Monotype Good Cores (see post 136 for updates)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freeroamer

The greatest story of them all.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Hey guys on mobile so i will post more about this later but i would like to see a core of possible gothitelle and mega latios. I was think gothitelle would more along the lines with something like dragon dance latios removing all physical walls such as skarm porygon 2 chansey clefable helping lati set up on something else and try sweep... its something we havent seen so id like to see if someone could use this idea comptetively before i go and try it lol
I got u

Latios-Mega (M) @ Latiosite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute

Gothitelle @ Choice Specs
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 128 HP / 252 SpA / 128 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Trick
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt

Don't normally post here but this was a fun core me and Anttya used on a team a while back, the Gothitelle is catered to remove the majority of the things that would trouble this Latios, such as Ferrothorn and Skarmory. Sub on Latios is fun as it allows you to set up on Scald abusers, and generally be harder to revenge kill in general. I don't think this is actually the best Mega Latios set, I'd use offensive CM but if you're going to use DD Mega Latios, this Gothitelle is a fantastic partner.

In my opinion, Diggersby should be Band and Raptor Scarf to outspeed most Fighting Pokemons.

Did u have saved some replay to show the efficacity of BP M-Bunny?
As far as the core goes, I disagree with the item choices. The core is meant to wallbreak, and a scarf cannot properly do so. The core is very offensive, so an HO team with a scarfed partner can solve the speed control issue. While I've yet to make an HO Normal team out of the core like I've been meaning to, I modeled it after the "Triple Bunny" OU core that I messed around with during the Landorus-I suspect test. Forgive me for showing a replay of another tier, but this shows the efficiency of Baton Pass Lopunny with the core and the team in general. The team was close to get me reqs on a different alt before giving the the worst tilt of my life. watch me pls

I got u

Latios-Mega (M) @ Latiosite
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute

Gothitelle @ Choice Specs
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 128 HP / 252 SpA / 128 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Trick
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt

Don't normally post here but this was a fun core me and Anttya used on a team a while back, the Gothitelle is catered to remove the majority of the things that would trouble this Latios, such as Ferrothorn and Skarmory. Sub on Latios is fun as it allows you to set up on Scald abusers, and generally be harder to revenge kill in general. I don't think this is actually the best Mega Latios set, I'd use offensive CM but if you're going to use DD Mega Latios, this Gothitelle is a fantastic partner.

The core is very nice, but the Latios set can be optimized.

Latios (M) @ Latiosite
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw

While Latios loses out on the Adamant nature, the given nature prevents him from being revenged by base 100 scarf users(and scarfchomp) since scarves are prevalent in mono. Despite the being in a Psychic mono, Zen Heatbutt is the preffered STAB over Dragon Claw, as Zen Heatbutt+Earthquake have overall better coverage. If you do not care about outspeeding scarf users, a spread of 104 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 148 Spe with an Adamant nature can be used to outspeed the whole unboosted meta(base 150[MegaZam]) after a Dragon Dance. 252 Speed EVs are also preffered on Gothitelle, as they allow Gothitelle to more reliably speed creep [Mega] Scizors, who are quite a danger to the type.

Edit: Since Latios has Zen Heatbutt, Gothitelle can even forgo Psychic for Energy Ball to trap Hippowdons and Rotoms

Defensive Hazard Stacky Core for Dragon

Dragalge @ Black Sludge
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 156 HP / 252 SpA / 100 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Draco Meteor
- Toxic Spikes
- Hidden Power [Fire]/Hydro Pump/Scald/Thunderbolt

This pokemon is a monster, really underrated imo on Dragon. Its niche on this team is to set Toxic Spikes, while serving as a pokemon to block water moves and special attacks in general from Garchomp. It is a insanely reliable pokemon to stack spikes with, and if you play this core properly, should find several turns per game to set up tspikes, even if its just one layer. However, you can run more speed to set spikes on some variations of Azumarill and other fairy mons. Watch this thing's power, it packs a serious punch, even without a boosting item for its STAB. And it can smack some mons that come into defog or spin the spikes away. Even against Flying, due to this thing's power, its never a wasted slot to use. Plus running scald is cool, nice and burning stuff.

252+ SpA Adaptability Dragalge Sludge Wave vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Staraptor: 282-332 (75.4 - 88.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Dragalge Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Skarmory: 158-186 (47.3 - 55.6%) -- 75% chance to 2HKO

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast/Toxic/Endure
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail

Classic RH OU Chomp blanket checks metas pretty easily, even outside of his home in OU. He can serve as a switch in to multiple mons, and receive a Healing Wish from Latias as well as have screens set in front of it to bulk more hits. Most reliable Rock Setter I've ever probably used. The fourth move on this is up for you to figure out, Fire Blast hits and dismantles Steel teams with Fire/Ground coverage, and hits Bug/Steel, which can be an annoyance occasionally. Toxic can be for wearing down pokemon, but isn't recommended, because well.. If you play the core properly, you should have Drag setting tspikes already, so its a waste of a slot.

Latias @ Light Clay
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Healing Wish
- Defog/Psyshock/Safeguard/Thunder Wave/Draco Meteor

Sets screens, makes setting up dragons easier, mmm, sends healing wish, gives this core rarely used defog support for when it wants it. Latias is the glue that holds this defensive core together. Providing a key resist to a few mons, as well as a ground immunity to create some portion of mind games against certain types
(ground, ground, ground).

This core takes advantage of the synergy between these three mons to create an impressive hazard stack core to wear out an opponent's team, that while defensive in nature, doesn't slow down the offensive based rest of the Dragon team, with all three(with the exception of Latias, who doesn't have a move) contributing their little piece to the core. This core can be used extremely effectively against Fairy monos, with hazard stacking tspikes and rocks making it easier to sweep with a mon.

