General Introduce yourself!

This is my first time signing up on smogon, because I needed help creating competitive Pokémon teams. To be honest i just get tired of losing all the time because I can't pick how to run certain Pokémon very well. But I still know alot and I just need a hand to end my losing streak. I'd be happy to help fill gaps in peoples teams though (sounds contradictory but I only said I have trouble deciding how/who to run)

Hey to all you Smogon forum goers! I'm GoldenArcanine, but my friends call me Hunter. I'm a 17-year old American high school student. (And aspiring filmmaker.)

I've been a huge fan of Pokémon for as long as I can remember, though I mostly play a variety of video games. A few of my other favorites are the Pikmin and Legend of Zelda series. My love for Pokémon began with Ruby and Sapphire, but I didn't start to get into the competitive battling scene until around the release of Black 2 and White 2. I also dabble a bit in the TCG.

After lurking for a long time, I finally decided to make an account here. I'm looking forward to making some friends and getting to know the community. Shoot me a message if you want to chat, I love conversation!

Hi everyone. My names Sophie. I'm 19, almost 20, and I've loved Pokemon my whole life. I started watching Pokemon when I was really little, I had a small collection of vhs tapes I would watch over and over. When I was a little older, I got my first game, ruby, and have been addicted ever since. Current day, I'm a chemistry major transitioning into a MLT major (eventually CLS) and am engaged to an amazing guy that loves Pokemon (almost) as much as I do. I have OR and he has AS. I've always just taught my Pokemon whatever moves looked strongest. rarely ones that could cause poison/burn/etc. And never ones that affect attack/defense/etc. My fiance battles the same way, but he always seems to beat me, so recently I've started looking into strategies, which of course brought me to competive battling. Now I'm hooked, and if I can find a strategy to destroy my fiances stupid mega lucario along the way, bonus. Lol
And I should mention, I have pretty bad anxiety when it comes to talking online, so if I don't respond or say much, I'm not trying to be rude, I just get nervous talking to people I don't know, especially when it's not face to face

Hi everyone. My names Sophie. I'm 19, almost 20, and I've loved Pokemon my whole life. I started watching Pokemon when I was really little, I had a small collection of vhs tapes I would watch over and over. When I was a little older, I got my first game, ruby, and have been addicted ever since. Current day, I'm a chemistry major transitioning into a MLT major (eventually CLS) and am engaged to an amazing guy that loves Pokemon (almost) as much as I do. I have OR and he has AS. I've always just taught my Pokemon whatever moves looked strongest. rarely ones that could cause poison/burn/etc. And never ones that affect attack/defense/etc. My fiance battles the same way, but he always seems to beat me, so recently I've started looking into strategies, which of course brought me to competive battling. Now I'm hooked, and if I can find a strategy to destroy my fiances stupid mega lucario along the way, bonus. Lol
And I should mention, I have pretty bad anxiety when it comes to talking online, so if I don't respond or say much, I'm not trying to be rude, I just get nervous talking to people I don't know, especially when it's not face to face
ho-oh hard counters mega lucario. there ya go buddy.

Hey, my name's Mark and I'm 22. I've been playing since I got OG silver version back in the day and I've gotten every game since they have released (well one of them and one of my good friends gets the other e.g. Fire Red/Leaf Green). Near the end of X I got into the pokemon trades reddit and began accumulating competitive shinies. I did a lot of research and things prior, primarily from here on Smogon and some other various articles including one's on serebii. Anyways I've come to the point where I have most of the pokemon that I want and like the most, but I've only dabbled into competitive play. I was having pretty strong success in OU, at least at the entry to the ladder where one starts, and also winning most randoms running a Life Orb'd Garchomp for damage, Azumarill, and Charizard Y with Solar Beam for rotom w (which was a large issue at first). My friend that I play pokemon with and myself have always had this type of creed that could also be a form of house ruling where you make your teams to battle with only one starter and no legendaries. In this way it would always keep to the idea that we would stay in the image of how we would hope to imagine ourselves as trainers and made us make personal choices as to pokemon that were good and that we thoroughly liked over all others to form our specific teams. This information is significant because it shows the value system as to why I just now attained motivation to create an account here. Lastly before I get into it I want to point out that I was looking at the Smogon viability ratings just recently (yesterday) and save Mega-Sceptile as an A- in VGC 15 or doubles. This is my favorite starter and I really want to make a team to use him so I can see him while I battle, however I know little of VGC and also have no idea how he is used to be viable. I saw some video's online after doing some research online and found these teams using things like landorus and rotom-w -both of which I heavily despise as pokemon. So ya, if such a forum here exists, I would appreciate being directed to a forum here where I can show someone my full options for making a team for doubles around him (since I know he wont do well in OU haha). It is important to note that I am decently knowledgable about OU and am not a full on noob at battling or anything, just have not test trialed much in VGC and am noticeably lacking in understanding the depth to many VGC/Doubles relationships between pokemon.

