CAP 9 CAP 9 - Name Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cetrraceal: Cetacean+Terra+Narwhal (for the L).
PS: Golbez, doesn't penetration sound a little... innuendo-ish?

PS: Golbez, doesn't penetration sound a little... innuendo-ish?
I already said I didn't mean that. Frikking Pervs.
Just kidding. You guys rock. But anyway, I'm not going to do something like that, especially in a E rated game(This site, maybe not rated E, but oh well). Penetration means Drill. Look it up!

My submission is Terreine.

It can be interpreted on several levels:

Initially there is the play on words: Terrain ~ Terreine
Also a combination of meanings: Terr - Earth/Ground | Eine - French for Whale

Together: Earth Whale.

Terrain Definition: A tract of land, esp. as considered with reference to its natural features, military advantages, etc. (Dictionary.com)
  • He requires a strategic mind to eliminate the secondary: the military advantages.

I had heard a comment on the IRC channel about perhaps giving the Pokemon a name that makes it sound more light, to open up the possibility of it actually sounding reasonable for Grass Knot to hit it lightly. Inspired by this, I looked for a name that would make it sound like its more fat/air than anything, like Blissey. Going down that line, I came up with Bubbawharl, which, despite what you might be thinking, actually did come from an extreme corruption of "Blubber" (I came up with Blubbawharl first, but it didn't sound as good with the l to me), and "Narwhal." I might end up changing the spelling of it a bit (I'm also considering tossing around "Bubbawhirl", but I'm not sure), but at least for now, I pretty much like it as is.

I'm thowing the name Bulklub out there.

-"Bulklub" has those heavy and whimsical sounds that one would expect from looking at CAP9.
-It doesn't delve too far into the foreign, cryptic-sounding words.
-It comes from any combination of "Bulk," "Club," and "Blubber."
-It's a palindrome.
-Can't you see a giant CAP9 on the cartoon, burrowing out of the ground, and grunting a big "Kluub, Bulkluuuub"?
-Say "Bulklub." That was the most fun you've had all day.

Oh, I just had a spark, it might be nothing or genius.

CAP9 is the arch-nemesis of Lanturn :D

So, I suggest:

Gnarwhirl

Kind of the normal animal name with some sprucing, like Lanturn.

Oraboro
Orca + Burrow, I really like the sound this makes, and Pokemon with names that start with vowels are awesome.

or

Narboro
Narwhal + Burrow, Not a huge fan of using Narwhal for a Narwhal, but w/e. It makes you think, "Narb!"

Oh, I just had a spark, it might be nothing or genius.

CAP9 is the arch-nemesis of Lanturn :D

So, I suggest:

Gnarwhirl

Kind of the normal animal name with some sprucing, like Lanturn.

I like gnarwhirl, but I was also thinking of Drillwhil or Nardrill

just giving ideas for the Cap 9

how about

Whampage(wham-peyj) or Narwhage(Nar-weyj)

comes from the word Narwhal and Rampage.

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
I been lovingly referring to this beastie as Gnarwhirl since spriting him.

Obviously referring to his whirling drills, combined withe the root animal. Obviously the g is silent and spelling the name with it seems to fit him very much somehow.

Plus the name is very smooth and rolls off the tongue and is a total of two syllables.

Plesiogiza

Pless-C-oh-gi-za

(I never took hooked on phonics)

Like Plesiosaurus, but with giza, the swahili word for darkness. Who doesn't like them Swahili people, eh?

Orachimba

I saw ora, and thought of the dentist. It needs work, but those dentistry drills remind me of the whale. Chimba is part of Kuchimba, or dig in Swahili.

HA! I fixed it so there isn't an not-intended innuendo!

Excavacean (just pronounced Excavation, excavation+cetacean)

And more that aren't combos of words...
Grappnel (means claw/horn)
Bulddoze (buld doze, or just bulldoze)

Obviously referring to his whirling drills, combined withe the root animal. Obviously the g is silent and spelling the name with it seems to fit him very much somehow.

Plus the name is very smooth and rolls off the tongue and is a total of two syllables.
I like the way you think ;)

Hmmm.... I'm not to intent on winning here, but I wan't to contribute somthing anyway. If it gets chosen, fantastic, if not, whatever. So this is my
FINAL SUBMISSION

Terranara

Backround: (How I came up w/ it)
Wrote down three Italian words that have to do with burrowing, and drills, and wrote them down for inspiration:
trapano
tana
solco

Writing down variations of this, and then thinking of the english word terrain, I eventually came up with this.
I was orginally gonna do somthing Russian, since that's where narwhals are mainly located, but the alphabet barrier prevented that. Was going to do somthing to to with trapano, (trap) since it sort of has to do with this, but I decided againsed it. (sounded wierd to me)
if you would like to do somthing like that, feel free to! Infact, I encourage you to!

Let's just keep it simple and cll it Earthhorn (earth + horn).

After all, its distinguishing feature is the giant horn sticking out of the ground.

Also, what about Gardrill (garchomp + drill)?

Being a land narwhal it's obviously a distant cousin of the land shark.

Really liking this submission--it's my favorite thus far. It's real easy on the tounge, and looks good.

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Final Submission

Colossoil

Colossal + Soil

Basic name, doesn't sound complicated. Colossal to reflect upon its massive HP and big picture. Soil to reflect on its part Ground-typing

Colossal: so great in size or force or extent as to elicit awe
Soil:
he part of the earth's surface consisting of humus and disintegrated rock

Heh, reading it over, my name sort of sounds like "sianara". Cool! Also, My favorite out of the names i've seen are Earthhorn (really simple, yet awesome!) Oroboro (sounds cool) and terrein (awsome name, sort of took inspiration from it for my own)
Edit: nvm the best name has to be Colossoil
As a general rule, I don't like any names with an ending of whal or anything related to blubber. That just sounds weird

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
Please disregard my post lol. Obviously I'm gonna be supporting that name rofl.

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Since it actually got criticisms, which are seemingly rare on this thread since everyone has their own submissions, I rest my hopes on...

Narbrawl

It is a fusion of Narwhal + Brawl. Narwhal since it is a narwhal; Brawl because of its huge hands, bulky physique, and high attack stat, which all tend to support the word Brawl, meaning combat.
Narbrawl

(Narwhal + brawl)
uhh thanks for stealing bmb's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)