Tournament Doubles Premier League 9 - Week 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryo yamada2001

ryo yamada2001
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

quadruple tie!!
PLAYER RECORDS SHEET | PUBLIC SCHEDULE SHEET (courtesy of big pichu)

Slateport City Sp_ndas (5) vs (3) Rustboro Baptist Church

SV: Xrn vs Nido-Rus
SV: Mizuhime vs ratpacker
SV: umbry vs Lemurro
DUU: Hys vs big pichu
SS: Star vs duckpond
SM: Nails vs Level 51
XY: Mako vs Yellow Paint
BW: Lunar. vs DaAwesomeDude1

Spikemuth Spectral Thieves (3) vs (5) Snowpoint City Cold Crew

SV: JRL vs Sanjay das
SV: robjr vs Chris32156
SV: Wille vs Feyy
DUU: EternalSnowman vs AIRedzone
SS: zoe vs Platinum God n1n1
SM: Croven vs SMB
XY: Grandmas Cookin vs Amaranth
BW: Mishimono vs Akaru Kokuyo

Santalune Storms (4) vs (4) Browbeat Lands
SV: YoBuddy vs Voltix
SV: Paraplegic vs miltankmilk
SV: raf vs MADARAAAA
DUU: Actuarily vs Nephtyrix
SS: Shadowmonstr7 vs Meminger21
SM: GenOne vs Ann
XY: SingleThunder vs talkingtree
BW: DaWoblefet vs KyleCole

Tohjo Tramplers (2) vs (6) Paldea Cratermakers
SV: papiloco vs Arcticblast
SV: luisin vs Zeal
SV: Mom Lover vs laptops
DUU: bage1 vs Frixel
SS: tyo vs Animus
SM: MajorBowman vs Tman
XY: Memoric vs zee
BW: Spurrific vs smudgerox

The deadline for this round is Monday, April 10 01:00 GMT+1
Activity losses will be punished by marks of shame!​

Last edited:
It is with great shame and remorse that I must inform you that I am no longer 33% accurate with my DUU predicts. To atone for my sin of 100% accuracy I will preach the gospel of Heattom.

With several mons dropping from DOU to DUU, this week will be fairly experimental and will hopefully allow us to get a good sense of how the meta shifts.

DUU: Hys vs big pichu

Rock and Stone! Hys has been building really solid teams and puts together some cool sets, so I'm excited to see what he brings this week. He seems to be on top of the meta changes and incorporating them into building. big pichu faced a really unfortunate matchup last week into rain, which may hopefully lead him to take Hys's scout into greater consideration when prepping.

DUU: Actuarily vs Nephtyrix

Nephtyrix is still a little bit of an enigma in the DUU slot; not having an extensive scout can work in their favor. However, I think Act is more than capable of dealing with unconventional team structures like the one Nephtyrix brought in Week 3.

DUU: bage1 vs Frixel

I think bagel's going to have fun with the new mons in the meta, so hopefully I get to steal some team ideas from him :tyke:

DUU: EternalSnowman vs AIRedzone

This matchup hurts my soul; not only do I have to face a fellow Westie but also a player who is symbolically part of the Cold Crew. Regardless, I shall fight with all my vigor.

Other assorted predicts:

SS: zoe vs THE n1est Platinum GOD n1n1

This is hopefully the only time I make a prediction for my own team, but I am HYPED for the glorious return of n1n1.

SS: tyo vs Animus

Ray put it perfectly, never predict against The Jerk (I still don't fully understand what The Jerk is).

SM: MajorBowman vs Tman

Battle of the Mans, Bowman's casting prowess gives him the upper hand.

Z Strats

Banned deucer.
With week 4 over we are now over halfway through the regular season! I will be reviewing every team's performance and compare where I rated them in pr to where they are now (now being the start of week 5 when I wrote most of this). In my prs I said I thought teams were quite even this year and I think that so far has proven true with teams 3rd-6th having the same amount of points as well as no team doomed just yet and definitely no teams relieved and feeling safe about their position.

