Ditto

leftovers isn't shitty against HO, it's just that it generally comes down to a speed tie. you can still bluff a scarf on lefties ditto if it comes in after a death, meaning they might not attempt the tie, but he can't bluff a scarf the rest of the time, what with Stealth Rock and all. is leftovers really necessary on stall-destroying Ditto, considering most stall mons have recovery?

Leftovers ditto can definitely helpful since getting hp back after switching in is a huge bonus (since it's probably going to be doing so a lot). You can also prevent speed tie problems by paralyzing the opponent as I mentioned before.

I feel one of the biggest counters to Impostor Ditto, will be Wobbuffet.

Scarfed version easily goes down to the appropriate move (CounterCoat), while leftovers will be encored and taken out.

I feel one of the biggest counters to Impostor Ditto, will be Wobbuffet.

Scarfed version easily goes down to the appropriate move (CounterCoat), while leftovers will be encored and taken out.
Wobbuffet is a revenge-killer, not a counter. Imposter Ditto doesn't really have any really counter, because it can be every single pokemon in the entire metagame, and if something could counter every single pokemon, I'm have the impression it would be banned from ubers even. Also, if you transform into a dark-type, and use a special move, mirror coat can't touch you, and if you transform into a ghost type, counter can't touch (though there aren't that many physically-based ghosts.)

And another thing, if imposter Ditto steals some boosts, Wobbuffet is probably gonna have a hard time tanking a hit and retaliating, even with its massive HP stat.

Wobbuffet is a revenge-killer, not a counter. Imposter Ditto doesn't really have any really counter, because it can be every single pokemon in the entire metagame, and if something could counter every single pokemon, I'm have the impression it would be banned from ubers even. Also, if you transform into a dark-type, and use a special move, mirror coat can't touch you, and if you transform into a ghost type, counter can't touch (though there aren't that many physically-based ghosts.)

And another thing, if imposter Ditto steals some boosts, Wobbuffet is probably gonna have a hard time tanking a hit and retaliating, even with its massive HP stat.
Umm Wobbuffet (with a 232/252 spread) has enough bulk to live 1 Choice-Banded Tyranitars Crunch. Then in the same turn using Counter will easily take it out.
Wobbuffet is a counter to choice-scarf Ditto, as he is locked into a move that Wobbuffet can easily take, and wipe out Ditto with ease.

Also you cant ban anything from Ubers (except Moody) As itself is a tier where you can use anything in regular play.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
I'm going to have to side with Motion here on every count. Wobbuffet may be able to take a CBtar crunch, but it would only be able to check ditto, and that only if it came in on something lame like a +1 DDnite. If something gets enough boosts, not even Wobby can stop it.

also, you can ban things from Ubers, as shown by Moody. If something is that disgustingly broken then the Ubers players have a right to restabilize their meta like everyone else.

I'm going to have to side with Motion here on every count. Wobbuffet may be able to take a CBtar crunch, but it would only be able to check ditto, and that only if it came in on something lame like a +1 DDnite. If something gets enough boosts, not even Wobby can stop it.

also, you can ban things from Ubers, as shown by Moody. If something is that disgustingly broken then the Ubers players have a right to restabilize their meta like everyone else.
Moody was just an exception. Much like the Drizzle + SwSw ban.

Anyway, I really want Ditto to be released so setting up with shit becomes dangerous <,<

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
Ditto never really made setting up dangerous and it still doesn't. It does however make setting up without a counter to your own sweeper dangerous. In DW you'll tend to see Haxorus paired up with Skarmory instead of Magnezone sometimes because of that fact.

If a sweeper's good enough to be on your team, you should probably have a counter for other ones that show up anyway, Ditto or not.
Ditto really doesn't have that big of an effect outside of making common sense more...common.

Now i can't set up shit anymore- unless i use a steel poke with poison attacks or something
or start using substitute on everything

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Countering smash pass is awesome since it is such a cheesy strategy anyways. Ditto's impact on the metagame should be quite interesting but based on dw ou stats it doesn't seem to be quite as dominant as it was predicted to be, even in a metagame where exca and thundurus exist. Chandelure might be part of what's keeping it back, however, though I personally also don't expect ditto to hit top 10 once people calm down with the "new pkmn rush" even without its influence.

That, and you'd think that given Team Preview, Ditto's impact on OU will be less then in DW OU where he's actually a surprise. Now you will simply know he's there, which makes it easier to play around him.

Oh herru no.

At least there'll be a drop in Dragon-types, maybe - copying a CB Haxorus and rampaging with a DD off the bat sounds beastly fun to try. Oh, and it can sic a Sacred Sword back on Keldeo too. Interedasting :o

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)