5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Yes, the chatot pitch sequences will depend on your seed.
Also be careful that sometimes the first few pitches will be similar to that of the wrong seed (obtained from getting a wrong Timer0), so its advised to listen more of the pitches to confirm you hit the right Timer0.
I know that they're dependent on the seed, but I can't hear my pitches (they're silent) whereas I know often times people can hear the pitches. Just makes it easier to follow along.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Like how much? I've tried 2 of my other most common timer0s, all the months of the year, and frames up to 200. What else can I do?
Add keypresses if you haven't already, or search other years.
I know that they're dependent on the seed, but I can't hear my pitches (they're silent) whereas I know often times people can hear the pitches. Just makes it easier to follow along.
You have to make a noise into the microphone when you record it.

thanks! I i didn't think changing the year did anything. like in 4th gen, it only changes the delay

also, when i did the calibration, i did not need any key presses. will adding 1 not mess it up?

You have to make a noise into the microphone when you record it.
Wow, I feel like an idiot. I thought it was supposed to be silent. My Timer0 is trolling me super hard on Virizion right now. I was able to get Cobalion and Terrakion just fine but Virizion is being a major pain.

I just tried again and hit my timer because my Virizion's attack IV can only be 31 if I hit it and I followed the Chatot pitches perfectly down to my frame (168), yet it wasn't shiny. Agh.

thanks, now that's less time i have to waste.

So I want to make sure I'm doing the wonder card RNG right, to be sure that it's not just my timer0 that's a problem

seed:
35B90E383F062349, frame 86

When copy/pasted into the main window of RNG reporter, the starting frame is 53 and the desired frame is 84, so 32 chatot advances (that includes the starting frame)

I keep my hold buttons pressed down BEFORE entering the game and then release as soon as the game freak animation starts. This is correct, right?? I'm not too sure about how long to hold the buttons

I enter the game 1 second before the target time.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
I just tried again and hit my timer because my Virizion's attack IV can only be 31 if I hit it and I followed the Chatot pitches perfectly down to my frame (168), yet it wasn't shiny. Agh.
If you're listening to the pitches, make sure you stop one frame before your target, because when you hear a pitch, you've already "used" that frame of the RNG and you're actually on the next one.

Cute charm is an ability, just like synchronise, that may be required as a lead for a certain seed. Cute charm does not work with genderless pokemon or pokemon with a single gender, like Tauros. It is not necessary for stationary pokemon. You can use synchronise leads too but it depends on what seed RNG reporter generates. If you mouse over Cute Charm on RNG reporter (Not sure about PPRNG), you will get an explanation of how it works.

:)
Ok, cool.

Also I'm about to go up against Reshiram in black and I was wondering if there was anything special that I need to do? cos the game forces you to save befor you're able to check the nature etc... I'm really nervous cos there's no second chances with Reshiram...

Is there a way to deduce the nature, IVs etc while you're battling it?

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
You can calculate Reshiram's stats with a neutral nature and 0 EVs and then look at its stats in-battle and see which ones are above/below the normal range.

If you're listening to the pitches, make sure you stop one frame before your target, because when you hear a pitch, you've already "used" that frame of the RNG and you're actually on the next one.
Yeah I figured that one out when I saw my seed and timer were correct. I'm gonna try to RNG my Meloettas and figure out how to do the breeding. Otherwise, seems like I've finally figured all of this out. I really really appreciate the help. I've RNG'd wild Pokemon too to make sure I was doing everything correctly.

Would you consider this enough timer0's for BW2?

167E (Hit 6 times)
167B (4 times)
167A (2 times)
1673 (Once)
1676 (Once)

Or do I need to do some more checking?

From what I understand, the amount of timer0's actually varies per DS system, with more being on a DSi than on a DS/DSlite.

What DS system are you using?

Just need someone else to confirm, if it's gonna cause me less problems on the dslite I'd rather use that.

Also, I heard you can use standard seed on dream world pokes, how easy is it? Is there a guide?

So, I've been having difficulty RNGing the Zoroark in Lostlorn forest. I'm quite sure that I'm not doing anything wrong in the process, but I'm worried it might not count as a stationary. So, before I include any special info I'd just like to ask, that Zoroark is a stationary encounter right?

Eyedol

the artist formerly known as xAtrocity
So, I've been having difficulty RNGing the Zoroark in Lostlorn forest. I'm quite sure that I'm not doing anything wrong in the process, but I'm worried it might not count as a stationary. So, before I include any special info I'd just like to ask, that Zoroark is a stationary encounter right?
That Zoroark is a stationary encounter with a few restrictions - it is forced female and cannot be shiny.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Any truth in this guys?
It's true for BW2. Turning on the C-Gear just advances the IVRNG frame instead of re-seeding it based on delay like BW1 does, so you can just use a standard seed starting on frame 25 (the PID frame still advances constantly while the C-Gear is on, though).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 30)