CAP 9 CAP 9 - Name Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Damn! It's a narwhal! Damn!

moi said:
Name: Stop the Secondary
Description: A Pokémon that through means of ability, moves, and typing, can stop a variety of the non damaging affect of moves and moves of non damaging origin.

Justification: While the immediate threat of damaging moves is large and present, the affect of moves such as status, Trick, Leech Seed, Taunt, Stealth Rock, Spikes have arguably had a greater affect to the metagame than anything has ever had, something that this would greatly look in to.

Questions to be Answered:
~ How easily would a Pokémon with such large of a niche be able to fit into a competitive team?
~ How large of an impact would the reducation of non damaging affects and moves have on the metagame?
- What, if any, would happen to the types of teams being used?
- How would this affect the usage of these types of moves?​
~ How much of an affect does typing have on the ability for ANY Pokémon to perform this duty?
Typing: Dark/Ground
Ability: Auto-Magic Coat
Ability: Guts
Stat Spread: 133/122/72/71/71/95

Discuss and or submit names for CAP 9. Rules:

• Names must be submitted as a final submission to be considered in the poll. Make it clear so I know that it is your final submission.
  • You may ask for advice, but bumping of any kind is not allowed. If people don't comment on your name, the silence is your advice. You can revise it and repost it, but please don't ask for help 20943 times in the thread.
  • Keep the name at or under 10 characters. 10 characters is allowed, but the best names are shorter usually. Basic pokemon rules etc.
  • Do not post "Name is cool" or "I like name". Your post will be infracted and deleted. You need some reasoning behind it, such as why it sounds good. We aren't looking for a critical analysis, just a sentence or two.
  • one submission only!
gl go

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The first shall be first.

Final Submission:

Claiming Tunnarwhal. Tunnel + Narwhal.

Final Submission

Nardual (Narr-Doo-Al)

Narwhal is obvious, the theme is stopping the secondary, and Dual seems fitting, as dual effect moves are priority (damage + status). Nardual seems to fit together nicely, and doesn't sound Too double barrel cliché. Also, Dual is Very similar to Duel, which is fitting with CAP9s offensive capabilities, and the fact his horn is very similar to a sword.

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
To start off the overwheliming flood of latin with:

Terracean

(Terra + Cetacean)

Cerapace

(Cetacean + Carapace)

Drillfin

(Drill + fin. Awesome.)

Narbrawl

(Narwhal + brawl)

I like Tunnarwhal. :D

Terrawhal = Terra + Narwhal
Additionally Terra can sound like "terror," complimenting it's Dark-type.

-Terywj

Tenebral

Tenebra (the latin word for darkness is "tenebrae").

The "l" in the end is for "Whal", as in narwhal.

I think that's it for my creativity.

I'll take a shot at this:

Dhrellor (Driller + Hell, with some letter swaps)
Being a drilling pokemon, whom is a dark type, I bet this guy can go down to the underworld as he pleases, so name fits. Of coarse I could be offending people with use of hell, but trying to replace it with heck makes the name sound retarded.

Brambane

protect the wetlands
is a Contributor Alumnus
Tectonodon

teck-tawn-no-dawn

Tectonics + Don

Plate tectonics is the explanation of how the earth is split into seperate plates which constantly shift. "Don" comes from Latin, meaning the word "tooth". A narwhal's tusk is actually an overgrown incisor tooth, so it makes sense.

Narwill

Narwhal + Drill or Will

or

Dreadrill

Dread + Drill

It has a drill. It has Guts. its going to have something to do with drills or Guts.

final submission

Borhamut

Bore
--as in 'to bore through the ground.'

+

Bahamut
--sometimes a fish, sometimes a whale, Bahamut is a large sea creature of some kind in Arabian mythology that supports the Earth. Technically, it supports a bull that supports a mountain that supports angels etc. that support the Earth, but you get the idea.

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Err, a little advice from me here but I find it hilarious people are posting final submissions already, at least wait a bit and receive some feedback before the name you suggest is submitted and you can't change your final submission whatsoever =/. It's only been half an hour or so guys, chillax

Mobyss
After Moby Dick and abyss.
Moby Dick is described as a fiendish, twisted creature, even called the Devil Incarnate.
He is also described to be supernatural, wich also fits with the whole Dark theme.

Abyss, seing as he lives deep under the ground. You can also say that all dark monsters comes from an abyss. Even the word sounds and have a evil feel, wich also fits with the Dark theme.

Terrakiri
(just sound it out :P)
Terra- earth but can also sound like terror and kiri- japenese for drill kiri also sounds alittle like kill and well it just adds to the coolness
it also sounds like terriyaki, mmmmmnnnn whale terriyaki *licks lips*

TerrWhal
(pronounced like tear & wall)
its got terr which can be terra for ground or terror for dark and whal as in whale

ill try and think of other names but i like this one so far
Similar to my Terrawhalno? I think the "a" makes a difference since it makes the word flow, and again, terra can sound like terror, attributing CAP9's Dark-type.

Nardrill - Narwhal + Drill (Sounds too much like Beedrill, though)

Whaldon - Whale + don [Assembled with "tun" in tunneling?]

-Terywj

Uh...
Penetracean?
Oh, wait, that's over 10 characters...
I really like it though, (Penetration+cetacean/ocean) so I'd like to say it anyway...
Probably will add more that are shorter. However, in the meantime, if you guys could suggest ways to make it shorter, I'd like that, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)