CAP 11 CAP 11 - Part 11b - Attacking Moves Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ice Punch
Paleo Wave
Sucker Punch

Ice Punch for Zapdos isn't needed if we have Ice Beam

Paleo Wave is a signature move for Stratagem and should remain as such

Sucker Punch is a handy tool against Gengar, Starmie, Rotom appliances and friends

Ice Punch
Paleo Wave
Sucker Punch

Ice Punch is nothing compared to Ice Beam. There's no reason to drop it with that meager attack stat.

Paleo Wave is unnecessary against Zapdos if we have Ice Beam. And I'd prefer it stay as a signature move for Stratagem.

Sucker Punch helps him beat Gengar, Starmie, and Rotom...but he has no business beating them. Didn't we choose his stats such that he had to speed tie with Gengar?

toshimelonhead

Honey Badger don't care.
is a Tiering Contributor
Ice Punch
Paleo Wave
Sucker Punch

kalamadude is right on the first two imo. Sucker Punch is fine by me coming off of its weaker attack stat and that most Gengar run the sub pain split set that nullifies Sucker Punch.

Ice Punch
Paleo Wave
Sucker Punch

Ice Punch is an inferior Ice Beam. Maybe it can kill Specially Defensive Zappy better. Sure, let's roll with that.

Paleo Wave is an inferior Ice Beam. It's a signature move. We don't need it, as it's only for killing Zapdos, and Ice Beam does that.

If you REALLY want to use a moveslot for Starmie and 100% of Gengar, be my guest. Wynaut?

Ice Punch
Paleo Wave
Sucker Punch

No one will probably use Ice Punch anyway. Gengar & Starmie are two problems to the duo, but other bulky Waters won't be bothered by Sucker Punch much, so I vote to keep that in. Paleo Wave is redundant with Ice Beam (and Blizzard), so I see no reason to waste a VGM slot.

Okay look, Ice Punch is un needed, and Paleo Wave like other people have said is just Icebeam with generally less useful coverage except on Gyarados. Sucker Punch I'm torn on, but I really doubt its use anyway. The two reasons I'm going to support it are Starmie and Gengar, both of which pose a significant offensive threat to Togekiss.

Ice Punch
Paleo Wave
Sucker Punch

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Shutting this mother down:

Out of 141 votes:

100 Ice Punch
88 Sucker Punch

21 Paleo Wave

Ice Punch and Sucker Punch move on, having gained a majority.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)