CAP 11 CAP 11 - Part 10 - Name Poll

What should the name be for CAP 11?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Voodoom because the other names just dont click wen u see CAP 11 and matches CAP11 perfectly.
puppetear: i dont hate it but i dont love it
voojitsu: it sounds nice but it doesnt match at all CAP 11
Stitchet: If Voodoom wasnt a choice i would have chosen this b/c both perfectly match CAP 11 but Voodoom just sounds a tini bit better
maybe the pre evo could be called that

Voojitsu is totally rad. I voted for it because Voodoom was just a working title as DJD made obvious and it doesn't incorporate the fighting flavor. Voojitsu also just sounds awesome. I like names with a lot of syllables and that end in vowels, just a personal preference I guess. Stitchet sounds like a baby Pokemon name to me and I really wanted to have some reference to the word "voodoo" in the title, so I didn't vote for Puppetear.

I voted Voodoom

But I had a nitpick about this. Does Houndoom have fire in it? where is the flying in Charizard?

Also, Voodoom was the best for me. I got attached to it, and it's Simple and clever.

When voting I was thinking "Can this CAP do what the name suggests"
Voojitsu: With its thick arms and legs, this CAP would be poor at submissions which are important in jujitsu.
Puppetear: A voodoo doll is not a puppet and has no way of using a puppet. Tear doesn't fit because the CAP looks mad rather than sad.
Stitchet: The CAP is covered in stiches and has a needle to stitch things with.
Voodoom: Voodoo and doom, good enough.

So now I'm left with Voodoom and Stitchet. Voodoom looks very good when typed out, but sounds bad when said because of all the long and soft sounds. Stitchet is the opposite and sounds good when said because of the hard sounds, but looks bad typed out because of the "et" at the end, something that isn't seen often in the English language.
I decided to vote for Voodoom because on a message board how a word looks is more important than how it sounds.

But I had a nitpick about this. Does Houndoom have fire in it? where is the flying in Charizard?
Yeah, but those were created by Game Freak, not us. I figured if right now we have the opportunity to add both dark and fighting flavor, then we should.

Really was a fan of Masofist and Bushidol, but nothing I can do about that now. Of what's up there, I had to go back to basics with Voodoom. I probably would have voted for Stichet if it had been spelled out "Stitchit", but as is Voodoom just has a great look to it.

I went with Voodoom, though before this poll I was hesistant to. I agreed on first hearing it that it was a great working name, but I wasn't expecting Doug to actually place it in the running for the name contest. I was hoping that something even better would surface. But with the other available options, the choice is clear. For those who want to incorporate both elements in the name, bear in mind that even some CAPs fail that rule; how does "Fidgit" incorporate ground and poison types? At any rate, it really isn't relevant. We are voting with what the coolest sounding name is. And the names of existing Pokemon should only be problematic if the proposed name is very similar to another. Voodoom fits the bill better than anything else.

It was hard to choose between puppetear and voodoom,

Puppetear is just brilliant, because of the puppet,teat, and musketier (wich he could be if he uses his needle as sword)

Voodoom is maybe more matching, but it doens't sound good when you say it I think,

Anyway I voted puppetear because of the slight preference

Stitchet is the opposite and sounds good when said because of the hard sounds, but looks bad typed out because of the "et" at the end, something that isn't seen often in the English language.
I probably would have voted for Stichet if it had been spelled out "Stitchit", but as is Voodoom just has a great look to it.
FREAKIN

Why did I have to corrupt that second "i"... *rages*

Voodoom

It stays more to the type, while Voojitsu sounds like an dark/fighting it doesn't sounds like a pokemon

Voodoom Doug's original name for it and it goes nice. I like all the others but Voodoom just goes more right with this CAP

I'm just pleased that my voojitsu name is doing as well as it is considering what a head start Voodoom got over the reast of the competition. That having been said, I wouldn't be dissapointed with voodoom, but I'm supporting my own Voojitsu.

Really thought something about the pokemon should suggest that it's a fighting type. Why not the name?

Voting Voojitsu.

Puppetear: A good name. For a puppet.
Voodoom: Awkward to say and sounds more Pure dark than Fighting/dark.
Stitchet: Reminds me too mych of Fidget.
Voojitsu: I really don't like it that much but it is fun to say and incorporates the typing.

Houndoom. Voodoom. Yeah, the original name is really more fitting, even if it had some similarity to the Houndoom. The name Doug came up with just click at the roll of my tongue. I'm liking it.

I voted Voodoom.

I like all four names and I don't have any preference towards any of them, nor do I have any problems with any of them.

That said, I feel that Voodoom has an irrevocable advantage: the design was referred to by that name before the art polls, so between then and the name submissions thread, it was implanted into the minds of those involved in this process. This means that, when the name submissions thread came around, the name Voodoom had support before it was even submitted. However, you can't deny that there was something about the working name that made it a good name for the design instead of something like "the voodoo doll" or "Dollmon", which is why people grew attached to the name before the name submissions thread, and possibly one of the reasons why the design won.
Exactly how I feel. No names got a chance to shine because of it.

I voted Voojitsu because I like it better than the other 3. But in all seriousness, it seemed to emphasize it as a Fighting and a Dark type while being Voodoo instead of double-emphasizing Dark without Fighting.

Voodoom it just makes sense this would be his name it shows how he's dark and fighting better than Voojitsu which is honestly too plain...and sounds like a computer company Fujitsu. :P I just thought i'd be a dick. And come on really...too similar to Houndoom? Quoted for fucking truth.
This people. Voted for Voodoom as well. I liked the name when DjD first introduced his concept (I love it btw), and it immediately felt right for it. So what if it doesn't give a ''Fighting'' feeling on CAP 11. You don't see Articuno having a name that feels like a ''flying'' type, only the feeling of an Ice-type. So I don't see the problem.

This people. Voted for Voodoom as well. I liked the name when DjD first introduced his concept (I love it btw), and it immediately felt right for it. So what if it doesn't give a ''Fighting'' feeling on CAP 11. You don't see Articuno having a name that feels like a ''flying'' type, only the feeling of an Ice-type. So I don't see the problem.
my only criticism there is that the artwork leaves no doubt that it's a flying type.

Perhaps a better example would have been Flygon, whose design doesn't depict the Ground-type that much and neither does his name.

I'm just pleased that my voojitsu name is doing as well as it is considering what a head start Voodoom got over the reast of the competition. That having been said, I wouldn't be dissapointed with voodoom, but I'm supporting my own Voojitsu.

Really thought something about the pokemon should suggest that it's a fighting type. Why not the name?
Ever looked at CAP 11 and seen a punching bag at all ? Maybe a voodoo doll with crazy pins all over it?
Idk, To me CAP 11 is exploding with signs its a fighting type.
All I'm sayin is, If CAP 11 got you in a dead end alley with no where to go, you'd surely be Hi Jump kick'd and left with your bricks broken.

Doug's name submission has over 50% of the votes; therefore, Voodoom is the name of CAP 11.

You can refer to CAP 11 as Voodoom now. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)