Gen VII: Pokemon Sun and Moon Discussion MKII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone is saying the little dragon will be the pseudo, which would be cool but the official website says type:null is "powerful enough to rival those Pokemon often spoken of in mythology" all mythical pokemon have 600 base stat total. So do pseudo's. Type:null pseudo confermed?

Okay, so thoughts on the new stuff:

Type:Null: This looks very weird but kind of cool (especially the lore behind it; something that's man-made and can be found in grassy fields? That's odd but I'll go with). Sad that it likely won't evolve. I don't think it'll have anything new to the Normal-type table aside from its weird ass design.

Raticate: Now they made him obese. Ironically enough some people were jokingly saying that Alolan Rattata looks like a Mexican, and Mexico is one of the fattest countries out there. (I think I heard that its fatter overall than the US but I'm not sure if that's still the case)

Jangmo-o: Why they added the "-o" to the name boggles my mind. Just makes it sound stupid. The Pokemon itself though looks like it could evolve into something completely badass. The abilities are quite interesting. (Mega Gardevoir and Sylveon check? (If it gets Iron Tail when the 2nd games (either DPP remake or 3rd game) come out though, it could be)) For some reason I'm feeling like the yellow decals mean that it'll evolve into Dragon/Electric, though I'm not completely sure about this.

UB-01: Holy shit this thing looks cool. Shame that it's not a real Pokemon though, it would be cool to use in an in-game/competitive team. I do think that Lillie could be this thing in disguise, but that could just be some crackpot thing at the same time.

Cutiefly Evo: Cute. Likely this will be finale stage, but I won't mind if there's a 3rd. (Or possibly pre-evo to Cutiefly. On second thought that's a very bad idea)

As for the new characters, I like the weird designs of them. In general the weirder designs this gen tend to be my favorite. (Type:Null, Tortonator, Pyukumuku, Popplio, and Wishiwashi, are my favorite Pokemon designs this gen)

Last edited:
Okay, so thoughts on the new stuff:

Jangmo-o: Why they added the "-o" to the name boggles my mind. Just makes it sound stupid. The Pokemon itself though looks like it could evolve into something completely badass. The abilities are quite interesting. (Mega Gardevoir and Sylveon check? (If it gets Iron Tail when the 2nd games (either DPP remake or 3rd game) come out though, it could be))
They don't want Haoles mispronouncing "Jangmo'o". And it could learn Iron Head, an actual usable attack.

Ultra Beasts? Non-Pokemon creatures in the Pokemon world bug me. I also would've wanted Rotom-Dex to be usable. It's like the whole concept is violated :/

And... how the hell do you pronounce Jangmo-o, even it's name has a confused face (o-o).
I'd guess j like in "jam", and the line a glottal stop like in "uh-oh". Hawaiian also has that sound, though they mark it with something like an apostrophe.

Um, why do the Aether Foundation employees make people think they're villain grunts? Every professional job has a uniform, and this is theirs. Were the athletes that competed in the Olympics villain grunts for wearing the same uniform? I count inventory and my company supplied me with a shirt I have to wear to every job (and I have to wear black pants), am I a villain grunt? If its because they all look the same, that's because the game designers didn't implement a system where they could customize individual trainers (which they had in Colosseum so I don't know why not in the 3D games but I digress). Every trainer looks the same as the other in their class.
I believe that you're missing something here. This is Pokémon. Environmental extremists? They're an evil group. Humanitarian group? They're an evil group. PETA? They're an evil group. Pokémon has literally trained us to encounter significant groups such as Team Skull and the Aether Foundation as though they're the bad guys. Granted, the stories have become deeper and more complex as time goes on, but can you honestly say that you believe that we won't come to blows the Aether in one way or another? Your comparison works for say, Silph Co., but this isn't the real world. In this fictional world, every business or organization or movement that has interacted with us as a main plot element have ended up being antagonistic at one time or another.

Honestly, I'd be all for the idea of fighting with Aether at the beginning against Skull, only to realize that Skull was right, and working alongside them to take Aether down. Make us question our morals and our sense of right and wrong. Let us be surprised by just who the bad guy is, and don't make it as obvious as Lysandre was. The last time I was honestly surprised by the final boss was in Colosseum, because this nice, innocent old man came out of nowhere to be the bad guy, and I didn't see it coming. I'd like to see something like that again.

They will definitely turn evil at some point, but in their own sense. I think Aether pursues a genuine, good goal, but they can't foresee the colateral damage of their actions. Just look at Team Skull, they look like little grunts, almost inmature kids compared to the real, more advanced threat. Guzma tried to become professor long time ago, he is not bad, something changed him and now he is in a rampage agaisnt the world. On the other hand, Foundation Aether has a lot of potential for the player trying to uncover its real goal. If the topic of these new games is going to be "genetic manipulation", I bet it has to do more with Aether than Team Skull, who are just "the bad guys in your way". The guy whose name I can't remember now seems to be related with Aether, but he is from Team Skull. I'm pretty sure he knows some truth.

