Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Relictivity said:
If you Trace Sand Veil, you are immune to Sandstorm. Are you immune to sandstorm if you trace Sand Stream? What about Hail and Snow Warning?
It doesn't work with Sand Stream, so I'd assume Snow Warning's out as well.

Why is Slowking's usage in UU so ridiculously low?

I heard Platinum has an abusable RNG like Emerald. Can anybody confirm/deny this?
I've heard rumors of this, but there hasn't been any definitive evidence yet.

Now on to my question:

In the breeding guide, it says that the Nidorans are considered part of the same family. Does that mean that breeding a Nidoking with a Ditto can get you a Nidoran-F?

Also, while this isn't a Pokemon question, I couldn't find "Smogon Questions" thread, so I'll just put it here. Is there any way to check who your referrals to Smogon are?

ok i still need help

how is

Metagross
Brave
Hp-252, Atk-6, Def-252

Snoralx
Brave
Hp-252, Atk-6, Sp.d-252
I'm still focusing on Snorlax for now but anyways, all attacks are after belly drum and +6

IGNORE THE 12 EVS IT WILL MAKE I SCREWED UP SLIGHTLY KEEP AT 6

12 evs in atk guaranteed snorlax will ko max def hp levitate bronzong no matter what after belly drum. That also means a guarenteed 2hko against the same bronzong with heat proof, if its not holding leftovers. I feel that the chances of facing an absolute max def bronzong with leftovers and heat proof isn't worth investing any more evs. If 12 weren't so little I wouldnt bother with those either because with the lowered accuracy of hypnosis I don't find Bronzong too threatening.

Next I ran some if snorlax was facing a metagross. If Metagross is max def and hp with +def nature, snorlax with 12 evs only has a very small chance of ohkoing with fire punch. I doubt any Metagrosses will run that much def. Against a Metagross with 252 hp and 128 in both def and SpD it will be ohkoed everytime by fire punch. I don't think you'll see any with that much defensive evs anyways. The only thing is a lot with probably hold Occa Berry, since thats what last years champions has. There nothing you can do about this since even with 252 evs in attack for snorlax and none in def or hp for metagross, max damage falls a fraction of a percent short of ohko. So if it has occa berry you'll 2hko every time no matter what.

Snorlax will ohko the most defensive Latios every time with Body Slam. Return is more powerful but a pain in the ass to calculate since it depends on happiness and im not positive what it's max power is so I used Body Slam. About half the time snorlax will ohko max def zapdos with bodyslam so return will always. Also I dont think you'll face... shit I did all those at lvl 100 so 50 changes things slightly. This is why the 12 evs doesnt matter, I dont feel like going back and changing it all sorry about any confusion. So you'll Ko max def zapdos 2/3 of the time now, I wouldn't invest any more for the chance that you'll encounter one, it will have some SpA and putting about 80 into anything but def or hp will ensure your ko. Heatran is the next threat. Heatran will max SpA I think so 252 HP and 4 Def will be a body slam 2hko. It takes a whopping 36 atk evs to guarantee the 2hko with 102 power return against max def heatran, but even that would be a waste, heatran will have some SpA or spd evs. Wow max def swampert cant survive a 102 return. Max Def Dusknoir is a 2HKO. Yeah I think max Def Heatran is the only thing that isn't 2hko'd. Cresselia survives the first hit, whatever.

I don't see a reason to go with more than the 6 atk evs you have.

That leaves defensive evs. I think I'm gonna put a lot into def instead of SpD. The only common special attakers im seeing in the results from japan are zapdos, heatran, gengar and rain dancers. With 252 HP and no SpD evs Snorlax takes 50.19% - 58.80%from max Life orb Kingdra. With 252 hp and so SpD lax takes 64.04% - 75.28% from max lo kingdra's waterfall. Going 252 hp and 124 in both def and SpD drops those to 44.94% - 52.81% and 53.93% - 63.67% respectively. Max spd and hp yields 40.45% - 47.57% from surf while max hp and def is 46.82% - 55.43% I dont really know what to think of that. Those numbers seem too high but I guess that just shows you the threat of rain dance teams. Also Kingdra will want some speed evs and cant have beneficial natures for both atk and spa so that inflates those numbers a bit. Do whatever you think here I don't see any obvious choice from those numbers also thats just one pokemon anyways.

I'll do some for Metagross later. Hope that helps and sorry for the 12 atk ev confusion too and whatever grammar/spelling errors i made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)