The first week with sp_ndas not in first place as the Storms have overtaken us. While I will stand by the fact that they super lucked us they have clearly been doing well despite that and I obviously didn't think they would do this well. The biggest reason for their success is their X-0 slots, actuarily and shadow both being 4-0 is huge for them and their bw slot is 3-1 as well. There are still concerns with their sv dou going negative every week but right now their team has gotten the wins they've needed to avoid that being a problem yet.

Rest of schedule: Lands (7th), Cold Crew (5th), Cratermakers (6th)

I definitely see the storms making playoffs I do expect some of their slots to slow down but could see their sv picking up as well leaving them in a similar spot. The currently first place team not making playoffs when the rest of their schedule is currently non playoffs teams would mean something went terribly wrong.

Go Sp_ndas!

Rest of schedule: Church (8th), Lands (7th), Cold Crew (5th)

I said in my predictions that I expect tyo and bagel to hit and that would determine the success of the Tramplers and right now only 1/2 have. After a disastrous w1 their SV has done better than I thought they would do though I expect them to slow down there. This week they're against the cratermakers who have a good SS and a good SM so the Tramplers really want tyo or Bowman to get a game and start getting back to peak form, but I don't know if that happens here I predicted both of them to lose.

Rest of schedule: Cratermakers (6th), Church (8th), Thieves (4th)

Whether the Tramplers make playoffs or not really depends on how they perform this week, if they beat the cratermakers they should be in the clear but a loss or tie with tyo and Bowman losses and the Tramplers could suffer the same fate as last year Squirtles where two players just couldn't get it together and they end up missing playoffs. I predict 7 points for the Tramplers at this point in the season and idk if that makes playoffs or not.

The master of ties have tied every week which is good enough for 4th right now. JRL has been great as expected but robjr has also stepped up in big ways for the thieves. The biggest issue for the thieves was always going to be players getting used to the suboptimal tiers some would have to be placed in and while mishi has been struggling he did get a much needed win last week and could carry that momentum going forward. I always had thieves pegged as a team that'll get stronger as the tour goes on and everyone got used to their position more if mishi does indeed start doing better while everyone else continues doing average-good then the thieves could become quite the threat.

Rest of schedule: Cold Crew (5th), Cratermakers (6th), Tramplers (3rd)

While I did say I think Thieves get better, they also have on paper a harder schedule than teams ahead of them. I do expect them to be near the bubble and think it'll come down to the very last week vs the Tramplers. If you asked me to say yes or no to do the thieves make playoffs I'd say yes.

The Cold Crew started off strong but made in my opinion some weird lineup decisions which I think might've hurt them a bit. Their SV and their DUU has actually performed a lot better than I expected so good job to them but another concern of mine which was an Amaranth in BW with not enough support has indeed hurt them a lot. After four weeks they have now taken him off of BW and made a swap with an also struggling Akaru but I don't know if the swap saves them at this point, especially since I expect their DUU to slow down a bit with Actu coming up next week.

Rest of Schedule: Spectral Thieves (4th), Storms (1st), Sp_ndas (2nd)

At this point in the season I do not think Cold Crew make playoffs anymore, the games they have gotten points in have been against the currently bottom 3 teams in the standings and they're going have to really step it up compared to other teams to make it work. If the Amaranth Akaru swap works and they can get some momentum going this week it's not at all bad for them but the Storms are still going to be tough opponents that I think match up well against them either way.

