Archeops

What about a scarf set? sure you won't get acrobling combo but at that speed all you have to worry about is Sandthrow, SwSw, and Priority really. IDK specifics but w/ a scarf you could more easily run adamant nature no?

Stealth Rock pretty much ruins any Choice sets on this. Also, Archeops doesn´t really have speed issues. Priority is the problem, as you said.

I agree. Partnering him up with a spinner is a must. But this doesn´t make Choice sets any more useful on him. Both band and scarf make acro bling unuseable.

Scarf doesn´t help him, because he already has really good speed.
As said, Priority is the problem.
Band could be useable, I admit, but acro bling is tough competition here.

FlightJewel set is his best bet for Getting rid of Bulky Fighting types that are popular like Machamp and ConcBulk then he can revenge kill quite a wide variety of non-scarfed threats

This Pokemon is simply too frail not to run sash on, and stealth rock ruins sash, all while doing a hefty amount of damage to Archeops. I see this thing only useful in the lead position, and there are many better leads. I think I'll skip this Pokemon when team-building.

He can be a nice mixed threat. Or you could be crazy and go for the CB Head Smash to neuter any one pokemon of your choice He has basically one switch-in, and an opportunities to u-turn out/smack something with stone edge, then headsmash coming into SR the second time. Fantastic power with it :3

I don't why you would ever switch this guy in. He's a good revenge killer

I think it's rather stupid that rock doesn't resist rock

This Pokemon is simply too frail not to run sash on, and stealth rock ruins sash, all while doing a hefty amount of damage to Archeops. I see this thing only useful in the lead position, and there are many better leads. I think I'll skip this Pokemon when team-building.
Dont use sash. It may save him from dying but at 1 hp, he's useless.

I'm going to try a jolly acro bling set with rock slide, EQ and Hone Claws. Has anyone used hone claws successfully?
I ran Hone Claws really successfully, but it was on a Garchomp. If you were to run it on Archeops, After +1 in Accuracy, Stone Edge hits 97%, and the attack boost would be a safeguard against Intimidate. Considering how one boost in Accuracy is so noticeably, Hone Claws on a Special Archeops is worth mentioning (or would be if Acrobatics wasn't so awesome).

Stealth Rock is incredibly rare this gen because of team preview and because Ninetails and Politoad don't learn it. Nobody runs leads the same way they did Gen 4. If I can sweep with a Zoroark in the lead position then I can sweep with this in lead position.

Sash is pretty useless on him, since he's broken under 50% HP and he can't be switched out and back in for wish support if SR is up

This guy has been really good for me in online battling, one hit KO's all the time, can take on whole teams

x
Until they bring in something with priority or anything Scarfed with decent Attack/SpA

Here's a list of Pokes that I imagine will always win against this: Weavile, Starmie, Cinccino, Alakazam, Sceptile, Scizor, Conkeldurr, Azelf, Jolteon, Aerodactyl, Suicune, Uxie, Slowbro, and pretty much anything Scarfed like Rotom-W

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I ran Hone Claws really successfully, but it was on a Garchomp. If you were to run it on Archeops, After +1 in Accuracy, Stone Edge hits 97%, and the attack boost would be a safeguard against Intimidate. Considering how one boost in Accuracy is so noticeably, Hone Claws on a Special Archeops is worth mentioning (or would be if Acrobatics wasn't so awesome).

Stealth Rock is incredibly rare this gen because of team preview and because Ninetails and Politoad don't learn it. Nobody runs leads the same way they did Gen 4. If I can sweep with a Zoroark in the lead position then I can sweep with this in lead position.
SR is incredibly rare my ass.

SR is incredibly rare my ass.
It is rare, compared to last gen. :P You see it every 3rd battle instead of every battle.

What about a scarf set? sure you won't get acrobling combo but at that speed all you have to worry about is Sandthrow, SwSw, and Priority really. IDK specifics but w/ a scarf you could more easily run adamant nature no?
Bumped into someone on wifi who used this to great effect. Scarf makes a good compliment, especially since you never leave him in for more than a turn or so for fear of damage crippling.

You lose out on a good flying stab though, with the only alternatives being pluck / aerial ace. Stone edge becomes your mainstay attack, which has shaky accuracy.

I used the acrobatics flight jewel set with much success in the lead position in the battle subway. It really just screws up shit. Don't count this guy out, he has a lot of potential, if given the right team support.

I used to only support using this for Acrobatics abuse.

However, I've been doing some calcs. Even with Defeatest activated, Choice Band Head Smash hits harder than Conkeldurr's Hammer Arm. I still prefer Flight Gem Acrobatics, but that's pretty amazing.

I used to only support using this for Acrobatics abuse.

However, I've been doing some calcs. Even with Defeatist activated, Choice Band Head Smash hits harder than Conkeldurr's Hammer Arm. I still prefer Flight Gem Acrobatics, but that's pretty amazing.
Of course, because it does so much damage, it's not wont to survive using multiple Head Smashes. Since the move has 80% accuracy, it'd be catastrophic for it to miss against a revenge killer even if it is faster.

Hone Claws would make Archeops equally powerful and would allow Archeops to use another item, like Flight Gem. Since Head Smash has the same accuracy as Stone Edge, I think that However, I do not know if, in practice, Archeops would be able to find a turn to use Hone Claws. Is there any Pokémon that Archeops forces out, preferably a common one? (Although, this would require not using it as a lead.)

Even if it had Hone Claws, it would probably more often use Acrobatics, using Head Smash like many Pokémon used Explosion last gen, but with more power than many of them.

We should all thank Corsola for being able to breed Head Smash onto Archeops.

Until they bring in something with priority or anything Scarfed with decent Attack/SpA

Here's a list of Pokes that I imagine will always win against this: Weavile, Starmie, Cinccino, Alakazam, Sceptile, Scizor, Conkeldurr, Azelf, Jolteon, Aerodactyl, Suicune, Uxie, Slowbro, and pretty much anything Scarfed like Rotom-W
Adaptability Basculin running a Choice Band murders Archeops as well.

Ive had some successful singles run using the Acrobatics set paired with cofagrigus.

I got mummy to land on TTar and Killed it with U-Turn. was able to survive a near OHKO by Machamp and got a win with Acro.

A choice scarf head smash set sounds great paired with Cofagrigus

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)