2012/2013 Soccer/Football thread

Any big surprise transfer predictions? Mine is Rooney to Chelsea before the summer is over. I can really see Rooney wanting to work with mourinho and Chelsea will want a big signing especially a striker and they can pay.

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
I don't think that'll happen. Rooney has denied handing in a transfer request and even if United sell him, he won't be going to a Premier League rival. Fingers crossed on Cavani but it's seeming increasingly unlikely that he'll come to Chelsea. We could go for Gomez I guess.

So Bale might just stay at Tottenham this year... If he does actually stay then does anyone really like the look of Tottenham's team? I'd say they'll be in the title race if they signed a top striker; provided Arsenal get Higuain and maybe Cesar and *whisper it* maybe even someone else, it could turn out to be a 5 way title race.

Having said that it'll probably turn out to be Chelsea or Utd again...

Never!

Also I am fully expecting Wenger to sign absolutely no one and Sanogo becomes our standard 'one for the future' signing this summer. Defo a step up from losing your best 2 players every summer though! Almost feels like we've strengthened

But god I wish we signed Higuain or Suarez or Benteke, would make the team so much better...

So David Villa to Athletico

Cavani to PSG

Mario Gomez to Fiorentina

I think arsenal will actually get higuain that leaves liverpool or spurs to be the dumb fuckers who massively overpay for soon to be one season wonder Benteke.

I still don't understand why you would want to sign Cavani if you have Ibra

they can play upfront together

ibra playing off of cavani would work quite well i think as they are different type of players. ibra will pull off something genius out of nowhere but won't be working hard defensively whereas cavani is more of a poacher but also a willing runner and a very hardworking player in general.

Cavani​
Lavezzi Ibra Moura​
Matuidi Veratti​
Maxwell T. Silva Alex Jallet​
Sirigu​
the front four is orgasmic​

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Yes, you could find something that works. But it's not perfect since two strikers systems are not that good anymore and you can't bench any of them.
So it seems to be stupid for me to invest 50mil in a not perfectly fitting player. But yeah, PSG has the money

It's not too bad, but playing as a 10 doesn't suit Ibra as good as playing as a striker. So why not sign a proper 10 instead of another striker

France vs Uruguay in the U-20 World Cup Finals on Saturday after France beat Ghana 2-1 and Uruguay beat Iraq on PKs today. Unfortunate for Iraq but their luck had to run out eventually. Hey but now I'm hoping the new Arsenal man Yaya Sanogo scores a hat trick on Uruguay!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)