On a side note, this has to be one of the favorite cores I've created for a team. Also, add something like Kyurem-B/Kyurem/Ass Vest Goodra to help out the team take Ice moves.

scpinion

Life > Monotype... unfortunately :)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok guys, I went through and update all the sprite galleries to include all the cores that have been submitted to date. If I missed you core make sure to let me know b/c it had been a while since I last updated it.

Keep the awesome cores coming guys! I'll try to be more diligent about updating the sprite galleries.

As far as the core goes, I disagree with the item choices. The core is meant to wallbreak, and a scarf cannot properly do so. The core is very offensive, so an HO team with a scarfed partner can solve the speed control issue. While I've yet to make an HO Normal team out of the core like I've been meaning to, I modeled it after the "Triple Bunny" OU core that I messed around with during the Landorus-I suspect test. Forgive me for showing a replay of another tier, but this shows the efficiency of Baton Pass Lopunny with the core and the team in general. The team was close to get me reqs on a different alt before giving the the worst tilt of my life. watch me pls
This core is owned by every scarf fighting move and by 100+ base speed fighting pokemons . That's the problem imo.
For this reason I proposed to play scarf raptor. He is enough power full like this to make some damage...

Vid

Our life is what our thoughts make it
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Offenseive Flying Core

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure/Cloud Nine
EVs: 64 HP / 192 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Earthquake/Heal bell/Substitute
*note you can also put frustration but change happiness to 0 instead of return

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive/Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Wave/Psychic/Knock Off/Hidden Power(Ice)
- Rock Slide/Rock Polish/Knock Off/Grass Knot/Gravity/Psychic/Sludge Wave
*Note depending on moveset change evs and nature and ivs

This core works as Mega Altaria as the main sweeper and Landrous helping Mega Altaria out by getting rid of its counters. Landrous takes on pokemon such as Skarmory,Heatran,Ferrothorn etc. Mega-Altaria with the help of Landorus' wallbreaking potential gets easy sweeps with Lnadrous getting rid of its counters. Also on Landorus choose moveset that beats the pokemon that you want Landorus to beat. This offensive core decimates lots of types with little effort such as dark (once weavile is gone), fighting, steel, dragon, water. This core is very effective at breaking other types with little effort.

Skarmory is a good partner to set up stealth rock and also defog support and it can act as a physical wall

Tornadus-Therian is a good partner because it has u-turn which helps you get momuntuem and bring altaria or landrous on a switch and also provides special bulk with a an av set

Thundrus-I is a good partner because it gets prankster t-wave which can help with some fast ice types and gives you some way to stop fast pokemon you can't switch into

Thundrus-Therian is a good partner because its a very good scarfer and provides a way to deal with some scarfers with its diverse movepull.

Mandibuzz is a good partner because it provides defog support for Mega Altaria before it mega evolves and is a very good wall in general

Gyarados is a good partner because it gives you a way to take special ice attacks and also it serves as a good t-waver

Gliscor is a good partner because it helps you take on Mega Diancie with special defensive set. It can also be an annoying sub toxic mon as well.

Togekiss is a decent partner not the best but is still has its uses by providing t-wave support and heal bell support if it is not run on Mega-Altaria. Also, it can serve as a scarfer but no as good as Thundrus-Therian.

Aerodactyl can serve as a fast stealth rocker to help Mega Altaria and Landrous do their jobs. Also it has taunt which can prevent set up status and stealth rocks.

Dragonite is a good partner because it has priority in Extreme Speed and hits hard with a Choice Ban stab Outrages.Also can be another Dragon Dancer

Honchkrow is a good partner because it has priority sucker punch and also hits hard with stab life orb brave birds. Also heat Wave helps get rid of steel types making Altaria's job easier.

Staraptor is a good partner because it can server as a scarfer while also having Close Combat to get rid of steel types for Mega Altaria. It Also has stab Brave Bird and Stab Doubles Edge which hits hard with Stab. U-turn also helps you get momentum.

Articuno is a good partner because it helps you sponge special ice moves while also giving you access to heal bell if you don't have it on Altaria. Also this Pokemon helps with water types with freeze dry.

Kyurem-Black is a threat to this core because it has bolt beam coverage. The best way to beat it is with a Scarfer if its Scarfed or rely o Focus blast from Landrous if its not choiced.

Weavile is a threat to this core because with stab life orb Icicle Crashes if you don't have Skarmory then it can be trouble but if you have Skarmory then you should be fine. Although if it has swords dance you may not be able to beat it

Mamoswine is a threat to this core because it can fire powerful ice shard and kill of this offensive core with ease. You will need Skarmory Healthy to deal with this as well.

This core is owned by every scarf fighting move and by 100+ base speed fighting pokemons . That's the problem imo.
For this reason I proposed to play scarf raptor. He is enough power full like this to make some damage...
The problem I see is that Raptor's moves are much more spammable so it performs better as a wall breaker. Diggersby can't afford to be locked on EQ early on. I see your point but offensive mononormal teams will always have trouble with fighting anyways (unless Sticky Web support)

Vid

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Defensive Ghost core

Sableye @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Snarl/Dark Pulse/Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind
or
Sableye @ Sablenite
EVs: 248 HP / 112 Def / 148 SpD
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Knock Off
- Foul Play/Toxic

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 HP / 212 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic/Wil-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Taunt/Ice beam/Shadow Ball

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy/Leftovers/Air Ballon
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Atk / 212 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- King's Shield
- Sacred Sword/Shadow Claw/iron Head
or
Aegislash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 244 SpA / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Toxic
- King's Shield
- Substitute

This core has 3 Pokemon that all can take their respective hits for ghost. Sabelye's job is tank hits and or set up calm minds to sweep and fire of Wil-o-Wisps. Jellicent acts as the special wall sponging special hits and also having toxic or Wil-o-Wisp to status opponents. Aegislash is there to sponge fairy moves that Mega Sableye does not like. Depending on what Mega Sableye. Aegislash can also act as a wallbreaker with the wallbreaker set or it can run the sub toxic set helps which you get rid of bulky fat walls as well as avoiding status with Substitute. Iron head is also a good option Aegislash to get rid of the fairy types that Mega Sableye does not like. Also with Magic Bounce Mega Sableye can also use hazards against the opponent and status as well. The core is very unique with 2 Pokemon being able to run 2 different sets. Also a good mention is that you can run SD Aegislash but it is not recommend but it still can work with this core. Overall this core works well because every single Pokemon supports the other in some way which makes this defensive core very solid.

