Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 24 (READ THE OP)

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
@ JRT: Yes, of course it will change the analysis a lot. At the moment, a big part of using Rotom-A is that it is a Ghost type, with the immunities and resistances that come with it, so it will no longer be used as a spinblocker, but equally it will no longer be so scared of Tyranitar. There will also be new Pokemon to contend with, so the analysis will have to change.

Sorry if this is the wrong thread but i don't know any other place to ask this: Why is Electivire so hated because it still keeps a postion in OU? I had used Electivire in various battles and it has being an amazing sweeper, I just don't see clearly why he is so hated.

The ones that don't banwagon the hate train dislike him in OU because there are arguably better pokemon in BL/UU. He's not necessarily 'amazing' as a sweeper but he's not bad either. To quote my post from a few pages back:

Electivire is capable of sweeping through teams and is a legitimate threat (most good RMTs list him as a medium threat at least); the problem is that he can't do anything that other pokemon cannot (like Lucario), so choosing him is seen as a noobish decision since its not the most competitive choice.

Granted this is from an experienced players perspective, most members that post "omg Electivire is still OU" in every statistics thread are bandwagoners, they try and bash Electivire to appear elite. I still like to flaunt that he's faster and stronger than Lucario though.

I'm about to catch Cresselia in Platinum. I know it's a wandering legendary, and wandering legends can't be synchronized using alakazam's ability. I'm just making sure this is the cas with Cress, as you do walk up and interact with her. So yeah, can her nature be synched?

Also, can you similarly synch pokemon like Jirachi and Manaphy, delivered by the man in the pokemart? Thanks.

I feel a little noobish asking this, but why is it that attack is, and I am totally generalizing this question, more preferred than special attack?

I can't really find a good example, but something like Gastrodon, why would it need Earthquake when it can just focus on SpA and use Earth Power?

Because the special walls tend to be stronger than physical walls. Blissey is pretty much unstoppable by any special pokemon, while skarmory and forry are beaten by physical fire types, gyarados by electric types, etc. In order to avoid being walled by one pokemon, they tend to choose physical attacks. Also, earth power has a lower base power compared to EQ< which means its weaker. Lastly, on gastrodon, using EQ lets you bluff a curse set.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Where's the best place to find Rare Candies ingame? I need like 18-20!
It depends on the game, but generally you need the Battle Frontier to get multiple Rare Candies.

Where can i get questions such as "is move x better than move y for this pokemon" answered?
Here would be fine. But first, look at the analysis, in the Other Options area or in the sets, because it might be covered there.

idiotfrommars

HODOR HODOR HODOR
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
I guess I hadn't fixed it. When I try to join #smogon on mIRC it tells me I heed a regestered nick but I already have one so how would I sign into it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)