But also, from a playability perspective, it's convenient to have two evil teams. The larger the game is, the more trainers you need. All the admins and members from an organization as big as Aether, they have a playable value that can not be ignored.

Jangmo-o: Why they added the "-o" to the name boggles my mind. Just makes it sound stupid. The Pokemon itself though looks like it could evolve into something completely badass. The abilities are quite interesting. (Mega Gardevoir and Sylveon check? (If it gets Iron Tail when the 2nd games (either DPP remake or 3rd game) come out though, it could be)) For some reason I'm feeling like the yellow decals mean that it'll evolve into Dragon/Electric, though I'm not completely sure about this.
With the blurb on the official website mentioning training a few times, I'm thinking we might see our first Dragon/Fighting type.

Um, why do the Aether Foundation employees make people think they're villain grunts?
Mostly because appearance-wise they fit the "angelic-looking dudes that are secretly evil" stereotype. While at this point it's mostly speculative, I think that they'll be antagonistic to the same level as Colress was in the games (their president, at least), in the sense of doing nasty stufff for a good cause(?) while at the same time helping you every now and then.

Also, one of their members is literally one letter away of the word Wicked. The last time something similar happened in a pokemon game was with an old man who turned up to be the mastermind of the evil team.

Type:null is huge, it's 6'3", it does not look like its 6'3". It's a fricken dog chimera thing. What's up with these tall ass Pokemon. Its description says its really heavy (or at least the helmet). For being a 6'3" quadruped, 267.5lbs is not very much. Dogs half that size weigh as much.

Mostly because appearance-wise they fit the "angelic-looking dudes that are secretly evil" stereotype. While at this point it's mostly speculative, I think that they'll be antagonistic to the same level as Colress was in the games (their president, at least), in the sense of doing nasty stufff for a good cause(?) while at the same time helping you every now and then.

Also, one of their members is literally one letter away of the word Wicked. The last time something similar happened in a pokemon game was with an old man who turned up to be the mastermind of the evil team.
Change to angelic looking gals on a monster game and we have monmosu quest, lusamine playing Illias would be fitting...

I mean there is nothing wrong with the Snagem approach, but I really want the pretty Caitlin/Elesa/Cynthia fusion dance waifu to be the true villain, it hits you harder when the pretty ones are the villain and not the Igor/old guy dragon pulling the ropes.

Type:Null really intrigues me with the parts it is made of. None of them are recognizable besides the back legs. They almost look exactly like Ninetales' legs or the eeveelution legs, but with the pads. The pads look like something a rock or ground type would have. I think there may be a second alolan Nintales. It just wouldn't make sense for the entire Nintales population to swim over to the ice mountain. There must have been at least a few stragglers on other islands. Maybe one had to adapt to the desert that was abandoned by the sandshrew. They are fire types so they can take the heat of a volcano eruption. Over time they might have adopted the ground type to better suit the desert.

Duuuuude, I really want to believe we get Mega universe Colress, even if he is still young since there is still a 7 year gap between RS DP BW and B2W2.

This could be epic, or at least a good cameo.

Duuuuude, I really want to believe we get Mega universe Colress, even if he is still young since there is still a 7 year gap between RS DP BW and B2W2.

This could be epic, or at least a good cameo.
What are you talking about? The official Timeline shows that XY takes place in the same time frame as B2W2, and from the dialogue and cameos shown thusfar, this game seems to take place after that even. So if anything, if he appeared he would be older

What are you talking about? The official Timeline shows that XY takes place in the same time frame as B2W2, and from the dialogue and cameos shown thusfar, this game seems to take place after that even. So if anything, if he appeared he would be older
Really? I'm going to recheck the time line.

I think it was on the basis that ORAS is floating in the time stream now, as it's implied to be concurrent with XY, yet we know that RS was concurrent with FRLG. The easiest answer then is to say that XY is concurrent with FRLG, despite it having been stated that XY is relative in time to BW2. Either that, or say that in the Mega universe, the events of ORAS happened later than they did in the Advanced universe. The time stream was relatively clear up until ORAS. That said, the amount of time between Gen II and VI, and Gen V was left unspecified, so I'm not sure where the seven years is coming in, there.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
In ORAS's Delta Episode, it was implied that the Gen I-V Games took place in an alternative timeline(s) from the Gen VI Games. (The main change was that the war 3000 Years before XY didn't happen.) Due to this, it's hard to tell if any generations besides the original I and II share a timeline.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Timeline has NEVER changed, even when shifting over to a new timeline. This is how the timeline we're on now looks like:

Events of Kanto & ORAS first
(3 years later)
Events of Johto & Events of Sinnoh.
(? years later)
Events of Black & White
(2 years later)
Events of BW2 & XY
(? years later)
Sun & Moon

There just has been no game based on how events of Kanto, Johto, Sinnoh, and the Unova games. HOWEVER the events of those games still happened, its just that the details would be vague.

Now we don't know whether XY or Sun & Moon happened in the old timeline, especially XY since those games sort of rely on the Ultimate Weapon firing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)