Gengar is a good partner because its very fast and can get rid of fairy types Mega Sableye struggles with

Chandelure is a good partner because it is an execlent scarfer and can cripple fat walls and set up sweepers that this core does not like.

Golurk is a good partner because it has the ability set up rocks and it gives you a physical attacker that packs a punch

Gourgeist-Super is a good partner because it gives you another Wil-o-Wisper and a way to take ground moves as well as providing teamates with leech seed recovery

Froslass is a good partner because it has thunder wave and also has spikes which can help this core take down threats with hazard stack. This also can carry t-wave support for set up sweepers

Dusknoir is a good a partner because if it carries assualt vest it can help this core check threats

Cofagrigus is a good partner because it can set up trick room as well as Wil-o-Wisp. This pokemon is more of an add-on to the core.

Spiritomb is a good partner because it has priotty in sucker punch and shadow sneak as well as Wil-o-Wisp.

Misdreavus is a good partner because it can provide heal bell support and also is immune to ground moves.

Mismagius is a good partner because it can provide heal bell(Misdreavus is better at that though) and also run a sub nasty plot sweeper set.

Shedinja is a gimmick that can be used on this core and can be very fun it can be very good if played well

Mega-Charizard-Y is a threat because it can 2 hit ko every single member of this core with ease

Mega-Charizard-X is a threat to this core because it can set up on almost everytihng on this core unless you are running utlity Mega Sableye

Landorus-I is a threat to this core because it can 2 hit ko every single member of this core. Best way to beat it run Utlity Mega Sableye and knock off the Life Orb so it loses power or sack something then have jelcient scald it.

Hydreigon is a threat to this core if its Specs with Dark Pulse if its then Jelicent tanks Scarf or Life orb as well as Utility Mega Sabelye or +1 Mega Sableye

Gengar is a threat to this core because it has dazzling gleam which does massive ammounts of damage to Mega Sableye as well as just being able to spam shadow ball.

upload_2015-7-21_13-25-35.png
Hoopa Unbound although it is a new mon and it might get ban from monotype is a big threat to this core because with hyperspace fury it goes through Aegliash's King Shield and does massive amounts of damage to Aegiliash. Mega Sableye is able to beat it when it Mega Evolves.

Twix

jicama
is a Contributor Alumnus
+

This core can be Defensive or Offensive depending on the individual sets.

Defensive:

Ampharos @ Ampharosite
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 28 SpA / 232 SpD
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Dragon Pulse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Offensive:

Ampharos @ Ampharosite
Ability: Static
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Agility
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Dragon Pulse

Defensive:

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Offensive:

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Scarf / Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Trick

Based on type synergy, Mega Ampharos and Rotom-W pair extremely well, Ampharos resisting Grass, and Rotom-W being immune to Ground and resisting Ice. They can both provide momentum to each other by virtue of slow Volt Switches, as well as weakening opponents with their STABs and Will-O-Wisp in the case of Rotom-W.

- Zapdos could work very well with this core, as it already does very well in combination with Rotom-W and can provide Defog support, as well as the ability to hit Grass-types super-effectively.
- Galvantula can provide Speed Control with Sticky Web, as well as take on most Grass-types and some Water-types.

- If Excadrill is running a Mold Breaker set it can easily clean through the core by spamming Earthquake.
- Although it doesn't get much usage, Abomasnow can easily break through the core with its STAB combination.
- Kyurem-B can set up a Substitute against either one of the Pokemon and proceed to fire off Earth Powers. Other Dragon-types can be very threatening as well, but need to watch out for a Will-O-Wisp.

Rotom-W can break down walls by use of Trick, while it can also Volt Switch to Mega Ampharos and give it an opportunity to set up Agility, or fire off a very strong attack. Rotom-W can also take on most Ground-types for Ampharos, while Ampharos can mostly deal with Grass-types, bar Celebi and a few others. Ampharos can also weaken Dragon-types so Rotom-W is more free to use its STAB moves, without them being resisted.

- Galvantula can provide Speed Control with Sticky Web, as well as taking on Grass-types with a STAB Bug Buzz and Water / Ground-types such as Seismitoad and Gastrodon with Giga Drain or Energy Ball.
- Eelektross can take on Water/Ground-types with Giga Drain, while providing momentum towards the pair with Volt Switch.
- Electivire can act as a Check to non Sand Rush Excadrill with Cross Chop or Earthquake.

- Gastrodon and Seismitoad can wall both of these Pokemon if running a Specially Defensive set, although the best they can do to Rotom-W is Toxic it or burn it with Scald, while Swampert can wall Rotom-W, but can't hit it, and can OHKO Swampert, although it fears a hit from it.

- Specially Defensive Sylveon doesn't have much of a problem taking hits from both Pokemon, and can fire back with a Pixilate boosted Hyper Voice.