TL;DR Hey I'm Mark, been collecting shiny competive pokemon for a bit now and have most of the one's I like. I read in Smogons viability rankings that Mega-Sceptile was actually pretty decent, but don't know how to use him and don't want to use pokemon that I really hate to use the starter I love like landorus or rotom-w. Looking for help to build a team around him that is decent, I've got an idea already with a few other pokemon, but not a full team so looking for a finger in the direction of a forum here where I can find that type of help :D

Hey, my name's Mark and I'm 22. I've been playing since I got OG silver version back in the day and I've gotten every game since they have released (well one of them and one of my good friends gets the other e.g. Fire Red/Leaf Green). Near the end of X I got into the pokemon trades reddit and began accumulating competitive shinies. I did a lot of research and things prior, primarily from here on Smogon and some other various articles including one's on serebii. Anyways I've come to the point where I have most of the pokemon that I want and like the most, but I've only dabbled into competitive play. I was having pretty strong success in OU, at least at the entry to the ladder where one starts, and also winning most randoms running a Life Orb'd Garchomp for damage, Azumarill, and Charizard Y with Solar Beam for rotom w (which was a large issue at first). My friend that I play pokemon with and myself have always had this type of creed that could also be a form of house ruling where you make your teams to battle with only one starter and no legendaries. In this way it would always keep to the idea that we would stay in the image of how we would hope to imagine ourselves as trainers and made us make personal choices as to pokemon that were good and that we thoroughly liked over all others to form our specific teams. This information is significant because it shows the value system as to why I just now attained motivation to create an account here. Lastly before I get into it I want to point out that I was looking at the Smogon viability ratings just recently (yesterday) and save Mega-Sceptile as an A- in VGC 15 or doubles. This is my favorite starter and I really want to make a team to use him so I can see him while I battle, however I know little of VGC and also have no idea how he is used to be viable. I saw some video's online after doing some research online and found these teams using things like landorus and rotom-w -both of which I heavily despise as pokemon. So ya, if such a forum here exists, I would appreciate being directed to a forum here where I can show someone my full options for making a team for doubles around him (since I know he wont do well in OU haha). It is important to note that I am decently knowledgable about OU and am not a full on noob at battling or anything, just have not test trialed much in VGC and am noticeably lacking in understanding the depth to many VGC/Doubles relationships between pokemon.

TL;DR Hey I'm Mark, been collecting shiny competive pokemon for a bit now and have most of the one's I like. I read in Smogons viability rankings that Mega-Sceptile was actually pretty decent, but don't know how to use him and don't want to use pokemon that I really hate to use the starter I love like landorus or rotom-w. Looking for help to build a team around him that is decent, I've got an idea already with a few other pokemon, but not a full team so looking for a finger in the direction of a forum here where I can find that type of help :D
Hey Mark, how are you doing? Welcome to Smogon!
I am also a collector of shiny Pokemon, and competitive Pokemon in general. I have been into Pokemon for ages so I may be able to help you with your questions here and there. I see you're looking for help regarding competitive battling, and especially team building. Don't hesitate to make a thread in the Rate My Team section. Be sure to read the rules first though, since they're very important. In the Rate My Team section players are generous enough to rate teams and give very useful feedback. People will explain what works and what doesn't, and you'll definitely learn a lot from it. If you have any questions about the basics and fundamentals, just shoot me a PM and I'll gladly help you out.Try it out for yourself, and if you live up to Smogon's rules you'll figure that the feedback you get will be really helpful.

If you just have some minor questions, just shoot me a PM! I'm pretty sure I can also help you with anything!

Uh hi? I'm new here. I don't actually play any of the "real" games. I just play Showdown.
Usually I fight OU, RU, or AAA.
My favorite pokemon are Mega Banette and Victini.

After lurking a bit I've decided to sign up.

Hee-lo I'm Kanzeon, I am from Brazil and im interested in learning competitive battling ever since I started watching some people battle in the OU tier while waiting for my friends for the fun random battle I once was one of the best between my friends in the RSE gen but I must add that we weren't really a very competitive community, and since I've bought pokemon Y I made up my mind into becoming the best playee I can be, and ran across smogon because of pokemonshowdown, so I hope I can not only become better at battle and understand the game but also to make some friends here (sorry for bad englando)

Hi guys!As you can see I'm new here,so I came(stop thinking strange things,okay?) here,some of you may already see me at PS and more in OU than other tier(maybe some poeples already understood that mega-gallade is my favourite pokemon).

