General Introduce yourself!

Hey, I'm new. Looking for a section where I can do trades.
Hey welcome to smogon. Fluke pointed you in the right direction for a trade. People on smogon do there trades differently though. People generally want stuff with good Ivs and Evs and stuff you obtained on your own. I have a trade thread in my signature you can look at for reference if your confused. Also make sure to read the wifi forum rules so that way you don't mess up.

Hey welcome to smogon. Fluke pointed you in the right direction for a trade. People on smogon do there trades differently though. People generally want stuff with good Ivs and Evs and stuff you obtained on your own. I have a trade thread in my signature you can look at for reference if your confused. Also make sure to read the wifi forum rules so that way you don't mess up.
Thank you. I'm already building a thread rn with Pokémon with good stat, so dw!

Huh, I can't post anything in the Wifi section. I also cant create a thread. It says: "you have insufficient privileges to post here." Why is this?

CyclicCompound

is a bicycle person thing
is a Contributor Alumnus
Huh, I can't post anything in the Wifi section. I also cant create a thread. It says: "you have insufficient privileges to post here." Why is this?
I'm not entirely sure why, but there was discussion a while ago on preventing people from creating new threads if they have less than 10 posts on Smogon. It was intended to stop spambots from creating spammy advertisement threads all over the place. I don't know if it was implemented or not, but if it was, that would be why you can't make a post yet.

If you still can't create a thread after having made 10 posts, I would send a pm to Nexus, the Wi-Fi leader. <<that's a link btw

ok, soo...uh..i go by summer
im new hear, and to be honest, im really just looking for someone to help me out with the broken RNG in emerald and actually findng my correct PID and SID, because everything ive tried to use to findit hasnt very much worked for me. i mean, the easiest way ifound to know my shiny ID is right is plug it in to the pokemon emerald loop site, buuut...
no matter what A.)the PD's i find for my shiny with the pokemon(who has evolved and is a crobat) has a non shiny PID, and only one shows up. i use this to find my SD and no matter what method i use to get the SID, it never plugs n rght to the point i get a valid correlation to the frame i hit as a shiny(the closest was just three frames off><) im an avid fan of shnyhunting, and was kinda hoping someone could help me out on this. if not, i understan.

ok, soo...uh..i go by summer
im new hear, and to be honest, im really just looking for someone to help me out with the broken RNG in emerald and actually findng my correct PID and SID, because everything ive tried to use to findit hasnt very much worked for me. i mean, the easiest way ifound to know my shiny ID is right is plug it in to the pokemon emerald loop site, buuut...
no matter what A.)the PD's i find for my shiny with the pokemon(who has evolved and is a crobat) has a non shiny PID, and only one shows up. i use this to find my SD and no matter what method i use to get the SID, it never plugs n rght to the point i get a valid correlation to the frame i hit as a shiny(the closest was just three frames off><) im an avid fan of shnyhunting, and was kinda hoping someone could help me out on this. if not, i understan.
Hey dude welcome to smogon there are a few places you should check out for RNG abuse stuff and most of the people are very friendly and can help you out.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...atest-rng-reporter-9-96-5-pprng-1-15-0.83057/

That link is a forum that is dedicated to helping out people with RNG abuse. Also the first post has a link to tons of guides created by members of smogon and I think you should have a look. I bet your planning on opening a trade thread to because your asking about RNG abuse. People actually do trade a decent amount of stuff for good rng abused stuff.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/wi-fi-forum-rules-read-me-first-updated-march-27th-2014.19407/

Those are the wifi rules in case you decide to make a trade thread. Have you also looked into TSV and SV hatching it's a very fast and easy way to get flawless shiny pokemon.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SVExchange/wiki/quickstart

That link to reddit should be able to help you out. Have a great day and I hope you enjoy smogon. If you need something there is a chat link in the original post and also you can PM me. To pm me click the start a conversation button on my profile.

Hey guys, just this minute joined, I'm looking to get into online battling, I've had a few goes at it but I can't seem to get a win yet, I usually do pretty well at the start but then I end getting completely wiped out by one or two Pokemon. Might join the battling 101 classes see if that might help me out. I can usually breeze through Pokemon games with ease but the competitive battling is really new to me and harder than I thought but I do really like it. Someday soon though I'll be a true Pokemon master and 6-0 the world Haha! If anyone has any pro tips feel free to throw them my way.
Mozzyman.

Hey Fish, welcome! I believe we have met on the IRC chat room already. It's nice to see that your posting issue was resolved. It would be nice to know a little bit about you and what you enjoy doing. In the Original Post(OP) of this thread, the writer had made a list of things you can include to help us get to know you a bit. I'd recommend you take a peak at the Smogon Info / Info hub. This section of Smogon contains useful post that can help you get used to Smogon at ease. It contains post such as: Smogon Beginner Basics, Smogon Simple Questions, Competitive Battling Basics, and even this thread. I would highly recommend you read those threads, as they are extremely useful.
I know you are already a member of Pokemon Showdown, as you've told me. Smogon has a Pokemon Showdown section that contains threads solely based on PS! If you are a frequent on Showdown, I would recommend you take a peak at this section as well. Hope to see you on the IRC channel some more, if you see my on PS! be sure to say hi.
Thanks for the tips. I will be sure to read these. I actually found the problem was related to my browser. Maybe there is a problem with the new IE version. With firefox it is running well now.
What can I say, I have been a pokefan since red version, I would say. I am probably older now with 23 years, but I guess there are plenty of people in the age range. I took a break from playing pokemon for a little while and now I am back into it and working towards creating an updated team for xyoras gen 6. Smogon is always an awesome strategic board that I used to refer to a lot since many years, though I had neglected to actually make a membership on the board. I also use showdown on and off to try out ideas that I have for teams before attempting to make them in the game. Thanks for the help earlier too.

