irritating. guitarwork is badass, i imagine they would make great noise rock which this album borders on at times but never makes the full transition.

might appreciate it more when i get a rip that isn't garbage quality

also that xiu xiu album and that massive attack album leaked but i'm waiting to hear whether the former is any good and the latter is dogshit from what i've heard.

now that i'm looking over it, this post doesn't make much sense

Listened to Beach House - Teen Dream, which was pretty enjoyable but not awesome.

Here are albums I am going to listen in the next days:

Tory Y Moi - Causers of This
Overkill - Ironbound
Liars - Sisterworld
Ihsahn - After
Fear Factory - Mechanize
Broken Bells - Broken Bells
Eels - End Times
Midlake - The Courage of Others
Yeasayer - Odd Blood
Vampire Weekend - Contra

will post later if I (dis)liked these

gene

(* ̄(エ) ̄*)
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
beach house - teen dream: completely agree with the pretty good, not awesome assessment. maybe a little too light.

heathen - the evolution of chaos: if dream theater played thrash... indulgent and forgettable.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Backing up Evan (at being up to 3:48 of track 6). I have already received more enjoyment from this album than from anything that came out in 2009.

Have a nice day.

Listened to:

Liars - Sisterworld (3,5/5)
Fear Factory - Mechanize (2,5/5)
Broken Bells - Broken Bells (2,5/5)
Eels - End Times (2/5)
Midlake - The Courage of Others (4/5)
Heathen - The Evolution of Chaos (3/5)
Los Campesinos! - Romance is boring (3,5/5)

Liars' album is pretty enjoyable; i like "Scissors" and "Scarecrows On A Killer Slant" the most.

Mechanize by Fear Factory was full of forgettable songs imo

Broken Bells is pretty bland and not interesting enough to make me listen to it again.

Eels album is definitely their worst for me; no fun like their other albums

Midlakes album was a surprise; the singers voice is great and there are some good songs on it; best of 2010 so far

Heathens release wasnt anything special; besides the acoustic one, I didnt like much of it

Los Campesinos! have a pretty fun record imo; fast-paced tracks which are pretty cool but they may get annoying after a while.

Will write about the rest later on

so far i've only listened to contra and romance is boring and both were pretty solid imo. nothing amazing but both pretty good.

part 2

OK Go - Of the Blue Colour of the Sky

I didnt like them at all, but this was pure shit imo; "Oh No" had some catchy tracks at least

Overkill - Ironbound

better than Heathens album; the first tracks are especially good.

Vampire Weekend - Contra

not nearly as good as their s/t.. pretty boring and forgettable, albeit having some decent tracks

Yeasayer - Odd Blood

this was fukin boring while I listened to the first tracks but it gained momentum after "Love Me Girl"; pretty enjoyable

no new albums atm.. I'll check the rym list =s

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)