So you can play with me on:

-OU

-UU

-Monotype

-PU(just a little)

-1v1

-gen4ou

-doubles OU/UU/PU

I'm not really involved in breeding and all of this,I just want fun.

I’m not really good to make team so don’t expect a lot of my pokemons

In fact,I’ve started pokemon with the 4th generations,but after,I found a GB and pokemon red,blue and yellow(the three of the first generations!)and played to it(it was nice but this generation is horribe!),finished the league and captured mewtwo.

Hey, BeyondFishy here, people just call me Fishy. Been playing showdown for quite a while and looking to learn a thing or two and maybe even share some wisdom where possible!

Hi, nice to meet all of you and welcome to Smogon!

Uh hi? I'm new here. I don't actually play any of the "real" games. I just play Showdown.
Usually I fight OU, RU, or AAA.
My favorite pokemon are Mega Banette and Victini.

After lurking a bit I've decided to sign up.
Glad to see you sign up, I lurked for a really long time too :). Showdown's fun, it really saves time in terms of having to breed teams. I love all the lower tiers, but I only really know OU well. Uhhhhh favourite Pokemon, I have too many to be honest, but Gallade and Gardevoir and their Megas are fun to play around with.

Hee-lo I'm Kanzeon, I am from Brazil and im interested in learning competitive battling ever since I started watching some people battle in the OU tier while waiting for my friends for the fun random battle I once was one of the best between my friends in the RSE gen but I must add that we weren't really a very competitive community, and since I've bought pokemon Y I made up my mind into becoming the best playee I can be, and ran across smogon because of pokemonshowdown, so I hope I can not only become better at battle and understand the game but also to make some friends here (sorry for bad englando)
I remember the days of Gen III, I was the only person among my friends who really had an intense passion for Pokemon. I have to admit I'm kind of behind on the current metagame, but if you ever need some tips and pointers feel free to message me. And honestly your English is pretty good.

Hi guys!As you can see I'm new here,so I came(stop thinking strange things,okay?) here,some of you may already see me at PS and more in OU than other tier(maybe some poeples already understood that mega-gallade is my favourite pokemon).

So you can play with me on:

-OU

-UU

-Monotype

-PU(just a little)

-1v1

-gen4ou

-doubles OU/UU/PU

I'm not really involved in breeding and all of this,I just want fun.

I’m not really good to make team so don’t expect a lot of my pokemons

In fact,I’ve started pokemon with the 4th generations,but after,I found a GB and pokemon red,blue and yellow(the three of the first generations!)and played to it(it was nice but this generation is horribe!),finished the league and captured mewtwo.
I love Mega Gallade, and OU is definitely my best tier, if I ever see you on Showdown I'll be sure to look you up. Personally I enjoy breeding, but I honestly don't have time for it any more. Don't worry about teambuilding, it takes time to learn. The more you do it, the better you'll get.

Hey, BeyondFishy here, people just call me Fishy. Been playing showdown for quite a while and looking to learn a thing or two and maybe even share some wisdom where possible!
That makes two of us. I'd love to bounce ideas off one another sometime :)

I encourage all of you, if you need help, to message any of the people here commonly responding to the thread, as they'd be more than happy to lend a hand.

Hi everyone! I'm new in here (smogon forums) but I actually play Pokémon showdown for quite a long time. My favourite Pokémon is Entei. I love cookies :3
and I also love Pokémon. I first started playing Pokémon when I was 8 years old, Sapphire was my first game and Leaf green my second.
Also I decided to finally come to smogon forums because I wanted to share some of my opinions with everyone about my teams, how do I play, how is the current meta game in different tiers, team building process, and also learn some new things which is always great :3

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Hi everyone! I'm new in here (smogon forums) but I actually play Pokémon showdown for quite a long time. My favourite Pokémon is Entei. I love cookies :3
and I also love Pokémon. I first started playing Pokémon when I was 8 years old, Sapphire was my first game and Leaf green my second.
Also I decided to finally come to smogon forums because I wanted to share some of my opinions with everyone about my teams, how do I play, how is the current meta game in different tiers, team building process, and also learn some new things which is always great :3
Hey, XRAGNA XZ, welcome to Smogon. I've been on Pokemon Showdown for quite some time myself and most people there are extremely friendly and nice. If you're looking to share some of your teams, head over to the Rate My Team sub-forum where you can get your team rated by some of the best raters on here (Be sure to read the rules first !). If you're looking to learn different tiers, head over to the Competitive Discussion forum, where each sub-forum has excellent resources you can use along with a myriad of sub-forum events you can take part in. If you need any further help, feel free to shoot me a PM ! We're glad to have you here & we hope you enjoy your stay !