Offenseive Flying Core

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure/Cloud Nine
EVs: 64 HP / 192 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Earthquake/Heal bell/Substitute
*note you can also put frustration but change happiness to 0 instead of return

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive/Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Wave/Psychic/Knock Off/Hidden Power(Ice)
- Rock Slide/Rock Polish/Knock Off/Grass Knot/Gravity/Psychic/Sludge Wave
*Note depending on moveset change evs and nature and ivs

This core works as Mega Altaria as the main sweeper and Landrous helping Mega Altaria out by getting rid of its counters. Landrous takes on pokemon such as Skarmory,Heatran,Ferrothorn etc. Mega-Altaria with the help of Landorus' wallbreaking potential gets easy sweeps with Lnadrous getting rid of its counters. Also on Landorus choose moveset that beats the pokemon that you want Landorus to beat. This offensive core decimates lots of types with little effort such as dark (once weavile is gone), fighting, steel, dragon, water. This core is very effective at breaking other types with little effort.

Skarmory is a good partner to set up stealth rock and also defog support and it can act as a physical wall

Tornadus-Therian is a good partner because it has u-turn which helps you get momuntuem and bring altaria or landrous on a switch and also provides special bulk with a an av set

Thundrus-I is a good partner because it gets prankster t-wave which can help with some fast ice types and gives you some way to stop fast pokemon you can't switch into

Thundrus-Therian is a good partner because its a very good scarfer and provides a way to deal with some scarfers with its diverse movepull.

Mandibuzz is a good partner because it provides defog support for Mega Altaria before it mega evolves and is a very good wall in general

Gyarados is a good partner because it gives you a way to take special ice attacks and also it serves as a good t-waver

Gliscor is a good partner because it helps you take on Mega Diancie with special defensive set. It can also be an annoying sub toxic mon as well.

Togekiss is a decent partner not the best but is still has its uses by providing t-wave support and heal bell support if it is not run on Mega-Altaria. Also, it can serve as a scarfer but no as good as Thundrus-Therian.

Aerodactyl can serve as a fast stealth rocker to help Mega Altaria and Landrous do their jobs. Also it has taunt which can prevent set up status and stealth rocks.

Dragonite is a good partner because it has priority in Extreme Speed and hits hard with a Choice Ban stab Outrages.Also can be another Dragon Dancer

Honchkrow is a good partner because it has priority sucker punch and also hits hard with stab life orb brave birds. Also heat Wave helps get rid of steel types making Altaria's job easier.

Staraptor is a good partner because it can server as a scarfer while also having Close Combat to get rid of steel types for Mega Altaria. It Also has stab Brave Bird and Stab Doubles Edge which hits hard with Stab. U-turn also helps you get momentum.

Articuno is a good partner because it helps you sponge special ice moves while also giving you access to heal bell if you don't have it on Altaria. Also this Pokemon helps with water types with freeze dry.

Kyurem-Black is a threat to this core because it has bolt beam coverage. The best way to beat it is with a Scarfer if its Scarfed or rely o Focus blast from Landrous if its not choiced.

Weavile is a threat to this core because with stab life orb Icicle Crashes if you don't have Skarmory then it can be trouble but if you have Skarmory then you should be fine. Although if it has swords dance you may not be able to beat it

Mamoswine is a threat to this core because it can fire powerful ice shard and kill of this offensive core with ease. You will need Skarmory Healthy to deal with this as well.
I find Sludge Wave + Psychic to be the best moves for a lando that's paired with Alt because it lets you beat Fairies and Mega Venu + poisons

Defensive Ghost core

Sableye @ Sablenite
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Snarl/Dark Pulse/Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind
or
Sableye @ Sablenite
EVs: 248 HP / 112 Def / 148 SpD
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Knock Off
- Foul Play/Toxic

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 HP / 212 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic/Wil-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Taunt/Ice beam/Shadow Ball

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy/Leftovers/Air Ballon
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Atk / 212 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- King's Shield
- Sacred Sword/Shadow Claw/iron Head
or
Aegislash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 244 SpA / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Toxic
- King's Shield
- Substitute

This core has 3 Pokemon that all can take their respective hits for ghost. Sabelye's job is tank hits and or set up calm minds to sweep and fire of Wil-o-Wisps. Jellicent acts as the special wall sponging special hits and also having toxic or Wil-o-Wisp to status opponents. Aegislash is there to sponge fairy moves that Mega Sableye does not like. Depending on what Mega Sableye. Aegislash can also act as a wallbreaker with the wallbreaker set or it can run the sub toxic set helps which you get rid of bulky fat walls as well as avoiding status with Substitute. Iron head is also a good option Aegislash to get rid of the fairy types that Mega Sableye does not like. Also with Magic Bounce Mega Sableye can also use hazards against the opponent and status as well. The core is very unique with 2 Pokemon being able to run 2 different sets. Also a good mention is that you can run SD Aegislash but it is not recommend but it still can work with this core. Overall this core works well because every single Pokemon supports the other in some way which makes this defensive core very solid.

Gengar is a good partner because its very fast and can get rid of fairy types Mega Sableye struggles with

Chandelure is a good partner because it is an execlent scarfer and can cripple fat walls and set up sweepers that this core does not like.

Golurk is a good partner because it has the ability set up rocks and it gives you a physical attacker that packs a punch

Gourgeist-Super is a good partner because it gives you another Wil-o-Wisper and a way to take ground moves as well as providing teamates with leech seed recovery

Froslass is a good partner because it has thunder wave and also has spikes which can help this core take down threats with hazard stack. This also can carry t-wave support for set up sweepers

Dusknoir is a good a partner because if it carries assualt vest it can help this core check threats

Cofagrigus is a good partner because it can set up trick room as well as Wil-o-Wisp. This pokemon is more of an add-on to the core.

Spiritomb is a good partner because it has priotty in sucker punch and shadow sneak as well as Wil-o-Wisp.

Misdreavus is a good partner because it can provide heal bell support and also is immune to ground moves.

Mismagius is a good partner because it can provide heal bell(Misdreavus is better at that though) and also run a sub nasty plot sweeper set.