I still remember when I was like 7 or 8 watching my cousin playing Pokemon blue, I loved the show back then and for Christmas I got Pokemon Yellow and a game boy colour, completely forgot about my other presents and played it non stop, I remember getting my dad to catch mewtwo for me when I had to go to bed because I'd already stayed up late enough and thrown a whole bunch of ultra balls at him because I stupidly used my master ball on Moltres in victory road and had no idea I could even catch Mewtwo at that point though.

I remember playing Pokemon Crystal and boxing my Bayleef before Faulkners gym because of the type advantage and then completely forgetting about it until after the elite four.

I remember playing Pokemon Emerald non stop with my friend Liam, taking it to school and battling my friends during breaktimes.

Needless to say, I love Pokemon and have such great memories of it and what I've listed here isn't even half of it.

Yeah, I remember being gifted Charmander, Bulbasaur and Squirtle which I was so happy about because I got upset that I couldn't pick one at the start and had to have Pikachu. I think my final team was something like Pikachu, Charizard, Venusaur, Blastoise, Pidgeot and an Alakazam that my cousin gave me.

Hello, everyone! You can call me Suijin. I would like to try my hand at competitive battling, and this forum seems perfect for learning. I do not have much battling experience, but I look forward to getting better and being an active part of this community!

Hello, everyone! You can call me Suijin. I would like to try my hand at competitive battling, and this forum seems perfect for learning. I do not have much battling experience, but I look forward to getting better and being an active part of this community!
That's awesome how you want to become a active battler and want to learn.
http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/pokemon/
That link is a link to the strategy dex and has some move sets for most Pokemon and I find it pretty useful. Also there is a chat at the original post of this people can help you out with the basics. Also in the same forum there is a guide for basics on battling. You should also do Pokemon showdown there is a place you can post in this forum where you can battle newbies like yourself.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/beginners-request-a-random-battle-read-the-rules.3545935/
There is the link to that. Read the rules to that. If you need anything pm me and I can help you out with anything. Enjoy your time on smogon.

Hi I'm b3lfo an italian 19 years old guy. I've been playing pokemon for my whole life but just recently I started playing on pokemon showdown and I'm here looking for advices
Have a nice day!

Hey I come from the yugioh forums, I haven't been competitive in anything since the Nekroz format but I doubt too many of you know what that is, some might tho ;o

Anyways, I like forums and I guess pokemon is cool, I've just been doing random battles so yeah whatever.

I love you forever.

Hello everyone.

I have been playing Pokemon since Generation I (Blue Version and Yellow Version) and I would say that Pokemon is an integral part of my childhood. I enjoy breeding and trading and I hope that I would be able to open my own trade shop - soon.

That would be all.

Hi! I'm Koreos, I'm 15 and I'm french (I got a pretty good english, but feel free to correct me).
I play pokemon since I'm 3 years old (with my sister lol) and it's a pretty big thing in my life. I started strategy not long ago, and I'm willing to get help and advices in this place. I know the basics, and I need help on a lot of things ^^' I'm starting my teambuild.
My favorite pokemon is Mew, and I played almost all of the officials pokemon games. My favorites are Red/Blue, and Pokemon mystery dungeon - explorers of darkness.
I'm in 11th grade, and I play video games a lot =P

Hi! I'm Koreos, I'm 15 and I'm french (I got a pretty good english, but feel free to correct me).
I play pokemon since I'm 3 years old (with my sister lol) and it's a pretty big thing in my life. I started strategy not long ago, and I'm willing to get help and advices in this place. I know the basics, and I need help on a lot of things ^^' I'm starting my teambuild.
My favorite pokemon is Mew, and I played almost all of the officials pokemon games. My favorites are Red/Blue, and Pokemon mystery dungeon - explorers of darkness.
I'm in 11th grade, and I play video games a lot =P
Hey Koreos, welcome to Smogon. You've been into Pokemon for a long time I see. I also started with R/B/Y and I've never stopped ever since. I see you're interested in teambuilding, so I suggest you take a look at the Rate My Team section. In that section players are generous enough to rate teams and give very useful feedback. Make sure to read the rules first, though! If you have any questions for now, feel free to ask anyone here, or ask 'em in the Simple Questions thread.

:)

Last edited:
Hello all! Icky here, 21 in a few days been around Smogon for a little while but just recently started looking at the forums so i made an account. :D Um I've been playing Pokemon since R/B/Y lol and I've played pretty much every Pokemon game since (non-main games too) but i just started battling competitively about 3 months ago and i cant stop lol. I saw under the wi-fi thread that there are some tournaments going on that im interested in but if anyone knows where i could find a league to be in with multiple weeks, playoffs, a draft, etc. PLEASE point me in that direction I've been watching people like Shady and Nappy on YT lately and i love watching their UCL battles. Anyway thats all for now lol hope to make friends with some of y'all soon!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)