Hey, XRAGNA XZ, welcome to Smogon. I've been on Pokemon Showdown for quite some time myself and most people there are extremely friendly and nice. If you're looking to share some of your teams, head over to the Rate My Team sub-forum where you can get your team rated by some of the best raters on here (Be sure to read the rules first !). If you're looking to learn different tiers, head over to the Competitive Discussion forum, where each sub-forum has excellent resources you can use along with a myriad of sub-forum events you can take part in. If you need any further help, feel free to shoot me a PM ! We're glad to have you here & we hope you enjoy your stay !
Hi and thank you for the info. I'm glad people are trying to help me which makes me feel even more excited posting thread's discussing with others, etc. About RMT, is there a rule about posting more than 1 per day?

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Hi and thank you for the info. I'm glad people are trying to help me which makes me feel even more excited posting thread's discussing with others, etc. About RMT, is there a rule about posting more than 1 per day?
There is a rule about that. You can only post one RMT every 2 weeks.

Hey guys, I'm new to the forums as well as competitive play for VG. Ive been looking to expand on my competitive play and develop new play styles.
Is there a thread for trading? I'm looking for a few guys for breeding.
A). Gothita with heal pulse
B). Ghastly with perish song and disable
C). Poliwag with encore
D). Female Scraggy with Intimidate

Any help would be appreciated! And I have decent trades with IVs.

Feel free to message me if you're looking for anything :)
I may be late to this but welcome to smogon. I can help you as old member of VGC and experienced player myself I would gladly be able to help you. I think you may know this but if you want those pokemon you should look into the wifi forums. People would gladly be willing to trade with you. Plus I give out competitive pokemon in my pokemon giveaway thread so you're always willing to look around and take what you need for VGC uses. If you need some pokemon to get started on your pokemon breeding journey I can help you just let me know by giving me a holler:) Also Most gives out ditto's and so does MattaPod. Good luck and enjoy your time on smogon.

Hi there, I'm Punkvis, 25yo from Rome.

I started playing pokemon from Blue version and competitive way since Diamond/Pearl.
I really love that so is not over yet :D

I noticed smogon years ago as very intresting community
and I believe that sharing this passion with a group like that will be a great experience.
Let's get started
:) I love Diamond and Pearl. Sadly so far I can't say the same for pokemon yellow:/ Pokemon yellow is a great game but for a pokemon game it doesn't hold up well to the current games and the music is very poor and kinda irritates me. (Yeah I know it was back then and technology was not advanced but still). I joined this community ages ago in hopes of getting better in battling. I did manage to get better however I never have as much free time as I would like to for battling in a competitive aspect. I could share some advice if you ever want just let me know.
Hi guys, u can call me "Saraii", i'm from Brazil, have 22 years old and i come here to learn and improve
my competitive skills, and training my english because i don't speak so good kkk... I come from brazilian
forum called PokéEVO so it's not my first time in a forum... Ah, i'm a brazilian youtuber too, have a small
channel but another time i'll show to u all... So this is it, thanks and bye!

:mad:
Welcome to smogon. I would be glad to help you out with any battling tips. Of course you can also share your wins on youtube as well. I would recommend doing pokemon showdown. OBS is also a great computer recording program that you may want to look into if you haven't. If you need something feel free to message me. Enjoy your time on smogon.

Hi guys. I'm MisterCantiere. I'm not new here, I played in Pokémon Showdown for more than a year, but this is my first time here in this forum! So, I'm kinda lazy to write something original, for this reason I'm gonna answer these questions found!

• Your favourite Pokemon? Scizor
  • Are you on PS? Yes and my nick there is MisterCantiere
  • What you plan to do here? I just want to pass some enjoyable time with you guys, playin on PS!
  • Things you might need help with? Lern something about team building, I'm really bad about creating my personal team
  • A little background info about you in real life, if you're ok with sharing that? I'm an italian guy, who is studing to become a music teacher or professor (I play piano). I love music and videogames (in particular, Mega Man, Touhou and Pokémon, obviously)!
  • Favourite Pokemon games? Pokémon Silver is my favourite one!

