NOC eli loves matrices game thread [Game Over, Town Win!]

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
like i've been sick p much all week w/ laryngitis + long covid stuff and i was hoping it'd clear up before this weekend But It Did Not but also i'm feeling better enough so far this morning that i might try and go to this concert tn depending on how things go
Damn hope you recover well, don't forget to get lots of anti-oxidants in :sphearical:
and there was enough legitimate scrutiny around hal last game that i think without the mech bullshit kicking in fewer people get snowed (like, on paper he was actually extremely paired w Aura and Laurel but it's easy to ignore what's Right There In Front Of You when everything else is going on
Can you give me a brief synopsis of last game wrt this situation if it's relevant here?

one, because there's only been a handful of posters (and posts) to contextualize it (it can very easily come from town, for any number of reasons)
but also because in a w!OM world, the unspoken objective of making that push is to keep me on his good side

Damn hope you recover well, don't forget to get lots of anti-oxidants in :sphearical:

Can you give me a brief synopsis of last game wrt this situation if it's relevant here?
uh

tommy hosted a role-madness setup with some really cool mechanics involving "dropping" roles in-thread for other players to claim as their own by responding to an in-thread event
so you have a situation where people can give their powers to other players, players can swap their powers, and players can use the mechanic (or refusal to play along) to make judgments about people's alignments, depending on how they use their powers

summarizing the exact situation around hal would take a lot of work so i'm just going to link you to a post from that game where i summarize me & eli's interactions, which should give you the gist of things

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/cool-weapon-mafia-game-thread.3720481/post-9609038

the important thing to know there with regard to hal is that he was doing a lot of villagery things, but with the knowledge that Aura and Laurel were maf, he was actually Extremely partnered with them on paper. But at that point he had garnered enough trust that people (myself included) were willing to look past that and misclear him - which lost us the game.

psy in particular had a lot of paranoia around that slot (he also had some pretty ridiculous/erratic reads at various points that made people want to policy him in the first place) but idt om's play in general is comparable to hal's in any way that matters here.

like, you voice your ideas and air out your thoughts so you can work through them together w/ other people/help make your thought process clear to other people, bc maf is a game of social deduction & that generally helps folks to see if you are actually Socially Deducing, or if you are an informed party (read: scum)

which is less a personal jab ( i don't mean anything by it ) and more just pointing to the fact that

if you leave steps out of your thinking, and think in broad sweeps without taking strides to substantiate those thoughts with what is happening in the thread, then that thinking will be Much Less Legible to other people

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)