CAP 11 CAP 11 - Part 11b - Attacking Moves Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ice Punch
Paleo Wave
Sucker Punch

Paleo Wave is a signature move, so I'm already kind of against giving that to other Pokemon. It has Power Gem for a Rock type move anyway, it's only 15 base power less. Sucker Punch seems unnecessary to me because of all the priority it already gets, and the "bulk up/sub/focus punch/sucker punch" set that someone mentioned earlier. That would be too good by itself and thus would not fulfill the concept anymore.

Ice Punch
Paleo Wave
Sucker Punch

Honestly, I would rather not see any of these be in Voodoom's movepool. However, I am standing by te reasoning that Zapdos should be considered the most when it comes to the former. Ice Punch, though it would be weaker to Ice Beam in most cases, would help deal with Specially Defensive Zapdos which may see a return after Voodoom is created.

Paleo Wave doesn't deserve to be here. That was Strategem's move, and HP Rock or Power Gem deals with the same Pokemon. Also, it would help force a Hidden Power choice which would mean other Pokemon could act as a check depending on the type.

Sucker Punch is not needed, and would help create more physical movesets than special. We do not need something to threaten Starmie, or something that could potentially force Gengar to lose an encounter if it does not carry Substitute. I belive that Gengar and Voodoom had a speed tie to allow Gengar the chance to land a KO.

Ice Punch
Paleo Wave
Sucker Punch

This thing has 85 base attack only. These things aren't going to be doing much.

Ice Punch
Paleo Wave
Sucker Punch

I don't think he needs another CAP's signature move, and Ice Punch is unnecessary. Sucker Punch, however I feel would fit him.

DarkSlay

Guess who's back? Na na na! *breakdances*
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Ice Punch
Paleo Wave
Sucker Punch

If Ice Beam is allowed, Ice Punch is pretty much redundant IMO. I'm not voting for Paleo Wave because of the Attack drop. Neutral 4 Atk Voodoom OHKO's Starmie and Gengar after Stealth Rock damage, FYI. I don't want it beating its counters.

Ice Punch
Paleo Wave
Sucker Punch

The only times Ice Punch has any advantage over Ice Beam are very situational, and as such it will not be broken.

Paleo Wave is Stratagem's signature move, and Ice Beam already covers everything it does better. If you want a rock move, use Power Gem.

Sucker Punch should not be allowed, Voodoom has 110 Speed for a reason. Starmie and Gengar outspeed it, we should not allow it such an easy pass against these two threats to the Togekiss/Voodoom core.

Ice-eyes

Simper Fi
Ice Punch
Paleo Wave
Sucker Punch

There's no reason not to give it Ice Punch. Sucker Punch only hits specific targets which threaten the core, so should be allowed. It reinforces the concept, but it's too weak to do much else.

Blackhawk11

one on one
Ice Punch
Paleo Wave
Sucker Punch

Only Ice Punch because I don't think it will be very powerful at all, even on a Bulk Up set. Fighting + Dark will be good enough for coverage, do I think Voodoom would rather have Substitute to block status or a (Fighting) priority move in it's fourth slot. So Ice Punch won't be broken and therefore should be allowed.
Sucker Punch and Paleo Wave are the opposite of Ice Punch, both significantly help against certain Pokemon that I feel don't need to be countered by Voodoom. Starmie and Gyarados should be left to Togekiss to take care of (read: paralyze), not Voodoom.

Ice Punch
Paleo Wave
Sucker Punch

Ice Punch and Paleo wave are redundant with Ice Beam, and Sucker Punch lets Voodoom beat Gengar and Starmie. IIRC, we don't want to beat them for the sake of speed tie suspense and having counters/checks to the Doom/Kiss core. So, no to all three.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)