So, that's all for now! I hope I can have fun here at Smogon! ^^

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
Hi guys. I'm MisterCantiere. I'm not new here, I played in Pokémon Showdown for more than a year, but this is my first time here in this forum! So, I'm kinda lazy to write something original, for this reason I'm gonna answer these questions found!

• Your favourite Pokemon? Scizor
  • Are you on PS? Yes and my nick there is MisterCantiere
  • What you plan to do here? I just want to pass some enjoyable time with you guys, playin on PS!
  • Things you might need help with? Lern something about team building, I'm really bad about creating my personal team
  • A little background info about you in real life, if you're ok with sharing that? I'm an italian guy, who is studing to become a music teacher or professor (I play piano). I love music and videogames (in particular, Mega Man, Touhou and Pokémon, obviously)!
  • Favourite Pokemon games? Pokémon Silver is my favourite one!

So, that's all for now! I hope I can have fun here at Smogon! ^^
Welcome to Smogon, MisterCantiere!
How are you doing? I will have been a two-year member of Showdown and Smogon this spring--time sure does fly. Scizor is also one of my favorite Pokemon, since it has a great typing, is viable, and a good design. Since you would like to improve your teambuilding skills, I would recommend that you: 1) visit the Competitive Tutoring room in PS!; 2) join the Battling 101 Program; 3) get involved with the Competitive Discussion forum.

The Competitive Tutoring room is the place to go for quick teambuilding help and if you need it, competitive battling help, too. The Battling 101 Program involves apprentices being taught by tutors the major aspects of competitive battling, which can help while building a competitive team. Lastly, the Competitive Discussion forum has subforums for the major tiers, like OU and UU, which each have their own discussion threads about viable Pokemon and other things about the metagame. Viability Rankings threads were a big help when I was learning how to build a team, so I would definitely advise you to check them out. You can find the OU thread here. The OverUsed forum also has a Teambuilding Guide which can help you to understand what's important when creating a team.

If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to PM me, Chesty, Dr Ciel, Fluke, InfernapeTropius11, or TheHoodedGamer. I hope you enjoy your time here! :)

Hi everyone, my name is Zaex, i'm 18 and i joined few days ago. I really don't know what to write so... I'll answer fast:
  1. My favourite Pokémon is Charizard
  2. Yes, my username is the same: Zaex
  3. I plan to gain experience in pvp, learn better strategies and of course have fun doing Pokemon battles here with the community, actually i'm testing some teams on Showdown!
  4. As i've seen, i'm not the only one who need help with team building, that's the main reason for i joined
  5. I'm italian too, like the user MisterCantiere up there. Starting from next year i'm going to study to become a Game Designer. My favourite games besides Pokémon are: most of the Shin Megami Tensei games(expecially Nocturne), Devil may cry 1&3 and Xenoblade Chronicles. I like House music (more specifically Electro, Deep and Future House).
  6. I play Pokemon since Pokemon Red for Gameboy Color and I loved the 3th gen remeke of that, so Pokemon Fire Red is my favourite.
i hope that my answers have been enought for my presentation. If not, you are free to PM or ask to me anything at anytime.
See you around the forum!

Last edited:
hey guys, I'm Achillean, 15, and I'm really not new, I have been playing competitive since early 2014 and had another smog account that I made little effort to make a real prescence in. so uh
1. My favorite mon is Sneasel
2. Showdown name- Achillean (new as well) or maybe FaZeBoo
3. Im not great at mons so I'm looking to get better and make a good prescence here can help that
4. Favorite tier is ou

Hi everyone!! My name is Cass as you can see from my username!

I've been lurking on here for a while, but i just made my account today! Competitive battling has interested me for a while and once I found this website it has really helped me get started, so thank you! I've been playing pokemon since I was 4 and I started with pokemon silver! Ever since I was a kid the cyndaquil line has been my favourite! I also really love the togepi line, glaceon, and garchomp! My favourite games are the gen 2 and gen 4 games, although I love every gen of pokemon. My first memory of pokemon was finding a shiny butterfree and killing it with my typhlosion and then searching for hours trying to find another pink butterfree because I didnt know what a shiny was and I saw a pink butterfree in the anime so I thought I could find another one :') good times..

Hmm .. I guess I should say some things about me next! I am 17 and from Canada and I usually spend my time drawing and playing video games! I am really interested in going to animation school next year, because I am very passionate about art!

I've only competitive battled with my friends and I'm a little nervous to fight random people because the only reason I won is because I know how my friends play :/ but my friends only play ou and I really want to try out little cup and monotype and I'm making teams right now!

Thank you for taking the time to ready this and I hope you have a great day!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)