Gen V RNG Breeding Guide (gone again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
7. Raise the Pokemon hatched from the egg to Level 50 and plug its stats into an IV calculator to determine my SSF. ---> not usually necessary if you know your parents' IVs, and the parents have multiple 31s, since you can tell where it inherited stats from the parents by talking to the judge in gear station, nimbasa.

Other than that, no, there's no faster way at the moment.

7. Raise the Pokemon hatched from the egg to Level 50 and plug its stats into an IV calculator to determine my SSF. ---> not usually necessary if you know your parents' IVs, and the parents have multiple 31s, since you can tell where it inherited stats from the parents by talking to the judge in gear station, nimbasa.

Other than that, no, there's no faster way at the moment.
Yeah, my step 7 is usually the most tedious, so I'll use your advice. Thanks!

Yeah, my step 7 is usually the most tedious, so I'll use your advice. Thanks!
Typically, I just take the new hatchling, stick a Lucky Egg on it, and bring it into battle against a level 20+ Audino. If you plug the stats into an IV calculator with each level from 1 to 15 or so (and one fight will be enough for that, usually), it'll give you a pretty accurate reading. The only faster way I can think of is to keep feeding it Rare Candies. (If you're aiming to check IVs without saving, anyway.)

Why this isnt sticked yet?

hey tesseraction,you know if i RNG a flawless egg with correct nature and ability will the egg be hatched the same on another people cart?Or like shiny will the egg be random?

The natures/ability/IVs will be the same.
You *can* RNG eggs to hatch shiny on other peoples' carts, though, if you use their ID/SID in your search.

It just won't hatch shiny on YOUR cart then.

Just wanted that this guide has helped me out greatly. If it wasn't for this thread I would have never got my wonderful Myouren. Hell I wouldn't have even tried at all since RNG can be frustrating as all hell at times. Major prop for making this guide Tesseraction.

The easiest way to check you got it right is to aim only foe shinies and if it hatches and its not shiny you know you missed without having to level up.

Hello
I'm new at RNG so please don't be mad at me for being a n00b >_>

Anyway, I'm trying to breed a shiny using the shiny egg finder.
I have a few questions:
1. Do I need to set the min&max frame to 8 in the shiny egg finder also?
2. Are the shiny frames somehow "marked" in the reporter? If yes then how?

This are probably easy questions.. but my brain is messing this up and I feel that I have to ask.

Hey Tesseraction, and people wondering how they can easily check IVs?

There is a battle house to the left of the Pokemon Center in Nimbasa, which autolevels your Pokemon to Level 50 and does not require saving.

If the IVs turn out to be correct, you will have to run from four battles, which takes a minute or two, but a small price to pay for not having to level your Pokemon up yourself ;D

Hello

I have a few questions:

This are probably easy questions.. but my brain is messing this up and I feel that I have to ask.

I'm still playing around with shiny egg finder ^^;

Oh, then when do you think you will be able to answer?
I'm not making you hurry, I just want to know when I will be able to get help.
I have nothing against waiting ;)

Red

Hey Tesseraction, and people wondering how they can easily check IVs?

There is a battle house to the left of the Pokemon Center in Nimbasa, which autolevels your Pokemon to Level 50 and does not require saving.

If the IVs turn out to be correct, you will have to run from four battles, which takes a minute or two, but a small price to pay for not having to level your Pokemon up yourself ;D
Well, that works too, but Serebii offers an online calculator, which vmcan be used at any level, as long as you know the exact EV's, or it is UT.

Here is the link:
Serebii IV Calculator

Hello

I have a few questions:

1.) shiny egg finder assumes that you are saved in front of the daycare man and therefore will only use frame 8 spreads.
2.) This question doesn't really make sense to me. Of course they're marked, because shiny egg finder only returns shiny frames?

Then:
1) Why does It even ask me for It? Strange..
2) I mean on the clipboard/main screen when I copy my seed there. I noticed something that looks like "!!!" and I'm wondering what It means.

Then:
1) Why does It even ask me for It? Strange..
2) I mean on the clipboard/main screen when I copy my seed there. I noticed something that looks like "!!!" and I'm wondering what It means.
It's asking you for the min/max shiny (PIDRNG) frame, not IVRNG.
I've been setting 70/200, because I don't like chattering much.

Oh, yeah !!! means shiny.

Please excuse the weird question, I'm very new at this.

If I only wanted to breed a shiny Pokémon without worrying too much about its IVs, what would be the fastest/easiest method for me to do so? I ask because I really only want shiny entries for my Pokédex, not perfect monsters for competitive battles.

It's pretty much just as difficult to breed a crappy pokemon as it is to breed a perfect Pokemon.

The only difference is you have to do less searching for a seed/frame that works.

Just found the 5th Gen Shiny egg tab on my RNG Reporter. If you get a desired Shiny frame at 70 exactly for example does that mean that entering the game at the time the Shiny seed gave you and picking up the egg ASAP should (Keyword: should) give you a Shiny Pokemon without any frame advancements?

Just found the 5th Gen Shiny egg tab on my RNG Reporter. If you get a desired Shiny frame at 70 exactly for example does that mean that entering the game at the time the Shiny seed gave you and picking up the egg ASAP should (Keyword: should) give you a Shiny Pokemon without any frame advancements?
Probably not.
The starting frame varies a lot.
Usually it's around 52-56 for me.

I see, well this new function does show me Shiny frames that aren't within the 10K area. Where did the min frame of 70 come from for these Shiny frame anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)