The Cratermakers are 6th place but really they have the exact same amount of points as 3rd place so it really doesn't matter much. I think they've been doing quite good for themselves despite their current placement. Arctics 2-1 and looked like his seasonal run can convert into team tour success, zeal has been a really good sub for them so far and animus after week 1 has looked like scl starter animus despite the VGC commitments. I think Tman has been a bit disappointing but he's now faced the strongest of the SM pool already so I expect an upswing there. I think what I'm scared of most for the Cratermakers is their DUU and their BW. Their DUU is struggling and about to face the two best duu records in the later weeks and while smudge has won the last two weeks I don't expect it to last against spurrific, mishi and DaWob. If the rest of the team can rally and get thier wins then it can be fine but those two slots are in for some tough games and will really need to bring their A game.

Rest of Schedule: Tramplers (3rd), Spectral Thieves (4th), Storms (1st)

While I do think the Cratermakers match up well vs the Tramplers, with their upcoming schedule it feels like a must win game to me as the other two teams will still be a tough battle. If they beat the Tramplers I honestly think they sneak in for playoffs but if they lose or tie to them I don't think they will. I'll predict yes just so my playoff predictions arent the top 4 teams in the standings.
Edit: As of when this is posted my predictions are now just top 4 teams in the standings LOL

Another team I think has had some unideal lineups over the weeks and have potentially been punished for it as well. Really though the Lands biggest problem is 3 players who are 0-3, two are now subbed but Kyle is still in and I don't think he'll be beating DaWob. Not all hope is lost for the Lands though as their subs have picked up some wins and looked good though. I'm glad to see Meminger back in SS, though Eragon is now benched which is hopefully also just a one time thing as to have any chance at playoffs I think they will definitely need one of their expensive players to get back to playing like their price tag.

Rest of Schedule: Storms (1st), Sp_ndas (2nd), Church (8th)

They are only 1 point away from 3rd but I still don't see the Lands making the playoffs, there's too many things that need to improve over other teams in my opinion and their schedule is not as easy.

While not doomed yet the Church are certainly in a dire spot as one more loss will realistically ruin their playoff chances. My biggest gripe with the church was Nido being the only real long term proven player on the team and after week 4 we see a 4-0 Nido and a lot of other players just not performing well. Dad1 has been a big win compared to his price tag for the church as well becoming this years checkmater, but after that it's nothing but even and negative slots for the church. Like I said though it's not doomed for the Church just yet I think their lineup now is their best lineup and if Level 51 can get more wins and Duckpond in SS works out they could maybe pull off the miracle run.

Rest of Schedule: Sp_ndas (2nd), Tramplers (3rd), Lands (7th)

Just like things would need to go really bad for storms to not make playoffs, things would need to go really well for Church to make playoffs I do not see it happening.

zoe asked me to do SS predicts and I regret doing them because not only has it held up me posting this post but the most interesting SS game for me to talk about has already been played :changry:

zoe vs Platinum God n1n1 - The only thing that makes sense for the Cold Crew to put n1n1 in SS is that Ninja has asked to not play. n1n1 is just a huge wild card who could bring anything and really doesn't have any of the proven success Ninja has especially in SS. Zoe on the other hand has gotten a lot better and has done well in SS as of late. After a good upset win vs Eragon I definitely expect her to get another win this week.

Shadowmonstr7 vs Meminger21 - Game already happened but I'm 90% sure I predicted Meminger in the predictions sheet. I really liked Memingers team this week using a toise/staka team a core I have used a bit and think is pretty underrated in this gen, one probably should be goggles but it didn't end up mattering despite the amoong. Shadow just brought something you would expect from him, a psyspam HO team with a random ttar presumably for opposing psyspam? Overall I think Meminger definitely had matchup and played the matchup really well to get the win.

tyo vs Animus - Animus has looked really good despite his w1 loss picking up 3 in a row. Tyo is coming off of a loss vs Star who Animus also lost to as well. This game should honestly be a really good one to watch but I think Tramplers put tyo in SS a little too late as he is once again against a very good opponent. Animus team choices and play has just been too good the past 3 weeks to bold against, while tyo is really good as well he has been bringing stuff I expect from him and hasn't found the greatest success yet this DPL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)