CAP 12 CAP 1 - Concept Poll 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Momentum

To be quite honest, while I feel that these concepts are all fundamentally extremely strong... certainly much better than we've had in recent CAPs... I'm not sure I like them all that much, on reconsideration. As concepts they are all excellent, but I have a few nasty doubts that this may be the wrong time to use them.

The lead is, not to put too fine a point on it, pretty much dead in 5th Gen. There is no point in beating other leads, or tailoring your lead to do something specific. For entry hazards, Deoxys-S pretty much fills that role as well. On the other hand, the weather slayer seems rather limiting since it basically forces us to use Air Lock or Trace, which is a large part of the process gone. You may say that it is our challenge to find another way, but there doesn't seem to be one, especially given the "all weather conditions" part of the concept.

I have to go with Momentum even though I have reservations about it. For one thing, it seems pretty similar to what Kitsunoh ended up as, and secondly... the concept itself doesn't really mean anything in and of itself. This is a good thing in some ways, as it means we have a lot of leeway in which to manoeuvre, but I can't help feeling worried that the only way for a Pokemon to consistently change the tide of momentum for its user means that that Pokemon is broken. There are ways round this, perhaps, and that's why I'm trusting the CAP community to make the right decisions on this one.

Now, let's start CAPing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)