Ask a simple question, get a simple answer mark 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do base statistics work with evolutions of Pokemon? Is it retroactive or go-forward? For example, if my Pokemon has a base speed statistic of 50 and it's evolution has a base speed of 100, will my Pokemon gain some extra speed to compensate for that difference upon evolving, or does the extra speed only come into play on levels I gain after the evolution?

I ask this question upon the basis of putting off evolving my Pokemon to obtain moves exclusive the the earlier forms. If I do this, am I missing out on better stats or does it not matter? If I'm missing out, I'll go through the trouble of breeding parents with the level up move, if it doesn't matter, then I won't worry about it.

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
It doesn't matter when you evolve a Pokemon. The stats of a Pokemon evolving at level 50 and the stats of a Pokemon evolving at level 99, assuming everything else is the same, will be the same.

I have a question regarding Power Trick.

If Medicham used this move, would Pure Power kick in with the switched Def, and would the Pure Powered Atk of 420 be directly transferred to Def? I've always wondered this. Since it wasn't mentioned in the Medicham analyses, I figured it didn't work, but I just wanted to make sure...

Is there any way to ensure that you can give a specific person a Pokemon, to ensure that after you agree on a trade here, noone else takes it? Do you enter the person's friend code to have it end up on your Pal Pad, or what?

edit (above poster)-No.

Is it worth having my Specs Alakazam Timid, instead of Modest?
Will it really outspeed that much more?

Is it worth having my Specs Alakazam Timid, instead of Modest?
Will it really outspeed that much more?

The excess Special Attack coming from Modest isn't really neccessary. However, on one side, Modest Specs Focus Blast 2HKOs a Blissey without any SDef investment, so it is entirely up to you

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
Yes, it will. Timid will let it outspeed things like Starmie, Infernape, Gengar and Azelf, who usually hang around the 340-361 zone, so it can kill them before they get the chance to attack.

Ice fang (Lvl. 32)
Earthquake (TM in Wayward Cave)
Dragon Dance (Lvl. 44)
Waterfall (HM in Sunyshore after you beat the 8th Gym Leader)

Dragon Dancing Gyarados moveset pulled from D/P Analysis

one more thing, sorry if i'm not supposed to do this...

i want to give the move maniac the item he is asking for, I know I have it, but I don't know how to give it to him.

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
I'm a total noob, and am wondering what attacks should I get for Gyarados and where do I get them?
Gyarados should usually have Dragon Dance (level up) and Taunt (TM12), and two of Stone Edge (TM71), Earthquake (TM26), Ice Fang (level), and Waterfall (HM07). Thunder Wave (TM73) is also occasionally seen.

Here is a new question from me as I am currently right now working to get an accurate IV calculation by clearing the EVS from my Garchomp that I spent the last 12 days training (just need to grow 10 each of all 6 stat-lowering berries).

At what level are Base Stats calculated for and how do they work with IVs?

Ice fang (Lvl. 32)
Earthquake (TM in Wayward Cave)
Dragon Dance (Lvl. 44)
Waterfall (HM in Sunyshore after you beat the 8th Gym Leader)

Dragon Dancing Gyarados moveset pulled from D/P Analysis
I replaced EQ with Taunt and have wrecked both a Wobbufett's Encore and a Skarmory's Whirlwind. ^_^

Edit: Sorry for the double post but wanted the guy to know that Taunt is also a viable option on Gyarados.

I am planning on using a Porygon2 as a special attacker in my Trick Room team. What would be a good moveset? Would this work?

Porygon2 @ Life Orb/ Leftovers
Quiet (Trace Ability)
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 SpAtk/ 6 SpDef
~Trick Room
~Tri-Attack
~Ice Beam
~Recover/ Thunderbolt

Would Recover be good for Porygon2?

Here is a new question from me as I am currently right now working to get an accurate IV calculation by clearing the EVS from my Garchomp that I spent the last 12 days training (just need to grow 10 each of all 6 stat-lowering berries).

At what level are Base Stats calculated for and how do they work with IVs?
Well... what do you mean by accurate? You can get it up to level 50, then subtract do the maths: Current Stat - (Base Stat + 5) = IV : 2.
For HP thought, you will need to multiply the base stat by 3 and subtract it from current stat. Then the result will be the IV divided by two. This is usualy the most precise way, althrough i strongly suggest you to use your brain. Usually, you can get pretty accurate result for the strongest stat around level 20 (Using characteristics).

my question:

Does the ever stone trick still does work in this version? If yes, female is the one who shall hold the ever stone, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)