Shedinja is a gimmick that can be used on this core and can be very fun it can be very good if played well

Mega-Charizard-Y is a threat because it can 2 hit ko every single member of this core with ease

Mega-Charizard-X is a threat to this core because it can set up on almost everytihng on this core unless you are running utlity Mega Sableye

Landorus-I is a threat to this core because it can 2 hit ko every single member of this core. Best way to beat it run Utlity Mega Sableye and knock off the Life Orb so it loses power or sack something then have jelcient scald it.

Hydreigon is a threat to this core if its Specs with Dark Pulse if its then Jelicent tanks Scarf or Life orb as well as Utility Mega Sabelye or +1 Mega Sableye

Gengar is a threat to this core because it has dazzling gleam which does massive ammounts of damage to Mega Sableye as well as just being able to spam shadow ball.

View attachment 46359Hoopa Unbound although it is a new mon and it might get ban from monotype is a big threat to this core because with hyperspace fury it goes through Aegliash's King Shield and does massive amounts of damage to Aegiliash. Mega Sableye is able to beat it when it Mega Evolves.
Why not Water Absorb instead Cursed Body, you can avoid like this Burns caused by Scald and like this, Keldeo Sub CM.

um,
Offensive Core

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Hasty Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Bullet Punch
- Grass Knot

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 116 HP / 252 SpA / 140 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Fire
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

I'm coming down with whooping cough, but at least I still have a silver tongue.

Meatgross's Mega functions surprisingly like a Life Orb Keldeo, although with way more bulk and without the recoil damage. The given set allows it to take it's revenge killers down with it, as outspeeding is not enough anymore, they must also be at full health. It also wards off sucker punch to an extent, which is nice given that the megastone makes it the stronger than the knock off many STAB abusers will also have. Trading in zen headbutt, earthwquake, or ice punch dramatically improves your performance against ceirtain types, and metagross mega is still very cabable as a pursuit user if you want to go that way. Provides a ton of offensive momentum for the generally stally steel type. Grass knot is for slowbro and other weakened bulky waters, and dosen't get weakened if you suffer a burn.

Mold Breaker Excadrill dosen't try to compete with other scarfed pokemon, but settles for dealing with unboosted +natures, outside of a couple outliers (mainly base 145-150 megaevolutions) Mold breaker makes it very threatening to rotom, and also increases damage against a couple of other pokemon. His t wave immunity sometimes puts in work, and he does outspeed+1 dragonite. His attacks are considerably weaker than his ground type set, but in the past I've run toxic over rapid spin to hit tanks like slowbro, hippowdon, mandibuzz, and now megasablye, on the switch in, as you'll be switching out after these pokemon have come in anyway, so you mine as well give them something to remember.

Modest Magnezone's speed numbers. 84 for uninvested base 70s (scizor/skarmory) 140 for heatran, 168 for uninvested base 80s (mandibuzz) In monotype running speed creep is less popular than maxing out bulk on what few walls each type gets, so a speedy magnezone can put in far more work here than in OU, at the cost of his bulk, but that was never special to begin with. As one of the few special attackers on a steel team, magnezone is primarily cares about hitting physical walls and tanks that don't invest and speed, as they are the main obstacle to the other attackers and stall core. The specs set can easily power through the a suicune or mega sablye with one or even 2 calm minds under its belt thanks to the tremendous power of its stab. Utterly eliminates specific bulky offensive threats, but often has to watch out for moves like superpower, and the opponet fast switching to bring you in as bait.

• Base 100 or higher DD pokemon are not really open fore revenge killing, as only metagross could tank a hit, and they might display an even more offensive spread than you expected.
  • Victini is still very much a problem.
  • Fighting teams still a problem if you don't find room for zen headbutt on metagross (and keldeo in particular)
  • Switching into foul play does substantial damage to metagross and excadrill
  • Life Orb sets of bisharp will Kill the last two without a boost if they take 2-3 turns of stealth rock damage.
  • While magnezone can snipe hippowdon with grass knot, this will give excadrill the maximum number of sandrush turns, which will be fatal if the ground team succeeded in killing skarmory already.

Good Partners
  • Skarmory
  • Heatran
  • Klefki
  • Ferrothron
  • Bisharp
  • Jirachi
um, I think that Metagrossite is banned by the mono metagame. Is there any other item that makes the cut? just wondering.

Vid

um,

um, I think that Metagrossite is banned by the mono metagame. Is there any other item that makes the cut? just wondering.
Bisharp over metagross is a good bet and the core is still very effective with bisharp instead of metagross. :)

here is a quick bisharp set if you are need one
Bisharp @ Life Orb/Lum Berry
Ability: Defiant
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Defensive Rock core

Aggron @ Aggronite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Atk / 72 Def
Impish Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Fire Punch
- Rest
- Sleep Talk / Thunder Wave

Diancie @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpA
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Heal Bell
- Moonblast
- Trick Room
- Earth Power / Diamond Storm

Tyranitar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 124 HP / 120 Atk / 252 SpD / 12 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Fire Blast
- Pursuit / Ice Beam
OR
Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Crunch / Ice Punch
- Superpower / Ice Punch

Generally, Rock kinda stinks defensively, but this core does a decent enough job at supporting each other for a lot of offensive threats. There was already a defensive Rock core posted that looks similar to this, but Diancie changes the core really nicely. I made this core for the CCRo4 Monotype Core Laddering Challenge, (Mega Aggron + Diancie) and it was actually really fun to use. If you really want to try out a Balanced Rock team, this is a nice way to start one.
Mega Aggron - This really should be found on most defensive Rock cores, as the unique Steel resist is just glorious. Heavy Slam lets you remove stuff like Azumarill and Clefable which Diancie and Tyranitar really really hate. Fire Punch is probably one of the more questionable slots, but I like having it to hurt Ferrothorn, Scizor, and Excadrill as opposed to MonoAttacking with a Curse set. RestTalk is there to let it heal up and absorb status decently, most notably Breloom's Spore. However, you could also use Thunder Wave over Sleep Talk to help out with Serperior and other sweepers that Aggron can't handle by straight up attacking. Diancie's Heal Bell works nicely here, waking up Aggron early. The EVs allow it to have a 50% chance to OHKO Mega Medicham after Stealth Rock while still having a good chance to avoid a 2HKO from Adamant Life Orb Excadrill's Excadrill and 2HKO back with Fire Punch.

Diancie - Diancie is my favorite part of the core. Heal Bell is just great for curing Scald-inflicted burns or Aggron's sleep and lets you switch into lots of sheet a little more recklessly if need be. Moonblast is there for tons of Fighting- and Dark-types, but it really won't be doing much damage, not even OHKOing Keldeo :x. Moonblast lets it operate as a great non-CM Mega Sableye check (CM Sableye can just keep boosting CM / using Recover). Trick Room lets Diancie pull off a sweep against a weakened Fighting or Dark monotype which is pretty valuable when Diancie is your main Fighting-type answer. Trick Room also supports the team nicely, especially when you have Mega Aggron or Tyranitar against Fairy or Psychic, respectively. The last slot is just filler, so feel free to try out a bunch of other moves here. Earth Power sorta hits Steel-types, but again, Diancie doesn't have much of an offensive presence. Diamond Storm is secondary STAB, and, although it leaves you walled by Steel-types, Diancie is the only safe switch-in for Thundurus and Tornadus-T on the core, so being able to remove them is neat. The EVs provide enough bulk to avoid an OHKO from anything that Adamant Mega Medicham carries, and the rest was dumped into Special Attack.

Tyranitar - (Assault Vest) Mega Aggron and Diancie were primarily physically defensive walls, so Assault Vest Tyranitar completed the core, providing an amazing specially defensive wall. Stone Edge is simply there as nice STAB, albeit with annoyingly inconsistent accuracy. Crunch is secondary STAB for hitting bulky Psychic-types like Meloetta, Slowbro, and Mew, as well as a few Ghost-types like Gengar and Chandelure. Fire Blast is for Steel-types, most importantly Skarmory and Ferrothorn. Pursuit is great for getting chip damage on random stuff switching out i guess, and Ice Beam hits Landorus and other x4 Ice weak Pokemon very nicely. The EVs are a little jumbled, but I assure you that they aren't terribly stupid. 252 Special Defense EVs get more use out of the Assault Vest, and 120 Attack EVs let you 2HKO maximum defense Slowbro after Stealth Rock. 12 Speed EVs are there to speed creep Aegislash which tend to speed creep Tyranitar, and the rest of the EVs were plopped into HP for overall bulk.
(Choice Scarf) I decided to test this out recently, and it's pretty fun to use, as it is a little unorthodox in Monotype. Although it obviously won't be filling the role of a special wall anymore (although its raw bulk is still decent under sand), it is useful for trapping stuff like Gengar, Latios, and weakened targets with Pursuit. With the EV spread, it outspeeds unboosted base 115~ Pokemon, so you can get a nice hit on Starmie, Serperior, and Specs Keldeo. The moves have the same basic function as the AV set, just with more emphasis on Pursuit. Superpower is there to surprise Bisharp and hit Keldeo well, and the surprise coverage is really nice.

Offensive Grass-types - Both Diancie and Tyranitar are weak to Grass and, while it does resist Grass, Mega Aggron usually falls to secondary coverage due to a lack of Special Defense and can't do enough damage back in most cases.
Bulky Ground-types - Lots of Ground-types can simply click Earthquake with little repercussions while the core struggles to do much back. However, you got teammates, use em' \o/
Water-types - This core has no switch-ins for these either, but Mega Aggron can switch into a few if it has already Mega Evolved although it struggles to do much back to the majority of them. Tyranitar can handle a ton of special attacking Water-types as long as they don't cripple it with Scald, but Diancie's Heal Bell can help out in that situation.
Hazard Stacking - With Tyranitar and Diancie lacking reliable recovery and Mega Aggron using RestTalk, the core can be easily whittled down by entry hazards. This is really troublesome since Rock lacks a *reliable* hazard remover. If forced to switch into hazards often enough, the core will simply be overpowered.

Cradily - Cradily solves many of the problems that the core struggles with, boasting an immunity to Water-types and a neutrality to both Ground- and Grass-type attacks. I would've placed it up there with the main 3 as part of the core, but it is relatively easy to set up on and often relies on Toxic + Recover spam to do decent damage to stuff that aren't weak to Grass.
Solrock - Although pretty uncommon and a little hard to use, Solrock definitely contributes interesting support for the core. With full Defense investment and access to Will-O-Wisp and Morning Sun, Solrock can actually full a defensive role well, as it acts as a reliable Ground-type and Fighting-type switch-in (Walls the heck out of Infernape, Garchomp, and a bunch more!) Also, it can pull off a Trick Room support set fairly well, if need be. However, it can be annoying if Tyranitar's Sand is up when using Solrock at times, since Morning Sun will heal less HP during those turns. Regardless, it's pretty fun to use if you can get the hang of it. I prefer running Will-O-Wisp, Morning Sun, Zen Headbutt, and Skill Swap (there wasn't much to use for slot #4, so SS is there to handle Gliscor) on it myself. Magic Coat is another good option for slot #4 as well, since it stops Infernape and Hippowdon pretty well.

Offensive Pokemon - Terrakion, Archeops, Omastar, and other offensive Pokemon in general love having the defensive backbone that this core provides to fall back on. Choice Scarf Terrakion can remove several setup sweepers before things get too nasty, like +1 Mega Gyarados or Dragonite. Archeops destroys Grass-types and provides a useful Ground-type immunity. Omastar removes Ground-types for the core and likes the core's ability to weaken its checks and counters.
Hazard Control - Although Rock has really cruddy options for hazard removal, this core seriously despises hazards stacking, so these guys deserve a mention. The main problem about these Pokemon is the lack to either switch in well to common Stealth Rock / Spikes users or keep hazards off consistently and still manage to pull their weight on the team.

EDIT: Added some other possible options/changes to the core

Last edited:
Fairies:
I havent faced fairies but i do know that even though they lack physical bulk for the most part, they have klefki to set up screens and anything that is in front of klefki risks being parad. Fighting has no way to get rid of screens as no fighting type gets access to defog. As far as i know there isnt much way around an experienced fairy user. People that know how to use fighting better are welcome to correct this statement.
There is the occasional Brick Break, which destroys screens.

Posting a template for a core dump for my 100th post that I'll get to eventually. I'll add more cores when i come back to this if i have the time.
Defensive Core (Dark)

Sableye-Mega @ Sablenite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Will-O-Wisp / Toxic
- Recover
- Snarl / Fake Out / Metal Burst
- Knock Off / Foul Play / Snatch

Mandibuzz (F) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Brave Bird
- Foul Play / Taunt / Toxic
How to use:

Offensive Core (Psychic)

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Blue Flare

Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Substitute

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Heart Stamp / U-Turn
- Trick / U-Turn
- Healing Wish

How to use:

Offensive Core (Steel)

Bisharp @ Life Orb / Lum Berry
Ability: Defiant
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite

Last edited:
I'm not sure I agree with your threats to the steel core. I haven't played in a bit so I might be wrong, but I remember keldeo and infernape being much more threatening than victini, darmanitan, and entei. The main reason is those 3 mons are usually choiced and steel teams have heatran+rocks. Bisharp can just kill with sucker punch, mega scizor actually has a niche vs fire because it can take the superpower/earthquakes/bulldozes aimed at heatran. Infernape and keldeo are much more threatening because there is nothing on steel to counter them. Also, since fire is much less common than psychic, I'd like to point out a common scenario. I'm not going to detail the entire steel psychic matchup, but if victini comes into a +2 scizor it vcreates/blue flares 99% of the time...I can't say I've ever seen one not do that, because they have to. Any good player will recognize it's too risky not to. So that's a free switch to heatran and flash fire. But the main thing is just that infernape and keldeo have better stabs for steel than the very one dimensional, usually choice locked darmanitan and entei. Another reason is that water and fighting are simply more common than fire. More counters you might want to consider are on flying, heat wave zapdos, skarmory, charizard, and friends are all pretty annoying, with the only upside being defiant boosts on defog.

Also, I think you should put scizor, even victini doesn't want to take a bug bite after rocks and nothing on rachi threatens it. Scizor also could be a threat to the dark core. It's not nearly an auto win but imo it's steel's best chance vs dark.

I'm not sure I agree with your threats to the steel core. I haven't played in a bit so I might be wrong, but I remember keldeo and infernape being much more threatening than victini, darmanitan, and entei. The main reason is those 3 mons are usually choiced and steel teams have heatran+rocks. Bisharp can just kill with sucker punch, mega scizor actually has a niche vs fire because it can take the superpower/earthquakes/bulldozes aimed at heatran. Infernape and keldeo are much more threatening because there is nothing on steel to counter them. Also, since fire is much less common than psychic, I'd like to point out a common scenario. I'm not going to detail the entire steel psychic matchup, but if victini comes into a +2 scizor it vcreates/blue flares 99% of the time...I can't say I've ever seen one not do that, because they have to. Any good player will recognize it's too risky not to. So that's a free switch to heatran and flash fire. But the main thing is just that infernape and keldeo have better stabs for steel than the very one dimensional, usually choice locked darmanitan and entei. Another reason is that water and fighting are simply more common than fire. More counters you might want to consider are on flying, heat wave zapdos, skarmory, charizard, and friends are all pretty annoying, with the only upside being defiant boosts on defog.

Also, I think you should put scizor, even victini doesn't want to take a bug bite after rocks and nothing on rachi threatens it. Scizor also could be a threat to the dark core. It's not nearly an auto win but imo it's steel's best chance vs dark.
It isn't complete
Nor are their partners
Otherwise I completely agree with most of this

For the record, I take no credit for anything to do with the creation of this core. This was the work of my friend. Emblem Cynthia, who, due to no way to create a Smogon account, has asked me to post this. So, without further ado,

Fairy Defensive

Sylveon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Baton Pass
- Protect
- Draining Kiss

Whimsicott @ Flame Orb
Bold Nature
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Switcheroo
- Giga Drain

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Synchronize
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Will-O-Wisp
- Confuse Ray
- Draining Kiss

Major Threats:
/
This is the biggest threat.
Immune to Burn, resists Draining Kisses.
Whirlwind can blow out all of your stat boosts

Less than Major Threats:
/
Magic Bouncers can really Mess up this team.
Taunt users are also quite Problematic.

Volt-Turn is an issue, as it removes confusion.

For the record, I take no credit for anything to do with the creation of this core. This was the work of my friend. Emblem Cynthia, who, due to no way to create a Smogon account, has asked me to post this. So, without further ado,

Fairy Defensive

Sylveon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Baton Pass
- Protect
- Draining Kiss

Whimsicott @ Flame Orb
Bold Nature
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Switcheroo
- Giga Drain

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Synchronize
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Will-O-Wisp
- Confuse Ray
- Draining Kiss

Major Threats:
/
This is the biggest threat.
Immune to Burn, resists Draining Kisses.
Whirlwind can blow out all of your stat boosts

Less than Major Threats:
/
Magic Bouncers can really Mess up this team.
Taunt user are also quite Problematic.

Volt-Turn is an issue, as it removes confusion.
I'm sorry to pick at this vigorously, but not only is this not a core, but these sets are not even well constructed or competitive.

A defensive core consists of partners who can switch in and out of offensive threats. This core fails to do that because they not only share the same weaknesses, but share the same offensive threats with no real way to scathe them.

Fairies severely lack solid physical defenses, so CM/Cleric/Support Sylveon should always run a physically defensive orientated or mixed spread. Furthermore, not only does Draining Kiss make disuse of one of the best offensive abilities in the game, but it now gives Sylveon a useless ability and helps it assert itself as a passive mon. Also, Clefable > non-Pixeliate Sylveon.

I've seen Sub-Seed Whsiscott put in some work in this tier. I've used it with success on low/mid ladder alts for giggles. Under the right circumstances and with the right set, Sub-Seed Whimsiscott can be incredibly effective. This is not that set. While Switcheroo Flame Orb can be great for catching CB Scizor, Landorus-I/T, Skarmory, Exadrill, Ferrothorn and the like off guard, it means that you can only ever switch Whimsiscott after a knock out, as any other means reveals the Flame Orb and instantly cripples the set. Furthermore, you are never certain of what item you'll receive. If you find that you tricked yourself a choice item, then congratulations on acquiring a useless slot.

Bulky Mega-Gardevoir is a neat set, but I don't believe it to be one that should ever be used on a Fairy team due to the structure of the type. The best way to utilize this build would be with a Wish passing set. Generally, Clefable would be the better user of this set, but Gardevoir can become a niche user due to Will-o-Wisp, a great speed tier, and an immediate offensive presence. Consecutively, Confuse Ray is not only uncompetitive due to its unreliability, but it does nothing for this set. Sure, it can force a switch and allow you to set up a Calm Mind, but Mega-Gardevoir already forces switches and finds ample opportunity to set one up.

Here is a revised version of this "core." I'll actually come back to this later and optimize the EVs on Togekiss and possibly Sylveon.

Sylveon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Hyper Voice

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Superpower
- Aqua Jet

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Wish / Thunder Wave / Air Slash
- Roost
- Defog
- Flamethrower

The core is simple. Sylveon and Togekiss keep Azumarill alive long enough to put dents in teams. Choice Band because that actually allows Azumarill to break through just about every threat bar Mega-Venusaur. Skarmory, Ferrothorn, Scizor, Bisharp, Excadrill, Victini, Jirachi, Hoopa, etc are all 1/2HKOd. Heal Bell allows Azumarill to play agressively versus Wisp users and Scald spanmers, all the while ridding Toxic from itself and Togekiss. Togekiss prevents the core from being worn down by hazards and acts as an emergency check to the likes of Scizor and Bisharp.

I'm sorry to pick at this vigorously, but not only is this not a core, but these sets are not even well constructed or competitive.

A defensive core consists of partners who can switch in and out of offensive threats. This core fails to do that because they not only share the same weaknesses, but share the same offensive threats with no real way to scathe them.

Fairies severely lack solid physical defenses, so CM/Cleric/Support Sylveon should always run a physically defensive orientated or mixed spread. Furthermore, not only does Draining Kiss make disuse of one of the best offensive abilities in the game, but it now gives Sylveon a useless ability and helps it assert itself as a passive mon. Also, Clefable > non-Pixeliate Sylveon.

I've seen Sub-Seed Whsiscott put in some work in this tier. I've used it with success on low/mid ladder alts for giggles. Under the right circumstances and with the right set, Sub-Seed Whimsiscott can be incredibly effective. This is not that set. While Switcheroo Flame Orb can be great for catching CB Scizor, Landorus-I/T, Skarmory, Exadrill, Ferrothorn and the like off guard, it means that you can only ever switch Whimsiscott after a knock out, as any other means reveals the Flame Orb and instantly cripples the set. Furthermore, you are never certain of what item you'll receive. If you find that you tricked yourself a choice item, then congratulations on acquiring a useless slot.

Bulky Mega-Gardevoir is a neat set, but I don't believe it to be one that should ever be used on a Fairy team due to the structure of the type. The best way to utilize this build would be with a Wish passing set. Generally, Clefable would be the better user of this set, but Gardevoir can become a niche user due to Will-o-Wisp, a great speed tier, and an immediate offensive presence. Consecutively, Confuse Ray is not only uncompetitive due to its unreliability, but it does nothing for this set. Sure, it can force a switch and allow you to set up a Calm Mind, but Mega-Gardevoir already forces switches and finds ample opportunity to set one up.

Here is a revised version of this "core." I'll actually come back to this later and optimize the EVs on Togekiss and possibly Sylveon.

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Hyper Voice

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Superpower
- Aqua Jet

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Flamethrower

The core is simple. Sylveon and Togekiss keep Azumarill alive long enough to put dents in teams. Choice Band because that actually allows Azumarill to break through just about every threat bar Mega-Venusaur. Skarmory, Ferrothorn, Scizor, Bisharp, Excadrill, Victini, Jirachi, Hoopa, etc are all 1/2HKOd. Heal Bell allows Azumarill to play agressively versus Wisp users and Scald spanmers, all the while ridding Toxic from itself and Togekiss. Togekiss prevents the core from being worn down by hazards and acts as an emergency check to the likes of Scizor and Bisharp.
It is hard to do Defensive Fairy. I understand that I don't have too much knowledge in this area, yours does look a lot better.

Twix

jicama
is a Contributor Alumnus

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Hyper Voice

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Superpower
- Aqua Jet

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Flamethrower

This actually seems like a balance core due to Azumarill. I feel like just Togekiss and Sylveon would work if you were looking for a defensive core.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)